PDA

View Full Version : A general observation of our W/L record.

Chiefster
11-22-2010, 04:00 PM
The Chiefs seemingly inconsistent play may have us Chiefs fans wanting to know which team will show up from week to week until you take a close look at their road record vs. their home record. The Chiefs are 1-4 on the road and a perfect 5-0 (Which I'm ecstatic about!) at home. A reasonable conclusion maybe that they are who they have always been this season: a team in need of the 12th man.

To say that the Denver game was an embarrassment is a complete understatement or to say that we did not get off the bus would suggest that we actually boarded it in the first place. Until the Denver game I was beginning to think that we played to the level of our competition, however, that was clearly not the case in Denver. The Raiders game was like seeing a mirror image of ourselves; the fact that it was at Oakland gave the slight advantage to the Raiders and the result was a three point Raider win IMO. We had good showings at Huston and Indianapolis but those were games we were supposed to lose hence it was unclear at that point whether we were in any desperate need of the home crowd to win.

The season's not over and there's time to disprove this theory, but we could, possibly, be undefeated if we could play all our games at home.

Ryfo18
11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
You provide a good analysis and even stats to back it up, but like some on this forum I'm just going to say you're wrong. Why? Because I said so.

Hayvern
11-22-2010, 04:22 PM
I think Chiefster has nailed it on the head here.

Every week we have a road game I am a little nervous of the outcome. We barely won on the raod against Cleveland who are not a very good team in their own right.

We have a real test coming up in Seattle this weekend. Seattle really wants to win this game in hopes of proving they are a team who should be leading their division. That stadium also has it's own twelth man.

Haley put it in perspective. He says that good teams are teams that find ways to win on the road. I believe he said that is why he does not think the Chiefs are a good team yet.

Will be an interesting test.

matthewschiefs
11-22-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't think we are that bad of a road team Outside the denver game if you want to call it a game every other game is a woulda coulda shoulda. We are a team that can play on the road we just have to learn to WIN on the road and not make the mistakes that coast you ball games.

ctchiefsfan
11-22-2010, 05:04 PM
An excellent analysis IMHO.

Back during those exciting first 3 weeks, I felt the Chiefs were playing "better than they were". And I think the 12th man made a big difference.

We've got a lot of young players and I think they are playing far better than any of us really expected.

But I don't think they have the experience to overcome early setbacks if they are playing on the road (especially the offense).

IMO whether we take the division or not will ultimately depend on our ability to get a lead in the first half and then never go down by more than 7 points....especially if we are on the road.

That said, I think the divsion is ours for the taking and that we will take it in a walk next year!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

chiefnut
11-22-2010, 06:04 PM
up until the herm edwards era we have always been tuf to beat at home. normally most tedams will have one game a season where the get trounced by an underdog defying all pundits and football logic. hopefully denver was ours. the rader game was just a typical CHIEFS/raders fight to the finish. the colts & texans were winnable games that we will win next time. remember we are playing much better than expected and are still on track to win our division with 10 wins. nothin wrong w/that!!

ctchiefsfan
11-22-2010, 06:18 PM
up until the herm edwards era we have always been tuf to beat at home. normally most tedams will have one game a season where the get trounced by an underdog defying all pundits and football logic. hopefully denver was ours. the rader game was just a typical CHIEFS/raders fight to the finish. the colts & texans were winnable games that we will win next time. remember we are playing much better than expected and are still on track to win our division with 10 wins. nothin wrong w/that!!

Nothing wrong with that at all!

But we are having a tough time on the road if we don't jump ahead early. Its a sign of a young team.

If our offense can step it up just a bit, I think we cruise to an AFC West win and maybe even get through the first round of the playoffs....(though it will probably be on the road).....

That said, I think '11 or more likely '12 is when we'll all be trying to figure out how to get SB tickets!

GO CHIEFS!!!!! :chiefs:

Seek
11-22-2010, 06:29 PM
To make the play offs, you have to win the games at home, and steal a few on the road. We stole one already, and gave two away.

chiefnut
11-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Nothing wrong with that at all!

But we are having a tough time on the road if we don't jump ahead early. Its a sign of a young team.

If our offense can step it up just a bit, I think we cruise to an AFC West win and maybe even get through the first round of the playoffs....(though it will probably be on the road).....

That said, I think '11 or more likely '12 is when we'll all be trying to figure out how to get SB tickets!

GO CHIEFS!!!!! :chiefs:

3 of the 4 road losses were predicted[not by CHIEFS fans] by the pundits, yet we came within one play in each game of upsetting them. that is still pretty good for a team that was 10-38 over the last 3 seasons. i personally am thrilled with the turnaround and only sense better things to come. as long as we take care of buisness ie.....seattle, oak, den, tenn, st.l:yahoo:then we'll have lots to cheer about:punk:

ctchiefsfan
11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
3 of the 4 road losses were predicted[not by CHIEFS fans] by the pundits, yet we came within one play in each game of upsetting them. that is still pretty good for a team that was 10-38 over the last 3 seasons. i personally am thrilled with the turnaround and only sense better things to come. as long as we take care of buisness ie.....seattle, oak, den, tenn, st.l:yahoo:then we'll have lots to cheer about:punk:

Im THRILLED too!!!! :chiefs: :chiefs:

Honestly though....if our team had one more year experience together, I'm confident we would be 8-2 or 9-1.

Our team needs to "grow up" quickly. IMO "dynasties" are mostly a thing of the past.

Our SB is in the next 4 years.

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 06:59 PM
The Chiefs seemingly inconsistent play may have us Chiefs fans wanting to know which team will show up from week to week until you take a close look at their road record vs. their home record. The Chiefs are 1-4 on the road and a perfect 5-0 (Which I'm ecstatic about!) at home. A reasonable conclusion maybe that they are who they have always been this season: a team in need of the 12th man.

To say that the Denver game was an embarrassment is a complete understatement or to say that we did not get off the bus would suggest that we actually boarded it in the first place. Until the Denver game I was beginning to think that we played to the level of our competition, however, that was clearly not the case in Denver. The Raiders game was like seeing a mirror image of ourselves; the fact that it was at Oakland gave the slight advantage to the Raiders and the result was a three point Raider win IMO. We had good showings at Huston and Indianapolis but those were games we were supposed to lose hence it was unclear at that point whether we were in any desperate need of the home crowd to win.

The season's not over and there's time to disprove this theory, but we could, possibly, be undefeated if we could play all our games at home.

Oh, I definitely think the 12th man is a factor. Not simply due to creating headaches for an opposing offense, but our Chiefs on both sides of the ball draw off the energy of their fans in the stands...how could they not?...they're human after all, hahaha. :)

Canada
11-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Oh, I definitely think the 12th man is a factor. Not simply due to creating headaches for an opposing offense, but our Chiefs on both sides of the ball draw off the energy of their fans in the stands...how could they not?...they're human after all, hahaha. :)

The Chiefs are superhuman!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/74.jpg

Chiefster
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
You provide a good analysis and even stats to back it up, but like some on this forum I'm just going to say you're wrong. Why? Because I said so.

:lol: You're right; I stand corrected. :D

I think Chiefster has nailed it on the head here.

Every week we have a road game I am a little nervous of the outcome. We barely won on the raod against Cleveland who are not a very good team in their own right.

We have a real test coming up in Seattle this weekend. Seattle really wants to win this game in hopes of proving they are a team who should be leading their division. That stadium also has it's own twelth man.

Haley put it in perspective. He says that good teams are teams that find ways to win on the road. I believe he said that is why he does not think the Chiefs are a good team yet.

Will be an interesting test.

Could not agree more! Rep! :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
11-22-2010, 09:27 PM

If we win the West, we play our first playoff game at home, regardless of the wildcard teams' records.:D

Connie Jo
11-22-2010, 09:27 PM
The Chiefs are superhuman!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/74.jpg

:lol:

SWEET! But it'd be alot sweeter if it was Bowe's face and a great big 'B' where that 'S' is, hahahaha. :)

Canada
11-22-2010, 09:28 PM

SWEET! But it'd be alot sweeter if it was Bowe's face and a great big 'B' where that 'S' is, hahahaha. :)

I was looking for a current player but i have a really short attention span

chief31
11-22-2010, 09:31 PM

That thing you play with when you're alone at night isn't called an "attention span"...no matter how short it may be.

Big Daddy Tek
11-22-2010, 11:51 PM

Being drunk and having a short attention span are two different things Canada.

Big Daddy Tek
11-22-2010, 11:52 PM

Nice Job Chiefster. Good to see you getting behind the old writers desk!

Canada
11-22-2010, 11:58 PM
That thing you play with when you're alone at night isn't called an "attention span"...no matter how short it may be.

Really? Cause I always hear people say you have the attention span of a 5 year old so i just assumed.

SIC J
11-23-2010, 12:27 AM
To make the play offs, you have to win the games at home, and steal a few on the road. We stole one already, and gave two away.

So has every other team in the AFC West (they're all 1-4 on the road). But the Chiefs are the only team so far to be 5-0 at home. Which is why the Chiefs still have a chance to win the division and make the playoffs.

OMGLadyGaga
11-23-2010, 01:18 AM
How quickly we forget that the past 3 games excluding the AZ game we have looked like complete crap. Playoffs??? The Chargers have a very very soft schedule remaining and excluding next week in Indy look for them to win them all. If we are going to be a playoff team then we need to start playing better on the road, and beating Seattle is an absolute must in order to extend our division lead. Without a cushion at the top of the standings im afraid the Chargers will come back from behind and pull ahead, especially since we play them at Qualcomm in a few weeks.

Boxermm187
11-23-2010, 01:32 AM
How quickly we forget that the past 3 games excluding the AZ game we have looked like complete crap. Playoffs??? The Chargers have a very very soft schedule remaining and excluding next week in Indy look for them to win them all. If we are going to be a playoff team then we need to start playing better on the road, and beating Seattle is an absolute must in order to extend our division lead. Without a cushion at the top of the standings im afraid the Chargers will come back from behind and pull ahead, especially since we play them at Qualcomm in a few weeks.

Totally agree with you. Chargers look like the real deal, but that is why they play the game. you never know what happens, or in this case, which Chiefs show up to play. Chargers might have a healthy squad and Vincent Jackson when they play the Chiefs and that's a scary thought. Oh well, I believe!:chiefs:

SIC J
11-23-2010, 02:49 AM

Why cuz they beat the Broncos at home?

FACT IS, every team in the AFC West is 1-4 on the road. NONE of them have been good on the road. Chiefs have a soft schedule as well and there is no reason its not possible for them to win the division. But in order for them to do that, they MUST be the Seahawks next week and the Chargers lose to the Colts.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos beat the Chargers at home.

Canada
11-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Why cuz they beat the Broncos at home?

FACT IS, every team in the AFC West is 1-4 on the road. NONE of them have been good on the road. Chiefs have a soft schedule as well and there is no reason its not possible for them to win the division. But in order for them to do that, they MUST be the Seahawks next week and the Chargers lose to the Colts.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos beat the Chargers at home.

I disagree...we dont need to be the Seahawks.

chiefnut
11-23-2010, 08:49 AM
the chargers just crushed the pittiful broncos, i still can't understand how that team whooped us, now they are just 1 game behind us which means they must lose at least one more game while we can only lose one more. the colts should beat the chargers and i fear the chargers may beat us but that still gives us the division. that would be so awesome!!! without a second pass rusher and some upgrade on the O line to get that one yard when we need it i don't see us going deep into the playoffs. BUT anything can happen in the playoffs!!!!

Chiefster
11-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Nice Job Chiefster. Good to see you getting behind the old writers desk!

Thanks buddy! :bananen_smilies046:

Absolutely 100% agree! Rep!

SIC J
11-23-2010, 04:13 PM
the chargers just crushed the pittiful broncos, i still can't understand how that team whooped us, now they are just 1 game behind us which means they must lose at least one more game while we can only lose one more. the colts should beat the chargers and i fear the chargers may beat us but that still gives us the division. that would be so awesome!!! without a second pass rusher and some upgrade on the O line to get that one yard when we need it i don't see us going deep into the playoffs. BUT anything can happen in the playoffs!!!!

Its cuz the Broncos SUCK on the road and they had that ONE game of domination. It just so happened to be against the Chiefs.

Personally, after the great game Orton had against the Chiefs, I knew he wouldn't be able to do it in back to back games.

Chiefster
11-23-2010, 04:20 PM
So has every other team in the AFC West (they're all 1-4 on the road). But the Chiefs are the only team so far to be 5-0 at home. Which is why the Chiefs still have a chance to win the division and make the playoffs.

I did not know that! Good call!

SIC J
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
I did not know that! Good call!

And if you look deeper into it, the NFC West is 3-17 on the road.

So in conclusion, all the West division teams flat out SUCK on the road as a whole. LOL

Chiefster
11-24-2010, 02:05 AM
And if you look deeper into it, the NFC West is 3-17 on the road.

So in conclusion, all the West division teams flat out SUCK on the road as a whole. LOL

Good point!

Pro_Angler
11-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Im not impresses with our record in the least. we have beaten awefull teams and have lost to every team with a better record and dont forget denver.

hersheybar1957
11-24-2010, 10:45 PM
2 of those road games shouda been wins, we just laid down in the fourth quarter

Canada
11-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Im not impresses with our record in the least. we have beaten awefull teams and have lost to every team with a better record and dont forget denver.

Of course you aren't. Why would you be? We are only 6-4 and leading the West. 4 more wins and we equal our total from the last three years...but sure...nothing to be impressed with!! :ninerssuck:

AkChief49
11-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Of course you aren't. Why would you be? We are only 6-4 and leading the West. 4 more wins and we equal our total from the last three years...but sure...nothing to be impressed with!! :ninerssuck:
no kidding! 6-4 and no one seems happy. I'm ecstatic! 2 of those road games should have been wins, but hey, we are leaps and bounds ahead of where I thought we would be.:bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
11-28-2010, 02:27 AM
We're now at the total of games I expected to win all year this year, so every win the rest of this season is bonus in my mind.

We still have some room to get better, but I'd say we're vastly improved from last year.

chief31
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
We're now at the total of games I expected to win all year this year, so every win the rest of this season is bonus in my mind.

We still have some room to get better, but I'd say we're vastly improved from last year.

Same here.

We have been ahead of the pace since game one, for me.

Everything has been bonuses to me, and extremely impressive, based on what I expected.

brdempsey69
11-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Just look at a team like Tennessee & how they started off & now seem to be falling apart. Can't complain about the Chiefs season this year except for the Denver debacle ( were they cheating for that one, too? ) & the Chiefs get a chance for some payback against Denver next Sunday.

Pro_Angler
11-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Pre season I predicted 10 wind and playoffs..anything less then playoffs is a bad season..we are the chiefs we should expect better then average

Seek
11-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Just look at a team like Tennessee & how they started off & now seem to be falling apart. Can't complain about the Chiefs season this year except for the Denver debacle ( were they cheating for that one, too? ) & the Chiefs get a chance for some payback against Denver next Sunday.

I can complaing about the Raider loss and the Houston loss. Those games were in the bag.. There would be no talks of the Chargers winning the division if we did not choke those games away.

buffman316
11-30-2010, 06:48 PM
I can complaing about the Raider loss and the Houston loss. Those games were in the bag.. There would be no talks of the Chargers winning the division if we did not choke those games away.

I am still reeling from those loses, but what can we do. Beating the Chargers in two weeks would finally be the beginning of a new era with the tired out chargers!

matthewschiefs
11-30-2010, 06:56 PM

Even if we can finish one of those games then we are in a real good spot as far as it goes to winning the divison. Those might be the ones that keep us out of the playoffs for sure.

Outside of that I don't think that we can be really upset with the way this season has gone. We are a team that is on the rise for sure. When was the last time we were even thinking playoffs at this time. This is a much better season for this team and that's about all we can ask for right now.