PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Cassel thread

matthewschiefs
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:LzfRN_4U4b3gqM:http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/307921/Web%20posts/Cassel%207.png&t=1
He played great today. Anyone saying otherwise is just nitpicking.

Thank you Matt Cassel for a great game.

Also got to give love to D bowe.

Ryfo18
11-28-2010, 08:24 PM
I was 2 seconds away from starting this again! Haha. Cassel was phenomenal today. 4 TD passes, no INTs. More importantly, he was excellent on third down. Every time I look back on this game I think back to the 3rd down play where he read the blitz, changed the play at the line and hit Bowe on a slant for a big first down.

Let's not downplay Bowe's play either. He is in straight BEAST MODE.

loyalchief91
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Cassel and Bowe are playing real good football, got to give them props.

Chief Tyler
11-28-2010, 08:34 PM
More yards please Cassel.

Not good enough.

/end sarcasm

captainamerica
11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
It's official, I'm on the bandwagon! Cassel is the man. I'm glad I'm not the one in charge of the Chiefs personnel decisions. It's obvious that they know more than me or anyone else on here when comes to these kinds of things. Cassel and Bowe have both worked really hard this season and it's obviously paying off big for this team.

brdempsey69
11-28-2010, 08:45 PM
What's going to happen when they get DMC back? Good things, I hope. If they can just get all their people back healthy -- look out !!

Boxermm187
11-28-2010, 08:49 PM
It's official, I'm on the bandwagon! Cassel is the man. I'm glad I'm not the one in charge of the Chiefs personnel decisions. It's obvious that they know more than me or anyone else on here when comes to these kinds of things. Cassel and Bowe have both worked really hard this season and it's obviously paying off big for this team.
"bandwagon" yup all these nay sayers are come on board now.......if cassel has a bad game they will be right back off....I guarantee that!!

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Well...I wasn't a Cassel fan...and I'm not...YET. But if he can play at today's level for a few weeks in a row, then I sure will be. Today he showed that extra "something" that makes a good QB a GREAT QB.

Great job Cassel

Boxermm187
11-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Well...I wasn't a Cassel fan...and I'm not...YET. But if he can play at today's level for a few weeks in a row, then I sure will be. Today he showed that extra "something" that makes a good QB a GREAT QB.

Great job Cassel
LOL, to harsh on a guy who HAS a winning record and has amazing stats. I just wonder what else you people are looking for him to do??!! maybe Manning to morph to him or what?

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2010, 09:05 PM
LOL, to harsh on a guy who HAS a winning record and has amazing stats. I just wonder what else you people are looking for him to do??!! maybe Manning to morph to him or what?

He showed a lot today. No doubt. That block was fantastic. And he was reading the blitz real well, not locking on receivers and tucking it in and scrambling when he needed to.

He was great today!

Play like today for a few more games and I'll say he has the ability to be world class.

Boxermm187
11-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Patience is a virtue! I have been patient for the kind of WEEKS he has been playing! WAY TO GO CASSEL!!!

iratefan
11-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Bumping in here for a bit of perspective.

If Cassel was playing as well all season as he had played today, i dont think hed have as many 'haters' as he currently does.

This isnt a 'told you so' performance about Cassel's past accomplishments. This is a promising glimpse into his future potential.

I dont really know yet if cassel has the consistency to do this week in and out. if he DOES, then hed have my full support after he proves it. simple as that.

I dont like to hate cassel for the sake of being a hater. i get angry and frustrated with him because of his lack of judgement and accuracy in real life situations in-game which have been very costly.

But to end this with a bit of optimism, id like to be the first to say that after my serious discontent with him, im very happy to see his turnaround performance today and am hopeful about how he can perform in the future.

BTW - i think it should be duly noted that from some of the announcers commentary in previous games have indicated that the coaching staff has recognized cassel's shortcomings and have been working with him week after week to improve to be the QB hes shown us all that he can be today.

*edit* - also id like to comment on Bowe and the passing offense in general as well. What a turnaround since the beginning of the season, even at the 3-0 point. These guys have been working really hard the past few weeks to improve and i really respect that a lot. it gives me a lot more to be prideful about in my team :)

AkChief49
11-28-2010, 09:12 PM

....to the D. Seahawks had 22 yds. rushing!! banged up secondary got lit once or twice, but man, winning in Qwest stadium is nice!

Boxermm187
11-28-2010, 09:13 PM

Yes sir!

GarH
11-28-2010, 09:18 PM
I can't believe anyone would be on his case now. The continual improvement is so obvious. He almost never hurts the team and he shows improvement almost every week. He's going through his reads faster and his accruracy just keeps getting better.

Boxermm187
11-28-2010, 09:24 PM
I can't believe anyone would be on his case now. The continual improvement is so obvious. He almost never hurts the team and he shows improvement almost every week. He's going through his reads faster and his accruracy just keeps getting better.
YUP, Don't know what else people are asking for!

chief31
11-28-2010, 09:25 PM

Great job Cassel

He has.

So, he really has to be better than the best for you to become a fan?

Who on this team fits that description?

Bumping in here for a bit of perspective.

If Cassel was playing as well all season as he had played today, i dont think hed have as many 'haters' as he currently does.

This isnt a 'told you so' performance about Cassel's past accomplishments. This is a promising glimpse into his future potential.

I dont really know yet if cassel has the consistency to do this week in and out. if he DOES, then hed have my full support after he proves it. simple as that.

I dont like to hate cassel for the sake of being a hater. i get angry and frustrated with him because of his lack of judgement and accuracy in real life situations in-game which have been very costly.

But to end this with a bit of optimism, id like to be the first to say that after my serious discontent with him, im very happy to see his turnaround performance today and am hopeful about how he can perform in the future.

BTW - i think it should be duly noted that from some of the announcers commentary in previous games have indicated that the coaching staff has recognized cassel's shortcomings and have been working with him week after week to improve to be the QB hes shown us all that he can be today.

*edit* - also id like to comment on Bowe and the passing offense in general as well. What a turnaround since the beginning of the season, even at the 3-0 point. These guys have been working really hard the past few weeks to improve and i really respect that a lot. it gives me a lot more to be prideful about in my team :)

Cassel has been doing this all year. I mean, given a pair of games to get used to the offensive changes, he has.

He was the best QB in The NFL, for the past six weeks, before today's game.

Today was just a continuation.

Anyway, at least you have some window that he could get in through. I have seen so many comments of how "this team can never , etc.... etc... etc..., with Matt Cassel here.", or "Cassel will never...Etc...".

Those are the one's that really bug me, and they are the reason I am so loud in Cassel's defense.

By the way, everybody, "The Chiefs can't win on the road.":D

Coach
11-28-2010, 09:28 PM
This was Matt Cassel's best game as a Kansas City Chief. Let's hope he can continue playing this well.
MAJOR props to Dwayne Bowe as well!!! That guy is at the top of his game right now.

Bike
11-28-2010, 09:43 PM
This was Matt Cassel's best game as a Kansas City Chief. Let's hope he can continue playing this well.
MAJOR props to Dwayne Bowe as well!!! That guy is at the top of his game right now.
This was Cassel's best game as a Chief. He was checking off recievers, changing plays at the line of scrimage, and either throwing the ball away or taking off and running when there wasn't anything there. This is the Matt Cassel I have been waiting to see.

brdempsey69
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
The big difference today was Cassel looked like a real QB, not just a game manager. When the Chiefs needed him to step up & deliver, he got the Offense moving. He was reading the Defense well, not staring down receivers and throwing the ball well to the open spots.

AkChief49
11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
The big difference today was Cassel looked like a real QB, not just a game manager. When the Chiefs needed him to step up & deliver, he got the Offense moving. He was reading the Defense well, not staring down receivers and throwing the ball well to the open spots.
yes sir! 11-17 on 3rd down conversions! 15 passing 1st downs.

brdempsey69
11-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Here's a piece of trivia for you all & I'd love to see Cassel get his name on this list next week against Denver. The NFL record for TD passes in a game by a QB is seven (7). It's shared by 5 players -- Sid Luckman, Adrian Burk, George Blanda, Y.A. Tittle & the most recent was Joe Kapp of the Vikings on Sept. 28, 1969. I'd love to see Cassel get his name on the list next week against the Donkeys -- hey, he had 4 against them last time and 4 today against the Seahawks, so who knows?

chief31
11-28-2010, 10:56 PM

I saw him staring Bowe down alot. Same as any other game.

The results were the same too. Completions to Bowe.

I still don't see how throwing the ball to your primary target is a bad thing when it works.

:lol:

iratefan
11-29-2010, 12:10 AM

I still don't see how throwing the ball to your primary target is a bad thing when it works.

Yes, not a bad thing. when it works. The thing thats been different recently is that hes eyeing up receivers running quick routes with decisive attack points, rather than just eyeing one receiver running down field in double coverage for way too long, that is when it clearly doesnt work and should be discouraged.

Whomever it was that responded to my points making the argument that hes been 'doing this all year' clearly has not been watching the same football games i have been watching. Passes today were accurate, on time, well placed and well paced (no lasers to a receiver only 5 yards away). Also his receivers have had a much higher catching percentage today than recently, which most likely reflects on all those points listed above (minus a few famous perfect throws in previous games that were just flat out dropped, but bowe's been working on that too!). The cassel i remember seeing just a few weeks ago was rushed, panicked, jittery, threw too hard, threw too high/overthrown.

The cassel we all saw today i think most people are commenting that its been his best game all year. this performance has not been par for the course in the past.

ill restate that im excited by this and am looking forward to Cassel to do really well in future games! last thing id want to have to do is have to go through the pains of trying to find a new go to QB because that can take several seasons perhaps longer. I hope he continues to be stellar and id really love if he started to turn some heads in the game and make some headlines as a reward.

Chiefster
11-29-2010, 12:13 AM
I think I responded appropriately in fig's thread regarding both Cassel and Bowe. :smile

chief31
11-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Yes, not a bad thing. when it works. The thing thats been different recently is that hes eyeing up receivers running quick routes with decisive attack points, rather than just eyeing one receiver running down field in double coverage for way too long, that is when it clearly doesnt work and should be discouraged.

Whomever it was that responded to my points making the argument that hes been 'doing this all year' clearly has not been watching the same football games i have been watching. Passes today were accurate, on time, well placed and well paced (no lasers to a receiver only 5 yards away). Also his receivers have had a much higher catching percentage today than recently, which most likely reflects on all those points listed above (minus a few famous perfect throws in previous games that were just flat out dropped, but bowe's been working on that too!). The cassel i remember seeing just a few weeks ago was rushed, panicked, jittery, threw too hard, threw too high/overthrown.

The cassel we all saw today i think most people are commenting that its been his best game all year. this performance has not been par for the course in the past.

ill restate that im excited by this and am looking forward to Cassel to do really well in future games! last thing id want to have to do is have to go through the pains of trying to find a new go to QB because that can take several seasons perhaps longer. I hope he continues to be stellar and id really love if he started to turn some heads in the game and make some headlines as a reward.

I repeat....

Cassel has been doing this all year.

Sure. He did some things even better today, than he had been doing.

But he has been getting the same results for awhile now. And he has been improving all year long.

This game is par for that course.

But if you have to 'save face' by claiming to have been right when he was proving you wrong before, in order to ease your criticism, then.... welcome aboard the bandwagon. :D

brdempsey69
11-29-2010, 12:43 AM

Actually on the 36-yard TD to Bowe, Cassel looked away from Bowe and froze the Safety and then came back to him. That was something that Joe Montana was a master at doing.

Chiefster
11-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Actually on the 36-yard TD to Bowe, Cassel looked away from Bowe and froze the Safety and then came back to him. That was something that Joe Montana was a master at doing.

...And, did you see the job Bowe did getting open? No way that wasn't going to be a TD.

brdempsey69
11-29-2010, 12:50 AM
...And, did you see the job Bowe did getting open? No way that wasn't going to be a TD.

Yes, Bowe put a nice move on the defender and beat him by at least 10 yards.

Three7s
11-29-2010, 12:53 AM
I know Bowe has been a monster, but I find it hard to believe that teams won't start double-teaming him soon. I'm shocked that it hasn't happened already.

When that happens, Tucker, McCluster when he gets back, and Moeaki have to step up and get it done. Also, yes, Cassel was moving the safeties nicely to help Bowe get open.

Chiefster
11-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Yes, Bowe put a nice move on the defender and beat him by at least 10 yards.

I, also, loved the way that Cassel is, seemingly, getting better at "feeling" the pressure. He let go of that pass a split second before the defender got to him, and I loved how mobile Cassel was today.

wilqb16
11-29-2010, 03:10 AM
He has.

Anyway, at least you have some window that he could get in through. I have seen so many comments of how "this team can never , etc.... etc... etc..., with Matt Cassel here.", or "Cassel will never...Etc...".

