PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

Lazeye
12-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Is it possible in anyway for the chiefs to get a bye? I am not the best at this kind of stuff. I know we should get to play one at home as long as we take care of our end of the deal and win the rest of our games.
:chiefs3:

Canada
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Is it possible in anyway for the chiefs to get a bye? I am not the best at this kind of stuff. I know we should get to play one at home as long as we take care of our end of the deal and win the rest of our games.

Its possible but doubtful. We would have to overtake NE or Pit to get a bye.

4everchiefsfan25
12-07-2010, 01:07 PM

We probably wont get a bye, but im excited that if we win our division we will atleast have 1 home game

Seek
12-07-2010, 01:25 PM
we would have to win out and have Pittsburg lose two games and have the Ravens lose a game.

If the play offs were to start today we would be hosting the Ravens the first round and Jacksonville would get the Jets.

Lazeye
12-07-2010, 01:52 PM
we would have to win out and have Pittsburg lose two games and have the Ravens lose a game.

I know its doubtful but even Herm made it to the playoffs via luck. I was just thinking maybe we could get some more luck and pull out the bye which would be pimpin. The fact that we are going gets me excited and the fact that we may host one would be the shiznit.
"CHIEFS WILL"

Lazeye
12-07-2010, 02:05 PM
So in the fourth quarter we go 4-0 then I do see the ravens losing atleast one for sure and the steelers losing one for sure as well but not sure if they lose the second or not.
Ravens wk 14 @ Texans MNF (?) wk 15 Saints @ BAL (L) wk 16 @ Browns (W) wk 17 Cincy @ Bal (W)
Steelers wk 14 Cincy @ PIT (W) wk 15 Jets @ PIT (L) wk 16 Carolina @ PIT (W) wk 17 @ Browns (?L?)- I hope

Ryfo18
12-07-2010, 02:13 PM
This is a pretty cool "scenario" generator where you can pick different teams to win and it will tell you who makes it in and what seeds.

Based on playing with it quick, we have to win out and the Steelers have to lose 2 more games. Or we have to win out and the Patriots have to lose 3 more games, and the Jets have to lose 2 more games.

NFL - Playoff Scenario Generator- Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario)

SIC J
12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
This is a pretty cool "scenario" generator where you can pick different teams to win and it will tell you who makes it in and what seeds.

Based on playing with it quick, we have to win out and the Steelers have to lose 2 more games. Or we have to win out and the Patriots have to lose 3 more games, and the Jets have to lose 2 more games.

NFL - Playoff Scenario Generator- Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario)

So according to that link, even if the Chiefs were to lose to the Chargers, if they win the rest of their games, they automatically win the division. And if the Raiders or Chargers lose 1 of their remaining last 3 games, Chiefs automatically win the division as well.

I like the Chiefs chances!!!!

N TX Dave
12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
So according to that link, even if the Chiefs were to lose to the Chargers, if they win the rest of their games, they automatically win the division. And if the Raiders or Chargers lose 1 of their remaining last 3 games, Chiefs automatically win the division as well.

I like the Chiefs chances!!!!

No it is the old magic number thing which is 3 any combinations of Chiefs wins and tRaiders and dolts loses.

wilqb16
12-07-2010, 05:11 PM
No it is the old magic number thing which is 3 any combinations of Chiefs wins and tRaiders and dolts loses.

Yep...that's the way I have it.

matthewschiefs
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM

We first need to take care of getting into the playoffs then we can worry about a bye game.

kckidd8870
12-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Lazeye ,don,t count out the Browns .I think that they will beat the Ravens on there own home turf.I think that the texans and the Browns beat them and New Orleans and Cincinatti lose to them.We can guess all we wan't but all I know is that I want some home field atvantage for two games and have someone beat New england at home and maybe get a 3rd home game.It's not out of the picture yet.All we need is a lower seed team to beat them at home.I think anything is possible at this point.We wasnt even supposed to be talking about playoffs this year.As a Chiefs fan ,I never gave up hope.As long as there is a season to play ,I always think we have a chance.Go Chiefs

Lazeye
12-07-2010, 06:33 PM
As long as there is a season to play ,I always think we have a chance.Go Chiefs
I am the same way and within games too , as long as the clock dont read 00:00 I believe.

