PDA

View Full Version : Chris Berman just gave props to the Chiefs!

hermhater
09-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Chris Berman just said we have to remember the other 5 teams that won after going 0-2.

Said we can't forget them and then started showing baseball highlites.

Sigh...

m0ef0e
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Madden had some good stuff to say about our defense last night during the Bears - Cowboys game.

GoDJGoDJ
09-24-2007, 04:38 PM
It's kind of frustrating when they don't show all the highlights. Inside the NFL does that too. I wish they'd do less yakking and show more highlights. There's a lot of waste on those shows.

Chiefster
09-25-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm so glad that the era of disrespect is now finally over. :rolleyes:

royalswin100games
09-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Berman needs to retire. Thanks for the kind words but give it up. E$PN needs to fire Stuart Scott as well.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Berman needs to retire. Thanks for the kind words but give it up. E needs to fire Stuart Scott as well.

JAWS needs to retire. He was dissing LJ all day on ESPN.

He even bothered to come and do it on PTI!

What an a$$!!!!

royalswin100games
09-25-2007, 12:20 AM

What an a$$!!!!

I don't know if you saw Jaws and Dick team up to do commentary last year but it was excellent. He does need to retract any statements made about LJ though, I agree.

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 12:22 AM

What an a$$!!!!

sorry....posted it twice...internet problem.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 12:23 AM
I don't know if you saw Jaws and Dick team up to do commentary last year but it was excellent. He does need to retract any statements made about LJ though, I agree.

He was just doing it because Dick was his coach in Philly.

He is d!ck otherwise.

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 12:24 AM

What an a$$!!!!

why do you take offense to this?

#1. LJ deserves this because of his performance from the first 3 games.

#2 LJ deserves this because he isnt a team player in the first place, he is in it for himself. I bet he didnt even get any satisfaction from that win, since HE didnt play good. it is about him, not the team.

#3 he deserves whatever they said about him on tv because he is an overpaid, overrated runningback.

I am a Herm/Larry hater. let that be known. i like CHIEFS PLAYERS....not individual players that happen to be wearing a chiefs uniform.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 12:25 AM
and why do you have a problem with anyone dissing LJ.

#1, he deserves it for his play.

#2 he deserves it because of who he is. an overpaid, overrated runningback.

I thought we had been over this before. NOONE gets grabbed in the back field 3 yards deep by 3 guys and makes yardage.

LJ is being stopped by HERMS play calling.

Everyone on the field, in the stands, on the sidelines, or even at home knows what play is coming 99 percent of the time.

A good coach mixes it up by using his talent all over the field, that allows the other players the ability to not be double and triple teamed by the defense.

royalswin100games
09-25-2007, 12:26 AM
and why do you have a problem with anyone dissing LJ.

#1, he deserves it for his play.

#2 he deserves it because of who he is. an overpaid, overrated runningback.

You have to admire him calling out Herm in front of everyone though.

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 12:28 AM
I thought we had been over this before. NOONE gets grabbed in the back field 3 yards deep by 3 guys and makes yardage.

LJ is being stopped by HERMS play calling.

Everyone on the field, in the stands, on the sidelines, or even at home knows what play is coming 99 percent of the time.

A good coach mixes it up by using his talent all over the field, that allows the other players the ability to not be double and triple teamed by the defense.

the man has only had 1 DECENT RUN IN ALL 3 GAMES (the one that there was a holding call)

yeah he hasnt had the best o line....but he should still have at least a FEW good runs this year. HE HAS NOTHING. HE IS NOTHING. I realize the play calling is bad, all the other problems....but damn, get at least ONE GOOD RUN. They O-Line isnt the Bad News Bears. You can only make so many excuses...and your excuses will run out as more games are played...and play calling is corrected, and he is still underperforming.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 12:28 AM
You have to admire him calling out Herm in front of everyone though.

I have admired him since he got to KC.

There was no reason to take Priest out (even though I was telling everyone that LJ was a better runner, I was glad to see how much LJ learned from watching Priest wait for blocks) and put LJ in, so he got a little pissed.

I don't think the diaper comment was necessary by Dick, but he learned how to deal with head coaches.

Way to stand up to someone who is killing your team LJ!

hermhater
09-25-2007, 12:30 AM
the man has only had 1 DECENT RUN IN ALL 3 GAMES (the one that there was a holding call)

yeah he hasnt had the best o line....but he should still have at least a FEW good runs this year. HE HAS NOTHING. HE IS NOTHING. I realize the play calling is bad, all the other problems....but damn, get at least ONE GOOD RUN. They O-Line isnt the Bad News Bears. You can only make so many excuses...and your excuses will run out as more games are played...and play calling is corrected, and he is still underperforming.

Well if you keep saying that then you are completely missing my point.

Even I could tackle LJ with the help of Canada and m0ef0e if we knew he was getting the ball.

IT IS THE PLAY CALLING!!!!!

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Well if you keep saying that then you are completely missing my point.

Even I could tackle LJ with the help of Canada and m0ef0e if we knew he was getting the ball.

IT IS THE PLAY CALLING!!!!!

i know what you are saying....you think if they DO start changing the plays up...where the defense no longer knows if we will pass or run....that LJ will start performing well.

that is where i disagree. I dont think LJ is good. I was saying that last year, when he did have an O-line.

but....only time will tell if I am right or you are right. the playcalling WILL BE FIXED. Tony Gonzalez wont let that #$# playcallign go on...he will go public, verbally abusing edwards if this continues.

so time is going to tell, once we get the playcalling down, if LJ is the real deal. I sure as hell dont think he is. But we willl keep this debate going throughout the season. I hope I am wrong. I dont think i am.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 12:39 AM
i know what you are saying....you think if they DO start changing the plays up...where the defense no longer knows if we will pass or run....that LJ will start performing well.

that is where i disagree. I dont think LJ is good. I was saying that last year, when he did have an O-line.

but....only time will tell if I am right or you are right. the playcalling WILL BE FIXED. Tony Gonzalez wont let that #$# playcallign go on...he will go public, verbally abusing edwards if this continues.

so time is going to tell, once we get the playcalling down, if LJ is the real deal. I sure as hell dont think he is. But we willl keep this debate going throughout the season. I hope I am wrong. I dont think i am.

Dude didn't you see all those tackles he broke last year and the year before in the open field?

He got 2nd in the league rushing two straight years and only one of them was he a starter for a full season and LT broke all kinds of records last year.

If you don't think he is good what is your definition?

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Dude didn't you see all those tackles he broke last year and the year before in the open field?

He got 2nd in the league rushing two straight years and only one of them was he a starter for a full season and LT broke all kinds of records last year.

If you don't think he is good what is your definition?

well, his performances were a facaud cause that o-line AT THE TIME made backs "look good" whether they were or not. when you have a free pass by the D-line....it isnt hard to break tackles against the smaller players in the secondary. that is how i see it. i dont see anything at all special about this LJ guy, only an oversized head that somehow fits into the helmet of his.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 12:53 AM
well, his performances were a facaud cause that o-line AT THE TIME made backs "look good" whether they were or not. when you have a free pass by the D-line....it isnt hard to break tackles against the smaller players in the secondary. that is how i see it. i dont see anything at all special about this LJ guy, only an oversized head that somehow fits into the helmet of his.

He was running over Linebackers as well as safeties, and cornerbacks!

Could you run over them? I doubt it and neither could 3/4 of the other running backs in the league.

Don't you at least love his passion?

Even is he is arrogant why do you hate him so much?

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 12:58 AM
He was running over Linebackers as well as safeties, and cornerbacks!

Could you run over them? I doubt it and neither could 3/4 of the other running backs in the league.

Don't you at least love his passion?

Even is he is arrogant why do you hate him so much?

the reason i hate him is what i am telling you, i dont think he is good at his position. but again...this isnt a debate that can be solved until a few more games are played at least...if not till after the entire season. but as more games are played, we will see who is right.

again, i hope i am wrong. and what passion? i dont see passion to win. i see passion for him to get attention on sportscenter. passion because he yelled at herm? that isnt hard to yell at a coach. i cursed my coach out in high school (basketball). that was easy. i was pissed at him so i did it. it takes nothing at all to do that.

<edit> and no i couldnt run over anyone in the nfl. i am 5'8" 160 lbs. I would be lucky to pass as a kicker in the nfl. BUT i COULD do what LJ has done so far this year. maybe even average a couple more yards, cause i am very mobile....then again, i would be retired after the 1st time someone got a good hit on me...so FINE i couldnt do what LJ is doing this year.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 01:05 AM
the reason i hate him is what i am telling you, i dont think he is good at his position. but again...this isnt a debate that can be solved until a few more games are played at least...if not till after the entire season. but as more games are played, we will see who is right.

again, i hope i am wrong. and what passion? i dont see passion to win. i see passion for him to get attention on sportscenter. passion because he yelled at herm? that isnt hard to yell at a coach. i cursed my coach out in high school (basketball). that was easy. i was pissed at him so i did it. it takes nothing at all to do that.

<edit> and no i couldnt run over anyone in the nfl. i am 5'8" 160 lbs. I would be lucky to pass as a kicker in the nfl. BUT i COULD do what LJ has done so far this year. maybe even average a couple more yards, cause i am very mobile....then again, i would be retired after the 1st time someone got a good hit on me...so FINE i couldnt do what LJ is doing this year.

Didn't mean to get personal but I have been watching this guy and if the stats don't speak for themselves then I don't know how good of a scout you are but I see talent.

He did it last year without Roaf, and HERM actually passed the ball last year.

This year he pretty much told the press his game plan and then did it.

That is not good coaching for your players.

Ask Bellicheat.

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 02:29 AM

Ahhh...short...that explains everything. :yahoo: :yahoo:

hermhater
09-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Ahhh...short...that explains everything. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hey guy it happens to the best of us.

Check out m0ef0e's first picture on his gameday pics section.

I am the shortest there (5'8") and Canada is a monster dude.

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 03:08 AM
Hey guy it happens to the best of us.

Check out m0ef0e's first picture on his gameday pics section.

I am the shortest there (5'8") and Canada is a monster dude.

Deep breath...meditate...Canada is a normal dude. (I'm 6'2" about 280)...anything less than that is short and/or scrawny...:D

Seriously though I was just trying to be funny...

hermhater
09-25-2007, 03:14 AM
Deep breath...meditate...Canada is a normal dude. (I'm 6'2" about 280)...anything less than that is short and/or scrawny...:D

You are always funny dude.

Seriously though I had the ability to be NFL caliber, just couldn't see over the O-Line.

Being short does not help an QB get into the NFL (and apparently can't help Grossman) when you can't see the receivers.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 03:15 AM

Seriously though I had the ability to be NFL caliber, just couldn't see over the O-Line.

Being short does not help an QB get into the NFL (and apparently can't help Grossman) when you can't see the receivers.

Used to call me Soap-on-a-rope because of my throwing abilities and the slippery hands of my receivers (when I hit them).

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 03:17 AM
Used to call me Soap-on-a-rope because of my throwing abilities and the slippery hands of my receivers (when I hit them).

yeah...sure that's why they called you that...

Seriously though I've read all the posts currently on the board...if you were seriously looking for some info or something I missed it...

hermhater
09-25-2007, 03:23 AM
yeah...sure that's why they called you that...

Seriously though I've read all the posts currently on the board...if you were seriously looking for some info or something I missed it...

Totally confused by that post, but I respect you and will just assume you were saying I was too small for football.

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 04:13 AM

Well I was tall enough and big enough, but unfortunately not talented enough. I was more of a baseball guy growing up, but blew out my shoulder my senior year...never got the fastball back...

