PDA

View Full Version : Who Are The Most Improved Players Thus Far?

Scout200
11-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Who has made a huge step from last year to this year and really become a big contributor to the team?

-Scout

Ryfo18
11-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Cassel/Bowe, Derrick Johnson

Chiefster
11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Sounds good to me.

pbatrucker
11-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Cassel, Alpert, Waters. Richardson/ OCallahan. DJ, Belcher, Dorsey, Carr. Hell everyone who was here last year is playing better this year. Part of that is hard work and the other part is all the new players brought in, both veterans and rookies. And don't forget the Coaches. All the new coaches have made a huge diffrence. And it looks like Haley will be like fine wine and get better every year.

Chiefster
11-30-2010, 02:59 PM
I love how Haley has everyone physically conditioned; we are playing at a higher level and most of all the "sixty minutes".

C Louie
11-30-2010, 03:10 PM
I think Derrick Johnson is the most improved Chief this year.

matthewschiefs
11-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Matt Cassel the way he has played this season compared to last is a HUGE step forward. And I hope to see more of that.

DJ is anther one to mention he has been great as well.

chief31
11-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Damn near the entire team.

But I would lean toward Cassel and Bowe.

Connie Jo
11-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Cassel, Albert, Waters. Richardson/ OCallahan. DJ, Belcher, Dorsey, Carr. Hell everyone who was here last year is playing better this year. Part of that is hard work and the other part is all the new players brought in, both veterans and rookies. And don't forget the Coaches. All the new coaches have made a huge diffrence. And it looks like Haley will be like fine wine and get better every year.

I agree...there are so many improved, basically the entire team! Add Bowe to the names mentioned above also!! :)

Chiefster
11-30-2010, 10:48 PM

THIS!

Lazeye
11-30-2010, 11:04 PM
The better thread would be "Which players and declined since last year" Chambers

matthewschiefs
11-30-2010, 11:08 PM
The better thread would be "Which players and declined since last year" Chambers

I think that Chambers runs away with that one. The guy got a new contract and then went missing. We can only hope that he shows up for the last few games.

figcrostic
11-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Matt Cassel for sure, there were a lot of question marks. We knew DJ was good, we knew Bowe was good, and we knew Charles was good, but Cassel had a good year with the Patriots then came to KC and stunk up the place last year this year he looks ten times better much improved.

chiefnut
12-01-2010, 11:27 AM
as much as it pains me to say this....1st Brandon Albert, 2nd Cassell, 3rd Bowe. you gotta figure that Alberts new found ability to protect Cassells blind side benefits both Cassell and Bowe.

go figure, who would thunk it

wolfpack
12-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Jackson probably by far! Oh, I on the wrong thead,I thought the biggest paid busts. Sorry.

matthewschiefs
12-01-2010, 12:18 PM
as much as it pains me to say this....1st Brandon Albert, 2nd Cassell, 3rd Bowe. you gotta figure that Alberts new found ability to protect Cassells blind side benefits both Cassell and Bowe.

go figure, who would thunk it

Its amazing what happens sometimes when a player is given time to develop inside of shipping him out or moveing him to a diffrent postion his first couple of years.

brdempsey69
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Cassel, Albert, Barry Richardson, Ron Edwards, Dorsey, DJ, & especially Bowe.

Lazeye
12-01-2010, 01:41 PM
The most improved AREA is the W-L ratio

chiefnut
12-01-2010, 02:56 PM

coach, has been our biggest upgrade, heyna or no?

KristofLaw
12-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Matt Cassel for sure, there were a lot of question marks. We knew DJ was good, we knew Bowe was good, and we knew Charles was good, but Cassel had a good year with the Patriots then came to KC and stunk up the place last year this year he looks ten times better much improved.

True. That could also be due to better chemistry between our new line though as well as more time with the system and coaches. No doubt his improvement has been substantial...

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Jackson probably by far! Oh, I on the wrong thead,I thought the biggest paid busts. Sorry.

What an absolutely worthless post.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Crawl back under your rock.

Most improved player to me has to be Derrick Johnson. Despite Bowe and Cassel playing at an extremely high level, I would say DJ has been the most consistently productive player who struggled last year.

From day 1 DJ has been playing like a new man. Bowe and Cassel didn't turn it on until a few games in.

Also, he isn't flashy enough to get noticed, but Glenn Dorsey deserves to be in the discussion.

N TX Dave
12-01-2010, 05:27 PM
I think it was the TEAM there is not just one person but everyone has stepped up. I can not think of very many other than CC that has not made progress and to say who has made the most would be unfair to the rest that have been working their tail off and getting better.

figcrostic
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM

LMAO

Scout200
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM

Very true! The entire team has improved tremendously. Also, Matt Cassel is proving to be one of most improved players at his position.

Chief Tyler
12-01-2010, 06:19 PM
From the beginning of the season to where he is now, Cassel has made by far the biggest leap. Last year he was a bottom tier starter and he didn't look much better early on. Nowow he's moving up the MVP charts? Pretty sick. I'm still not completely sold until he does it against top competition. Sandy is going to be a huge measuring stick.

Bowe, Johnson, Dorsey, Belcher, and Albert look like totally different players.

Here's to hoping Jackson can have a breakout season like Dorsey has had this year :(, because right now he looks like a wasted pick.

GarH
12-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Almost all of the players have improved, but if I had to pick three, it would be Bowe, Cassel and Dorsey.

Big Daddy Tek
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Its pretty tough to not go with Ron Edwards. Whether he is a stop gap or not, he looks like a different person out there and has played some great games.

I'll go with another unpopular one for my favorite addition too. That one goes to Shaun Smith. Pretty much signed a contract for squat and kicked Tyson Jackson to the bench.

These two journeyman have been huge surprises.

matthewschiefs
12-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Its pretty tough to not go with Ron Edwards. Whether he is a stop gap or not, he looks like a different person out there and has played some great games.

I'll go with another unpopular one for my favorite addition too. That one goes to Shaun Smith. Pretty much signed a contract for squat and kicked Tyson Jackson to the bench.

These two journeyman have been huge surprises.

I don't no if that's a good thing long term But he has played well. Hopefully Tyson can be among the most improved we are talking about next year.

Big Daddy Tek
12-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I don't no if that's a good thing long term But he has played well. Hopefully Tyson can be among the most improved we are talking about next year.

Dead right Matt. It's definitely not a good thing in the sense that we could really use a beastly Tyson Jackson in the near future.

You also have to think... Is Tyson not playing as much because he is bad, or is he not playing as much because Shaun Smith is a goliath right now. Hopefully its the second one.

matthewschiefs
12-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Dead right Matt. It's definitely not a good thing in the sense that we could really use a beastly Tyson Jackson in the near future.

You also have to think... Is Tyson not playing as much because he is bad, or is he not playing as much because Shaun Smith is a goliath right now. Hopefully its the second one.

I think anther thing might be Tysons injury Not sure that he ever got back to 100% after that. Hopefully this is just anther thing like DJ last year.

Big Daddy Tek
12-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I think anther thing might be Tysons injury Not sure that he ever got back to 100% after that. Hopefully this is just anther thing like DJ last year.

Im pretty sure Tyson is 100% right now, but similar to your DJ comparison, it seems that injured players fall into the Haley dog house rather rapidly. I don't know if I agree with it, but it certainly seems true.

tornadospotter
12-02-2010, 12:37 AM
I love how Haley has everyone physically conditioned; we are playing at a higher level and most of all the "sixty minutes".
This is the most impressive improvement over the beginning of last season.

Matt had me worried, at first this season, but he is growing by leaps every week, and he has taken the leadership of the Team. He has made the most improvement to me.

Absolutely, from that alone the team as whole improves from success. They Believe.

From the beginning of the season to where he is now, Cassel has made by far the biggest leap. Last year he was a bottom tier starter and he didn't look much better early on. Nowow he's moving up the MVP charts? Pretty sick. I'm still not completely sold until he does it against top competition. Sandy is going to be a huge measuring stick.

Bowe, Johnson, Dorsey, Belcher, and Albert look like totally different players.

Here's to hoping Jackson can have a breakout season like Dorsey has had this year :(, because right now he looks like a wasted pick.
I agree.
The one player that to me, is making the biggest impact, Tamba, then the defense as a whole.

pbatrucker
12-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Im pretty sure Tyson is 100% right now, but similar to your DJ comparison, it seems that injured players fall into the Haley dog house rather rapidly. I don't know if I agree with it, but it certainly seems true.

Rumor around Jackson County is that TJ gained 15 to 20 pounds while out injured and that is why he is in Haley's dog house. IMO he will be seeing more PT in the near futre.

Big Daddy Tek
12-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Rumor around Jackson County is that TJ gained 15 to 20 pounds while out injured and that is why he is in Haley's dog house. IMO he will be seeing more PT in the near futre.

I know that he had returned from his injury overweight, but I wasn't aware that he was still tippin' the scales.

Coach
12-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Great thread.
Most improved (offense): Matt Cassel

Most improved (defense): Derrick Johnson

Most Valuable Person: Romeo Crennel - He has made this defense fun to watch again for the first time since the 90's.

pojote
12-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I think the Cassel/Bowe duo had improved the most.
But if you look at Haley's professional background, you can understand why these two are in the focus right now.

chief31
12-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Great thread.
Most improved (offense): Matt Cassel

Most improved (defense): Derrick Johnson

Most Valuable Person: Romeo Crennel - He has made this defense fun to watch again for the first time since the 90's.

Most Valuable Person is pretty close, considering what Weiss has done to the other side of the ball in less than a year.

N TX Dave
12-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Most Valuable Person is pretty close, considering what Weiss has done to the other side of the ball in less than a year.

That is why I say you can't really pick one there have been so many improve by leaps and bounds that it is unfair to them to single out someone else which is a great position to be in.

:chiefs:

AussieChiefsFan
12-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Cassel and Bowe!