Lazeye
12-07-2010, 06:35 PM
We first need to take care of getting into the playoffs then we can worry about a bye game.
The thing is I needed to know what needed to happen first so I know what to ask santa for christmas. If I wait till the playoffs I wont get to ask santa. If you dont believe we are going to the playoffs at this point in the season this year well then I feel bad for you.:efpge:

AkChief49
12-07-2010, 11:36 PM
This!!! Right now we would host the 6th seed. which I believe is Baltimore. Last year we were 4-12 and to be even having this conversation about playoffs this year is mind boggling. But as Matthew stated, "we need to get in first".

70 chiefsfan70
12-08-2010, 07:45 AM

Oh how very true! Even teams with bad records can be tough to beat in the last part of the season, I remember a certain team with three wins going into a tough place to play in Denver on the last week of the regular season of the 09-10 season, and blew everyones mind. I don't see us having any easy wins left.

At the beginning of the year I thought we would have a very good chance on making the playoffs with 9 wins, thats not gonna happen, however we should still be able to make it,but it will take 11, wins to do it.

I could see the Rams and the Chargers being really tough teams to beat.

Coach
12-08-2010, 10:02 AM
First we need to concentrate on beating San Diego this weekend. That is paramount in terms of putting this division away.
Once we make the playoffs, we will be playing either Baltimore or NYJ at home. Those teams are very similar. Personally, I'd rather play the Jets. I think Sanchez is the most overrated QB in this league.
Either way, we will be playing a high-powered defense. Our offensive line needs to he healthy going into the playoffs. I think our defense matches up well with either team when they are healthy and playing at arrowhead.

4everchiefsfan25
12-08-2010, 11:02 AM
First we need to concentrate on beating San Diego this weekend. That is paramount in terms of putting this division away.
Once we make the playoffs, we will be playing either Baltimore or NYJ at home. Those teams are very similar. Personally, I'd rather play the Jets. I think Sanchez is the most overrated QB in this league.
Either way, we will be playing a high-powered defense. Our offensive line needs to he healthy going into the playoffs. I think our defense matches up well with either team when they are healthy and playing at arrowhead.

I have to agree with you I would want to play the Jets out of all of them because I don't think the Jets are all that good, especially on the road. Their road game record is good but I mean they should of lost to the browns, they went into OT with detroit. They beat a not so good miami team by 8. They beat a Bills team that was horrible in the beginning of the season. They barely beat Denver by 4 and then they got romped by New England Monday night.

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 01:40 PM

Yup! One step at a time.

matthewschiefs
12-08-2010, 03:16 PM
The thing is I needed to know what needed to happen first so I know what to ask santa for christmas. If I wait till the playoffs I wont get to ask santa. If you dont believe we are going to the playoffs at this point in the season this year well then I feel bad for you.:efpge:

I do believe that we are going to the playoffs. I had that in my season picks. I just will wait to see it happen before I get my hopes up. But I think we will take care of it in the next couple of weeks. :chiefs:

4everchiefsfan25
12-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I do believe that we are going to the playoffs. I had that in my season picks. I just will wait to see it happen before I get my hopes up. But I think we will take care of it in the next couple of weeks. :chiefs:

If we can beat San Diego I think by the end of the weekend we will lead the AFC West by 3 games because Jacksonville is starting to come on and they look tough. The Raiders are coming off a very high emotional game so I think this is a let down game for them so I hope the Chiefs can go to San Diego with their A game

Canada
12-08-2010, 04:50 PM
If we can beat San Diego I think by the end of the weekend we will lead the AFC West by 3 games because Jacksonville is starting to come on and they look tough. The Raiders are coming off a very high emotional game so I think this is a let down game for them so I hope the Chiefs can go to San Diego with their A game

They definitely played Denver with their B game so I hope they do too!!

Seattle Sun
12-08-2010, 10:37 PM

No.

If the Raiders lose 1 and KC only wins 2, and SD goes undefeated, SD wins the division.

Raiders aren't a big problem. They will lose one more. If they do, they are through.

If the 7 point fav Bolts win sunday, and then win out against 3 and 4 win teams, KC will have to run the table the last 3.

Oh, the Bolts have been in this situation before (2008) down 3 games with 3 to go.

This is a big game.

chief31
12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
No.

If the Raiders lose 1 and KC only wins 2, and SD goes undefeated, SD wins the division.

Raiders aren't a big problem. They will lose one more. If they do, they are through.

If the 7 point fav Bolts win sunday, and then win out against 3 and 4 win teams, KC will have to run the table the last 3.

Oh, the Bolts have been in this situation before (2008) down 3 games with 3 to go.

This is a big game.

None of that contradicts what Dave said.

Except "no.". Which is incorrect.

The 'magic number' theory is still dead-on.

If The Chiefs win three games, they win the division.

If The Chiefs win two games, while The Raiders and Chargers each lose one game, The Chiefs win the division.

If The Chiefs win only one more game, but The Raiders and Chargers each lose two each, The Chiefs win the division.

If the Chiefs do not win another game, but both The Raiders and Chargers lose three each, The Chiefs win the division.

Just like Dave stated, the magic number is 3.

Any combination of Chiefs wins and Chargers and Raiders(Both have to lose, for it to be counted.) losses equaling three, wins the division for The Chiefs.

Seek
12-09-2010, 05:34 PM
None of that contradicts what Dave said.

Except "no.". Which is incorrect.

The 'magic number' theory is still dead-on.

If The Chiefs win three games, they win the division.

If The Chiefs win two games, while The Raiders and Chargers each lose one game, The Chiefs win the division.

If The Chiefs win only one more game, but The Raiders and Chargers each lose two, The Chiefs win the division.

If the Chiefs do not win another game, but both The Raiders and Chargers lose three, The Chiefs win the division.

Just like Dave stated, the magic number is 3.

Any combination of Chiefs wins and Chargers and Raiders(Both have to lose, for it to be counted.) losses equaling three wins the division for The Chiefs.

If the Chargers lose this week they are out of the playoffs. Screw any other calculations. That is the only game we need to worry about now.

The best they could do after a Chiefs win on Sunday is tie us at 9-7 and we would win the head to head tie breaker because we beat them twice.

Pro_Angler
12-09-2010, 05:47 PM
we win this week we are in we lose we are out..plain and simple.

N TX Dave
12-09-2010, 05:55 PM

No not really we are in over the dolts but not the tRaiders if we win this week and lose the last three and the tRaiders win out they will win.

Ryfo18
12-09-2010, 06:20 PM

That makes absolutely no sense...Even if we lose this week we can win out. The Rams, Titans, and Raiders are 3 games we can certainly win.

Chiefster
12-09-2010, 06:25 PM
That makes absolutely no sense...Even if we lose this week we can win out. The Rams, Titans, and Raiders are 3 games we can certainly win.

Exactly.

Lazeye
12-09-2010, 06:46 PM
LOL I started this thread to find out one thing, is it possible we could get a bye. I all ready know how bad it could be for us and that is to not get in. I just wanted to see how good it COULD be. Now I am reading all this other jive which I know threads change alot but now its sounding kind of negative. I have faith in our team and like I said one time before Haley and Co. will not be denied, Clark brought in a winning staff and that is just what they are going to do, most thought we would not do this good this year but that gos to show that Haley and Pioli know what they are doing. I have no worries or stress we ARE going to the playoffs!!!...Period

matthewschiefs
12-09-2010, 06:54 PM

We can lose this game and still make it. We don't have a tough road ahead. The Rams are overachiveing because of the weak divison that they are in. The titians seem to be falling apart and the Faiders we can beat them at home. But a win this week would give us a chance to clinch the AFC west next week at the rams. Seeing that I think the faiders are going to lose to the jags this week.

