PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Sippio?

jcp89
09-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Anyone heard anything on Sippio? Herm said he was going to play against the bears, and he never did (that I saw). That was the last I have heard about him for a long while and I was watching him on the sidelines the whole day at the game Sunday.

Will he ever play soon? I've heard so much hype about this guy and he hasnt played yet. He can't be worse than Webb or Parker

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 10:11 PM
With Bowe likely drawing a lot of attention after last week, I have to think anyone with Sippio's hands would be a great addition...he may not have the physical tools of Parker, but holding onto the ball is the key. (Ask Patrick Crayton!!!)

hermhater
09-24-2007, 10:12 PM
I hope they get him in there and split him out with TG, and DBowe!

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Note to Herm, there are multiple formations allowed on offense in football. In addition to your very creative I-form and single back sets with 1 or 2 TEs, you may want to incorporate sets that include 3-4 WRs spread out across the field. You may have a couple WRs not named Bowe who have difficulty catching the ball, but their presence near the sideline still forces a defender out their direction. Try it some time...have one of your coaches pull out their laptop and pull this website up for you...it actually explains the concept...

http://www.squidoo.com/spread-football-plays/

m0ebr0
09-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Note to Herm, there are multiple formations allowed on offense in football. In addition to your very creative I-form and single back sets with 1 or 2 TEs, you may want to incorporate sets that include 3-4 WRs spread out across the field. You may have a couple WRs not named Bowe who have difficulty catching the ball, but their presence near the sideline still forces a defender out their direction. Try it some time...have one of your coaches pull out their laptop and pull this website up for you...it actually explains the concept...

You mean to actually pass the ball? Thats unheard of for us. With LJ runnin sooooo well this year (ya right) who needs to pass?

stlchief
09-24-2007, 11:06 PM
You mean to actually pass the ball? Thats unheard of for us. With LJ runnin sooooo well this year (ya right) who needs to pass?

Please, please, please let it sink in to Herm that we can move the ball efficiently with a mix of pass / run (anything not predictable). We moved the ball against Houston in the 4th, Chicago in the 4th and Minnesota in the 3rd & 4th.

Let's start with some quick slants on Sunday!

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 11:06 PM

LJ is running fine...right into the wall with no holes that the O-line has created. Play-calling is the biggest factor. The O-line will struggle at best until they force the defense to respect the pass.

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 11:16 PM

yes, but this just isnt making any sense. if we spread things out and pick up more yardage, thus forcing us to get some 1st downs, then our time of possession will increase largely and we will lose precious time to be able to play defense, which is what wins championships. how can we play defense if we are on offense. you are confusing me. my brain is starting to hurt.

m0ebr0
09-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Please, please, please let it sink in to Herm that we can move the ball efficiently with a mix of pass / run (anything not predictable). We moved the ball against Houston in the 4th, Chicago in the 4th and Minnesota in the 3rd & 4th.

Let's start with some quick slants on Sunday!

I would love to open a game up passing jsut to se what Huard can really do.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 11:49 PM
yes, but this just isnt making any sense. if we spread things out and pick up more yardage, thus forcing us to get some 1st downs, then our time of possession will increase largely and we will lose precious time to be able to play defense, which is what wins championships. how can we play defense if we are on offense. you are confusing me. my brain is starting to hurt.

Don't worry HERM talks about the defense while the offense is on the field.

He's got it covered, my friend!

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 01:07 AM

Plausible solution, throw really deep, score touchdown in less than 30 seconds, get defense back on field?!

timsatt1
09-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Plausible solution, throw really deep, score touchdown in less than 30 seconds, get defense back on field?!

no that wont work. our defense only likes playing when they are down. they are not use to being up, or having points on the board for that matter, and i am afraid that all hell would break loose if we ever had a lead.

royalswin100games
09-25-2007, 01:14 AM
No No No No... Spread offense? That would just turn the Chiefs into an arena league team.

hermhater
09-25-2007, 01:16 AM
No No No No... Spread offense? That would just turn the Chiefs into an arena league team.

Didn't an Arena League QB win the Super Bowl a few years ago?

http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0000521.HTM

This article has alot to do with the Chiefs believe it or not.

Chiefster
09-25-2007, 01:18 AM

Your speaking of the DV era which is totally unacceptable for we must first have a defense that totally stinks to incorporate this game plan. You are taking the chiefs back into time not forward. :p

m0ebr0
09-25-2007, 01:00 PM
no that wont work. our defense only likes playing when they are down. they are not use to being up, or having points on the board for that matter, and i am afraid that all hell would break loose if we ever had a lead.

Does that mean we would turn into the 13-3 season again when we didnt have a D?

sling58
09-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Herm is scared to have to many weapons on O on the field at once. We might show signs of life and that is not how Herm wants to play ball.

McLovin
09-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I think I may be starting to figure this out. Herm is a defense minded coach. But ya think someone could tell him that just because defense is suppose to stop people from scoring points that maybe just maybe it would be good if our defensive coach allowed US to score points. He is even in defense against our offense. If there is passing and LJ is allowed to run without the box stacked the team would score points. Points bad defense good. You play to win the game, that is unless your defense doesnt score then you play to tie the game. Cant have those offensive points.

sling58
09-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I think I may be starting to figure this out. Herm is a defense minded coach. But ya think someone could tell him that just because defense is suppose to stop people from scoring points that maybe just maybe it would be good if our defensive coach allowed US to score points. He is even in defense against our offense. If there is passing and LJ is allowed to run without the box stacked the team would score points. Points bad defense good. You play to win the game, that is unless your defense doesnt score then you play to tie the game. Cant have those offensive points.

Herm has stated this fact but hasn't figured out how to make said statement true!

m0ebr0
09-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Herm has stated this fact but hasn't figured out how to make said statement true!

I can tell him how. Pass the ball. LJ cant run when you have 8 Dfensive players in the box. Make the D cover our recievers.

Chiefster
09-30-2007, 05:21 AM
Herm is scared to have to many weapons on O on the field at once. We might show signs of life and that is not how Herm wants to play ball.

Yeah that's it, he wants to fly low under the radar; you know, so low that not even the Chiefs themselves see them coming.

Smed1065
09-30-2007, 05:27 AM
This is not arena football.

Chiefster
10-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Sippio did a good job on ST today! I'd like to see him on on side and Bowe on the other.

Polleo Pit Man
10-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Sippio did a good job on ST today! I'd like to see him on on side and Bowe on the other.
I think that will be interesting. In due time!

McLovin
10-01-2007, 01:27 AM
I think that would be awsome, I dont know that Sippio is best used on Special Teams, He is best in traffic just like his cousin, D-Bo.

hermhater
10-01-2007, 01:46 AM
I think that would be awsome, I dont know that Sippio is best used on Special Teams, He is best in traffic just like his cousin, D-Bo.

Coaches in this league don't let players start at their position until they prove themselves on ST.

Every play in the NFL is worth gold, so they stick to the starters (who sometimes don't deserve to be) until a guy proves his physical abilities in a game. This usually happens on ST because they are put there because there is so much chance for injury and they don't wan to risk losing a starter in that posistion (although they seem to break their own rule and do that too).

Sippio will be in there and eventually Croyle (maybe next year) will tossing TD's to both of them like it was wedding rice!

I'm just so stoked today!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Chiefster
10-01-2007, 01:48 AM
I think that will be interesting. In due time!

Indeed; time will tell.

YZILLA
10-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Sippio got a tackle in the chargers game on a kickoff !

hermhater
10-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Sippio got a tackle in the chargers game on a kickoff !

That's what I'm saying!!!

If he can catch a kick returner he can catch a ball!!!

Put Sippio in and the oppositions defense won't know what to do against our offense!!!!
:sign0098::yahoo::yahoo::sign0098:

Chiefster
10-01-2007, 02:41 AM
That's what I'm saying!!!

If he can catch a kick returner he can catch a ball!!!

Put Sippio in and the oppositions defense won't know what to do against our offense!!!!
:sign0098::yahoo::yahoo::sign0098:

Eggsactly, who do you double up against Bowe or Sippio?

sling58
10-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Coaches in this league don't let players start at their position until they prove themselves on ST.

Every play in the NFL is worth gold, so they stick to the starters (who sometimes don't deserve to be) until a guy proves his physical abilities in a game. This usually happens on ST because they are put there because there is so much chance for injury and they don't wan to risk losing a starter in that posistion (although they seem to break their own rule and do that too).

Sippio will be in there and eventually Croyle (maybe next year) will tossing TD's to both of them like it was wedding rice!

I'm just so stoked today!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

I like the way you worded this phrase....GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!