PDA

View Full Version : Tamba Hali

chief31
09-17-2006, 08:38 PM
That Tamba Hali sure does know how to play this game. Loved watching him. He is very diciplined as a defensive end. Early in the game, the Donks ran a reverse to his side, when the RT let him go, he knew, immediately, that something was up. He was all over the reciever, as soon as he got the ball.

Great play for a rookie.

And, who saw the replay on the facemask penalty they called on him? That was ridiculous! First off, he never touched the guys facemask. Secondly, the penalty flag was in the air before he came close to touching the guy.

I don't know why the flag was thrown, but it wasn't for what was called.

Guru
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM
That was the one Denver Homer call that happened in this game.

Oh, and the pass interference that wasn't called in the 4th when TG had to run over a player to get to the ball.

and no, I don't blame the officials for this loss.

chief31
09-17-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm with you on the thought of not blaming the refs. But the Hali facemask flag was in the air before he made contact with the ballcarrier.

Simply baffling.

Guru
09-17-2006, 08:56 PM
chief31 wrote:
I'm with you on the thought of not blaming the refs. But the Hali facemask flag was in the air before he made contact with the ballcarrier.

Simply baffling.

Yes it was. What ticked me off on that call is that it was a 15 yarder. He grazed it, not grabbed it. Should have been a 5 yarder at most. Like I said, it was the homer call.

Chiefster
09-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Sounds like the Donks did a good job of lining somebody's pockets.

Guru
09-18-2006, 01:12 AM
Chiefster wrote:

But of course. His nam is Shanarat. But you already knew that. :hammer:

Chiefster
09-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

But of course. His nam is Shanarat. But you already knew that. :hammer:

Yeah, you're right; I did know that. :lol:

kenny1937
09-19-2006, 01:59 AM
It looked like a phantom facemask to me, but hey Ali knocked out what's his name with a phantom punch last century and we all know that ref's make no mistakes, anyway enough of the small talk, the ref's did not lose this game for us, we lost this game for us, by making a slight shift in his offence scheme, Shanarat out coached Herm and caused the defense to look as puzzled as Herm did in one of the sideline video shots, and they allowed the Donk's to get into field goal position three times, just enough to beat us 9-6, because we could not maneuver our offence into field goal position at all in the crucial period in the fourth quarter, but enough crying over this game, we have a bye week, (thank goodness) coming up and maybe we can do something about the offense, (hopefully) before our next challenge. GO CHIEF'S!

:pint: :cry:

Chiefster
09-19-2006, 02:40 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
It looked like a phantom facemask to me, but hey Ali knocked out what's his name with a phantom punch last century and we all know that ref's make no mistakes, anyway enough of the small talk, the ref's did not lose this game for us, we lost this game for us, by making a slight shift in his offence scheme, Shanarat out coached Herm and caused the defense to look as puzzled as Herm did in one of the sideline video shots, and they allowed the Donk's to get into field goal position three times, just enough to beat us 9-6, because we could not maneuver our offence into field goal position at all in the crucial period in the fourth quarter, but enough crying over this game, we have a bye week, (thank goodness) coming up and maybe we can do something about the offense, (hopefully) before our next challenge. GO CHIEF'S!

:pint: :cry:

Agreed, I thought Herm looked totally lost; completely out of his element.

kenny1937
09-19-2006, 01:06 PM
And since we could possibly lose in the bye week also, we need to start a "Official Bye Week Thread", thinks so?
GO CHIEF'S!!!!

:pint: :pint: :pint: