PDA

View Full Version : Puzzles...

luv
09-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't know about you, but here is how I put puzzles together. I look for all of the edge pieces. I try to get them put together in order to get the border in tact. Then I try to find key pieces. These are pieces that help make the rest of the puzzle go together that much easier. There are pices that help by being easy to tell where they go, and grouping them together. Then, of course, there's that one pesky piece that gets hidden or shoved under something. Once you get it into place, then the puzzle is complete. My grandmother used to take the puzzles that she really liked, and she would glue them together so she could display it.

Why on earth am I posting about puzzles in a Chiefs forum? I think it's the best way to analyze our teams progress so far. Let me explain.

The defense. These are our edge pieces. Once you get them put into place, you've got your boundaries set. They define our limits, and keep things together.

The key pieces. Those pices that make the rest of the puzzle come together. This would be players like Tony Gonzalez, Dwayne Bowe, and Larry Johnson. They open us up to options, thus getting the best fit and helping the other pieces come together more easily.

The grouping pieces. This is where I would bring in special teams. The ensure placement on the field for the key pieces.

That pesky missing piece. To me, that would be our QB. Damon has done a decent job this year. Once he learns how to more accurately hit his receivers and not throw the ball once he's crossed line of scrimmage, he'll be better. He's the player that needs to complete the puzzle and bring the whole thing together. This will be the job of whoever end up at that position permanently.

Finally, the glue. This would be our coaching staff. They must hold us together, and know how to properly display our pieces without showing through or gunking them up. They need to help the players shine and be ready for display.

Have we completed putting our puzzle together? Not quite. I think there's still a few edge pieces that need to be put together. The key pieces are ready to be put into place, but we need our special teams to help them get their placement. We've imporved our kicking, but we still need to be able to stop the return. QB? I have mixed feelings on the QB. Huard still seems to be geting adjusted. I just don't know how patient we should be before deciding that he's a straggler piece from a different puzzle, and that we need to focus finding the true missing piece. The coaching staff, in my opinion, is not doing the greatest job at holding the team together and enabling them to shine like they should. They are hindering players. Gunking them up by holding too tightly on the reins.

I think this puzzle could be a thing of beauty once a few things get fixed. Do we need new glue? Do we have our true missing piece? Does the edge have any holes? All of these questions will be answered in time. It just depends on how much time we want to give them.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Very good analogy.

Now if we could get you on the coaching staff that would be a step in the right direction!

m0ef0e
09-24-2007, 03:55 PM
WOW! Great post, luv. :sign0098:

luv
09-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Only two people liked my post? I worked hard on that. I know it sounds a little rusty, but it's a first draft. Give a girl a break, will ya?

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Good post...unable to get online until game time today

Coach
09-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Great post and analogy LUV! rep added.

stlchief
09-24-2007, 11:00 PM
It was good in a "Life is like a box of chocolates" kind of way...

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 11:12 PM
i liked it as well....but i forgot you are a woman....and women need to HEAR that it was good...cause that is how they are...so since y ou are a woman....i will go ahead and say it. good post.

luv
09-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Critiques? Seriously. Tell me what wasn't good. To general? Do I need to get more detailed? Was it to repetitive? Too elementary?

Chiefster
09-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Nicely done luv! The second to the very last paragraph didn't flow real well for me, but then again I'm tired and am not the best reader. For me it has always been the USA Today kind of articles that worked best; less is more, but, again, that is just me.

:sign0098:

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Nicely done luv! The second to the very last paragraph didn't flow real well for me, but then again I'm tired and am not the best reader. For me it has always been the USA Today kind of articles that worked best; less is more, but, again, that is just me.

:sign0098:

but it is only a good story because i am a chiefs fan, not because it is true that somehow we are going to put together this puzzle...as if we have all the pieces on this team to put together a "good team"

we are only good enough to POSSIBLY make the 1st round of playoffs and lose.

when there is still the existance of the colts and pats...that is just a world we live in where we simply cannot win it all.

but this year i am just pushing for that 1st round loss....that would be a successful season to me!!!

Guru
09-25-2007, 12:30 AM
We have been missing the KEY piece for years now. Other than Len Dawson, we have only had one difference maker at QB. Joe.

One could even argue against Lenny considering he was a lowly traveler for quite few years before finally putting things together at KC. He was even rocky with us.

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 12:32 AM
We have been missing the KEY piece for years now. Other than Len Dawson, we have only had one difference maker at QB. Joe.

One could even argue against Lenny considering he was a lowly traveler for quite few years before finally putting things together at KC. He was even rocky with us.

i thought the season we went 13-3, that we had a team that had a shot at winning it all.

we just ran into payton manning, thats all. that is life. but that team DID have a shot.

yes, defense sucked...but we still could have had it. what a great team that i will forever miss.

Chiefster
09-25-2007, 12:37 AM
i thought the season we went 13-3, that we had a team that had a shot at winning it all.

we just ran into payton manning, thats all. that is life. but that team DID have a shot.

yes, defense sucked...but we still could have had it. what a great team that i will forever miss.

The same could be said about us in "93" when we ran into Jim Kelly in the AFC Championship game.

m0ef0e
09-26-2007, 12:29 AM
I believe!

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 12:43 AM
I believe!

****Post deemed not to be MANCARD compliant****

That is all. :p

m0ef0e
09-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Shed my spleen and cry away!

Guru
09-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Get that R Kelly Space Jam crap outa here!!!! Do I need to take some mancards away?

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Get that R Kelly Space Jam crap outa here!!!! Do I need to take some mancards away?

I hereby resend my previous reply!

rbedgood
09-26-2007, 01:04 AM

I second that motion...

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 01:13 AM
I second that motion...

Motion carried! Next...

Guru
09-26-2007, 01:16 AM
We need some law and order around these here parts.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/09/28.jpg

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 01:33 AM
We need some law and order around these here parts.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/09/28.jpg

Tell him I said OWE!...

chief31
09-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Very good analogy.

Now if we could get you on the coaching staff that would be a step in the right direction!

I believe that this may have been written by someone on our coahing-staff. There is no mention of the offensive line, at all. Sounds like Herms idea to me.

:D

Aside from having forgot what I would condider to be the "edges", (Line play, offensive line and defensive line.) I thought you did a remarkable job here.:sign0098:

luv
09-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I believe that this may have been written by someone on our coahing-staff. There is no mention of the offensive line, at all. Sounds like Herms idea to me.

:D

Aside from having forgot what I would condider to be the "edges", (Line play, offensive line and defensive line.) I thought you did a remarkable job here.:sign0098:
Thanks. Like I said, it was a quick rough draft. I didn't really even go back and proofread it before hitting submit. I should have time this weekend to go back through and make some changes. Not really sure why I wrote it. It's not like I have anywhere to submit it except for here.

luv
12-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Wow, funny how time changes things, huh?

McLovin
12-08-2007, 12:58 PM

Not this specific song but R Kelly has helped me to get more then one woman to shed her clothes, and if that is not mancard material I dont know what is.

Although Johnnie Gill and Keith Sweat are far more masters at this task.

Canada
12-08-2007, 06:17 PM
The same could be said about us in "93" when we ran into Jim Kelly in the AFC Championship game.

Please do not EVER speak of this again. You have ruined my night.

Canada
12-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Not this specific song but R Kelly has helped me to get more then one woman to shed her clothes, and if that is not mancard material I dont know what is.

Although Johnnie Gill and Keith Sweat are far more masters at this task.

Them and a handful of roofies

Chiefster
12-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Please do not EVER speak of this again. You have ruined my night.
I promise to never again speak of the "93" AFC Championship game against Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills, where we lost Montana in the third quarter and failed to achieve victory with Dave Craig. Because, I know full well how painful the recollection of the "93" AFC Championship game is to many of us Chiefs fans and I don't wish to be insensitive to them by mentioning the "93" AFC Championship game, so you can count on me not to ever again mention the "93" AFC Championship game. Ok? :D

Canada
12-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I promise to never again speak of the "93" AFC Championship game against Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills, where we lost Montana in the third quarter and failed to achieve victory with Dave Craig. Because, I know full well how painful the recollection of the "93" AFC Championship game is to many of us Chiefs fans and I don't wish to be insensitive to them by mentioning the "93" AFC Championship game, so you can count on me not to ever again mention the "93" AFC Championship game. Ok? :D

Wow....at your age I am surprised you remember that!!

rbedgood
12-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Wow....at your age I am surprised you remember that!!

Of course he does...he can remember history without a problem. Ask him what he had for breakfast and you might have a problem.