Those are the one's that really bug me, and they are the reason I am so loud in Cassel's defense.

I agree. Even if Cassel plays terribly, I hate hearing people say things like "he stole the Chiefs money", etc. I don't think there is any doubt this guy has worked his tail off to be the best he can be. After that, the chips have to just fall where they fall. If the guy were a Jamarcus Russel type, then I'd be all on board, but I think you have to give him the respect he is due for being a competitor and giving it his all.

It shouldn't have taken these result to earn that IMO.

For what its worth, Cassel is now on a pace for 32 TD passes...correct me if I am wrong, but I do think that would be a team record, wouldn't it?

GarH
11-29-2010, 04:28 AM
One of my favorite plays was when he ran down the field to block. Sure can't question his heart. I don't know if I want to see that too often though. We need him healthy.

OMGLadyGaga
11-29-2010, 07:27 AM
I agree with Iratefan's assessment that this is a "new" Cassel. Stats don't tell the whole story, not one bit. Look at Kyle Orton, Tony Romo, Fitzpatrick, Carson Palmer, etc's gaudy numbers but ultimately are putting up garbage time stats and altho look good on paper is an indication that their play when the game is in the balance is sub par.

Cassell on the other hand, despite the numbers being similar to all of his previous weeks TODAY looked better than he has all season. This has not been on par with the rest of the season thus far. He has been a game manager, a dont turn it over and check it down and punt, quarterback. Today? He was a bona fide playmaker! Audibles, reading defenses, hot route slants at the LOS, feeling pressure and moving slightly with his feet to avoid it, taking off and running almost immedietely when he sees that his recievers are covered. These are all things that cannot be measured by stats. He played like a true leader and playmaker for this team!

Need any more evidence? I dont look at stats or anything like that. Its meaningless to me, I just watch the games and base opinions based on what I see. And I dont know what their third down percentage was going into this game but having watched every snap of this NFL season I have never seen him be sooo effective converting first downs like he was today.

Watching the rest of the Chiefs games, everytime it was 3rd down I was already trying to calculate Colquitt's punt yardage to see where the other team would get the ball. Today it wasn't like that whatsoever! And he set the tone right off the bat, by coming out slinging it all over the field (Mainly to Bowe obv) but he came out with a much better mentality. As opposed to the "aww chucks lets rely on our run game on first and second down and not turn the ball over on third" mentality that he's had all throughout this season.

Another thing I noticed in THIS game specifically, is his looking downfield FIRST and pushing the ball up the field more. By throwing it longer than 15 yards. In the rest of the games you can tell that he gets rid of the ball so quick and its either a dump off to the RB's or a short pass to Moeki or a reciever running a short out pattern. Not even thinking about going down the field with his throws. This game was much much different and you can tell its because he is growing with confidence, not just in himself but also in Bowe due to his performances as of late.

Overall, he is heading in the right direction and have a ton of respect for Belichick, Haley and company;They saw something in this kid to give him a chance and who are we to argue with them?? He is not gonna be a guy that can go to any team and light it up, but we dont need that. Brady isnt that type of guy either, system quarterbacks only need to do well in the system that they run. And if Cassell can have a third of the success that Brady has had then im on team-Cassell. I have been since we picked him up and am very excited as to our future with him at the helm.

chiefnut
11-29-2010, 09:03 AM
I think his best pass was the one where he was rushed, ran out to his left and just before he got hit fired a dart to copper who fell backwards for the first down. it showed that he was learning and maturing. last year he would have taken the sack or thrown it away, but he found copper quickly and delivered a strike w/out hesitation. to me that one play showed he has become a good QB

brdempsey69
11-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I think his best pass was the one where he was rushed, ran out to his left and just before he got hit fired a dart to copper who fell backwards for the first down. it showed that he was learning and maturing. last year he would have taken the sack or thrown it away, but he found copper quickly and delivered a strike w/out hesitation. to me that one play showed he has become a good QB

+1

I wanna see Cassel use his mobilty more often & make plays -- like Rich Gannon used to do. That type of QB drives defenses insane & is the type of QB that wins championships.

figcrostic
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
"bandwagon" yup all these nay sayers are come on board now.......if cassel has a bad game they will be right back off....I guarantee that!!

