PDA

View Full Version : future from outsiders perspective

b-dolo
12-07-2010, 05:17 AM
do not post here much, but have followed chiefs all year long. Being from out of state do not get all the chiefs talk someone from kc would. I would have to say if the chiefs are able to obtain a draft class like they were able to get the past year there is no reason why we would not be considered a super bowl contender next year, they made such a dramatic improvements overall this year, a few upgrades in certain areas and I think we can contend with all of the nfl elite for sure. IMO if the chiefs can add a pro bowl cb(shutdown) or wr(to complement bowe) and add some more depth at lb and ol, no doubt they can can beat any team in the NFL, your thoughts?

BigChiefTablet
12-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi. I like your attitude, but cornerback is just about the last position we need to improve. Try again.

Ryfo18
12-07-2010, 11:51 AM
do not post here much, but have followed chiefs all year long. Being from out of state do not get all the chiefs talk someone from kc would. I would have to say if the chiefs are able to obtain a draft class like they were able to get the past year there is no reason why we would not be considered a super bowl contender next year, they made such a dramatic improvements overall this year, a few upgrades in certain areas and I think we can contend with all of the nfl elite for sure. IMO if the chiefs can add a pro bowl cb(shutdown) or wr(to complement bowe) and add some more depth at lb and ol, no doubt they can can beat any team in the NFL, your thoughts?

Brandon Flowers is one of the best cornerbacks in the league. If Carr can play like he did against the Broncos next week on a week to week basis, we will have a pair of corners that are the best in the league. Arenas has also been impressive in coverage in nickel packages. I think we are set at cornerback.

I think the biggest areas to look at are WR and offensive line depth. I would also like to see another RB brought in that can take over for Thomas Jones after his contract is up in 2011. Someone who can run between the tackles to keep Charles fresh throughout the course of a 16 game season. I haven't paid a ton of attention, but it seems like Ron Edwards is getting the majority of the reps at NT. It would be nice to have another body so that we can rotate the NT's to keep them fresh to take on 2-3 blockers.

4everchiefsfan25
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
We really need a DE because Shaun Smith Ron Edwards and Glenn Dorsey are all NT, don't get me wrong they are doing a decent job filling wholes but they just don't have the speed to get to the quarterback. I would like to play a lot of defense where all we have to do is rush 3 and get pressure on the qb instead of having to scheme blitzes to get pressure. If we can get a DE that can help Tomba, that will make Tomba even better than he is now and that will help our secondary a ton, we may even have a shutdown secondary if we get that pass rusher.

Canada
12-07-2010, 12:43 PM
We need a pass rusher on the end for sure, but we do not have three NT on this team. Thank god Ron Edwards stepped it up this year or we would not have any.

4everchiefsfan25
12-07-2010, 12:47 PM
We need a pass rusher on the end for sure, but we do not have three NT on this team. Thank god Ron Edwards stepped it up this year or we would not have any.

well coming out of College they were nose tackles they just cant handle it in the 3-4 scheme in the NFL:drunkhb:

Canada
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
well coming out of College they were nose tackles they just cant handle it in the 3-4 scheme in the NFL:drunkhb:They arent big enough. I wold like to see us get a good NT this year in the draft.

4everchiefsfan25
12-07-2010, 12:55 PM
They arent big enough. I wold like to see us get a good NT this year in the draft.

Yes, I would like to see that too. Do you have any thoughts on who you would like the Chiefs to pick up? Coming into the draft next year im confident in Pioli and Haley to get the right people

Seek
12-07-2010, 12:57 PM
We saw what happens when a team shuts down Bowe.

We need another starting Wr. McCluster is not that guy. He is a gimmick guy,

We need another Offensive Tackle. I think Richardson has done far better than anyone expected but he is still average at best, plus there is no depth behind him.

Probably should look at Center. Wigman isn't young

We need a pass rushing OLB to replace Vrabel. I like Studebaker but his pass rush lacks what we need.

