PDA

View Full Version : I Believe Bowe!

Boxermm187
11-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Bowe: Chiefs will win it all - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/20497/bowe-chiefs-will-win-it-all)
I just love to hear his confidence. hopefully it spills to the WHOLE team. good week to be a chiefs fan.
I love this guy!:chiefs:

Chiefster
11-22-2010, 12:51 AM
That it is!

Ryfo18
11-22-2010, 01:06 AM
I love the confidence, but I just think it's hilarious that he says he can't guarantee it and that they will win it in the same sentence.

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 01:59 AM
I love all the Bowe love, hahaha. I've waited for quite some time to see many fans have belief in and support Bowe.

My 'Jo Crush' on Bowe began in 2007, hoping the Chiefs would draft him, believing from his college career he would evolve in to a #1 WR for the Chiefs, which we've desperately needed for several years. Over the last 4 years my belief in Bowe has evolved into a major 'Jo Crush', lol.

The last 4 years believing and having faith in Bowe haven't been easy, considering so many Chiefs fans were more anti Bowe than pro Bowe. Sometimes over the years I began to doubt my own inner instincts, due to all the Bowe negativity, but I stood firm as a fan, a believer in the "Bowe Show". I would, & still do, see beyond his occasional 'drops' or 'misses', focusing on the positive I saw, rather than the negative...the positive far out weighing the negative.

Drops & misses happen to the best WR's, and he is still young, as most WR's don't fully evolve until their 4-5th pro year, based upon what I've read here & there statistically. Also, most successful WR's, such as Jerry Rice, have had a close working and 'brotherly' relationship with their QB. Bowe didn't have that until Cassel came along.

I hope all the growing pains are nearing an end, he has found his QB 'click' with Cassel, and his evolution into a #1 WR for the Chiefs and within the NFL are arriving. Although I've liked many Chiefs players since the 90's...I've not purchased a Chiefs player jersey since DT's. I've just not had a strong desire to spend the money for a player's jersey, that is until Bowe came along. Once I can afford it, I will buy a Bowe jersey. :)

70 chiefsfan70
11-22-2010, 07:41 AM
I love all the Bowe love, hahaha. I've waited for quite some time to see many fans have belief in and support Bowe.

My 'Jo Crush' on Bowe began in 2007, hoping the Chiefs would draft him, believing from his college career he would evolve in to a #1 WR for the Chiefs, which we've desperately needed for several years. Over the last 4 years my belief in Bowe has evolved into a major 'Jo Crush', lol.

The last 4 years believing and having faith in Bowe haven't been easy, considering so many Chiefs fans were more anti Bowe than pro Bowe. Sometimes over the years I began to doubt my own inner instincts, due to all the Bowe negativity, but I stood firm as a fan, a believer in the "Bowe Show". I would, & still do, see beyond his occasional 'drops' or 'misses', focusing on the positive I saw, rather than the negative...the positive far out weighing the negative.

Drops & misses happen to the best WR's, and he is still young, as most WR's don't fully evolve until their 4-5th pro year, based upon what I've read here & there statistically. Also, most successful WR's, such as Jerry Rice, have had a close working and 'brotherly' relationship with their QB. Bowe didn't have that until Cassel came along.

I hope all the growing pains are nearing an end, he has found his QB 'click' with Cassel, and his evolution into a #1 WR for the Chiefs and within the NFL are arriving. Although I've liked many Chiefs players since the 90's...I've not purchased a Chiefs player jersey since DT's. I've just not had a strong desire to spend the money for a player's jersey, that is until Bowe came along. Once I can afford it, I will buy a Bowe jersey. :)

And a true and faithful fan you have been, I've seen you stand up for him when there was not much ground to stand on.

I thought of you after that second TD catch, and thought this is a highlight in your life.

It is a Great time to be a Chiefs Fan!

Jo Crush = BFF (best fan forever)

Hayvern
11-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Bowe has been playing well lately, no doubt, but I am going to wait for the bandwagon to come around a couple more times before I jump onboard. We have some tough games coming up, including next week on the road in Seattle. Bowe needs to be that guy again, week in and week out.

Nice game yesterday for both Bowe and Cassel though.

matthewschiefs
11-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Bowe has been playing well lately, no doubt, but I am going to wait for the bandwagon to come around a couple more times before I jump onboard. We have some tough games coming up, including next week on the road in Seattle. Bowe needs to be that guy again, week in and week out.

Nice game yesterday for both Bowe and Cassel though.

I have been on and off the Bowe Bandwagon a few times. When he was drafted I thought it would just be anther bust WR. Then he proved me wrong and I was happy to be on that bandwagon. Last year and the start of this year with the drops I jumped back off the bandwagon. If Bowe can keep up what he's been doing the last couple of weeks then I will be more then happy to jump back on. I said he was not a true number 1 and he is once again proveing me wrong. KEEP IT UP D BOWE. I would love to not only get back on that bandwagon but start to drive it.

Pro_Angler
11-22-2010, 10:47 AM
ive always wanted bowe to succeed, even with his production the last few games i still find my self sceptical.

matthewschiefs
11-22-2010, 10:56 AM
ive always wanted bowe to succeed, even with his production the last few games i still find my self sceptical.

I can understand that he had a big year in 08 and the next year was a downer. The only thing left for Bowe to do is to prove that he can be a consistent. That's the one thing Bowe has yet to prove to me. Something that I think he can do.

Chief Tyler
11-22-2010, 11:29 AM
His kind of confidence is seen as arrogance by a lot of people. Our team should be playing confident, as should any team that wants to win, but if you get a team full of Bowe's you get the Cowboys and Bengals. I wish he would have stayed quiet, for now at least. The huge inferiority complex that this team has been riding has us at 6-4 right now. Like Haley has said over and over, we're still a mediocre team.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Hope his consistency catching the ball can hold but it appears as of now that from a maturity level, his time with Fitz did him a world of good.

josh1971
11-22-2010, 07:41 PM
His kind of confidence is seen as arrogance by a lot of people. Our team should be playing confident, as should any team that wants to win, but if you get a team full of Bowe's you get the Cowboys and Bengals. I wish he would have stayed quiet, for now at least. The huge inferiority complex that this team has been riding has us at 6-4 right now. Like Haley has said over and over, we're still a mediocre team.

Confidence is ALWAYS seen as arrogance by some people.

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 08:07 PM
And a true and faithful fan you have been, I've seen you stand up for him when there was not much ground to stand on.

I thought of you after that second TD catch, and thought this is a highlight in your life.

It is a Great time to be a Chiefs Fan!

Jo Crush = BFF (best fan forever)

Oh, I was jumping with joy, and grinning ear to ear telling my grandson, who attended yesterday's game with me..."this is why I love Bowe so much, I told you he's awesome! He is isn't he!"...he'd nod agreeing & giggling at my excitement, lol. Then I'd high five him saying, "Yeehaw! Go Bowe!"

It is a "GREAT TIME" to be a Chiefs fan! I get a bit frustrated with the negativity at times from fans. I can understand it, I get upset with a loss or poor play too...but I remember all too well what previous years felt like compared to this year. We have so much to be excited about and look forward to...FINALLY!! We've had 100 times the awesome exciting and priceless moments this season by comparison to previous. MNF is only one example!

I'm all about being grateful for the moment, for what I have rather than what I don't. :D

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Confidence is ALWAYS seen as arrogance by some people.

I agree! I've interacted some with Dwayne on his Facebook page, and he can come across as arrogant, but if one pays attention reading between the lines it's most always with a sense of humor. His confidence is founded in his faith, he turns to God often as a booster to elevate his confidence. He puts God as #1, not himself, and often states such publicly on his Facebook. He knows he is nothing without his faith...and isn't intimidated in the least to publicly state such.

From personal experience and belief...I've often found in life it is those personalities who put themselves before God who are truly arrogant. :D

chief31
11-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Much like this past draft, we did not go the direction I wanted us to, when we selected Bowe.

But, since his first season, I have been a fan of his.

I was barely holding on a couple of weeks ago.

He was following up a bad season with a bad start to this one.

But I always knew that his problems with dropping passes was something he could get past. Hopefully, that is all far behind him now.

He is looking like a world-beater of late. And I couldn't be happier to see it.

Hayvern
11-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I have been on and off the Bowe Bandwagon a few times. When he was drafted I thought it would just be anther bust WR. Then he proved me wrong and I was happy to be on that bandwagon. Last year and the start of this year with the drops I jumped back off the bandwagon. If Bowe can keep up what he's been doing the last couple of weeks then I will be more then happy to jump back on. I said he was not a true number 1 and he is once again proveing me wrong. KEEP IT UP D BOWE. I would love to not only get back on that bandwagon but start to drive it.

Nothing will make me happier than to be proved wrong about Bowe, Cassel and Haley! Everyone else is cake as far as I am concerned