PDA

View Full Version : Man Enough

Californiachief
11-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I am man enough to admit Bowe proved me wrong for now. I guess my last statement was made out of frustration. For so many years we have great pieces but can never complete the puzzle. I hope Bowe can keep it up.:dt:

Chiefster
11-23-2010, 06:18 PM
I've found it useful, at times, not to post in the heat of frustration. :D

Californiachief
11-23-2010, 06:25 PM

I agree. Lesson learned.We have the best Organization in football. And cant win a playoff game.Let alone a championship. Just has not been the same since Derrick (passion).

Chiefster
11-23-2010, 06:32 PM
I agree. Lesson learned.We have the best Organization in football. And cant win a playoff game.Let alone a championship. Just has not been the same since Derrick (passion).

Agreed my friend. It may take a couple of seasons to build a playoff caliber team, or the playoffs could happen for us this year - one just never knows. The hardest thing to do sometimes is for a passionate fan to hold his/her tongue. :bananen_smilies046:

Californiachief
11-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Point taken. Just frustrated with the receivers we have had or lack there of. Sometimes you never know what Bowe you are gonna get. Not like we have had that many crappy QB's. We have had some pretty good RB. Cant wait till we put it together.

Chiefster
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Point taken. Just frustrated with the receivers we have had or lack there of. Sometimes you never know what Bowe you are gonna get. Not like we have had that many crappy QB's. We have had some pretty good RB. Cant wait till we put it together.

You and me both buddy. :chiefs:

You're one of many good Chiefs fans here; no need for apologies. :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
11-23-2010, 07:36 PM
I am man enough to admit Bowe proved me wrong for now. I guess my last statement was made out of frustration. For so many years we have great pieces but can never complete the puzzle. I hope Bowe can keep it up.:dt:

REP!!
:bananen_smilies046:

Pardon me y'all...I'm a bit pre-occupied in thought tonight, so hope I make sense with this opinion below, haha:

I agree Californiachief. This is what I've noticed in depth of others general changed behavior and therefore believe:

When we lost Derrick (RIP) we lost our heart...all of us, the loyal fan base, the team & coaches, the Chiefs organization. It has not been the same, not at all. It was often said by many back in the 90's when DT was still with us...by sports analysts, players, coaches, fans...that Derrick was the heart of the team. Well, it came to pass as being more true than many realized. He literally was the heart of the team, in many aspects.

I didn't note the same heart in the Chiefs of the Vermeil era. The offense was at times exciting & good, but that team heart was still missing, especially on the field and in the stands. Needless to say it was even more lacking during the Edwards era of Chiefs. I didn't notice it last season, that is until the last game against Denver in Denver...there was a glimmer of 'heart' among all.

Monday Night Football was the first time since the loss of Derrick...I felt 'heart' all around me...in the fans, in the team on the field, in the organization with their efforts to incorporate so much heartfelt Chiefs history into the design concept of the New Arrowhead. There will never be another Derrick Thomas (RIP), and I'm not sure if it's possible now for a player alone to bring 'heart' back to our Chiefs in every aspect. I've thought about it, and I can't seem to pin point why I'm sensing 'heart' returning to all aspects of the Chiefs. I can't grasp giving credit to any one particular player for 'heart' returning. I tend to believe it is a team effort of heart by all involved...fans, team, organization.

That said...Although I have a general opinion as to why, I'm never quite exactly sure why a particular player captures and inspires a fire in my Chiefs heart more than any other over the decades I've been a loyal Chiefs fan. I do know that for whatever reasons, Dwayne Bowe has brought a Chiefs fire back to my heart that's been missing since DT was on the field. I think part of it is I felt he was being over criticised, many only seeing the bad, never the good. I began noting last season when he'd drop or miss a catch, fans would boo him, but when he'd make a great catch the gratitude wasn't of fair equalness to the booing. That ticked me off, I saw it as being unfairly bias, he became an underdog. I'm a natural defender of the underdog if I see justified reason to believe & have faith in the underdog.

I'm very grateful to Bowe for inspiring a fire within me for a Chiefs player again...it feels good to once again have that Chiefs fire. I've not had an overwhelming desire to purchase a players jersey since DT's...but I do now, and will buy a Bowe jersey as soon as I can afford one. :D

GO CHIEFS!!!! GO BOWE!!!!

figcrostic
11-23-2010, 07:54 PM

Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and an even bigger man to learn from it. I'm trying to learn not to pre-judge people and after the game I am keeping my mouth shut, it has helped a lot on cutting down some stupid post.

Californiachief
11-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Well put. But to me Derrick didnt only bring the fire for the Fans and his team. The man was the flame for the community. If I remember correctly he is the only NFL player to be appointed the 832nd point of light by the president. Not forgetting about his Man of the year awards and more. In my opinion the greatest LB & person to play football.

Californiachief
11-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and an even bigger man to learn from it. I'm trying to learn not to pre-judge people and after the game I am keeping my mouth shut, it has helped a lot on cutting down some stupid post.

I agree. My second posting and it was a hicup. I take a pretty good beating out this was from SD and OAK fans:chiefs: . I am at the SD games and I go to the Blackhole. Im sick of being in CA and listeing to SD fans. Cant wait till we beat them on a more consistant bases.

reded
11-23-2010, 08:48 PM
REP!!
:bananen_smilies046:

Pardon me y'all...I'm a bit pre-occupied in thought tonight, so hope I make sense with this opinion below, haha:

I agree Californiachief. This is what I've noticed in depth of others general changed behavior and therefore believe:

When we lost Derrick (RIP) we lost our heart...all of us, the loyal fan base, the team & coaches, the Chiefs organization. It has not been the same, not at all. It was often said by many back in the 90's when DT was still with us...by sports analysts, players, coaches, fans...that Derrick was the heart of the team. Well, it came to pass as being more true than many realized. He literally was the heart of the team, in many aspects.

I didn't note the same heart in the Chiefs of the Vermeil era. The offense was at times exciting & good, but that team heart was still missing, especially on the field and in the stands. Needless to say it was even more lacking during the Edwards era of Chiefs. I didn't notice it last season, that is until the last game against Denver in Denver...there was a glimmer of 'heart' among all.

Monday Night Football was the first time since the loss of Derrick...I felt 'heart' all around me...in the fans, in the team on the field, in the organization with their efforts to incorporate so much heartfelt Chiefs history into the design concept of the New Arrowhead. There will never be another Derrick Thomas (RIP), and I'm not sure if it's possible now for a player alone to bring 'heart' back to our Chiefs in every aspect. I've thought about it, and I can't seem to pin point why I'm sensing 'heart' returning to all aspects of the Chiefs. I can't grasp giving credit to any one particular player for 'heart' returning. I tend to believe it is a team effort of heart by all involved...fans, team, organization.

I cannot disagree with any of this and I'm man enough to admit that I did shed a tear when I heard of DT's passing that cold day on my way to work.

Perhaps it was because I knew that the Chiefs had lost their "heart", or maybe it was the fact that I would never again see one of the best players to ever wear a Chiefs uniform perform on the field. RIP Derrick Thomas..

Connie Jo
11-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Well, let me tell ya this...I personally attended the induction ceremony of Derrick Thomas in Canton, August 2009. I was so emotional when CP began his speech, that my friend who made the road trip with me asked if I was okay. I expected such emotion from myself, what I didn't expect was all the emotion from others in the crowd. Fans of other players being inducted, not DT...but they all knew DT. There wasn't a dry eye any where...grown men were wiping tears away as much as I was. I saw many of DT's fellow teammates & coaches present, Marty S. broke down more than I did.

When DT's ceremony was over, the entire audience stood in a standing ovation of honor. They didn't do that for any other player inducted, though probably should have, respectively...I did.

My friend went with me for my sake, she wasn't a Chiefs fan then. She only knew about DT through my telling her about him on the drive. She noticed all the emotion in the crowd and was in awe, and there was no doubt in her mind that DT must have been one great NFL player and person to thousands, Chiefs fan or not...they were all DT fans that day. ♥

Boxermm187
11-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Drunk for that matter too. not a good drunk when the Chiefs lose:toast2:

Connie Jo
11-23-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm a happy beer buzzer, regardless. Beer is feel good liquid when the Chiefs lose...makes the pain easier to swallow chasing it with beer, hahaha.

Boxermm187
11-23-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm a happy beer buzzer, regardless. Beer is feel good liquid when the Chiefs lose...makes the pain easier to swallow chasing it with beer, hahaha.
lol. It's just that i have to hear it from EVERYBODY i know. It is kinda hard when my wife and I are the only Chiefs fans down here.

Lazeye
11-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I think that Haley given his first chance to be the leader after following his rich history of football has brought the heart back to Arrowhead. The man is on a mission and has brought the old style of football back "toughness" the million dollar players nowdays are so weak, look at brodie he would have been laugh at back in the old days of football. I remember deberg standing on the field getting his finger put back into place and playing the rest of the game. Our players are being groomed the old ways and I am heppy for that.

Pro_Angler
11-24-2010, 12:05 PM
for me a couple games removes just a tiny bit of doubt.. he has stunk it up for 2 years now give me 2 years of PB type play first!

Drunker Hillbilly
11-24-2010, 12:52 PM
for me a couple games removes just a tiny bit of doubt.. he has stunk it up for 2 years now give me 2 years of PB type play first!
What do ya know, another positive post from our friend Pro Complainer!:ninerssuck:

Chiefster
11-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Drunk for that matter too. not a good drunk when the Chiefs lose:toast2:

Always a volatile combination.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-24-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm on his ignore list so this should not bother him!!!! He He He

Chiefster
11-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm on his ignore list so this should not bother him!!!! He He He

Isn't "ignore" a wonderful feature? :D

Drunker Hillbilly
11-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Isn't "ignore" a wonderful feature? :D
One more back handed comment like that and you will be on mine buddy!:D

hersheybar1957
11-24-2010, 02:52 PM

He has dropped 3 passes... Not bad compared to last year. He also is catching to passes for his coach! He is stronger this year and faster. One heck of a great year knock on wood. And yes I was one also not knocking on wood but on Bowe

Chiefster
11-24-2010, 10:18 PM
One more back handed comment like that and you will be on mine buddy!:D

:lol:...My luck's changing for the better every day. :D

figcrostic
11-24-2010, 10:56 PM
:lol:...My luck's changing for the better every day. :D

:lol: sometimes you really crack me up.

Chiefster
11-25-2010, 05:38 AM
:lol: sometimes you really crack me up.

Me too. I've thought of removing all the mirrors in my house; it just isn't good for my ego. :D