PDA

View Full Version : I Want to Punch Philip Rivers in his Smug Face

Intelligent_Yinzer
11-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Steelers fan here, just making a guest appearance to share this with you:

http://www.iwanttopunchphiliprivers.com/ (http://www.iwanttopunchphiliprivers.com)

Chiefster
11-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Uglier then first realized.

Canada
11-23-2010, 04:32 PM

http://www.iwanttopunchphiliprivers.com/ (http://www.iwanttopunchphiliprivers.com):lol::lol::lol::l ol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lazeye
11-23-2010, 04:35 PM
I am glad you took the time to compile this because I would puke if I gave that much of my life to that man. And I thought Mr. Bean had alot of faces. what a cry baby he is.

Intelligent_Yinzer
11-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I am glad you took the time to compile this because I would puke if I gave that much of my life to that man. And I thought Mr. Bean had alot of faces. what a cry baby he is.

Haha I thought it was a funny idea to put all his smug looks in one place :punk:

C Louie
11-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Well put. I also would like to punch Philip Rivers in the face.:boltssuck::lol:

brantcanchiefsfan
11-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Now that I've seen that...I wanna punch him in the face....and I'm not a violent person:lol: :lol:

SIC J
11-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Rivers is over-rated and one of the biggest cry babies I've ever seen. And yes, I want to punch him in the face as well! LOL

Boxermm187
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Rivers is over-rated and one of the biggest cry babies I've ever seen. And yes, I want to punch him in the face as well! LOL
"OVER RATED" come on now, check out his stats......and without some of his receivers. I dont like the dude but i respect his passion for the game and his team. no Vince Young on his part.

AkChief49
11-23-2010, 10:24 PM
get in line

SIC J
11-23-2010, 10:34 PM
"OVER RATED" come on now, check out his stats......and without some of his receivers. I dont like the dude but i respect his passion for the game and his team. no Vince Young on his part.

This is the first "good" season he's had in career.

Besides his yards, his numbers don't blow away Cassel's but yet no one is talking about how great he is are they? LOL

For everyone to all of a sudden preach that he's the best QB in the league, to me is a joke.

Boxermm187
11-23-2010, 10:45 PM

Besides his yards, his numbers don't blow away Cassel's but yet no one is talking about how great he is are they? LOL

For everyone to all of a sudden preach that he's the best QB in the league, to me is a joke.

Don't want to defend an enemy but you ask any knowledgeable analyst, and they'll say he is a top five QB. he is dangerous. there is a reason why they have led this division for so long.

as of cassel, I love that dude. lets hope he finishes strong then he will get the rep he deserves!

Coach
11-23-2010, 11:38 PM
as for cassel, I love that dude. lets hope he finishes strong then he will get the rep he deserves!

Exactly.

chief31
11-24-2010, 12:21 AM

Besides his yards, his numbers don't blow away Cassel's but yet no one is talking about how great he is are they?

I have been a pretty big fan of Cassel's work this season. :D

SIC J
11-24-2010, 02:07 AM
I have been a pretty big fan of Cassel's work this season. :D

I know I am as well and was happy the Chiefs got him.

His numbers are just as good if not better than all the "elite" QBs. Only difference is the yards but thats because he doesn't throw as much as everyone else.

SIC J
11-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Don't want to defend an enemy but you ask any knowledgeable analyst, and they'll say he is a top five QB. he is dangerous. there is a reason why they have led this division for so long.

as of cassel, I love that dude. lets hope he finishes strong then he will get the rep he deserves!

Cassel already has!

As for Rivers, its funny that a commentator FINALLY brought up the fact that he has so many yards, TD's, completions, etc cuz the Chargers are always playing catch up and have to throw the ball so thats why his numbers are so high. Just like Orton's. That was mentioned during the Bronco vs Charger game.

nigeriannightmare
11-24-2010, 01:35 PM

antonio gates, malcolm floyd, vincent jackson...yeah he has no weoapons.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-24-2010, 01:46 PM
One is out, One returned last week and one has not returned as of yet. Yes, OUT

Drunker Hillbilly
11-24-2010, 01:49 PM

Seriously? I'm a fan of Cassel's but his number are NO WHERE NEAR Rivers numbers. Not even close!

Ryfo18
11-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Calling Rivers overrated is a bit ridiculous. He's a great NFL quarterback, as much as it hurts me to say. There's a reason he's getting in the MVP talk this year. He's never missed the playoffs as a starter either. Granted he's never made it to the Super Bowl, but a lot of good quarterbacks haven't.