Chiefster
09-25-2007, 07:48 AM

I hear the state pin is brutal. :D

Canada
09-25-2007, 10:52 AM

I am 6'4" so I guess u are the short one!! :lol::bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
09-25-2007, 11:49 AM

How's LT doin? Steven Jackson? Last time I heard they were going to blow up this year too!! SD's line sucks and so does our! Tough to run when when your gettin close lined as soon as you get the ball.

DrunkHillbilly
09-25-2007, 11:58 AM

Your right bud, we should bench LJ and play Bennett all year! Let's see, the lines job is to create holes on running plays, the RB's job is to RUN THROUGH THEM!!

Do you think he had that many carries and yards last season because he sucks? Thw whole point of the fantasy thing is to get points. Do you think he was the 2nd or 3rd drafted because he was going to get no yardage or TD's?

LT, Jackson, Gore, Alexander and the list goes on, would not be able to thrive in this system with this line. Who should be running the ball for KC?

m0ebr0
09-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Another thing about LJ is he is not running with power. He put hits on peeps last year. This year he is just standing around waiting for the D to come in at him.

m0ef0e
09-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Another thing about LJ is he is not running with power. He put hits on peeps last year. This year he is just standing around waiting for the D to come in at him.

With the way our o-line is now (no holes for the back), I think LJ would be better off running how he did earlier in his career when he took the hand-off, exploding into the pile at full speed. If your linemen don't want to push, run them over and hit the guy they are blocking.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 10:50 PM
With the way our o-line is now (no holes for the back), I think LJ would be better off running how he did earlier in his career when he took the hand-off, exploding into the pile at full speed. If your linemen don't want to push, run them over and hit the guy they are blocking.

I'm with you guy! If you're gonna run it up the middle then RUN it up the middle!

m0ebr0
09-25-2007, 11:15 PM

LJ got good about following blocks more but the blocks arent commin now. So he needs to push the life if the O-line doesnt.

luv
09-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Who's Chris Berman?

hermhater
09-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Who's Chris Berman?

The voice of ESPN, longtime host of Sportscenter etc...

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Who's Chris Berman?

chris berman is basically the grandpa of espn. he has been around since the beginning.

i agree about johnson needing to just run straight forward, dont wait (or expect) blocks, and just push against the o line and everyone, power the scrum forward.

i am saying...for now. hopefully blocking gets better, but he needs to just RUN STRAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE, wait for no one.

m0ef0e
09-25-2007, 11:34 PM
chris berman is basically the grandpa of espn. he has been around since the beginning.

i agree about johnson needing to just run straight forward, dont wait (or expect) blocks, and just push against the o line and everyone, power the scrum forward.

i am saying...for now. hopefully blocking gets better, but he needs to just RUN STRAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE, wait for no one.

a.k.a - RUN ANGRY!!!!

C'mon LJ, I know you can!! I've seen it! :yahoo:

CHIEFS over frightening dolts, Sunday, 31-14! LJ gets 110+ and 2 TD's!!!! LT will do something as well but the CHIEFS are about to start surprising people!!

hermhater
09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
a.k.a - RUN ANGRY!!!!

CHIEFS over frightening dolts, Sunday, 31-14! LJ gets 110+ and 2 TD's!!!! LT will do something as well but the CHIEFS are about to start surprising people!!

Way to call it guy!

McLovin
09-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Had to jump in on this one. I have followed LJ since before he was a Chief. I have said and still say that LJ is a much better back and more of a football player then Tomlinson (he isnt LT Lawrence Taylor is LT). The reason that LJ blows up at anyone is because he is frustrated. I was starting to think that I wrote the playbook in the first half of the Vikes game cause I called a lot of the calls the same. Run Pass Run Kick. If Edwards doesnt trust Huard enough to let him pass he needs to pull him. If he doesnt trust Croyle or the other backups then he needs to go get a QB he does trust. But making the game plan so obvious isnt helping anyone. The Vikes were stacking the box with 8 almost every play. Until Bowe and Gonzo got involved they didnt respect the pass so they didnt have to block it. Change it up make them fear the deep shot, if Damon doesnt have the arm to get the respect bench him he is a great backup if we need him (I think Huard did pretty good 2nd half when he was allowed to open up a little) Make them fear the run then ram it down their throat with LJ. Get that going, keep the D off the field some(D is doing fairly good anyway), and get some Touchdowns and the Chiefs will be feared once again. BTW LJ has more knowledge and background with football then prolly any 3 backs in the league. I will elaborate if anyone would like.
LJ is the Man and a great CHIEFS player otherwise he would have left for the first thing smoking a couple years ago.

m0ebr0
09-25-2007, 11:46 PM
a.k.a - RUN ANGRY!!!!

Like I said before, he needs to just go at this point if the O doesnt give him a whole make one.

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Had to jump in on this one. I have followed LJ since before he was a Chief. I have said and still say that LJ is a much better back and more of a football player then Tomlinson (he isnt LT Lawrence Taylor is LT). The reason that LJ blows up at anyone is because he is frustrated. I was starting to think that I wrote the playbook in the first half of the Vikes game cause I called a lot of the calls the same. Run Pass Run Kick. If Edwards doesnt trust Huard enough to let him pass he needs to pull him. If he doesnt trust Croyle or the other backups then he needs to go get a QB he does trust. But making the game plan so obvious isnt helping anyone. The Vikes were stacking the box with 8 almost every play. Until Bowe and Gonzo got involved they didnt respect the pass so they didnt have to block it. Change it up make them fear the deep shot, if Damon doesnt have the arm to get the respect bench him he is a great backup if we need him (I think Huard did pretty good 2nd half when he was allowed to open up a little) Make them fear the run then ram it down their throat with LJ. Get that going, keep the D off the field some(D is doing fairly good anyway), and get some Touchdowns and the Chiefs will be feared once again. BTW LJ has more knowledge and background with football then prolly any 3 backs in the league. I will elaborate if anyone would like.
LJ is the Man and a great CHIEFS player otherwise he would have left for the first thing smoking a couple years ago.

LT is freeking amazing. ill bring back some youtube links in a second. but he literally (last year) made people who were not blocked miss completely and he could cut on a dime.

m0ef0e
09-25-2007, 11:52 PM

Like I said before, he needs to just go at this point if the O doesnt give him a whole make one.

Eggsactly! :yahoo: Eat it Chiefster! :lol:

timsatt1
09-26-2007, 12:10 AM
LT is freeking amazing. ill bring back some youtube links in a second. but he literally (last year) made people who were not blocked miss completely and he could cut on a dime.

YouTube - LaDainian Tomlinson - 2006 31 Touchdown Season

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Eggsactly! :yahoo: Eat it Chiefster! :lol:

Heh! I'll thank you, sir, to leave me out of your your pornographic fantasies. :11:

m0ef0e
09-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Heh! I'll thank you sir to leave me out of your your pornographic fantasies. :11:

Whoa... Hold on now... What did i just walk into?!??!?

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 12:46 AM

Heh!:lol:

Be sure to wipe you feet.

m0ebr0
09-26-2007, 12:47 AM

Who knows...

hermhater
09-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Who knows...

Sounds like a good time to me!:sign0098:

chief31
09-26-2007, 11:31 AM

That's insane. Then what happens is that the O-linemen get tired of some jerk-off slamming into their backs and start getting out of the way. That works great for creating team "chemistry".

The fact is that if the opposing defenses are going to overoald "the box", then try something other than slamming directly into the defense. That would be called play-calling.

Larry doesn't appear to be "running angry", because he isn't running. He is getting hit in the backfield. Before you can "run angry", you have to get the football. Otherwise, some really bad things will happen. (Fumbles.) Then, before you can start running, you have to try to brace for the hit, that is already upon you.

I have had a much lesser opinion of L.J.s skills than most, for awhile, now. But, I have yet to find anything to complain about wiith him, this season, aside from the fact that he got over-paid. Also, not his fault.

I distinctly remember telling several people that Johnsons numbers would be very pedestrian this year. And that that is why I wanted to see the Chiefs trade him.

But, no. "Why would we get rid of the only offense that we have?" Because it RETIRED, already. Roaf and Shields (combined with a great supporting cast of O-linemen) were the Chiefs offense.

Not that I think that L.J. is going to have it this rough, all year. Eventually, Herm will have to release his death-grip from the offense and let it get going. Then, once the passing game starts to become established, the running lanes will re-emerge, to some extent.

Unfortunately, I still doubt about Huards ability to perform behind our current group of pass-protectors. And even bigger doubts about Brodie Croyles chances of success with that bunch.

m0ef0e
09-26-2007, 12:49 PM
In all seriousness, the best way to get LJ going is to start lighting it up with the Tony G/DBowe combo, work in some draws, play-action, etc and then start cramming LJ down their throats once the opposing defense has to think about more than just stopping LJ.

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 03:25 PM
That's insane. Then what happens is that the O-linemen get tired of some jerk-off slamming into their backs and start getting out of the way. That works great for creating team "chemistry".

The fact is that if the opposing defenses are going to overoald "the box", then try something other than slamming directly into the defense. That would be called play-calling.

Larry doesn't appear to be "running angry", because he isn't running. He is getting hit in the backfield. Before you can "run angry", you have to get the football. Otherwise, some really bad things will happen. (Fumbles.) Then, before you can start running, you have to try to brace for the hit, that is already upon you.

I have had a much lesser opinion of L.J.s skills than most, for awhile, now. But, I have yet to find anything to complain about wiith him, this season, aside from the fact that he got over-paid. Also, not his fault.

I distinctly remember telling several people that Johnsons numbers would be very pedestrian this year. And that that is why I wanted to see the Chiefs trade him.

But, no. "Why would we get rid of the only offense that we have?" Because it RETIRED, already. Roaf and Shields (combined with a great supporting cast of O-linemen) were the Chiefs offense.

Not that I think that L.J. is going to have it this rough, all year. Eventually, Herm will have to release his death-grip from the offense and let it get going. Then, once the passing game starts to become established, the running lanes will re-emerge, to some extent.

Unfortunately, I still doubt about Huards ability to perform behind our current group of pass-protectors. And even bigger doubts about Brodie Croyles chances of success with that bunch.

Agreed; therein lies our biggest offensive deficit. As far as LJ running angry, I only made mention of that in way of making an observation; that being that he seems to run best with a chip on his shoulder.

anaeelbackwards
09-26-2007, 03:37 PM
LT & LJ -those are 2 great RB's!

i love LT! hes got such great skills and hes a great player on and off the field!

and idk some ppl just need to get off LJ's back. (mediawise)

stlchief
09-26-2007, 05:17 PM

This is sad, but true. Remember his first year - eveyrone was down on him for not waiting for the blocking to develop. Everyone said Priest was an artist for being patient while the linemen & t-rich went to work. Ahhhh. the good ol' days....

DrunkHillbilly
09-26-2007, 06:24 PM

I think we had this conversation about teams loading the box. Seems to have been the case so far. Maybe with Bowe coming along, that will subside a bit.

m0ebr0
09-26-2007, 10:33 PM
In all seriousness, the best way to get LJ going is to start lighting it up with the Tony G/DBowe combo, work in some draws, play-action, etc and then start cramming LJ down their throats once the opposing defense has to think about more than just stopping LJ.

Open up the pass so that the D has to cover everybody not just LJ.

Chiefster
09-27-2007, 12:18 AM
This thread is still alive???

Quick, someone kill it with some smilies! :D

anaeelbackwards
09-27-2007, 12:26 AM
This thread is still alive???

Quick, someone kill it with some smilies! :D

:mob:

DIE THREAD DIE!

:mob:

:beer::drunkhb: