PDA

View Full Version : Another Flawless game for Cassel

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Might as well get rid of him next year.

kilobytes
11-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Excellent job today. We will see how good he does in a tight game and under pressure.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-21-2010, 04:03 PM
He sucks! LMFAO

matthewschiefs
11-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Cassel showed up today
Bowe showed up today
I Don't want ANY hate for either of them this week they got the job done.

SIC J
11-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Excellent job today. We will see how good he does in a tight game and under pressure.

Here we go again.........

People always have to end it with a negative remark. Can't ever just give him the credit he deserves.

Cassel once again does an awesome job!!!

KristofLaw
11-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Good on him. This feels better... :D :bananen_smilies046: :sFl_canada2: :chiefs:

McLovin
11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
I would go for that. Not going to win the big one with a slightly above average D and Cassel under center.

Pro_Angler
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
I just love the fact we are starting to gell finnaly in the passing game.
I just hate how certain people only show up after the game to critisize people every frikin week!!!! I love the ignore feature!! &^$^$^$^ !!!! i hate you

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 04:23 PM
I would go for that. Not going to win the big one with a slightly above average D and Cassel under center.

I'm sure they said the same thing about Tom Brady in 2001....

Boxermm187
11-21-2010, 04:25 PM
TO ALL YOU CASSEL HATERS (and there is a lot) HA HA HA!!!! CHIEFS WIN!

McLovin
11-21-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm sure they said the same thing about Tom Brady in 2001....
WOW are you serious. Other then talking about who was Bradys backup Cassel and Brady shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence. I would love to eat my words but Cassel will never be an average QB in this league. He just doesnt have the QB intelligence he doesnt make reads, he doesnt understand progressions or what is needed on third down. Takes too long to make decisions and takes a lot of sacks because of it. He is very good at managing and he doesnt give up the ball often which is good. The passing game was good today but it wasnt because Cassel did anything spectacular, if anything this is good play calling and good MANAGEMENT by Cassel. We will never win a game if it is placed on Cassels shoulders, but this is a team game so maybe I am asking too much. I just want a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Brett Favre (several years ago), what Carson Palmer could or should be (not what he is), What Jay Cutler was and should be but isnt possibly because of the rest of the offense. I just cant stand mediocre QBs that can only manage the game. I want someone that can go out there and grab the game and win it when the rest of the team has an average or below average day. We have the playmakers we just need that little extra uuumph. And btw I am not one of those that only complain I do love where this year is going and do think Cassel isnt the worst we could do I just feel that QB is the position that can single handedly take over games and I dont think Cassel has the ability to do that.

matthewschiefs
11-21-2010, 04:43 PM
WOW are you serious. Other then talking about who was Bradys backup Cassel and Brady shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence. I would love to eat my words but Cassel will never be an average QB in this league. He just doesnt have the QB intelligence he doesnt make reads, he doesnt understand progressions or what is needed on third down. Takes too long to make decisions and takes a lot of sacks because of it. He is very good at managing and he doesnt give up the ball often which is good. The passing game was good today but it wasnt because Cassel did anything spectacular, if anything this is good play calling and good MANAGEMENT by Cassel. We will never win a game if it is placed on Cassels shoulders, but this is a team game so maybe I am asking too much. I just want a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Brett Favre (several years ago), what Carson Palmer could or should be (not what he is), What Jay Cutler was and should be but isnt possibly because of the rest of the offense. I just cant stand mediocre QBs that can only manage the game. I want someone that can go out there and grab the game and win it when the rest of the team has an average or below average day. We have the playmakers we just need that little extra uuumph. And btw I am not one of those that only complain I do love where this year is going and do think Cassel isnt the worst we could do I just feel that QB is the position that can single handedly take over games and I dont think Cassel has the ability to do that.

Cassel is playing above avarge NOW. Just look at the numbers. Cassel is getting the job done. Just becuse Cassel won't take the game over doesn't mean anything with this team. We ask him to not lose games thats all. And he's doing it.

KristofLaw
11-21-2010, 04:45 PM
I think the point is, week after week folks on here are constantly on Cassel. Not just riding him but more or less saying he has no chance... just no chance. Or even worse...

Well actually yes he does. He's playing in the league while none of us are, what do we know about the insides of Pro Football actually.... very little. Personally I was disappointed in his signing when it happened but I accepted it and hoped our management knew what they were doing.

He's not Sam Bradford whom I hoped we would have gotten but even though he's doing good in St. Lou, he's not quaranteed to be the next great QB... nobody is.

So that comes back to the point. Haters gonna hate no matter what. I think sometimes it has more to do with people just having to be right.

McLovin
11-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Cassel is playing above avarge NOW. Just look at the numbers. Cassel is getting the job done. Just becuse Cassel won't take the game over doesn't mean anything with this team. We ask him to not lose games thats all. And he's doing it.
If we are just asking him not to lose games then I would have to agree that he is doing his job. Problem is that isnt what I want I want him above anyone else on the team to go out and win games. He had great stats today but he still stared down his first receiver on far too many passes and threw to his first choice. Today that worked on and it might work in about half or our games right now, I am just afraid that teams are going to start catching on and just go to where he is looking and his INTs will go through the roof.

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 04:52 PM

I've already had an argument in another thread of why Cassel "could be" as good as Brady. I'm not saying he is, but you've already written him off. If the defense hadn't stepped up for Brady in 2001, what if the Pats would have written him off? Statistically he wasn't anywhere near what Cassel is doing this year. Cassel stepped into a Pats team and went 11-5 and was unfortunate to get not get a playoff bid with that record. He could have won a Super Bowl had they made the playoffs though.

Brady is a "system" quarterback, that's what Weis and Haley are developing Matt into. He's been one of the best quarterbacks in the league this year.

And the part of I bolded in your quote, you don't ask for much do you??? If you want one of those guys go jump on that team's bandwagon.

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 04:53 PM
I think the point is, week after week folks on here are constantly on Cassel. Not just riding him but more or less saying he has no chance... just no chance. Or even worse...

Well actually yes he does. He's playing in the league while none of us are, what do we know about the insides of Pro Football actually.... very little. Personally I was disappointed in his signing when it happened but I accepted it and hoped our management knew what they were doing.