If anything, I would say he's a bit underrated.

hersheybar1957
11-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Not over rated, but his team is down all the time and he has to throw, his stats of course are going to be great. At the same time I would love to beat him at his home. Yes let punch him in the face it is only going to cost us 25K.

SIC J
11-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Seriously? I'm a fan of Cassel's but his number are NO WHERE NEAR Rivers numbers. Not even close!

Really?

TDs
Cassel - 18
Rivers - 23

Interceptions
Cassel - 4
Rivers - 9

Sacks
Cassel - 15
Rivers - 23

Fumbles
Cassel - 2 fumbles/lost 1
Rivers - 6 fumbles/lost 3

Avg
Cassel - 7.1
Rivers - 9

Pct.
Cassel - 59.5
Rivers - 65.2

Rating
Cassel - 96.2
Rivers - 105

Chiefs 6-4
Chargers 5-5

Chargers are a pass first team so yes Rivers is expected to have high numbers but they aren't "great" or blowing anyone away. Same with Manning, Brees, Orton,

Everyone says the Chargers lose cuz of special teams but they seem to forget about all the TURNOVERS they've had. They have 22 turnovers and 12 are by Rivers!

And if you compare Rivers 3rd season as the starting QB to Cassel this season, they aren't going to be much lower and better in a few places. Yards is the big difference but you can't compare a passing team to a run team in those stats.

So if you're going to talk about how "great" Rivers has been, then you should give Cassel the credit he deserves NOW for what he's doing.

SIC J
11-24-2010, 02:46 PM
One last thing. We would ALL agree that Brady is an "elite" QB and one of the best in the NFL right?

Go compare Brady and Cassel's number so far this season and then come tell me otherwise. They are almost IDENTICAL!

hersheybar1957
11-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I know I am as well and was happy the Chiefs got him.

His numbers are just as good if not better than all the "elite" QBs. Only difference is the yards but thats because he doesn't throw as much as everyone else.

This is the truth. I would like to see him though 400 yards every game but all that means is we have been losing the entire game. I think Cassle is by far more mature and give him a little more time and a Fitzgerald and we are in the SB.

LargoChief
11-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Never liked the guy and think Matt Cassel looks really good. I think he was the right choice, he still has an upside and when you see a player who is careless with the ball that is dificult to break. I am glad he isn't.

SIC J
11-24-2010, 04:16 PM
This is the truth. I would like to see him though 400 yards every game but all that means is we have been losing the entire game. I think Cassle is by far more mature and give him a little more time and a Fitzgerald and we are in the SB.

EXACTLY!!!

Both Rivers 400+ yard games were in games they lost and were trying to come back to win against prevent defenses. His 3rd highest passing game was also in a loss.

And the Rivers lowest 2 passing yard games were in blowout wins and he didn't even throw for over 241 yards in either game.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Really?

TDs
Cassel - 18
Rivers - 23

Interceptions
Cassel - 4
Rivers - 9

Sacks
Cassel - 15
Rivers - 23

Fumbles
Cassel - 2 fumbles/lost 1
Rivers - 6 fumbles/lost 3

Avg
Cassel - 7.1
Rivers - 9

Pct.
Cassel - 59.5
Rivers - 65.2

Rating
Cassel - 96.2
Rivers - 105

Chiefs 6-4
Chargers 5-5

Chargers are a pass first team so yes Rivers is expected to have high numbers but they aren't "great" or blowing anyone away. Same with Manning, Brees, Orton,

Everyone says the Chargers lose cuz of special teams but they seem to forget about all the TURNOVERS they've had. They have 22 turnovers and 12 are by Rivers!

And if you compare Rivers 3rd season as the starting QB to Cassel this season, they aren't going to be much lower and better in a few places. Yards is the big difference but you can't compare a passing team to a run team in those stats.

So if you're going to talk about how "great" Rivers has been, then you should give Cassel the credit he deserves NOW for what he's doing.
Uhhhh, I've been one of the few backing Cassel if you haven't noticed but there is a reason that Rivers is ranked #1 and Cassel is Ranked 19th. Weird how you left completions and yardage out. Let me ask you, if someone today said you can have your choice Rivers or Cassel. Who are you taking?

SIC J
11-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Uhhhh, I've been one of the few backing Cassel if you haven't noticed but there is a reason that Rivers is ranked #1 and Cassel is Ranked 19th. Weird how you left completions and yardage out. Let me ask you, if someone today said you can have your choice Rivers or Cassel. Who are you taking?

I can't remember who's backing who. haha

And in my ORIGINAL post, I stated that besides those 2 stats, they're about the same. MOST of Rivers yards are because they are playing from behind. BOTH his 400+ yard games were in ones that he was trying to play catch up against a prevent defense. In fact, his 3 top passing yard games this season were all games they lost. And funny that his 2 lowest were in blowout games they won. See the trend???

I think Rivers is reckless and don't like him as a person, so I would choose Cassel. I think the Chiefs have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl in the future with Cassel then Rivers with the Chargers. As gunslingers are fun to watch, I'm not into living and dying by the pass type QBs.

chief31
11-24-2010, 09:34 PM
there is a reason that Rivers is ranked #1 and Cassel is Ranked 19th. Weird how you left completions and yardage out.

There are several reasons.

A couple of them would be as SicJ mentioned.

The Chargers are passing more often, leading to more yards, while The Chiefs have been running to protect a lead alot.

And The Chargers' running game has struggled through alot of the season, while The Chiefs' running game has been quite successful, and hogging up the yardage stats.

I'll quickly admit that Rivers' efficiency numbers and percentages are the best in the league.

However, given the same number of attempts as Rivers, (at Cassel's current rates) Cassel would rank at 11th in The NFL for passing yards, with 2,515. He would also be at 22 total TDs. Good enough for 2nd in The NFL. (Rivers has 23.)

If I am starting a new offense, or going with the Chiefs' current offense, I want Cassel over Rivers.

Rivers has taken a few years to get to where he is at, and Cassel is just starting.

If I am picking for my fantasy team, or using Norv's offense, I'll take Rivers,

Drunker Hillbilly
11-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Interesting.....I think your both crazy but....... Regardless the team, Rivers is the better QB bottom line, better athlete as well. There's a reason there is so much smack talk about Cassel. While I believe in him and have been happy overall with his play, there's not a chance in he!! that I start a team with Cassel over Rivers. He has been considered by many that he has been one of the top QB's in the NFL for the last couple of years. There is a reason that team plays the way they do. QB and his ability along with the weapons they have at the receiver position. I'm not sure you would find many people outside this board with a non bias opinion that would take Cassel over Rivers at this point in there career's. It's not like Rivers is old and has been injured a ton. He's young and has a strong arm with really good accuracy. While I don't like to watch his childish antics and whining all the time, I think he has the "Larry Bird" syndrome. You hate him unless he's on your team!! Given the choice right now, I take him everyday, all day over Cassel given the choice.

hometeam
11-24-2010, 10:41 PM
I hate to say it, but you have been smoking crack if you think cassel is near the QB rivers is.

he is the third best QB in the league. Numbers asides, hes a great QB.

yes hes a smug jerk. yes hes a great QB.

get over it!

SIC J
11-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Whats funny is if Cassel had 9 interceptions and 3 fumbles, you guys would be asking for his head on a stick. LOL

Drunker Hillbilly
11-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Whats funny is if Cassel had 9 interceptions and 3 fumbles, you guys would be asking for his head on a stick. LOL
Really????? 23 TD's and 9 INT's. Not many would be disappointed in those numbers!

Connie Jo
11-24-2010, 11:13 PM

He already has the next best thing to Fitzgerald...Fitzgeralds protege! He mentored our own Dwayne Bowe!!

:yahoo:

SIC J
11-25-2010, 02:52 AM
Really????? 23 TD's and 9 INT's. Not many would be disappointed in those numbers!

I like 18 TDs, 4 Interceptions, and 1 fumble MUCH better. Just saying........

chief31
11-25-2010, 04:08 PM
I hate to say it, but you have been smoking crack if you think cassel is near the QB rivers is.

he is the third best QB in the league. Numbers asides, hes a great QB.

yes hes a smug jerk. yes hes a great QB.

get over it!

You didn't hate to say that. You added a needless insult in saying it. Even ended it with "Get over it!" You enjoyed saying it.

Now, I don't dislike Rivers. I don't have any problem saying that he is a great QB, either.

But, given the same number of attempts, Cassel isn't far behind him.

Rivers:
3,177 Yards, 23 TDs, 9 INTs.

Cassel (* At current numbers, adjusted to meet the number of attempts that Rivers has) :
2,515 Yards, 22 TDs, 5 INTs.

That's a pretty close call, on which of those guys I would prefer. And don't think that these numbers ... 6-4 vs. 5-5 ... don't matter either.

However, sustaining that type of production for that number of attempts, as well as looking at what has been going on with the receivers on The Chargers, I would take Rivers, unless I am going with the offense that Cassel is already getting comfortable with.

I am not missing how good Rivers' stats are. You are missing how good Cassel's are.

*- The adjusted numbers are taking his existing yardage (etc.), dividing those by his number of attempts, then multiplying that by Rivers' number of attempts.

chief31
11-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Interesting.....I think your both crazy but....... Regardless the team, Rivers is the better QB bottom line, better athlete as well. There's a reason there is so much smack talk about Cassel.

Yes, failed reasoning is a reason.

While I believe in him and have been happy overall with his play, there's not a chance in he!! that I start a team with Cassel over Rivers. He has been considered by many that he has been one of the top QB's in the NFL for the last couple of years. There is a reason that team plays the way they do. QB and his ability along with the weapons they have at the receiver position.

You have watched enough football to know that you pass more often when your running game isn't very good, that you pass more often when trailing, that you pass less often when leading, and when your running game is able to dominate.

Those are the reasons that The Chargers throw so often, and The Chiefs throw less often. If The Chargers were able to run the ball and limit the number of times pass-rushers were out to hit Rivers, bet they would.

I'm not sure you would find many people outside this board with a non bias opinion that would take Cassel over Rivers at this point in there career's. It's not like Rivers is old and has been injured a ton. He's young and has a strong arm with really good accuracy. While I don't like to watch his childish antics and whining all the time, I think he has the "Larry Bird" syndrome. You hate him unless he's on your team!! Given the choice right now, I take him everyday, all day over Cassel given the choice.

I don't hate Rivers. I don't even dislike him. Never cared about his personality either.

I agree that he has been amazing this season.

But, as I've shown, Cassel is playing at a level just barely behind Rivers, just with fewer attempts.

I misspoke before, about beginning a new offense. Started that sentence about Rivers, but wound up turning it into Cassel's statement.

I would take Rivers in any situation, except the situation that Cassel is already beginning to excel in.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-26-2010, 08:57 AM
I don't hate Rivers. I don't even dislike him. Never cared about his personality either.

I agree that he has been amazing this season.

But, as I've shown, Cassel is playing at a level just barely behind Rivers, just with fewer attempts.

I misspoke before, about beginning a new offense. Started that sentence about Rivers, but wound up turning it into Cassel's statement.

I would take Rivers in any situation, except the situation that Cassel is already beginning to excel in.
More attempts equals more chances for turning it over as well.....just sayin. I think most know where I stand with Cassel (like him) but I do have to say that IMO, if Cassel had the same amount of attempts he would have more INT's than Rivers. It's all purely speculation of course but again IMO, Rivers is a better overall athlete than Cassel from what I have seen over the last several years from both thereby putting Rivers ahead of Cassel in all aspects of the position. Not even close really regardless of WHY His numbers are better than Cassel's. Having said all of this, I'm very happy with Cassel and the way the offense is structured right now is working just fine for the most part. I think it is absolutely imparative that we have such a great running game for him to play as well as he has been. Hate to say but I don't know how well he would perform if he were needed to run an offense such as the Chargers.

Canada
11-26-2010, 10:40 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs726.snc4/64642_149576115084682_100000968845377_224498_81241 32_n.jpg

whatwasthat?
11-26-2010, 05:25 PM
this is fantastic

GlennBree
11-26-2010, 06:49 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/
:lol:

chief31
11-26-2010, 11:27 PM
More attempts equals more chances for turning it over as well.....just sayin. I think most know where I stand with Cassel (like him) but I do have to say that IMO, if Cassel had the same amount of attempts he would have more INT's than Rivers.

At the rate Cassel has been going, if he had the same number of attempts as Rivers currently does, he would have five INTs.

I am with ya though. Rivers is, most definitely, an elite QB. (Zero Super Bowl victories, so far, for you elite QB guys)

Not trying to take anything away from Rivers.

But, to this point in the season, Cassel has been quite comparable to him, and any other 'elite' QB in the league.

And yet, I am lucky to hear others say that his doing 'pretty good'.

For what I expected from him, and most certainly for what his detractors expected of him, he has been nothing short of phenomenal, so far.

Who actually expected 2,074 Yards, 18 TDs, 4 INTs, and a 96.2 QB Rating, through ten games, when this season started?

I mean, who felt like that was 'par for the course' for a guy who threw 16 TDs and 16 INTs, for a QB Rating of 69.9 a year ago?

Maybe he will fall apart, and fall to where everyone thinks he should be.

But, so far, he is way above that, with very few people giving him the kind of credit that a turnaround like this deserves. (Not aimed at you, DH. Just in general. )

(Added kudos to Weiss.)

The same could be said of D-Bowe, except that most people have seen the light on him. And he is actually receiving the high praises that he has earned.

KristofLaw
11-27-2010, 08:44 PM
The only player on that cr** team I don't despise is Antonio Gates... I do respect and fear his game. Once he's gone watch that fat-faced moron fail.

Ugh, I can't stand him and his piece of crud team... someone should punch him in the face with their fist. http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/105.jpg

chief31
11-27-2010, 08:53 PM
The only player on that cr** team I don't despise is Antonio Gates... I do respect and fear his game. Once he's gone watch that fat-faced moron fail.

Ugh, I can't stand him and his piece of crud team... someone should punch him in the face with their fist. http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/11/105.jpg

Well.....

Gates has not played for two straight games and Rivers is 32/47 (68%), for 528 yards, with 8 TDs and 2 INTs, over those two games.

Seems like Rivers has played better without Gates.

At least for two games.

Canada
11-28-2010, 07:47 AM
I wanna punch Chief31 in his smug face.

chief31
11-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I wanna punch Chief31 in his smug face.

But your infatuation with my smug face makes you want to kiss it. So you are in a tough spot. :lol:

Canada
11-29-2010, 02:59 PM
But your infatuation with my smug face makes you want to kiss it. So you are in a tough spot. :lol:

Its not as tough as you might think!! :fighting0030:

Coach
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Who actually expected 2,074 Yards, 18 TDs, 4 INTs, and a 96.2 QB Rating, through ten games, when this season started?

I would have taken that stat line in a heartbeat. I think this entire team is better. After the Monday Night football game, I thought we were going to have one of the best special teams units in football. Right now, I'd say ours is mediocre at best. Those kickoffs yesterday were puzzling.

Back to the topic: I want to punch Phillip Rivers in the face as well.

KCSDFAN
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM

You must not watch football much because Vincent Jackson has been out all season due to contract issues, Floyd and Gates have been out part of this season with injuries so YES NO WEAPONS THIS YEAR.

KCSDFAN
11-29-2010, 04:07 PM

Most of his "elite" receivers have been out this year (and during one game all were out) and the "fat-faced moron hasn't failed yet". Instead he just keeps on winning!

Canada
11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Most of his "elite" receivers have been out this year (and during one game all were out) and the "fat-faced moron hasn't failed yet". Instead he just keeps on winning!

Until the playoffs!! Then the winning bcomes whining!!

KCSDFAN
11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Until the playoffs!! Then the winning bcomes whining!!

Rivers NEVER whines or makes excuses about loses! It's alway WE (the team) will have to do better next week or we'll have to pick it up next week. Watch the press conferences on NFL channel and see who the "real" whiners are.

Canada
11-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Rivers NEVER whines or makes excuses about loses! It's alway WE (the team) will have to do better next week or we'll have to pick it up next week. Watch the press conferences on NFL channel and see who the "real" whiners are.

The whole team whines when they lose. Good thing you got rid of Tomlinson.

KCSDFAN
11-30-2010, 06:09 PM

http://www.iwanttopunchphiliprivers.com/ (http://www.iwanttopunchphiliprivers.com)

Hey Steelers fan-would much rather Phillip Rivers as my quarterback both on and OFF the field. No motorcycle accidents, no reported rapes with arrests, and no bad attitude.

SIC J
11-30-2010, 06:48 PM

Thats the funniest thing I've ever heard. I know a LOT of Charger fans and they even say he whines a lot. LOL

Canada
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey Steelers fan-would much rather Phillip Rivers as my quarterback both on and OFF the field. No motorcycle accidents, no reported rapes with arrests, and no bad attitude.

Im sure he would rather have the Super Bowl ring. JMHO

chief31
11-30-2010, 10:29 PM

And not one Super Bowl appearance.

KristofLaw
12-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Exaggerating rant - He can pad his stats for all I care. If he ever wins a Championship game I'm gonna quit football or something drastic that's how much I do not like this guy or his team. He should quip some smart *** comment to Andre Johnson, that would be a pleasure to witness. :bananen_smilies046: