PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Win Keeps the Chiefs in first place.

Coach
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
The Chiefs offense looked pretty good in the 1st half, and was no where to be found in the 2nd half. The secondary showed up bigtime today. I have been a big critic of Brandon Carr, but today he was the best defender on the field. Way to go Brandon!

It was ugly, but I'll take another win. It's fun to be a Chiefs fan this year!!!!
:chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs:

70 chiefsfan70
12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Brandon Carr did have an outstading day!!! Good for him!

Yep it was an uggggggly win, but it looks better on our record than a game well played with a loss, like a couple of our earlier games this year.

I see us being and playing like a really young team and as they mature as players we should see some more consistancy.

Boxermm187
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Ugly win, but it is a win. at leased they showed that they can win those games.

josh1971
12-05-2010, 07:23 PM
2 More Sacks for Tamba! Let's send that guy to the pro bowl!

kcvet
12-05-2010, 07:39 PM
ugly loss for the bolts. we up by 2

SIC J
12-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Sure was. And the Chiefs got the better end of the stick with the ref making a bad call at the end. I guess what goes around comes around.

I think the Chiefs follow up next week with a strong performance against the Chargers and move to 1 win away of clinching the AFC West.

chief31
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
We took an elite passing attack, and branded an arrowhead on it's a**.

Some parts of the game weren't so great.

But the astonishing beatdown of that passing game shines through, far above all else, to me.

I think it is a beautiful win. :punk:

GlennBree
12-05-2010, 08:19 PM

But the astonishing beatdown of that passing game shines through, far above all else, to me.

WORD!!!
THIS IS EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!

Ryfo18
12-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I had my reservations about this game with Kendrick Lewis out and Flowers not 100%. Carr and the pass rush stepped up big time this week.

tornadospotter
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Yes! I would have loved to beat them with a lot, but this is a Win, and the Defense made it happen. Chiefs of old days.

Pro_Angler
12-05-2010, 08:41 PM
not to get off topic, but big Ben just had is nose jacked up.. its broke ..he came back in and they said it isnt broke..i sayy bs.. it was 2 inches over..lol.. I was like omg

OMGLadyGaga
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Im watching this Pitt/Bal game to kinda scout them out cuz we can definitely play them in the first round of the playoffs. Obv great defenses, they play physical but neither will wow you with their offenses. I dont see why we couldnt beat either of these teams to be honest.

KristofLaw
12-05-2010, 09:58 PM
It seems like week to week one area of our team shines or does better than other parts and others reveal faults. As we've seen though they can be corrected... As a mistake free team which is what Coach Haley seems to be designing, it would be great to see our team week to week firing on all cylinders mistake free.

SIC J
12-05-2010, 10:01 PM
It seems like week to week one area of our team shines or does better than other parts and others reveal faults. As we've seen though they can be corrected... As a mistake free team which is what Coach Haley seems to be designing, it would be great to see our team week to week firing on all cylinders mistake free.

Its rare that any team places mistake free week in and week out. But as long as the Chiefs have more positives then negatives (most importantly winning the game), then the Chiefs can go far.

KristofLaw
12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Its rare that any team places mistake free week in and week out. But as long as the Chiefs have more positives then negatives (most importantly winning the game), then the Chiefs can go far.

I know. That's kind of my point. :D It would be great to see the Chiefs achieve such a status though... Onward and upward.

chiefnut
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
it looke to me as though the lb's were backed off protecting the pass allowing moreno to rack up all those yds. it made our run D look bad in the stats but added a win in the standings.

garciakcfan
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
It was very ugly to watch. These were also the kinds of games we would have lost the past 3 years. Plus, Bowe was shut out and we still won with the running game. This is great!!!!

Coach
12-05-2010, 11:08 PM
It's amazing how much better of a mood I am in following a win over the Broncos. Great to see McCluster back on the field.

Connie Jo
12-06-2010, 12:16 AM
I didn't expect much from Cassel and Bowe today and this is why...

Champ Bailey is one of the most dangerous Corners in the NFL. This game was a very critical division game for the Chiefs. I think they felt they could win it without using Bowe much, knowing he would be covered up by Bailey. Passing today to Bowe would've brought a higher risk of interception turnovers.

SIC J
12-06-2010, 01:06 AM
it looke to me as though the lb's were backed off protecting the pass allowing moreno to rack up all those yds. it made our run D look bad in the stats but added a win in the standings.

I said early in the game that I will take Moreno racking up rushing yards over Orton getting yards through the air.

Chiefster
12-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Don't count the silver and black out. But ya.... I would feel good too with a 2 game lead.

This!

The Raiders definitely helped our cause today.

Pro_Angler
12-06-2010, 07:01 PM
they hit some runs cause we were playing pass 85% of the time..we shut the passing down!!!!

wilqb16
12-07-2010, 04:43 PM
they hit some runs cause we were playing pass 85% of the time..we shut the passing down!!!!

+1

I noticed that we had McGraw in at an ILB spot much of the game. Clearly we challenged them to stick with the run and they couldn't / wouldn't do it.

Personally, I thought it was a great adjustment by Crennel to force Denver to do what they didn't want to do. End result was 6 points and only 247 yards of total offense. In that scenario, I can care less that we gave up 161 on the ground.

4everchiefsfan25
12-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I love how are coaches can change a defensive and offensive scheme so drastically in just 15 days they really know what they are doing and im just excited to see the San Diego game.