He's not Sam Bradford whom I hoped we would have gotten but even though he's doing good in St. Lou, he's not quaranteed to be the next great QB... nobody is.

So that comes back to the point. Haters gonna hate no matter what. I think sometimes it has more to do with people just having to be right.

At this point right now, he is better than Sam Bradford.

matthewschiefs
11-21-2010, 04:57 PM
If we are just asking him not to lose games then I would have to agree that he is doing his job. Problem is that isnt what I want I want him above anyone else on the team to go out and win games. He had great stats today but he still stared down his first receiver on far too many passes and threw to his first choice. Today that worked on and it might work in about half or our games right now, I am just afraid that teams are going to start catching on and just go to where he is looking and his INTs will go through the roof.

I am pretty sure if he was stareing down recivers like you think NFL coaches would have picked that up by now. I don't see him stareing down people. And I was not on board with Matt Cassel at the start of the season. I was giveing him a shot but was far from sold on him. Hell I even suggest we go with brodie for a week once this year. But Matt Cassel is getting better. I look forward to him being a Chief next season.

matthewschiefs
11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I've already had an argument in another thread of why Cassel "could be" as good as Brady. I'm not saying he is, but you've already written him off. If the defense hadn't stepped up for Brady in 2001, what if the Pats would have written him off? Statistically he wasn't anywhere near what Cassel is doing this year. Cassel stepped into a Pats team and went 11-5 and was unfortunate to get not get a playoff bid with that record. He could have won a Super Bowl had they made the playoffs though.

Brady is a "system" quarterback, that's what Weis and Haley are developing Matt into. He's been one of the best quarterbacks in the league this year.

And the part of I bolded in your quote, you don't ask for much do you??? If you want one of those guys go jump on that team's bandwagon.

Not to mention that in 08 the pats offense did not seem to be bad at all when Cassel was starting with the same team. how quickly we forget that.

chief31
11-21-2010, 05:10 PM
WOW are you serious. Other then talking about who was Bradys backup Cassel and Brady shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Cassel is having almost as good a season as Brady.

Tom Brady (http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156) 64.5% Completions, 2,176 yards, 17 TDs, 4 INTs, 7.2 Average, 98.8 QB Rating.

Matt Cassel (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023662) 59.2% Completions, 1,881 yards, 16 TDs, 4 INTs, 7.0 average, 94.5 QB Rating.

No matter what you think about it, if the results are 6-4, first place in the division, and numbers like those....

...there is really nothing to complain about.

(Those stats are all prior to today's games.)

chief31
11-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Myself, I was against the Cassel trade. I was against the contract extension. I was against pinning our hopes on him for this season. I doubted that he would even survive this season.

I was wrong on all accounts, to this point.

But I am no fool.

I see what is happening, and I like it.

And, if it continues, the rest of you will too.

If not for a couple of terrible mistakes by refs and a couple of key dropped passes, this QB would be already notched in for a home playoff game, and looking for a playoff bye.

No NFL QB gets away with staring down his receivers consistently.

I can't even begin to count how many times we have seen him check-down to alternates, only to have fans complaining about short passes.

McLovin
11-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Cassel is having almost as good a season as Brady.

Tom Brady (http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156) 64.5% Completions, 2,176 yards, 17 TDs, 4 INTs, 7.2 Average, 98.8 QB Rating.

Matt Cassel (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023662) 59.2% Completions, 1,881 yards, 16 TDs, 4 INTs, 7.0 average, 94.5 QB Rating.

No matter what you think about it, if the results are 6-4, first place in the division, and numbers like those....

...there is really nothing to complain about.

(Those stats are all prior to today's games.)

The stat you put that I am most happy about is 6-4 in first place. Overall I am happy I am just far from sold on Cassel. I have never liked a game management QB to me a game management QB is good for the regular season then worthless in the playoffs. I dont want to be a constant playoff team (like the sparklers) that can never get to the big one. I want to be the team that is feared year after year and always talked about as a Super Bowl contender. I like that it seems as if that is the mold this team is being pushed for but I just dont think Cassel is the QB to take them there. But believe me damn do I hope I am wrong.

chief31
11-21-2010, 05:35 PM
The stat you put that I am most happy about is 6-4 in first place. Overall I am happy I am just far from sold on Cassel. I have never liked a game management QB to me a game management QB is good for the regular season then worthless in the playoffs. I dont want to be a constant playoff team (like the sparklers) that can never get to the big one. I want to be the team that is feared year after year and always talked about as a Super Bowl contender. I like that it seems as if that is the mold this team is being pushed for but I just dont think Cassel is the QB to take them there. But believe me damn do I hope I am wrong.

Just give Cassel a chance. He continues to "prove it" each week.

The only reason he has been a "game manager", in my opinion, is because we started the season trying to ease him into the new play-calling, while our running attack was dominating.

He has been getting bigger and bigger roles, and been doing a very good job.

He has put himself in position to where I will like him, until he gives me a reason not to, instead of the reverse.

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Just give Cassel a chance. He continues to "prove it" each week.

The only reason he has been a "game manager", in my opinion, is because we started the season trying to ease him into the new play-calling, while our running attack was dominating.

He has been getting bigger and bigger roles, and been doing a very good job.

He has put himself in position to where I will like him, until he gives me a reason not to, instead of the reverse.

I like this quote!

Canada
11-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Takes too long to make decisions and takes a lot of sacks because of it.He is one of the least sacked QBs in the league. Not to mention he only has 7 picks. But you keep whining and complaining. We sure miss that here.

SIC J
11-21-2010, 06:11 PM

Going into today, he is 9th in the NFL in passer rating with 94.5, was 3 TD passes behind the leagues leader, only 15 sacks, 2nd least amount interceptions, and actually 7th in 1st%.

But yet you still argue he is a below average QB. You do understand that makes NO sense right?

Pro_Angler
11-21-2010, 06:13 PM
for those of you who dont think cassell stares down recievers...you are dead wrong!.

I am very happy to see cassell doing much better, if he cleans up the 3-4 bone head plays a game I'd be very happy with him. There is just something there about him I do not like at all, I am expecting the worst and untill I quit being scared every time he doesnt hand it off, i'll say he's not great. AND WE PAID 63MILL I EXPECT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 06:17 PM
He is one of the least sacked QBs in the league. Not to mention he only has 7 picks. But you keep whining and complaining. We sure miss that here.

4 picks brotha!

Chief Tyler
11-21-2010, 06:19 PM
TO ALL YOU CASSEL HATERS (and there is a lot) HA HA HA!!!! CHIEFS WIN!

I'm so ticked off that my team won and my QB played well today. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

McLovin
for those of you who dont think cassell stares down recievers...you are dead wrong!.

I am very happy to see cassell doing much better, if he cleans up the 3-4 bone head plays a game I'd be very happy with him. There is just something there about him I do not like at all, I am expecting the worst and untill I quit being scared every time he doesnt hand it off, i'll say he's not great. AND WE PAID 63MILL I EXPECT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

THIS.

Ryfo18

The salary argument is the best. What the Chiefs pay Matt Cassel really has no effect on the rest of the team nor should it matter to any of us. Chiefs are still the lowest in the league in terms of what they pay their players. Cassel's salary is no preventing the Chiefs from signing any "impact" players.

chief31
11-21-2010, 06:32 PM

Yeah. Because we all know that all NFL Safeties have agreed to not watch Cassel stare down receivers to make easy INTs.

Of course he stares down his first option, if that guy gets open. Then he throws completions to them.

The same as any good NFL QB.

How many times the complaints that he is throwing it to the underneath guys too much, been aired?

AM I to assume that he is just staring down his second and third passing options? Or, could it be, that he is actually looking at secondary targets when the first guy doean't come open?

The worst part about all of this Cassel hatred is that, eventually, he will actually have a bad game.

I can't imagine all of the crap that will be around when it happens.

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah. Because we all know that all NFL Safeties have agreed to not watch Cassel stare down receivers to make easy INTs.

Of course he stares down his first option, if that guy gets open. Then he throws completions to them.

The same as any good NFL QB.

How many times the complaints that he is throwing it to the underneath guys too much, been aired?

AM I to assume that he is just staring down his second and third passing options? Or, could it be, that he is actually looking at secondary targets when the first guy doean't come open?

The worst part about all of this Cassel hatred is that, eventually, he will actually have a bad game.

I can't imagine all of the crap that will be around when it happens.

If that is to happen, we shall burn him at the stake.

Sick Dog
11-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Too bad Jeff George was not still playing he had a cannon arm and was one of those QBs who did not manage the game that is who I wish the Chiefs could have.:ninerssuck: or a more recent example is JaMarcus Russell is he still available?

matthewschiefs
11-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Too bad Jeff George was not still playing he had a cannon arm and was one of those QBs who did not manage the game that is who I wish the Chiefs could have.:ninerssuck: or a more recent example is JaMarcus Russell is he still available?

maybe we can see if Ryan leaf wants to try a comeback. :lol: :beat_DeadHorse:

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 07:00 PM
maybe we can see if Ryan leaf wants to try a comeback. :lol: :beat_DeadHorse:

Hell let's trade for Jay Cutler or Brett Favre!

nigeriannightmare
11-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Wonder if they are hating on peyton in indy for throwing three picks and costing his team the game.....

Boxermm187
11-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Wonder if they are hating on peyton in indy for throwing three picks and costing his team the game.....
Yeah, I bet they want Thigpen as well.

RusLwt001
11-21-2010, 07:37 PM
I have been a fan for a very long time and have seen the best and the worst of the Chiefs. This is one of those good times that has been totally unexpected but very well appreciated as a fan. When I looked at the schedule early on, I though 8-8 would be a great year. This team is a TEAM and inproving. Remember Larry Johnson? What a piece of selfish woman beatin crap he turned out to be....we are now extremely better as a team. Really, did any of you really think playofffs before the season? Great wish, but now in our sights. Don't be a hater, be a fan.

chief31
11-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I have been a fan for a very long time and have seen the best and the worst of the Chiefs. This is one of those good times that has been totally unexpected but very well appreciated as a fan. When I looked at the schedule early on, I though 8-8 would be a great year. This team is a TEAM and inproving. Remember Larry Johnson? What a piece of selfish woman beatin crap he turned out to be....we are now extremely better as a team. Really, did any of you really think playofffs before the season? Great wish, but now in our sights. Don't be a hater, be a fan.

Many actually did.

I am not one of those 'many'.

captainamerica
11-21-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll be the first one to say that I've been very critical of Cassel this season and the last, but he's starting to grow on me. His footwork has improved tons, he's getting rid of the ball faster, and he's not turning the ball over. I'm beginning to think he can develop into a top flight QB. I'm not fully on the bandwagon yet, but I am looking up ticket prices for the ride.

McLovin
11-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Hell let's trade for Jay Cutler or Brett Favre!

Favre is past his prime but I would gladly accept Jay Cutler in fact I mentioned his name in another thread. I like the fact that Cutler is a gun slinger. Brett Favre in his day was one of the best QBs ever he could come out and snatch a victory out of the jaws of defeat not often did he manage a game to a loss. I feel the way I do because I dont like game managers I am sick of playing it safe. I love that Haley goes for it so often on 4th down I want to go out and win the game not go out and try not to lose it. Am I happy when they go out and dont lose the game ... yes but I would much rather go out and win the game. And btw at least I am consistant ... I would be more then happy to be way wrong on Cassel but I dont think I am. Now for those that want to get to the playoffs every year and never to the Super Bowl looks like right now things are looking up. I want a Super Bowl win and without a dominant D like the Ravens, 85 Bears, and there are a few other examples. I for one am tired of being runner up. We had that a few years ago always to the playoffs never past.

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Favre is past his prime but I would gladly accept Jay Cutler in fact I mentioned his name in another thread. I like the fact that Cutler is a gun slinger. Brett Favre in his day was one of the best QBs ever he could come out and snatch a victory out of the jaws of defeat not often did he manage a game to a loss. I feel the way I do because I dont like game managers I am sick of playing it safe. I love that Haley goes for it so often on 4th down I want to go out and win the game not go out and try not to lose it. Am I happy when they go out and dont lose the game ... yes but I would much rather go out and win the game. And btw at least I am consistant ... I would be more then happy to be way wrong on Cassel but I dont think I am. Now for those that want to get to the playoffs every year and never to the Super Bowl looks like right now things are looking up. I want a Super Bowl win and without a dominant D like the Ravens, 85 Bears, and there are a few other examples. I for one am tired of being runner up. We had that a few years ago always to the playoffs never past.

Cutler? Seriously? I find it hilarious that you'd rather have a QB that will throw a ton of picks and lose at least 3 games a year for you. Cutler has never had a record as a QB better than .500. Cassel has more yards, TDs, and 5 fewer INTs than him. What about this "gunslinger" is so attractive? He doesn't win games for his team.

figcrostic
11-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Cutler? Seriously? I find it hilarious that you'd rather have a QB that will throw a ton of picks and lose at least 3 games a year for you. Cutler has never had a record as a QB better than .500. Cassel has more yards, TDs, and 5 fewer INTs than him. What about this "gunslinger" is so attractive? He doesn't win games for his team.

Agree Cutler sucks, never liked him, Denver made out like a bandit getting rid of that turd and picking up Orton. It's never gonna happen but I would take Vick over Cassel any day.

70 chiefsfan70
11-21-2010, 09:09 PM
How about, We enjoy this great win!

:bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

We won theres no reason to complain about how Cassel played today. NONE. :ninerssuck:

josh1971
11-21-2010, 09:13 PM

THIS.

I was hoping for 6 wins this year, so we've made that. Every win from here on out (and looking at the schedule, I think we have a few coming), is pure bonus.

I say we let Mr. Cassel do his job, because lately he's been doing it pretty good. Sure, you can point to the ROAD losses in Denver and Oak, but as I've said before- now they both have to come here.

jb

brdempsey69
11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Cassel is not going anywhere folks. The solution is keep improving his surrounding cast. I really feel that they have to add some more talent to the O-Line this next off-season as Weigmann is 37 and Waters is 33 and both are at the trail end. Plus, the Chiefs will play a tougher schedule next season against better Defenses, so please don't think that O-Line isn't an area that needs to be addressed.

chief31
11-21-2010, 09:24 PM

So only gunslingers win Super Bowls?

Have you told that to Ben Roethlisberger, or Tom Brady?

Neither was a gunslinger when they won any, of their five, Super Bowls.

How many Super Bowls has Payton Manning, the ultimate 'gunslinger' won?

How about Brett Favre? Dan Marino? Kurt Warner? Drew Brees?

Not one of them has won more Super Bowls than Trent Dilfer, or Brad Johnson.

And all of them have had more seasons to give it a shot.

'Gunslingers' suck.

How are Phillip Rivers and Kyle Orton doing?

Give me a game manager who is capable of scoring when we need it.

Keep the gunslinger.

matthewschiefs
11-21-2010, 09:24 PM

Game managers have won more superbowls then gun slingers. The playoffs are the time when the gun slingers make there mistakes because chances are they will be going against a pretty good D. While Gun slingers are more likely to try to make plays that win the game they are also more likely to make the mistakes that lose you playoff games. It's a risk reward thing. Theres a reason that Brett Farve only has won 1 ring. He's made mistakes in playoff games that cost his teams there playoff games. Theres a reason that Peyton Manning has only won 1. Ds step up in the playoffs and gunslingers don't have a good track record in the playoffs.

McLovin
11-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Absolutely enjoying this win and every other one this year. I also am a bit surprised that the team has done so well to this point. I was hoping for 8-9 wins and think they may far exceed this, also believe they are ahead in the development of where I thought they would be or where they are expected to be.

Canada
11-21-2010, 09:28 PM

Oh well, if there is "something" you dont like then we should get rid of him. Great argument. :postwhore5fw:

THIS.

Great minds think alike...and so do yours. :ninerssuck:

chief31
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Absolutely enjoying this win and every other one this year. I also am a bit surprised that the team has done so well to this point. I was hoping for 8-9 wins and think they may far exceed this, also believe they are ahead in the development of where I thought they would be or where they are expected to be.

I think you are just holding on too tightly to 2009 Cassel, and not seeing 2010 Cassel.

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Love the sig too McLovin...now Cassel isn't even a "decent" quarterback?

Canada
11-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Love the sig too McLovin...now Cassel isn't even a "decent" quarterback?

McLovin is an *****. I know I will get an infraction for this but all he ever does is come on here to complain about bullsh!t.

Canada
11-21-2010, 09:38 PM
it said idiot

McLovin
11-21-2010, 09:38 PM
I think you are just holding on too tightly to 2009 Cassel, and not seeing 2010 Cassel.

I sure hope so, being able to watch the games this year I have seen a lot I didnt like and find myself yelling at Cassel very often for not getting rid of the ball, or a bonehead pass way over the receivers head as well as checkdowns on third and X that are 7 yards shy of the first down. I also don't see him looking for options and staring down and throwing to his first choice for receiver most of the time. These along with not throwing a very good deep ball are I believe my main reasons for not liking Cassel. I only found myself yelling at him one time today. It was a first down attempt that was 2 yards on 3rd and 13. I personally would rather see a 15 yard pass fall incomplete then a 2 yard completition to a covered receiver. At least the 15 yard pass has a chance at a first down if it is caught.

Canada
11-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Hes one of the least sacked QBs but he holds onto the ball too long. Sure

chief31
11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
I sure hope so, being able to watch the games this year I have seen a lot I didnt like and find myself yelling at Cassel very often for not getting rid of the ball, or a bonehead pass way over the receivers head as well as checkdowns on third and X that are 7 yards shy of the first down. I also don't see him looking for options and staring down and throwing to his first choice for receiver most of the time. These along with not throwing a very good deep ball are I believe my main reasons for not liking Cassel. I only found myself yelling at him one time today. It was a first down attempt that was 2 yards on 3rd and 13. I personally would rather see a 15 yard pass fall incomplete then a 2 yard completition to a covered receiver. At least the 15 yard pass has a chance at a first down if it is caught.

That fifteen yard attempt has a good chance of being intercepted too.

That's probably what keeps him from throwing that pass.

chief31
11-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Hes one of the least sacked QBs but he holds onto the ball too long. Sure

Among QBs who have started every game, this season, Cassel ranks 6th in The NFL for fewest times sacked.

NFL Stats: by Player Category (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=1&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED&d-447263-n=1)

Drunker Hillbilly
11-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Among QBs who have started every game, this season, Cassel ranks 6th in The NFL for fewest times sacked.

NFL Stats: by Player Category (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=1&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED&d-447263-n=1)
Don't start breaking out the stats. These haters give it the ole eye test and that's that! If we were to win the dang Superbowl they would say it was in spite of Cassel.:ninerssuck:

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Don't start breaking out the stats. These haters give it the ole eye test and that's that! If we were to win the dang Superbowl they would say it was in spite of Cassel.:ninerssuck:

That, or we didn't win by enough.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-21-2010, 09:54 PM
That, or we didn't win by enough.
Carefull there are law enforcement on here that will send you very scary threatening PM's.:whipping1:

wilqb16
11-22-2010, 01:25 AM
He had great stats today but he still stared down his first receiver on far too many passes and threw to his first choice.

You know, this is BS. I don't know if you ever played the game, but if you watch carefully, you will see tons of checkdowns to other than the primary receiver in this game. The crossing pattern to Turner you can see his first look was Bowe. The curl route to Charles, Charles was his third read after Chambers deep and Bowe on the left. You can see Cassel's head move and see him go through his progressions.

If you want to say this stuff, please come to the table with analysis of plays where Cassel locked onto his primary target (which is really hard to do because of NFL TV camera angles, generally, anyways). This is makes it hard to highlight more than a few plays. However, I did not see any single play today where it seems to me that Cassel was locked onto his first look.

Sounds like you have already made up your mind about Cassel and are just saying this to have a criticism.

wilqb16
11-22-2010, 01:32 AM
The salary argument is the best. What the Chiefs pay Matt Cassel really has no effect on the rest of the team nor should it matter to any of us. Chiefs are still the lowest in the league in terms of what they pay their players. Cassel's salary is no preventing the Chiefs from signing any "impact" players.

This is true. Also - except for incentive clauses - all the Chiefs really pay Cassel for is for his effort. If the results don't come the contract is not guaranteed and he can be cut.

However, I see nothing to show me that he is not giving 110% all the time. Also, his numbers are excellent and the team is in 1st place. The only "bad" number anyone can point to is that (going into this week) his passing conversion percentage on 3rd down was a 22nd ranked 37.8%...just below Tom Brady's 20th ranked 39.2%.

Totally judging him on this number would make no more sense then to say that he was one of the best QB's in the NFL because he ranks like 3rd in INT% at 1.4%.

Overall his numbers are great and the team is in first place.

Ryfo18
11-22-2010, 01:40 AM
This is true. Also - except for incentive clauses - all the Chiefs really pay Cassel for is for his effort. If the results don't come the contract is not guaranteed and he can be cut.

However, I see nothing to show me that he is not giving 110% all the time. Also, his numbers are excellent and the team is in 1st place. The only "bad" number anyone can point to is that (going into this week) his passing conversion percentage on 3rd down was a 22nd ranked 37.8%...just below Tom Brady's 20th ranked 39.2%.

Totally judging him on this number would make no more sense then to say that he was one of the best QB's in the NFL because he ranks like 3rd in INT% at 1.4%.

Overall his numbers are great and the team is in first place.

I can think of at LEAST 4 3rd down drops that have occurred this season that would probably do quite a bit for his 3rd down numbers.

wilqb16
11-22-2010, 02:07 AM
I can think of at LEAST 4 3rd down drops that have occurred this season that would probably do quite a bit for his 3rd down numbers.

Absolutely and a couple of other conversions (including one today) that were brought back by penalty.

Still, those are things that every QB has happen. The Chiefs are actually ranked near the bottom of the NFL this season (26th?) with only like 12 dropped passes (going into today).

However, I think that more of it has to do with the types of 3rd downs we are passing on. We run the ball more than other teams on 3rd and less than 5. Often our 3rd downs are 3rd and more than 10, when we are passing. The result is Cassel's numbers suffer. Of course, the ironic part is that we have been terrible on 3rd and less than 2 the last several weeks. The result is our 26th ranked 3rd down conversion percentage of 34%. Still, this is not as bad as it seems. The 16th ranked Jags only convert 39% of their 3rd downs...not a huge difference.

On the flipside, we lead the NFL in 4th down attempts at 17 and convert a respectable 47% of those (15th). Funny, no one talks about giving Cassel credit for that.

matthewschiefs
11-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Absolutely and a couple of other conversions (including one today) that were brought back by penalty.

Still, those are things that every QB has happen. The Chiefs are actually ranked near the bottom of the NFL this season (26th?) with only like 12 dropped passes (going into today).

However, I think that more of it has to do with the types of 3rd downs we are passing on. We run the ball more than other teams on 3rd and less than 5. Often our 3rd downs are 3rd and more than 10, when we are passing. The result is Cassel's numbers suffer. Of course, the ironic part is that we have been terrible on 3rd and less than 2 the last several weeks. The result is our 26th ranked 3rd down conversion percentage of 34%. Still, this is not as bad as it seems. The 16th ranked Jags only convert 39% of their 3rd downs...not a huge difference.

On the flipside, we lead the NFL in 4th down attempts at 17 and convert a respectable 47% of those (15th). Funny, no one talks about giving Cassel credit for that.

That seems to be how it goes. Cassel makes a mistake(witch he does but what NFL qb doesn't) and people are all over him for it. Or a pass is dropped even and it's oh cassel threw a bad pass. Even on some td passes it's Cassle's throw could have been better. But no credit is given for the TD. Some have just already made up there mind on Cassle and no one is going to change it.

matthewschiefs
11-22-2010, 09:55 AM
You know, this is BS. I don't know if you ever played the game, but if you watch carefully, you will see tons of checkdowns to other than the primary receiver in this game. The crossing pattern to Turner you can see his first look was Bowe. The curl route to Charles, Charles was his third read after Chambers deep and Bowe on the left. You can see Cassel's head move and see him go through his progressions.

If you want to say this stuff, please come to the table with analysis of plays where Cassel locked onto his primary target (which is really hard to do because of NFL TV camera angles, generally, anyways). This is makes it hard to highlight more than a few plays. However, I did not see any single play today where it seems to me that Cassel was locked onto his first look.

Sounds like you have already made up your mind about Cassel and are just saying this to have a criticism.

I think that the Tv angles might have something to do with why there are so many that say he stares down his recivers. Plays happen so fast that it's hard to tell what's going on the field unless you slow it down and go back and watch it.

Pro_Angler
11-22-2010, 11:12 AM
I think that a lot of people are like myself that want to see 250yds passing with 3td's and no int's avery game, that would shut us up... but thats not chiefs ball.
I will give hime some credit ..lately he has made more good plays then bone head ones, even with dmc out and chambers being a tool.

Chief Tyler
11-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I think that a lot of people are like myself that want to see 250yds passing with 3td's and no int's avery game, that would shut us up... but thats not chiefs ball.
I will give hime some credit ..lately he has made more good plays then bone head ones, even with dmc out and chambers being a tool.

He played well yesterday, I don't have much to complain about. If the Chiefs could maintain a 200/160 passing/rushing balance every game I'd be a happy camper. Still, I'm a doubter until I see results I guess. I'll get behind him fully when we're a playoff/Superbowl contender. Right now we've only beaten the teams we're supposed to beat and we can't do it on the road. Also, when it comes to playoff time and almost every team left is playing at the top of their game, the team with the best QB wins more often than not. I just can't see our Cassel led team taking down Manning, Rivers, Brees, Rogers, Roethlisberger, or Brady when everything is on the line.

I hope he proves me wrong though.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
He played well yesterday, I don't have much to complain about. If the Chiefs could maintain a 200/160 passing/rushing balance every game I'd be a happy camper. Still, I'm a doubter until I see results I guess. I'll get behind him fully when we're a playoff/Superbowl contender. Right now we've only beaten the teams we're supposed to beat and we can't do it on the road. Also, when it comes to playoff time and almost every team left is playing at the top of their game, the team with the best QB wins more often than not. I just can't see our Cassel led team taking down Manning, Rivers, Brees, Rogers, Roethlisberger, or Brady when everything is on the line.

I hope he proves me wrong though.
LMAO!!! Every team can't have one of the top QB's in the league! Guy just can't get a break, even from his team's own fans. Ridiculous!

Chief Tyler
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
LMAO!!! Every team can't have one of the top QB's in the league! Guy just can't get a break, even from his team's own fans. Ridiculous!

Lay off the liquor you moron. I just blatantly stated that I was satisfied with Cassel this week. 14 of the last 18 Super Bowl winning teams (only go back to 1992 because I don't know who the winners were before that, too young) had elite quarterbacks. I'm fully aware that the reason there are so few elite teams are because there are so few elite quarterbacks.

I'll let you convince me that we can have a consistent, elite, Super Bowl caliber franchise without a consistent, elite, Super Bowl caliber quarterback.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Lay off the liquor you moron. I just blatantly stated that I was satisfied with Cassel this week. 14 of the last 18 Super Bowl winning teams (only go back to 1992 because I don't know who the winners were before that, too young) had elite quarterbacks. I'm fully aware that the reason there are so few elite teams are because there are so few elite quarterbacks.

I'll let you convince me that we can have a consistent, elite, Super Bowl caliber franchise without a consistent, elite, Super Bowl caliber quarterback.
Quit whining!!!! GEEZ! I'm just curious as to what the guy has to do to get some respect? You "blatent" statement about being satisfied was backhanded. If your convinced that teams with out a elite QB can't win, why even watch?

Ryfo18
11-22-2010, 02:40 PM

I know I get hated on for this, but I wouldn't call Brady "elite" when he won Super Bowls. He was good, but look at the defenses he had each of the years they won. All top 5 in terms of scoring defense.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-22-2010, 02:41 PM
I know I get hated on for this, but I wouldn't call Brady "elite" when he won Super Bowls. He was good, but look at the defenses he had each of the years they won. All top 5 in terms of scoring defense.
Doesn't matter, they probably think he sucks too!:ninerssuck:

Ryfo18
11-22-2010, 02:58 PM
It had me curious looking at the Patriots scoring defense (points given up per game by a defense) when they won Super Bowls, that I had to look at some other Super Bowl winners. With exception of 2 teams in the last 10 years, every Super Bowl champion has been in the top 6 of scoring defenses.

2009 - Saints (13th)
2008 - Steelers (1st)
2007 - Giants (5th)
2006 - Colts (20th)
2005 - Steelers (3rd)
2004 - Patriots (3rd)
2003 - Patriots (1st)
2002 - Bucs (1st) (this is in the middle of the Pats run, but this year they were 16th in scoring defense)
2001 - Pats (6th)
2000 - Ravens (1st)

The Chiefs are currently 10th in scoring defense, even after giving up 49 to the Broncos. The Chiefs are going to give themselves deep runs into the playoffs and shots at super bowls as long as they continue to improve on defense. Cassel is a great fit for what we currently have going.

Sick Dog
11-22-2010, 02:58 PM
This thread has become ridiculously lame fast....I'm out! :ninerssuck:

Canada
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM

And how many of those QBs were considered "elite" before they won those Super Bowls?

Chief Tyler
11-22-2010, 04:24 PM
And how many of those QBs were considered "elite" before they won those Super Bowls?

Fair point, I'd count 11 or 12 of them. Many of them are repeat winners too. Which brings me back to what I said earlier.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Canada
11-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Fair point, I'd count 11 or 12 of them. Many of them are repeat winners too. Which brings me back to what I said earlier.

I hope he proves me wrong.Im not saying he is an elite QB either, but I hope he has the potential to become one (or be one of the 4 of 18 non elite QBs to win!!) :D

ctchiefsfan
11-22-2010, 04:41 PM
I haven't been a Cassel fan. And I'm not.....YET.

But I've got to say, his numbers say he's doing a GREAT job.

Our record says he is doing a very good job.

I think the real problem is we all want him to have that "magic".....Y'know....Montana, Elway, Staubach......

And IMO Cassel hasn't shown that yet.

But there is no doubt in my mind that Cassel has earned the right to be the Chiefs QB this year and the right to "prove himself or hang himself".

Though I have to say he seems to be getting closer to proving himself than to hanging himself.

Canada
11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I think you all need to stop being mean to Cassel. Thats my quarterback!!

YouTube - Terrell Owens crying!!

ctchiefsfan
11-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I think you all need to stop being mean to Cassel. Thats my quarterback!!

YouTube - Terrell Owens crying!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNO6On7cK1M)

Who is being mean? He is doing "good". I just want him to start doing GREAT!!!!!!

Seek
11-22-2010, 05:35 PM
for those who still are not on board. You never will be, but you do look like a bunch of ungrateful cry babies trying to argue against him. Week after week he proves you all different until you make another excuse.

I will like to point out that I know with Cassel out there. he won't lose a game for us. He has won games for us. Even the great crack under pressure and throw interceptions losing the games. IE Peyton Manning last night.

I noticed a lot the last couple games that Cassel is reminding me more and more of Trent Green. Many people hate TrINT Green his first year. Cassel is silencing everyone one by one, as he develops.

I love it. Keep it up Matt. Shut them all up.

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 05:46 PM
for those who still are not on board. You never will be, but you do look like a bunch of ungrateful cry babies trying to argue against him. Week after week he proves you all different until you make another excuse.

I will like to point out that I know with Cassel out there. he won't lose a game for us. He has won games for us. Even the great crack under pressure and throw interceptions losing the games. IE Peyton Manning last night.

I noticed a lot the last couple games that Cassel is reminding me more and more of Trent Green. Many people hate TrINT Green his first year. Cassel is silencing everyone one by one, as he develops.

I love it. Keep it up Matt. Shut them all up.

I agree, he reminds me of Trent Green also, except I think he shows his emotions more than Green did. If memory is correct, I think fans bashed Green more than one season. I can remember defending him to my own family when we'd watch games & they'd bash him. Fans even bashed his name due to the interception record he had. Well, 2003 thru 2005 Trent Greens positive passing stats remained in the top three, of which not even Manning was listed in during those years. Still, Manning was the media's golden boy, Greens accomplishments ignored unjustifiably.

Green has been said to be one of the NFL's most under-rated QB's. I have a feeling the same is true of Matt Cassel...it's seems to be a Chiefs QB curse to be bashed & ignored for your accomplishments, even among Chiefs fans at times.

ctchiefsfan
11-22-2010, 06:07 PM
I agree, he reminds me of Trent Green also, except I think he shows his emotions more than Green did. If memory is correct, I think fans bashed Green more than one season. I can remember defending him to my own family when we'd watch games & they'd bash him. Fans even bashed his name due to the interception record he had. Well, 2003 thru 2005 Trent Greens positive passing stats remained in the top three, of which not even Manning was listed in during those years. Still, Manning was the media's golden boy, Greens accomplishments ignored unjustifiably.

Green has been said to be one of the NFL's most under-rated QB's. I have a feeling the same is true of Matt Cassel...it's seems to be a Chiefs QB curse to be bashed & ignored for your accomplishments, even among Chiefs fans at times.

I hate to say it but football is a game of results. And there is only one result that counts. Superbowl.

Been a LONG time since we went to the big one and whupped up on Minnesota.

Stats don't matter. W/L record don't matter.

In the end, all that matters is "did you get your team to the Superbowl and did you win it?"

Until then no quarterback is ever "great".

Not fair perhaps, but its reality.

Cassel is not likely to win us the Superbowl this year.

And no matter what his stats or record, he'll never be considered a "great" quarterback until he bring us to the SB.

And if he brings us there and we lose, you'll hear from many that "I knew he never had it in him"

Nature of the game.

We're having fun this year after a long dry spell.

Cassel is learning his team and his job and doing very well.

But if he turns us into the Shottenheimer team we were ages ago....always in the playoffs....never in the Superbowl....then Cassel will always be remembered like Green....average at best.

But meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing the Chiefs win the AFC West this year!

GO CHIEFS!!!:chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs:

wilqb16
11-22-2010, 06:18 PM
then Cassel will always be remembered like Green....average at best.

I don't think anyone remembers Green as "average at best".

Also, going by your critera, then Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon are average at best, too.

Most people recognize that football is the ultimate team sport. One guy - even the QB - can't win a game all by himself. Need to be a great team on some level.

Pro_Angler
11-22-2010, 06:56 PM
I would concider marino elite even though no superbowl..

Canada
11-22-2010, 06:56 PM

WOW are you serious. Other then talking about who was Bradys backup Cassel and Brady shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence. I would love to eat my words but Cassel will never be an average QB in this league. He just doesnt have the QB intelligence he doesnt make reads, he doesnt understand progressions or what is needed on third down. Takes too long to make decisions and takes a lot of sacks because of it. He is very good at managing and he doesnt give up the ball often which is good. The passing game was good today but it wasnt because Cassel did anything spectacular, if anything this is good play calling and good MANAGEMENT by Cassel. We will never win a game if it is placed on Cassels shoulders

I am very happy to see cassell doing much better, if he cleans up the 3-4 bone head plays a game I'd be very happy with him. There is just something there about him I do not like at all

I haven't been a Cassel fan. And I'm not.....YET.

Who is being mean? He is doing "good". I just want him to start doing GREAT!!!!!!

Although I did just post the TO thing as a joke, there is no shortage of Cassel haters around here.

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I hate to say it but football is a game of results. And there is only one result that counts. Superbowl.

In the end, all that matters is "did you get your team to the Superbowl and did you win it?"

Cassel is not likely to win us the Superbowl this year.

And no matter what his stats or record, he'll never be considered a "great" quarterback until he bring us to the SB.

And if he brings us there and we lose, you'll hear from many that "I knew he never had it in him"

Nature of the game.

We're having fun this year after a long dry spell.

Cassel is learning his team and his job and doing very well.

But if he turns us into the Shottenheimer team we were ages ago....always in the playoffs....never in the Superbowl....then Cassel will always be remembered like Green....average at best.

But meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing the Chiefs win the AFC West this year!

GO CHIEFS!!!:chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs:

Well, not to be argumentative, but factual, hahaha...Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, didn't win a SB, and are considered great QBs. All legendary NFL QB HOF'ers. I have to disagree that to be considered great, legendary...a QB, or any player for that matter...has to win or participate in a SB. Legends and HOF inductee's vouch for that. :)

Possibly it's more factual to say, that Matt Cassel won't be considered a great QB by Chiefs fans until he leads us Chiefs fans to a SB & victory.

:lol:

chief31
11-22-2010, 08:01 PM
He played well yesterday, I don't have much to complain about. If the Chiefs could maintain a 200/160 passing/rushing balance every game I'd be a happy camper. Still, I'm a doubter until I see results I guess. I'll get behind him fully when we're a playoff/Superbowl contender. Right now we've only beaten the teams we're supposed to beat and we can't do it on the road.

We were 10-38 entering this season.

I don't think that we were "supposed to beat" anyone.

That's not reality. It's nonsense.

Barry Sanders was the greatest runner of all time, despite not having even appeared in a Super Bowl.

The Ricky-Bobby notion that "if you're not first, you're last" was a joke.

Why be a Chiefs fan if The Super Bowl is the only thing that matters?

By your own standards, this team doesn't matter.

As for the "elite QBs" remark....

'09 Saints 4th
'08 Steelers 17th
'07 Giants 25th
'06 Colts 2nd
'05 Steelers 25th
'04 Patriots 11th
'03 Patriots 9th
'02 Bucs 15th
'01 Patriots 22nd
'00 Ravens 22nd
'99 Rams 1st
'98 Broncos 7th
'97 Broncos 9th
'96 Packers 5th
'95 Cowboys 13th
'94 49ers 4th
'93 Cowboys 12th
'92 Cowboys 5th

There are your 18 Super Bowl winners, and the Passing offense ranking for each, in the year that they won (Regular season)

If top-five would be considered 'elite', then that gives us 6 elite QBs. one third of 18.)

If top ten would be 'elite', then you have 9 elite QBs. (nine would be half of 18.)

Go more recent, say the last decade, and only three passing games ranked in the top ten.

But I am sure that total passing yards would not be the appropriate stat to define an elite QB for you.

It seems that winning Super Bowls is what makes an elite QB? And you seem to be suggesting that we can't win a Super Bowl because we don't have a QB who has won a Super Bowl?

Ya know, at some point in each of those Super Bowl winning QBs careers, they were not considered elite QBs.

They turned into elite QBs.

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't think anyone remembers Green as "average at best".

Also, going by your critera, then Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon are average at best, too.

Most people recognize that football is the ultimate team sport. One guy - even the QB - can't win a game all by himself. Need to be a great team on some level.

I would concider marino elite even though no superbowl..

I hadn't read this far when I replied to ctchiefsfan above, haha. It appears we think alike, as some of these came to mind for me as well as others. :)

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 08:24 PM
We were 10-38 entering this season.

I don't think that we were "supposed to beat" anyone.

That's not reality. It's nonsense.

Barry Sanders was the greatest runner of all time, despite not having even appeared in a Super Bowl.

The Ricky-Bobby notion that "if you're not first, you're last" was a joke.

Why be a Chiefs fan if The Super Bowl is the only thing that matters?

By your own standards, this team doesn't matter.

As for the "elite QBs" remark....

'09 Saints 4th
'08 Steelers 17th
'07 Giants 25th
'06 Colts 2nd
'05 Steelers 25th
'04 Patriots 11th
'03 Patriots 9th
'02 Bucs 15th
'01 Patriots 22nd
'00 Ravens 22nd
'99 Rams 1st
'98 Broncos 7th
'97 Broncos 9th
'96 Packers 5th
'95 Cowboys 13th
'94 49ers 4th
'93 Cowboys 12th
'92 Cowboys 5th

There are your 18 Super Bowl winners, and the Passing offense ranking for each, in the year that they won (Regular season)

If top-five would be considered 'elite', then that gives us 6 elite QBs. one third of 18.)

If top ten would be 'elite', then you have 9 elite QBs. (nine would be half of 18.)

Go more recent, say the last decade, and only three passing games ranked in the top ten.

But I am sure that total passing yards would not be the appropriate stat to define an elite QB for you.

It seems that winning Super Bowls is what makes an elite QB? And you seem to be suggesting that we can't win a Super Bowl because we don't have a QB who has won a Super Bowl?

Ya know, at some point in each of those Super Bowl winning QBs careers, they were not considered elite QBs.

They turned into elite QBs.

REP!!!

Seek
11-23-2010, 08:58 AM
I hate to say it but football is a game of results. And there is only one result that counts. Superbowl.GO CHIEFS!!!:chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs:

I hate to say it, but you are very wrong here. That may be your opinion, but if your opinion was a majority, The Chiefs most likely would not even be in KC, as the team would have had to move for lack of attendance and support. There is more to the Chiefs than winning the superbowl.

It has been so long since they won the big one, I was not even born, yet I still love this team.

Please find another excuse to hate on a QB who is winning games...

SIC J
11-23-2010, 03:10 PM
I hate to say it, but you are very wrong here. That may be your opinion, but if your opinion was a majority, The Chiefs most likely would not even be in KC, as the team would have had to move for lack of attendance and support. There is more to the Chiefs than winning the superbowl.

It has been so long since they won the big one, I was not even born, yet I still love this team.

Please find another excuse to hate on a QB who is winning games...

Football is a game of ENTERTAINMENT. Although winning the Super Bowl is the ultimate goal, that is not the only reason we all love it!!!

pbatrucker
11-24-2010, 06:34 AM
NFL QUARTERBACKS SINCE OCTOBER 17

Player
Team

G

Att

Cmp

%

Yds

Y/A

TD

INT

Rating
Joe Flacco
BAL

Matt Cassel
KC

Philip Rivers
SD

Roethlisberger
PIT

Aaron Rodgers
GB

Matt Ryan
ATL

Josh Freeman
TB

Matt Schaub
HOU

Tom Brady
NE

Eli Manning
NYG

Qualification: only passers who threw 100+ passes in the last six weeks were rated.

Chiefster
11-24-2010, 11:37 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

Why wait? After all we got Croyle waiting in the wings!

hersheybar1957
11-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Cassel showed up today
Bowe showed up today
I Don't want ANY hate for either of them this week they got the job done.

Next week with Dexter and our TE sorry can't spell it. We are just realizing that we might have a passing attack.