PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Thigpen

SIC J
11-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Once again proves that he SUCKS! LOL

I'm laughing at all your guys on here who wanted to keep him over Cassel.

So glad that you guys have no influence or decisions on what players play for the Chiefs. :lol:

Chiefster
11-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Re-post.

captainamerica
11-18-2010, 11:16 PM
In all fairness the game was a Thursday night game, so Thigpen didn't have a whole lot of time to prepare.

josh1971
11-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Meh, these are professional football players. He had from Sunday to Thursday, and he already knows how to play the game.

Now, he certainly couldn't lose a whole football game on his own, but I'm almost certain he's paid to be ready to play at any given time.

I was going to watch highlights, but NFL.com is way overrun with ads in their highlights, so I gave up. I've seen Thiggy get sacked and throw INTs before...

figcrostic
11-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Once again proves that he SUCKS! LOL

I'm laughing at all your guys on here who wanted to keep him over Cassel.

So glad that you guys have no influence or decisions on what players play for the Chiefs. :lol:

The guy has had his first start in how long? and you talk trash on him, if he would have came in and threw 5 td's with no int's would you have made a thread saying how awesome he is? I doubt it, get out of here hater. Thigpen is the man, he single handily gave a lot of fans hope, we had a wretchedly bad team I mean just pathetic and while he didn't win a lot of games he made the games watchable, if it wasn't for thigpen I might have quit watching football the entire 2008 season it was that depressing. Tyler Thigpen has heart and he is fun as hell to watch. He rushed for almost 40 yards per game, rushed for td's, and even caught a td pass.:chiefs:

Boxermm187
11-19-2010, 12:02 AM
alright now pass! life goes on now

SIC J
11-19-2010, 12:57 AM
The guy has had his first start in how long? and you talk trash on him, if he would have came in and threw 5 td's with no int's would you have made a thread saying how awesome he is? I doubt it, get out of here hater. Thigpen is the man, he single handily gave a lot of fans hope, we had a wretchedly bad team I mean just pathetic and while he didn't win a lot of games he made the games watchable, if it wasn't for thigpen I might have quit watching football the entire 2008 season it was that depressing. Tyler Thigpen has heart and he is fun as hell to watch. He rushed for almost 40 yards per game, rushed for td's, and even caught a td pass.:chiefs:

Yeah, you're right...... That 1 win in 11 starts gave me so much hope in 2008! What was I thinking?

mejohnm
11-19-2010, 01:06 AM
I always thought Football was a team sport?

Chiefster
11-19-2010, 07:32 AM
alright now pass! life goes on now

Yup! Move along, nothing to see here.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Funniest post I have read in a while. Thanks!:lol:

Ryfo18
11-19-2010, 11:13 AM

He was bad. He didn't even give his team a shot at a FG. Sorry, a "good" NFL quarterback despite all of the excuses should be able to get his team a scoring opportunity or two.

wilqb16
11-19-2010, 01:02 PM
17 of 29 for 187 and an INT. Thigpen actually played better than he thought I would considering his career QB rating not in the "Bullet" offense was like a 47.0.

I loved Thiggy when he was here but am glad we have Cassel. I think Thiggy showed he is what he is - a decent backup but nothing more...

Seek
11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't recall to many people wanting Tyler over Cassel. I do think there was many people who wanted Tyler over Croyle.

I still do...

mejohnm
11-19-2010, 03:30 PM
When Thigpen played the in the 4th quarter last week, he looked so much better because the whole team was playing better. This last game, just too many things went wrong. Marshall's crap didn't help either.

hometeam
11-19-2010, 08:56 PM
lets see how good any QB does vs peppers behind an arena league offensive line.

Canada
11-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Sic J likes to make "told ya so" threads when he is right about something. This will probably be his last thread.

Ryfo18
11-19-2010, 10:53 PM
lets see how good any QB does vs peppers behind an arena league offensive line.

The guy blocking Peppers, Jake Long, is a 2-time Pro-Bowler. He has only been in the league for 2 years also. Oh yeah, he was the first pick in the 2008 draft.

brdempsey69
11-19-2010, 11:46 PM
The guy blocking Peppers, Jake Long, is a 2-time Pro-Bowler. He has only been in the league for 2 years also. Oh yeah, he was the first pick in the 2008 draft.

But Long was playing hurt. Maimed left shoulder. He wasn't 100%. Not saying that Peppers wouldn't have made plays if Long was 100%, but I do believe it would have been a better match-up between Long and Peppers.

Ryfo18
11-19-2010, 11:51 PM
But Long was playing hurt. Maimed left shoulder. He wasn't 100%. Not saying that Peppers wouldn't have made plays if Long was 100%, but I do believe it would have been a better match-up between Long and Peppers.

Yeah he has a bum left labrum. You could tell he was favoring it. Just was kinda peeved with the term "arena league offensive line."

brdempsey69
11-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Yeah he has a bum left labrum. You could tell he was favoring it. Just was kinda peeved with the term "arena league offensive line."

You are quite right, the term "arena league O-Line" is quite extreme, although not only was Long not 100% & kind of gutting it out because the Dolphins didn't have anybody else to fill in for him, they had other guys playing out of position because of injuries. So the term "patchwork" would be more accurate.

figcrostic
11-20-2010, 08:59 AM
He was bad. He didn't even give his team a shot at a FG. Sorry, a "good" NFL quarterback despite all of the excuses should be able to get his team a scoring opportunity or two.

I don't remember saying he was good, just fun to watch.

SIC J
11-20-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't remember saying he was good, just fun to watch.

YOU posted this.....

"Thigpen is the man, he single handily gave a lot of fans hope, we had a wretchedly bad team I mean just pathetic"

And

"He rushed for almost 40 yards per game, rushed for td's, and even caught a td pass."

Sure sounds like you're trying to say he's "good" to me. Especially the first part I quoted you on.

You give me negative rep for this thread and then back track with that crap. LOL

figcrostic
11-20-2010, 07:21 PM
YOU posted this.....

"Thigpen is the man, he single handily gave a lot of fans hope, we had a wretchedly bad team I mean just pathetic"

And

"He rushed for almost 40 yards per game, rushed for td's, and even caught a td pass."

Sure sounds like you're trying to say he's "good" to me. Especially the first part I quoted you on.

You give me negative rep for this thread and then back track with that crap. LOL

No I never said he was good, I said he "gave a lot of fans hope" that in itself does not make him good, I don't think he's a bad qb, and maybe one day he could be good but right now he is a below average pocket passer with good athleticism. He scrambles good and throws good on the run, but he's not a good qb, but played much better then Brodie when he had to come in after Huard and Croyle got hurt. BTW there is a difference between good and bad just because your good doesn't mean you suck.

SIC J
11-20-2010, 10:05 PM
No I never said he was good, I said he "gave a lot of fans hope" that in itself does not make him good, I don't think he's a bad qb, and maybe one day he could be good but right now he is a below average pocket passer with good athleticism. He scrambles good and throws good on the run, but he's not a good qb, but played much better then Brodie when he had to come in after Huard and Croyle got hurt. BTW there is a difference between good and bad just because your good doesn't mean you suck.

I would agree with you if he wasn't 1-12 as a starter.........

chief31
11-20-2010, 10:20 PM
I would agree with you if he wasn't 1-12 as a starter.........

Does that mean that Trent Dilfer was the best QB in The NFL for a season?

SIC J
11-20-2010, 10:36 PM

That has no relevance at all to what is being discussed.

Chiefster
11-20-2010, 11:19 PM

That has no relevance at all to what is being discussed.

:lol:

I love this thread! :D