People like you, make it hard for people to support Matt Cassel. People have been skeptical about the guy, he played awful last year. This year he started rough but has played very good recently. I'm on board with him now and this game showed me that he is evolving he's did things I didn't think he could do. I'm glad he is playing well, and I like many others questioned him I was wrong in not thinking he could get better but I was not wrong in questioning someone who had not proven himself and the fact that you act like a jerk and try to rub it in peoples faces makes then just wanna keep on not liking Cassel. Many people on here hated on Bowe and I have always believed in him, now the haters are less but that doesn't give me a right to dump on other fans.

Boxermm187
11-30-2010, 12:35 AM
People like you, make it hard for people to support Matt Cassel. People have been skeptical about the guy, he played awful last year. This year he started rough but has played very good recently. I'm on board with him now and this game showed me that he is evolving he's did things I didn't think he could do. I'm glad he is playing well, and I like many others questioned him I was wrong in not thinking he could get better but I was not wrong in questioning someone who had not proven himself and the fact that you act like a jerk and try to rub it in peoples faces makes then just wanna keep on not liking Cassel. Many people on here hated on Bowe and I have always believed in him, now the haters are less but that doesn't give me a right to dump on other fans.
Wow! I. didn't think that I had a great impact on people choosing on who to like or not. that is pretty funny! read what you put (on BOLD) dose'nt sound really childish? I am just saying that i am tired of people raging on Cassel who is doing his part and putting up numbers. over 2000 yards passing 22td and 4 int. i just cant believe how people HAVE been on his case. Now, if you go back to the beginning of this tread, you will see i was replying on a post that said they were jumping on the bandwagon. I am surprise that I can actually make a person dislike another by defending the guy.lol:lol:

figcrostic
11-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Wow! I. didn't think that I had a great impact on people choosing on who to like or not. that is pretty funny! read what you put (on BOLD) dose'nt sound really childish? I am just saying that i am tired of people raging on Cassel who is doing his part and putting up numbers. over 2000 yards passing 22td and 4 int. i just cant believe how people HAVE been on his case. Now, if you go back to the beginning of this tread, you will see i was replying on a post that said they were jumping on the bandwagon. I am surprise that I can actually make a person dislike another by defending the guy.lol:lol:

I don't think you opinon means anything but attacking people for admitting they were wrong is pretty low, what more do you want out of someone, act like a man not a boy. It's not easy change your mind and own up to being wrong especially when you have **** heads rubbing it in your face.

brdempsey69
11-30-2010, 01:34 AM
Fact is, many of us had legit concerns regarding Cassel, and rightfully so. Problem was the beating he took last year made a zombie out of him & he may only now be just recovering from it. And just because someone admits that they had the wrong judgement regarding Cassel does not make them a bandwagon jumper -- it means just that -- that they are admitting to an error in judgement.

And don't anybody call me a bandwagon jumper, because I was NOT one of the people who booed him at SF game like I heard so many people do when Cassel misfired on a couple of throws.

tornadospotter
11-30-2010, 02:26 AM
I still stand behind my statements. This was a make or break season for some players. So far, they are making. I am very happy with there progress.
As a long time Chief fan, that has endured over the years, QB's that not reached what we needed. Some that could, from my perspective, but was given up by the management. Trent Green is a QB that DV brought in, and I thought why, last game I had seen him play in, we the Chiefs buried him, so I had low expectations about him, look how he preformed for us. Yes I am a Cassel critic, but if he turns into the next Trent Green, I will be thrilled! He will have proven himself. I do not think that my expectations of his performance this season, is wrong, I said it was make or break. He is making so far.

OMGLadyGaga
11-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Agreed tornado! People here were holding Matt Cassell to an absurdly high standard. I only recently joined the board but Ive been lurking for a long time. And the comments about Cassell were just filled with negativity and unrealistic expectations. Really??? Why are we trying to compare him to Payton Manning, Tom Brady, etc? We are Chiefs fans! We should be comparing him to Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, etc.

Chiefster
11-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Agreed tornado! People here were holding Matt Cassell to an absurdly high standard. I only recently joined the board but Ive been lurking for a long time. And the comments about Cassell were just filled with negativity and unrealistic expectations. Really??? Why are we trying to compare him to Payton Manning, Tom Brady, etc? We are Chiefs fans! We should be comparing him to Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, etc.

...Rich Gannon, Joe Montana, Len Dawson???

wilqb16
11-30-2010, 04:47 PM
People have been skeptical about the guy, he played awful last year.

For me, I think this the reason why I have been so quick to defend Cassel.

In my mind, Cassel has improved over last season, but it isn't like he is suddenly a completely different player. I think everyone is playing better and the effect is that Cassel is looking better, too. So to stay he played "awful" last season is an overstatement. Did he make mistakes, miss throws, etc. Yes, but every QB does and he could always improve (which he has) no sure how this makes his play "awful".

I have not really reacted to the criticism of Cassel but the over-reactions. People saying things like"he stole the Chiefs money" or "He is a far less than average QB" or "He will never be any good". OK, in 2009 he had some accuracy problems and missed some open receivers, but he also had swiss cheese for pass protection, an new offense thrust on him right before the start of the season and like 50 passes dropped. It wasn't all Cassel.

I recently joined this board after posting and actually writing for another board for like 5 years. The reason why I left the other board was that members were literally wishing Cassel dead for the good of the team. To me, that is way too much, afterall, football is just a game and Cassel is someone's child and husband.

On thing I will say that I have enjoyed here is that what is being called a "Cassel hater" would have been a reasonable dissenter on the board I came from and I do rep anyone who is reasonable enough to see the improvement in Cassel and go back on things they have said!

Boxermm187
11-30-2010, 08:06 PM
I guess I have to say sorry if i offended anybody. I just got really tired of people (in general) on this board that would rag on Cassel.....even when he had a good game. I would never say anything before, but it does seem that every time he does good and then has a off game to follow, he is attacked. He is the Chiefs QB for time to come, so I knew he was not going to be (in the beginning) the way he has been now. I guess I just got tired of it. For some positive notes, Cassel got me on first place on my fantasy league.

BTW, I thought everybody was entitled to a opinion......and not being called a jerk or dick heads......come on bro practice what you preach. I did not insulted anyone directly, yet alone call them name....now who is a boy...enough said, lets drop it.

Boxermm187
11-30-2010, 08:09 PM
agree with you TOTALLY!

Boxermm187
11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
For me, I think this the reason why I have been so quick to defend Cassel.

In my mind, Cassel has improved over last season, but it isn't like he is suddenly a completely different player. I think everyone is playing better and the effect is that Cassel is looking better, too. So to stay he played "awful" last season is an overstatement. Did he make mistakes, miss throws, etc. Yes, but every QB does and he could always improve (which he has) no sure how this makes his play "awful".

I have not really reacted to the criticism of Cassel but the over-reactions. People saying things like"he stole the Chiefs money" or "He is a far less than average QB" or "He will never be any good". OK, in 2009 he had some accuracy problems and missed some open receivers, but he also had swiss cheese for pass protection, an new offense thrust on him right before the start of the season and like 50 passes dropped. It wasn't all Cassel.

I recently joined this board after posting and actually writing for another board for like 5 years. The reason why I left the other board was that members were literally wishing Cassel dead for the good of the team. To me, that is way too much, afterall, football is just a game and Cassel is someone's child and husband.

On thing I will say that I have enjoyed here is that what is being called a "Cassel hater" would have been a reasonable dissenter on the board I came from and I do rep anyone who is reasonable enough to see the improvement in Cassel and go back on things they have said!
Right on the head!

wilqb16
11-30-2010, 09:57 PM
...Rich Gannon, Joe Montana, Len Dawson???

I don't know that Gannon deserves to be lumped in with Montana and Dawson....

BTW - if we are waiting for the next Joe Montana, we may be waiting a long time. Greatest players in the history of the game (let alone greatest QB's) come along rarely (let me say, too that I know that this isn't the point you are making at all, I'm just saying...)

Doubt I'll see another player as great as Montana on any team, at any time in the rest of my life!

figcrostic
11-30-2010, 10:20 PM
I guess I have to say sorry if i offended anybody. I just got really tired of people (in general) on this board that would rag on Cassel.....even when he had a good game. I would never say anything before, but it does seem that every time he does good and then has a off game to follow, he is attacked. He is the Chiefs QB for time to come, so I knew he was not going to be (in the beginning) the way he has been now. I guess I just got tired of it. For some positive notes, Cassel got me on first place on my fantasy league.

BTW, I thought everybody was entitled to a opinion......and not being called a jerk or dick heads......come on bro practice what you preach. I did not insulted anyone directly, yet alone call them name....now who is a boy...enough said, lets drop it.

It's all good I know your a passionate fan, but just because someone leaves their neck out doesn't mean you need to go for the jugular. I didn't call you dick or a jerk, I was reffering to your actions. You don't seem to be a bad guy and I understand being sensitive about Cassel, but people are getting the message that he is becoming a good qb you won, no need to be insulting. We know we were wrong, we don't need our hands smacked after we admitted it.

figcrostic
11-30-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't know that Gannon deserves to be lumped in with Montana and Dawson....

BTW - if we are waiting for the next Joe Montana, we may be waiting a long time. Greatest players in the history of the game (let alone greatest QB's) come along rarely (let me say, too that I know that this isn't the point you are making at all, I'm just saying...)

Doubt I'll see another player as great as Montana on any team, at any time in the rest of my life!

Nobody expects Cassel to be Montana but it also doesn't mean he only has to be a little better then Croyle, but alas Cassel is looking damn good so no worries on my part.

matthewschiefs
11-30-2010, 10:26 PM

I have been frustrated with the hate on Cassel as well. Sometimes it seems that people feel that we score inspite of him when he throws a td pass. It is very frustrating at times.

And i sent a message to a person who said i was a troll when i took cassle late in my fantasy leagues. Just letting him no that Cassel is the one that beat him when we went head to head this week.:yahoo:

wilqb16
11-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Nobody expects Cassel to be Montana but it also doesn't mean he only has to be a little better then Croyle, but alas Cassel is looking damn good so no worries on my part.

For what its worth, my only complaint about Croyle is that he just can't stay healthy (you know the word jinxed gets thrown around a lot these days).

I actually think if Croyle could stay healthy and get a change he could be a really great QB also. I think his arm is actually stronger than Cassel's. However, I do think he lacks some of Cassel's moxy and obviously can't stay healthy...

He is very involved in the game as a backup, which I like. I am going to bet he will be a heck of an OC someday...

Boxermm187
11-30-2010, 10:50 PM
It's all good I know your a passionate fan, but just because someone leaves their neck out doesn't mean you need to go for the jugular. I didn't call you dick or a jerk, I was reffering to your actions. You don't seem to be a bad guy and I understand being sensitive about Cassel, but people are getting the message that he is becoming a good qb you won, no need to be insulting. We know we were wrong, we don't need our hands smacked after we admitted it.
Cool we all good bro! we are all chiefs family!lol:bananen_smilies046:

Boxermm187
11-30-2010, 10:53 PM
I have been frustrated with the hate on Cassel as well. Sometimes it seems that people feel that we score inspite of him when he throws a td pass. It is very frustrating at times.

And i sent a message to a person who said i was a troll when i took cassle late in my fantasy leagues. Just letting him no that Cassel is the one that beat him when we went head to head this week.:yahoo:

lol, I picked him up 3 weeks agao. I had started him for the pass two weeks. so far so good!

figcrostic
11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
lol, I picked him up 3 weeks agao. I had started him for the pass two weeks. so far so good!

I contemplated picking him up but I got Vick off a waiver wire (some dummy dropped him after he got hurt).

chief31
11-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Fact is, many of us had legit concerns regarding Cassel, and rightfully so. Problem was the beating he took last year made a zombie out of him & he may only now be just recovering from it. And just because someone admits that they had the wrong judgement regarding Cassel does not make them a bandwagon jumper -- it means just that -- that they are admitting to an error in judgement.

And don't anybody call me a bandwagon jumper, because I was NOT one of the people who booed him at SF game like I heard so many people do when Cassel misfired on a couple of throws.

Legitimate concerns were often being voiced as denouncements.

Remember this? ...

Never said the Chiefs were going to get Rodgers or that we should go after a replacement for Cassel -- the Chiefs are stuck with him for the time being due to the large contract that they shelled out to him. I said that he's being paid Franchise QB type money and that he's not a Franchise QB -- you yourself said he's a developmental type. And you can dream of Cassel taking the Chiefs to the Super Bowl, but guess what? Not going to happen.

I think you are a very smart crowd member, and you seem to follow the rules here very well.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a helping of the ole crow, and saying "I was a bit of a dumb*** when I said that".

*** I think that name-calling is ok, if you are calling yourself names. ***

But you don't HAVE to actually call yourself any names, either. Just a suggestion. :lol:

No 'alas' needed. It's perfectly ok for you to enjoy our QB playing well. We've all earned that. :D

HAHAHA!!! Very nice. I bet you enjoyed the he** out of that? :chiefs:

figcrostic
12-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Remember this? ...

I think you are a very smart crowd member, and you seem to follow the rules here very well.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a helping of the ole crow, and saying "I was a bit of a dumb*** when I said that".

But you don't HAVE to actually call yourself any names, either. Just a suggestion. :lol:

No 'alas' needed. It's perfectly ok for you to enjoy our QB playing well. We've all earned that. :D

HAHAHA!!! Very nice. I bet you enjoyed the he** out of that? :chiefs:

Yeah I meant also, I'm not sad about it I was watching tv while typing.

brdempsey69
12-01-2010, 12:49 PM

Remember this? ...

Ok, let me rephrase, Cassel was not going to take the Chiefs to the Super Bowl playing the way he was at the time. He was more of a game manager at that time. But, playing the way he did against Seattle where he looked like a real QB, is another story. If he continues to play like that, then yes, he can take the team to the big dance.

Last Sunday, the game was riding on his shoulders going into the 4th QTR & he took the team into the end zone 3 times. That type of QB is what we've been waiting to see from Cassel, but you couldn't blame anyone for wondering if it was going to happen anytime soon -- but it did happen last Sunday. They let him come out throwing right on the first series, instead of run, run, pass, that we'd seen previously -- and it worked -- and that's great news because opposing defenses will not be able to get away with stacking the box at the start of games -- like Oakland & Denver did.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Cassel keeps up the great play he exhibited last Sunday, it's the best thing that can happen for the Chiefs -- his becoming a quality QB, like Trent Green did in his 2nd season -- and who wouldn't like to see the currrent Chiefs offense become as prolific as that one was -- the difference this time is much better Defense to go with it.

N TX Dave
12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Last Sunday, the game was riding on his shoulders going into the 4th QTR & he took the team into the end zone 3 times. That type of QB is what we've been waiting to see from Cassel, but you couldn't blame anyone for wondering if it was going to happen anytime soon -- but it did happen last Sunday. They let him come out throwing right on the first series, instead of run, run, pass, that we'd seen previously -- and it worked -- and that's great news because opposing defenses will not be able to get away with stacking the box at the start of games -- like Oakland & Denver did.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Cassel keeps up the great play he exhibited last Sunday, it's the best thing that can happen for the Chiefs -- his becoming a quality QB, like Trent Green did in his 2nd season -- and who wouldn't like to see the currrent Chiefs offense become as prolific as that one was -- the difference this time is much better Defense to go with it.

Amen to that the only thing that keep us from going to the big dance with Trent was the D. They could not stop a good team they could stop the bad teams but not the ones that get in the playoffs. My only concern about our current D is they have shown they are not good at stopping the deep pass and that is what teams will do to beat us.

brdempsey69
12-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Amen to that the only thing that keep us from going to the big dance with Trent was the D. They could not stop a good team they could stop the bad teams but not the ones that get in the playoffs. My only concern about our current D is they have shown they are not good at stopping the deep pass and that is what teams will do to beat us.

You are right about the Pass defense. A better pass rush will help. Plus, the young secondary needs to eliminate mistakes like the one that cost an 87-yard TD last Sunday. I would like to see the DB's get their hands on the ball more often, the way Travis Daniels did last Sunday, especially Eric Berry.

Ryfo18
12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
You are right about the Pass defense. A better pass rush will help. Plus, the young secondary needs to eliminate mistakes like the one that cost an 87-yard TD last Sunday. I would like to see the DB's get their hands on the ball more often, the way Travis Daniels did last Sunday, especially Eric Berry.

Talk about a guy making the most of his opportunity! He had 1, almost 2 picks, and only got his shot to play b/c Flowers was injured. I think it's safe to say he's earned himself a spot in some of the Chiefs' coverage packages.

N TX Dave
12-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Talk about a guy making the most of his opportunity! He had 1, almost 2 picks, and only got his shot to play b/c Flowers was injured. I think it's safe to say he's earned himself a spot in some of the Chiefs' coverage packages.
Yes he impressed me I had never heard of him and he played real good when he got the chance.

ctchiefsfan
12-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I haven't been a Cassel hater and I certainly haven't been a fan. But if he can play like he did last week for 10 to 14 games out of a season, then we have a world class QB in KC.

But first he has to prove that the last couple of weeks are the "norm" not the exception.

I sure hope so!