I would love to see a NT plug the middle. The Donkies were forcing us to use a safety as a line backer based on the personel they brought in and our Nose Tackle was getting beat leaving a safety as the MLB. That is why NOShow Moreno got 161 yards on us. Most of that was right up the middle.

Canada
12-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, I would like to see that too. Do you have any thoughts on who you would like the Chiefs to pick up? Coming into the draft next year im confident in Pioli and Haley to get the right people

I honestly dont really get enough college football coverage in Canada to make a really educated guess as to who are the better NTs. I learn a lot from the talk on the site here during the offseason and I trust in Pioli and company to make the right choices!!

whatwasthat?
12-07-2010, 02:25 PM
We saw what happens when a team shuts down Bowe.

We need another starting Wr. McCluster is not that guy. He is a gimmick guy,

We need another Offensive Tackle. I think Richardson has done far better than anyone expected but he is still average at best, plus there is no depth behind him.

Probably should look at Center. Wigman isn't young

We need a pass rushing OLB to replace Vrabel. I like Studebaker but his pass rush lacks what we need.

I would love to see a NT plug the middle. The Donkies were forcing us to use a safety as a line backer based on the personel they brought in and our Nose Tackle was getting beat leaving a safety as the MLB. That is why NOShow Moreno got 161 yards on us. Most of that was right up the middle.

we need more safety depth as well...berry, lewis, and mcgraw can all start but its a huge dropoff after that...luckily that can be acquired via FA

4everchiefsfan25
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
we need more safety depth as well...berry, lewis, and mcgraw can all start but its a huge dropoff after that...luckily that can be acquired via FA

I like Mcgraw but I think if we could pick somebody up in the FA thats better than Mcgraw that would be great because lets face it Mcgraw has been a career backup for the Chiefs accept for the last year or two

wilqb16
12-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I believe Kendrick Lewis is the future at FS, in which case I like McGraw as backup.

For what it is worth, BTW, I believe that Dorsey was a DT coming out of college, which is a big difference from a NT.

I think we need depth at NT, though. Edwards has played well, but I think we could use someone else, if possible, a real difference maker who would take more of the snaps than Edwards. I think Edwards has done better than I expected, but he has been in the league 10 years and isn't getting any younger.

I also think we need a center of the future as Wiegmann isn't young, either. I think another OT would be nice, too since we only have three on the roster. However, I don't know that we need a "difference maker" just depth.

While I don't agree that DMC is a "gimmick" player, I do think he is more of a slot guy and that we need another WR opposite Bowe. I would like to see us add someone there, as well. Frankly, I would really like to see us make a run at Fitzgerald. He has done nothing but say he wants to play for Haley again. Even if it costs us a #1 I think it would be worth it.

Finally, I think we need another OLB who is purely a rush guy in Vrabel's spot. I don't think we need an every down OLB (Studebaker can be that guy) but just a situational guy who can bring the heat.

Do that and coach up the guys we've got and I think we should be a Superbowl contender...we are darn close IMO!

2010chiefs
12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
WOW didn't know that about Fitzgerald. That would be amazing having him and Bowe. We definitley need another WR. GO CHIEFS!

chiefnut
12-08-2010, 12:17 PM
well coming out of College they were nose tackles they just cant handle it in the 3-4 scheme in the NFL:drunkhb:

actually the position NT is in the 3-4 alignment....DE-NT-DE
in the 4-3 there is no NT only 2 DE's and 2 DT's....DE-DT-DT-DE

they were DT's in college in 4-3 alignments which typically means they are 25lbs lighter and quicker with even faster DE's for pass rushing. in the 3-4 the NT has to be 325lb plus to occupy 2 or more offensive lineman with his large defensive ends there to fill and stuff the run. it's usually the linebackers job to be the speed pass rushers ie..Tamba Hali so we need a stout NT to occupy the middle and an upgrade at DE to add some push and help free up Tamba. another speed rush LB would also take some double teams off Tamba.:bananen_smilies046: