PDA

View Full Version : Update on players.

Boxermm187
12-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Kansas City cornerback Brandon Flowers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11269) was limited Thursday with a hamstring injury that kept him out of Sunday’s game at Seattle. For Flowers to play Sunday against Denver, he’ll likely have to practice fully. Kansas City rookie receiver/returner/running back Dexter McCluster (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=13207) is expected to play Sunday after missing five games with an ankle injury. Kansas City has scored 102 points in the past three games. Denver cornerback Champ Bailey (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1758) said the Chiefs’ offense will be even more dangerous with the return of McCluster. “It just opens up their offense a little more,” Bailey said. “They can do a lot more tricks, a lot more misdirection things. (Dwayne) Bowe is going to get his one-on-ones, and I am sure that is what they are looking forward to.”

I am praying that Flowers plays, but it seems that he is not. Atleast, Dexter is coming back, that is great news. I really think the defense needs to stiffen up and we need to presser Kyle and cover the wide outs. I hope flowers starts Sunday.

#58ChiefsFan
12-02-2010, 09:55 PM
The 12th man will be on defense this week as well. I hope to see Flowers by the SD game.

josh1971
12-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Yes, if keeping Flowers out this week will bring him back for sure against the Chargers, I say we go without him this week.

But having McCluster back... well, that's just going to be all kinds of fun. You see... Denver didn't get to meet him a few weeks ago. So go on- stop Jamaal, and TJ... and Dexter, and Bowe... and Moeaki, and Shaun Smith...

This could be a fun game for guys like Verran Tucker. I could see where he could get forgotten by a defense looking to stop so many other weapons.

Good lord! Did I just say that about OUR offense? Woooo!

JB

Three7s
12-03-2010, 03:17 AM
I think I'm more worried about stopping them than scoring on them. I hope the pressure of having to score every time we have the ball isn't too much for the offense.

nigeriannightmare
12-03-2010, 08:59 AM
I think I'm more worried about stopping them than scoring on them. I hope the pressure of having to score every time we have the ball isn't too much for the offense.

Last year there was no real 12th man,it's gonna be loud and kyle orton is gonna crack under that pressure. We just can't let them score early I hope Romeo has learned from his mistakes that game. It's crap when an opposing qb talks about how clean his uniform is after a game....

ctchiefsfan
12-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Yes, if keeping Flowers out this week will bring him back for sure against the Chargers, I say we go without him this week.

JB

I'm with you on that. We really need Flowers to be 100% for the last 4 games and the playoffs. I think we can handle the Donks without him. I'd rather he got an extra week to heal up than risk reinjury in a game we can handle without him.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Ryfo18
12-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm with you on that. We really need Flowers to be 100% for the last 4 games and the playoffs. I think we can handle the Donks without him. I'd rather he got an extra week to heal up than risk reinjury in a game we can handle without him.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Worries me some...I mean you saw what Kyle Orton did to us without Lewis or McGraw. I have a feeling he would pick on Bates all day. The D is going to have to step it up.

chiefnut
12-03-2010, 10:55 AM
ortons' not gonna crack, he just needs to make one mistake[int] to allow us to take control and put it outa reach. if we take an early lead it should be over quick.

GlennBree
12-03-2010, 11:20 AM
What I wouldn't give to be at this game!!
I will be yelling all the way from Texas!!! ***GO CHIEFS***

Seek
12-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Flowers being out really really bothers me this week. The Broncos torched us in the passing game with him in. I know our corners did good last week without him, and I know it is a home game, but this really scares me.

kcvet
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
under pressure Orton is panic city. if we get to him i think we win this one. if not he'll pick us clean like a chicken's neck

SIC J
12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Flowers being out really really bothers me this week. The Broncos torched us in the passing game with him in. I know our corners did good last week without him, and I know it is a home game, but this really scares me.

Lewis and McGraw are nursing injuries as well.

buffman316
12-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I know that our team will be more awake for this bout with Denver, and it is also good to have MCcluster back for sure, but we need our secondary at as close to full strength as possible. Hopefully Flowers is ready, and hopefully McGraw and Lewis are there too!

pbatrucker
12-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Flowers was at practice, but did not partisipate in drills. So he will most likely not play Sunday. Lewis, Bates were mostly watching, so I doubt they will play much, if at all. Lilja was back with the 1st unit.

Ryfo18
12-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Looks like Bates is out. Flowers is questionable. Kendrick Lewis, Lilja, and Jon McGraw are all probably.

captainamerica
12-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I really hope we win this week, but for our season the San Diego game is much more crucial. If there's a decent chance that Flowers could re-injure himself, I'd rather sit him out this week so that he can be healthier for the Chargers game.

One thing is for sure, it's gonna be nice to have the Dex factor back. I'm glad he's coming back this week, so that he has a game to get back into playing mode and back to be acclimated to the speed of the game in time for San Diego. We shouldn't overlook Denver, but to me it could be San Diego or bust.

Boxermm187
12-03-2010, 08:32 PM
As of today...
Jackie Bates (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/players/jackiebates/profile?id=BAT106617)CBKneeDid Not Participate In PracticeOutBrandon Flowers (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/players/brandonflowers/profile?id=FLO296357)CBHamstringLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionableRyan Lilja (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/players/ryanlilja/profile?id=LIL261174)GFootFull Participation in PracticeProbableJon McGraw (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/players/jonmcgraw/profile?id=MCG634887)SHeadFull Participation in PracticeProbableKendrick Lewis (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/players/kendricklewis/profile?id=LEW430412)SAnkleLimited Participation in PracticeProbable

Boxermm187
12-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Where the chiefs are really hurting, this is not good news. the secondary has been beating up and that is not good news when they are playing a pass friendly offense that torched the secondary on the first game. Lets see what happens, but the defense better have a good game plan leading to this game.

Boxermm187
12-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Denver already ruled four players out for Sunday
OUT: S Brian Dawkins (knee); CB Andre Goodman (hip); WR Demaryius Thomas (ankle); S Darcel McBath (quadriceps)
should be interested

AkChief49
12-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I really hope we win this week, but for our season the San Diego game is much more crucial. If there's a decent chance that Flowers could re-injure himself, I'd rather sit him out this week so that he can be healthier for the Chargers game.

We shouldn't overlook Denver, but to me it could be San Diego or bust.
I agree SD is crucial, and that Flowers should rest since McGraw and Lewis are back, but all division games are really important. The only way we could breathe a little is if Oakland should beat the Bolts, are you willing to hang your hat on that one? It's crunch time. I'm wanting to see what this team is really made of down the stretch. And I always bet on red!:bananen_smilies046::chiefs::beat_DeadHorse:(b ad donkey!)

Boxermm187
12-04-2010, 04:02 PM
I really want the Denver game soooo bad.

pbatrucker
12-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Lewis was down graded today to doubtful.
Looks like we're going without Flowers and Lewis. Not good.

Boxermm187
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
not good what so ever. dang, that is a blow below the belt. now, lets see if the defense can get some stops, or the chiefs are going to meet their points with points of their own. should be a hell of a game though.:chiefs:

SIC J
12-05-2010, 12:31 AM

NFL.com shows Lewis listed as "Probable".

pbatrucker
12-05-2010, 12:41 AM
NFL.com shows Lewis listed as "Probable".
that was Fridays report. The Chiefs down graded him today (Saturday). As per BobGretz.com | Chiefs Football News and Updates - daily! (www.bobgretz.com) and Arrowhead Pride - Kansas City Chiefs Schedule, News, Roster and Stats (www.arrowheadpride.com) and wwwkcchiefs.com

brdempsey69
12-05-2010, 12:45 AM
What about John McGraw? He wasn't there in the game at Denver. It would be nice to have him back if Lewis can't go.

SIC J
12-05-2010, 12:52 AM
that was Fridays report. The Chiefs down graded him today (Saturday). As per BobGretz.com | Chiefs Football News and Updates - daily! (www.bobgretz.com) and Arrowhead Pride - Kansas City Chiefs Schedule, News, Roster and Stats (www.arrowheadpride.com) and wwwkcchiefs.com

Ah well thats not good news. And I've always said the secondary is the Chiefs weakest link.

On the bright side, the Broncos are having secondary issues as well and from what I saw, they don't really have anyone to play FS as well.

pbatrucker
12-05-2010, 08:25 AM
What about John McGraw? He wasn't there in the game at Denver. It would be nice to have him back if Lewis can't go.

McGraw will play.
For the record. The Chiefs are 7-1 in games that Lewis has played. They are 0-3 in games he has missed. I hope this trend stops today.