PDA

View Full Version : Another flawless game by the Bowe Show

figcrostic
11-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Everyone has been giving Cassel his dues for playing well, and I agree he has been doing what he's told and it's paying off. Lets not forget about our number 1 WR D-Bowe who is on pace to have almost 1200 yards and 18 td's by the end of the season.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/70.jpg

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Yep, bowe showed up to play this game and has the past few weeks. He's a beast after the catch too.

chief31
11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Agreed.

Bowe has become the monster that most of us knew was hiding inside.

I think people are focused on sticking up for Cassel, because so many others are staying on the attack against Cassel, while very little is being said against Bowe, of late.

I couldn't be happier that D-Bowe is trying to make me forget about whatever it was that had me so 'on his case' a few weeks ago.

What was that, anyway? :D

brdempsey69
11-21-2010, 05:27 PM
11 TD's for Bowe this year. And hopefully more to come.

Ryfo18
11-21-2010, 05:31 PM
11 TD's for Bowe this year. And hopefully more to come.

Leads the league, unless Nicks catches 2 today.

hometeam
11-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Your gonna be calling him Pro 'Bowe'l after today.

SIC J
11-21-2010, 06:13 PM
He's really stepped up the last couple games and has proved me wrong that he CAN be a #1 WR.

Pro_Angler
11-21-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm just glad to see him start being more consistent. And with chambers playing like a idiot, moeaki being out, that makes the last few games more impressive.

chief31
11-21-2010, 06:16 PM
He's really stepped up the last couple games and has proved me wrong that he CAN be a #1 WR.

Yeah. I had kinda forgotten about those comments. There were a whole lot of them a few weeks ago.

They were starting to sell me too.

He sure looks like a #1 WR now though. :D

McLovin
11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah. I had kinda forgotten about those comments. There were a whole lot of them a few weeks ago.

They were starting to sell me too.

He sure looks like a #1 WR now though. :D

I was kinda doubting Bowe the first few games with all the drops in key situations but I do now believe that he is a #1 receiver and am very happy with the way he is playing for now. From what I have seen really happy he is still with the team and after wondering if it was the right thing to do have to give Haley at least some credit for taking Bowe with flashes and potential to a number 1 receiver just hope it holds up and for the record I think it will.

chief31
11-21-2010, 06:36 PM
I was kinda doubting Bowe the first few games with all the drops in key situations but I do now believe that he is a #1 receiver and am very happy with the way he is playing for now. From what I have seen really happy he is still with the team and after wondering if it was the right thing to do have to give Haley at least some credit for taking Bowe with flashes and potential to a number 1 receiver just hope it holds up and for the record I think it will.

Yep. I was pretty upset with how Haley managed Bowe last season.

But it sure looks like it is working out for them both.

matthewschiefs
11-21-2010, 06:45 PM
If Bowe plays like he has been the rest of the year then I will rethink the he's not a number 1 something I really hope he does.

He played outstanding again today, I just want to see him do it all year long.

slc chief
11-21-2010, 07:33 PM
the guy is balling it up

70 chiefsfan70
11-21-2010, 09:21 PM
I always thought it would take good competition to make Bowe look this good.

He was awsome today!

Canada
11-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Im glad he is playing well, I would really like to see him step up his game on the more crucial plays though. that said, Way to go Bowe!!

Big Daddy Tek
11-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Yep. I was pretty upset with how Haley managed Bowe last season.

But it sure looks like it is working out for them both.

He treated DJ even worse and look how good he is now. Haley knows what hes doin.

Three7s
11-22-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm eating crow this week, Bowe was the man.

Chiefster
11-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Man, I wished I could have seen the game. I don't care how Bowe makes the catch as long as he catches the ball. :D

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Everyone has been giving Cassel his dues for playing well, and I agree he has been doing what he's told and it's paying off. Lets not forget about our number 1 WR D-Bowe who is on pace to have almost 1200 yards and 18 td's by the end of the season.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/72.jpg

OMGawd!! That is AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing the image!! YEEHAW!! You already know I've been a Bowe fan & supporter since we drafted him in 2007. I truly hope my belief & faith in him, defending him over the last few years...is finally being rewarded! The Bowe love I'm seeing across the internet is such a turn around from a few weeks ago. Thank Gawd I've not had to defend him recently, because it was wearing my brain and typing fingers out.

:lol:

wilqb16
11-22-2010, 02:23 AM
I'm just glad to see him start being more consistent. And with chambers playing like a idiot, moeaki being out, that makes the last few games more impressive.

Kinda of wonder what is up with Chambers. You can see he is in great shape, yet Turner took most of the reps today. It seems to me like he has lost a couple of steps and just can't any seperation. A shame if that is the case.

Props to Bowe for stepping up when we really needed him. We got it done in the passing game without 2 of our 3 best receivers IMO (Moeaki and McCluster)

Pro_Angler
11-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I still think we need to draft a high WR or get a good one in FA.

Ryfo18
11-22-2010, 11:07 AM

I'd prefer to get a sober WR, that way he passes his drug tests :lol:

Drunker Hillbilly
11-22-2010, 11:41 AM
He is playing well at this point no doubt.

70 chiefsfan70
11-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I'd prefer to get a sober WR, that way he passes his drug tests :lol:
Sober would be good!

Canada
11-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Sober would be good!

It's overrated!! :bananen_smilies046:

ctchiefsfan
11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
It's overrated!! :bananen_smilies046:

YUP! At least for me! Though I suppose its a good thing in pro football!

Seek
11-22-2010, 05:31 PM
since the drops against Indy, Bowe has been oustanding. I have to give Haley credit for some of this though, as he is the one helped open Bowe's eyes. I also think Cassell and Bowe worked together a bunch since the Indy game. You can see a little more joy in Cassel's face when Bowe scores. I think they are building a great relationship and I love seeing what these two have done together the last couple weeks.

ctchiefsfan
11-22-2010, 05:44 PM
since the drops against Indy, Bowe has been oustanding. I have to give Haley credit for some of this though, as he is the one helped open Bowe's eyes. I also think Cassell and Bowe worked together a bunch since the Indy game. You can see a little more joy in Cassel's face when Bowe scores. I think they are building a great relationship and I love seeing what these two have done together the last couple weeks.

To see them develop a Montana to Rice or Dawson to Taylor type relationship along with a consistently healthy Charles would set us on a path of dominating the AFC West for close to a decade.

I hope it happens.

GO CHIEFS!!!!! :chiefs:

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 05:54 PM

I agree! Cassel & Bowes bond is obvious, and their relationship both on & off the field has evolved positively in many ways, of which only benefits them and us fans. As far as giving credit, I have to add that Bowe is also very spiritual, and I believe his spirituality, faith in God helps him too, as well as Haley. :D

ctchiefsfan
11-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Nothing wrong with faith....though I would prefer faith, fewer drops and more catches!

wilqb16
11-22-2010, 06:25 PM

I agree. Or we need DMC or Verran Turner to show they can be the guys opposite Bowe.

I'd love to see us make a run at Larry Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald is under contract with AZ in 2011 but I could see them wanting to trade him, if they think he can't be resigned.

However, I could see the price being steep. Probably at least a #1. If we could do it for a #1 and then another conditional pick the following year I'd be up for it. Bowe, Fitzgerald and Moeaki (with DMC in the mix) would be unstoppable.

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Your gonna be calling him Pro 'Bowe'l after today.

Oh, I hope so!!!!

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm soooooo loving reading all the Bowe love for a change!! YEEHAW!! It's such a relief not having to defend him...FINALLY! Thank you Dwayne!! hahaha

figcrostic
11-22-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm soooooo loving reading all the Bowe love for a change!! YEEHAW!! It's such a relief not having to defend him...FINALLY! Thank you Dwayne!! hahaha

I know it was getting ridiculous.

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I know it was getting ridiculous.

I agree, it was, and very frustrating that many couldn't see the positive Bowe was contributing to a game, only a negative drop or miss.

Still, to be fair...my personality is one of deep & passionate loyalty...once I'm loyal that is, haha. I don't become loyal without justification, loyalty has to be earned/deserved, just like respect. Once I'm loyal, I can be a relentless defender of what I'm loyal to, including my belief in others, such as Bowe, hahaha. It's the partial Leo in me I think, or maybe it's the natural motherly female instinct to protect that which we care about. I just know I'm very loyal once loyal, it takes alot for me to lose loyalty once held.

I don't wear rosey Chiefs red glasses when it comes to loyalty...I see the negative and understand frustrations, but I try to look beyond the negative for positive. If the positive outweighs the negative, especially significantly, that is what I focus on and become a defender of.

Bowe will never be perfect, no NFL player will be, it's unrealistic to expect such. All we can hope for in a player is for him to do his best, and be of more benefit to the team than not. Bowe has proven to me from his first year he is of positive benefit to the Chiefs, and becomes moreso each season, as expected.
:bananen_smilies046:

Seek
11-23-2010, 08:42 AM
I agree, it was, and very frustrating that many couldn't see the positive Bowe was contributing to a game, only a negative drop or miss.

Still, to be fair...my personality is one of deep & passionate loyalty...once I'm loyal that is, haha. I don't become loyal without justification, loyalty has to be earned/deserved, just like respect. Once I'm loyal, I can be a relentless defender of what I'm loyal to, including my belief in others, such as Bowe, hahaha. It's the partial Leo in me I think, or maybe it's the natural motherly female instinct to protect that which we care about. I just know I'm very loyal once loyal, it takes alot for me to lose loyalty once held.

I don't wear rosey Chiefs red glasses when it comes to loyalty...I see the negative and understand frustrations, but I try to look beyond the negative for positive. If the positive outweighs the negative, especially significantly, that is what I focus on and become a defender of.

Bowe will never be perfect, no NFL player will be, it's unrealistic to expect such. All we can hope for in a player is for him to do his best, and be of more benefit to the team than not. Bowe has proven to me from his first year he is of positive benefit to the Chiefs, and becomes moreso each season, as expected.
:bananen_smilies046:

Connie, Bowe was not living up to his first round draft status. At best he was playing as a #2 receiver. We all knew he had potential to be better, even Bowe. Unfortunately he was so gifted that he didn't have to put in the work to become a great receiver. Haley helped him get that on track and now, finally, he is showing us that potential.

The negative talk was earned. Just as it was for DJ, and Dorsey. Almost all of the first round draft picks, except Jackson where not living up to their potential and all of them except Jackson worked hard this off season and all of them except Jackson are earning the positive comments.

the TD against Houston where Bowe acted like the ball was stuck to his hands showed me that he realized he had something to work on. In the past, I really think he just ignored it as a fluke mistake.

Chief4Ever&Ever
11-23-2010, 03:26 PM
I have been the first to criticize Bowe! He has proven everybody wrong, he continues to impress us all and is now the leagues leader in TD's this season! Has more than doubled his TD's from last year and has turned into a top 5 WR!

Connie Jo
11-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Connie, Bowe was not living up to his first round draft status. At best he was playing as a #2 receiver. We all knew he had potential to be better, even Bowe. Unfortunately he was so gifted that he didn't have to put in the work to become a great receiver. Haley helped him get that on track and now, finally, he is showing us that potential.

The negative talk was earned. Just as it was for DJ, and Dorsey. Almost all of the first round draft picks, except Jackson where not living up to their potential and all of them except Jackson worked hard this off season and all of them except Jackson are earning the positive comments.

the TD against Houston where Bowe acted like the ball was stuck to his hands showed me that he realized he had something to work on. In the past, I really think he just ignored it as a fluke mistake.

Well, that's one area I differ in from many other fans...I don't have pro bowl, or any level of super high expectations for that matter, of first round draft choices in their rookie year, nor for a couple years at least. Regardless of their college career stats, the NFL is not the NCAA...different ballgame in many aspects. There is so much to learn, adjust to, comprehend differently than when in college. Even the many overwhelming lifestyle changes from college to pro take time to adjust to. Most young players need time to adjust and evolve once in the NFL...athletically, personally, emotionally. I do expect effort to do their best of course. I understand the criticisms of Bowe, but I don't understand criticising when deserved yet not praising when earned, that's what I took issue with especially in 2009.

My expectations of them are to evolve and be Pro Bowl bound based upon general NFL stats & circumstances...such as stats show it takes 4-5 pro seasons for a QB to reach Pro Bowl level...if they have anticipated Pro Bowl talent & skill that is. Yes, there are those exceptions, but I don't expect an exception, that way I'm not disappointed, hahaha. :D

Connie Jo
11-23-2010, 10:45 PM
You know, our society honestly has become one lacking patience in many aspects. Related to the Chiefs & Bowe...he was drafted in 2007, very bad timing to be a rookie Chief under the microscope of very frustrated and impatient fans, who only grew more frustrated & impatient in 2008-2009. Each season that was a losing season for the Chiefs, understandably fan patience grew more thin & frustration increased.

I'm not excusing Bowe, I know he needed to do better, not drop so many balls...I was frustrated with him too. I simply didn't lose hope or faith in him is all, realizing he was still young, and also had many negative factors to deal with in 2009 affecting his game that were out of his control. IE: New GM & coaches, new QB, new game plan...which was thrown out with the firing of the OC in 2009...then of course his suspension occurred. There's more, but the point is I examine all aspects negatively & positively of a player and team...reach a conclusion based upon considering all factors & circumstances. It's just the way my mind works, hahahaha. :)

PS: Whether it should matter or not...the Chiefs organization was in major transition, including transfer of power, being turned inside out in many aspects following the death of Lamar (RIP)...2007-2009 were truly major transitional years for the Chiefs, including a New Arrowhead. Things are settling down now, all falling into place. :)

Ryfo18
11-23-2010, 10:55 PM
You know, our society honestly has become one lacking patience in many aspects. Related to the Chiefs & Bowe...he was drafted in 2007, very bad timing to be a rookie Chief under the microscope of very frustrated and impatient fans, who only grew more frustrated & impatient in 2008-2009. Each season that was a losing season for the Chiefs, understandably fan patience grew more thin & frustration increased.

I'm not excusing Bowe, I know he needed to do better, not drop so many balls...I was frustrated with him too. I simply didn't lose hope or faith in him is all, realizing he was still young, and also had many negative factors to deal with in 2009 affecting his game that were out of his control. IE: New GM & coaches, new QB, new game plan...which was thrown out with the firing of the OC in 2009...then of course his suspension occurred. There's more, but the point is I examine all aspects negatively & positively of a player and team...reach a conclusion based upon considering all factors & circumstances. It's just the way my mind works, hahahaha. :)

PS: Whether it should matter or not...the Chiefs organization was in major transition, including transfer of power, being turned inside out in many aspects following the death of Lamar (RIP)...2007-2009 were truly major transitional years for the Chiefs, including a New Arrowhead. Things are settling down now, all falling into place. :)

I totally agree Connie. Go take a look at Roddy White's stats his first few years in the league. A lot of players just take some time to find their feet and get a handle on what's expected of them.

Roddy White NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitRo00.htm)

Seek
11-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Well, that's one area I differ in from many other fans...I don't have pro bowl, or any level of super high expectations for that matter, of first round draft choices in their rookie year, nor for a couple years at least. Regardless of their college career stats, the NFL is not the NCAA...different ballgame in many aspects. There is so much to learn, adjust to, comprehend differently than when in college. Even the many overwhelming lifestyle changes from college to pro take time to adjust to. Most young players need time to adjust and evolve once in the NFL...athletically, personally, emotionally. I do expect effort to do their best of course. I understand the criticisms of Bowe, but I don't understand criticising when deserved yet not praising when earned, that's what I took issue with especially in 2009.

My expectations of them are to evolve and be Pro Bowl bound based upon general NFL stats & circumstances...such as stats show it takes 4-5 pro seasons for a QB to reach Pro Bowl level...if they have anticipated Pro Bowl talent & skill that is. Yes, there are those exceptions, but I don't expect an exception, that way I'm not disappointed, hahaha. :D

I don't ever expect Bowe to become a pro-bowler. Even if he is deserving of it. The pro-bowl is a popularity show, and being a WR for the Chiefs is not popular.

I just wanted him to become the consistent WR, that I knew he could be. I was dissappointed in his effort. Tony G, said he tried to work with Bowe, and Bowe ignored him and acted like he was talented enough that he didn't need to do that.

I am glad he opened his eyes.

Connie Jo
11-24-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't ever expect Bowe to become a pro-bowler. Even if he is deserving of it. The pro-bowl is a popularity show, and being a WR for the Chiefs is not popular.

I just wanted him to become the consistent WR, that I knew he could be. I was dissappointed in his effort. Tony G, said he tried to work with Bowe, and Bowe ignored him and acted like he was talented enough that he didn't need to do that.

I am glad he opened his eyes.

I didn't know any thing about Tony G working with Bowe. Maybe there was a personality clash between them, cause I didn't think Tony G was the kind of guy who would slam a fellow teammate. Bowe welcomed working with Fitzgerald I heard, which looks like doing so sure helped him!

I agree totally the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Many will vote for the name they recognize due to having heard it most by media & others. Of course many vote for players from their favorite team too, which I'm guilty, but I think the Chiefs nominated deserve to go. Chiefs love is blind sometimes you know, hahaha.

SIC J
11-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I didn't know any thing about Tony G working with Bowe. Maybe there was a personality clash between them, cause I didn't think Tony G was the kind of guy who would slam a fellow teammate. Bowe welcomed working with Fitzgerald I heard, which looks like doing so sure helped him!

I agree totally the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Many will vote for the name they recognize due to having heard it most by media & others. Of course many vote for players from their favorite team too, which I'm guilty, but I think the Chiefs nominated deserve to go. Chiefs love is blind sometimes you know, hahaha.

Aren't some players chosen by the coaches?

figcrostic
11-24-2010, 10:53 PM

I just wanted him to become the consistent WR, that I knew he could be. I was dissappointed in his effort. Tony G, said he tried to work with Bowe, and Bowe ignored him and acted like he was talented enough that he didn't need to do that. I am glad he opened his eyes.

When? I have a hard time believing this, and do not remember hearing anything like this. I really doubt Bowe would turn down advice from a Future HOF'er and statistically the greatest TE in the history of the NFL. I need some proof before I believe this claim. If Bowe told Tony off then Bowe was a ****y lil jerk, but I don't see that happening.

Connie Jo
11-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Aren't some players chosen by the coaches?

I read up once upon a time how they're chosen, and do know the coaches have a vote, as well as the sports media and fans. I'm not sure who votes when...such as the nominee's and finalists, etc..