SIC J
12-09-2010, 08:29 PM
We can lose this game and still make it. We don't have a tough road ahead. The Rams are overachiveing because of the weak divison that they are in. The titians seem to be falling apart and the Faiders we can beat them at home. But a win this week would give us a chance to clinch the AFC west next week at the rams. Seeing that I think the faiders are going to lose to the jags this week.

I agree. With a win against the Chargers, 1 more win and a Raider lose clinches the AFC West. Even with a loss, winning the next 3 games would clinch as well.

There's still many different possibilities.

tornadospotter
12-09-2010, 10:01 PM
If we lose we can still make the play offs and win the division, but I would prefer that we just not take any chances. I want us to win out and go into the playoffs with momentum on our side.

KristofLaw
12-11-2010, 03:38 PM
NE Patriots (10-2); (8-2 conf.)
NY Jets (9-3); (7-2 conf.)

Pitt (9-3); (7-2 conf.)
Balt (8-4); (6-3 conf.)

Jacksonville (7-5); (6-3 conf.)
KC Chiefs (8-4); (5-4 conf.)

*I think we would need to win out, which would put us at (12-4) with a (8-4) conference record.

*If that were to occur Jacksonville doesn't matter. The Pats could lose two provided they were both conference losses. We would then need to have a better PF/PA than them I believe as well as the Jets to either lose 1 in conference or 1 and have a lower PF/PA than us.

*Or. Pittsburgh cannot share a 12-4 record with us and be beneath us as they would only have 2 or possibly 3 conference losses. So they lose two and the Ravens lose 1 in conf. and have a worse PF/PA record.

I think I have the formula correct, but the numbers may be wrong. Anyway there are possibilities even if we were to lose one. But I believe it would have to be against the Rams as the other three games are in conference against SD, Tenn & Oak.

Technically Jacksonville still has a chance too but it's an extreme long shot.

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 06:47 PM
If we lose we can still make the play offs and win the division, but I would prefer that we just not take any chances. I want us to win out and go into the playoffs with momentum on our side.

I have to agree with you I would feel a lot more confident going into the playoffs if we won the rest of our games going into the playoffs.

Seattle Sun
12-11-2010, 06:58 PM

Beating the Rams when they are in a MUST WIN at home is not going to be as easy as you think.

The Chargers learned that early in the season.

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Beating the Rams when they are in a MUST WIN at home is not going to be as easy as you think.

The Chargers learned that early in the season.

In the very beginning of the season the Chargers were not a very good football team, they started off a little rocky. Also the Chargers arent that very good on the road. They lost to the Seahawks on the road and the Chiefs went up there and blew them out of the water.

SIC J
12-11-2010, 08:07 PM
In the very beginning of the season the Chargers were not a very good football team, they started off a little rocky. Also the Chargers arent that very good on the road. They lost to the Seahawks on the road and the Chiefs went up there and blew them out of the water.

The Chargers are still not that great of a team........

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 09:25 PM
The Chargers are still not that great of a team........

Well i meant that they are playing a little better than they were in the beginning of the year may not be much but a little.

tornadospotter
12-11-2010, 09:30 PM
One game at a time.

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 09:31 PM
One game at a time.

That is very true the Chiefs can't lose sight of that. Which I wouldn't imagine Todd Haley letting them forget that

SIC J
12-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Well i meant that they are playing a little better than they were in the beginning of the year may not be much but a little.

And the Chiefs are playing MUCH better than they did in game 1.

Pro_Angler
12-12-2010, 10:46 AM
4 games left, it should have already been locked for us, we legt a few games get away that we had won. Young teams learn from that, these last few games has shown me that these kids are learning quickly. I can't wait to see what next year brings.

Seattle Sun
12-12-2010, 07:27 PM
So...anyone wanna perhaps, I dont know, hold the printing presses for the playoffs yet?

Good luck on that #2 seed.

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 02:04 AM
PLAYOFFS??? YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS???

Lol, gotta love Mora...

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 11:14 AM
And the Chiefs are playing MUCH better than they did in game 1.

haha looks like we both were wrong I can't believe what I saw Sunday. Are you sure that wasn't a High School team playing against the Chargers.

BoltWalt
12-13-2010, 12:30 PM
PLAYOFFS??? YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS???

Lol, gotta love Mora...
Even though his answer to the playoff question threw his whole team under the bus?

Canada
12-13-2010, 12:45 PM
So...anyone wanna perhaps, I dont know, hold the printing presses for the playoffs yet?

Good luck on that #2 seed.No. We are still in first. Besides, didnt we beat Seatlle 44-24? Go to a Carolina site, or maybe a B_lls site where a Seahawks fan can actually talk sh!t without sounding like an idiot.

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 12:48 PM

Good luck on that #2 seed.

Your sitting here talking smack but your not even going to make it in the playoffs, even with the horrible division that you have. You should be cheering for the Chiefs to beat the Rams next week because if not then you wont have a shot. Plus didn't the 49ers just destroy you guys?

Seattle Sun
12-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Your sitting here talking smack but your not even going to make it in the playoffs, even with the horrible division that you have. You should be cheering for the Chiefs to beat the Rams next week because if not then you wont have a shot. Plus didn't the 49ers just destroy you guys?

Not talking smack, just very amused at about 20 posts here that assumed playoffs were imminent and that SD was tanking.

I thought you guys learned from Denver in 2008 - do NOT count your chickens before they hatch, especially against the Bolts.

Seattle Sun. Chargers fan in Seattle. Hence the moniker. You have the right to be a bit ****y when you win 4 division titles in a row.

SIC J
12-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Not talking smack, just very amused at about 20 posts here that assumed playoffs were imminent and that SD was tanking.

I thought you guys learned from Denver in 2008 - do NOT count your chickens before they hatch, especially against the Bolts.

Seattle Sun. Chargers fan in Seattle. Hence the moniker. You have the right to be a bit ****y when you win 4 division titles in a row.

So how did you act when the Chargers didn't make the playoffs for 10 years straight?

My point being, who cares what you did in the past. Get over it.

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Not talking Seattle Sun. Chargers fan in Seattle. Hence the moniker. You have the right to be a bit ****y when you win 4 division titles in a row.

And of course, you can revel in the memory of a past Superbowl victory...oh wait...you can't...

Really, a Charger troll? I live in SoCal an hour from San Diego...Charger fans show up late, leave early and know less about their team than any other fan in the AFC West...I doubt SD will even miss the Chargers when they move to L.A. in 2012.

Fair weather doesn't just describe the forecast in San Diego!

Ryfo18
12-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Pretty pathetic that the Chargers are in a playoff race and they are on the verge of a blackout this Thursday.

SIC J
12-14-2010, 12:24 AM
And of course, you can revel in the memory of a past Superbowl victory...oh wait...you can't...

Really, a Charger troll? I live in SoCal an hour from San Diego...Charger fans show up late, leave early and know less about their team than any other fan in the AFC West...I doubt SD will even miss the Chargers when they move to L.A. in 2012.

Fair weather doesn't just describe the forecast in San Diego!

Might be the Vikings moving to LA.

wilqb16
12-14-2010, 01:47 AM
Might be the Vikings moving to LA.

Word around here is the front runners are the Chargers and Jaguars. The Rams are also in the conversation. General thought is that the Vikings are a no go...

L.A. could potentially get two teams because there is a stadium being built in the City of Industry but another one planned in downtown L.A.

I kind of hope the Chargers leave because San Diego fans are the worst. As much as Raider fans get a bad wrap, living here on the west coast, I think Charger fans are much worse. We used to go to the Charger-Chief game every year but I stopped going when a group of drunk fans wearing Seau jerseys started yelling obscenities while I was carrying my 3-year old son. Not to mention constant fights and couples practically fornicating in the stands...awful place...worst is that they really don't even care about football, they just seem to show up to get drunk and use football as an excuse to act like complete jerks and morons...

4everchiefsfan25
12-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Word around here is the front runners are the Chargers and Jaguars. The Rams are also in the conversation. General thought is that the Vikings are a no go...

L.A. could potentially get two teams because there is a stadium being built in the City of Industry but another one planned in downtown L.A.

I kind of hope the Chargers leave because San Diego fans are the worst. As much as Raider fans get a bad wrap, living here on the west coast, I think Charger fans are much worse. We used to go to the Charger-Chief game every year but I stopped going when a group of drunk fans wearing Seau jerseys started yelling obscenities while I was carrying my 3-year old son. Not to mention constant fights and couples practically fornicating in the stands...awful place...worst is that they really don't even care about football, they just seem to show up to get drunk and use football as an excuse to act like complete jerks and morons...

That makes me mad just hearing that because if I had my son with me it would take everything that I got not to knock someone out. Thats just classless and all i know karma is a b!@tch

SIC J
12-14-2010, 05:00 PM

From what I read, City of Industry was approved a while ago BUT before they start, they have to have a team. BUT the NFL is telling them they can't have a team until a stadium is built. LOL

Vikings have til I believe April or May to decide. Chargers contract is almost up as well. Qualcomm Stadium is just beat to hell and the Chargers are too cheap to rebuild it and definitely don't have the money to build a new stadium.

I would LOVE for the Chargers to move out of SD to see how many of these so-called Charger fans still support them. I've lived in SD most of my life and SD people are the WORST bandwagon fans hands down. That goes with the NFL, NBA, and MLB. They ONLY support when they're winning. Thats not a TRUE fan.

SIC J
12-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Quit whinning, you got beatdown and exposed, now the rams have the game plan. Not only were the Chiefs humilated, but we broke your mental edge. When we put the beat down on the 49ers this Thursday it will only add more stress on your beatdown team, your chiefs could never close the deal, thats why we are the AFC West Champs. We are still one of the Elite NFL teams. DEAL with it
:efpge:

7-6 is an elite team? LOL

Chargers have beat 3 teams with winning records. And thats not going to change by the end of the season. 4 of their 6 losses came from teams with losing records.

They are FAR from an elite team. Chiefs have a better record and I wouldn't say they are an elite team either.

Elite teams would be Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Falcons, Saints, Eagles, and maybe even the Giants could be in that category. I wouldn't even say the Jets are an elite team.

KristofLaw
12-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Quit whinning, you got beatdown and exposed, now the rams have the game plan. Not only were the Chiefs humilated, but we broke your mental edge. When we put the beat down on the 49ers this Thursday it will only add more stress on your beatdown team, your chiefs could never close the deal, thats why we are the AFC West Champs. We are still one of the Elite NFL teams. DEAL with it
DEAL with it?

Okay you got multi accounts here or copy that idiot who posts on yahoo! and has posted here before I am sure. I tried to post a comment about the Chiefs on that bogus troll ridden place and either you replied, or you post very similar to that dimbulb Bolt fan.

BTW... what kind of dumbass final saying is that.

mejohnm
12-15-2010, 03:01 AM
That final saying is something my ex would say to me....

You know... no matter what happens to our Chiefs, going from 4-12 last year to what we are this year, makes me happy. Of course play-offs would be nice, but I think the Chiefs should take one step at a time.

ChargerDan
12-15-2010, 03:22 AM
bolt fan here, you guys played miserable on sunday, but heres hoping to a speedy recovery for matt, as for the part about elite team, we are def the elite of the AFC west (if thats saying anything), and during the regular season, thats all that really matters. Hope you guys stumble a game or two, but good luck down the stretch.

PS who is afcwestchamps, and why are you making our bolts look like douche bags, take a chill pill homie or you can get beat down off line, no need in being a troll on the internet on an opposing fans board. And beating the 49ers isnt a foregone conclusion, so either youre twelve or just started following the bolts, cause for us doing about as much as the chiefs for the past 5 years, you dont really have anything to say, cornball.

Chiefster
12-15-2010, 07:37 AM
bolt fan here, you guys played miserable on sunday, but heres hoping to a speedy recovery for matt, as for the part about elite team, we are def the elite of the AFC west (if thats saying anything), and during the regular season, thats all that really matters. Hope you guys stumble a game or two, but good luck down the stretch.

PS who is afcwestchamps, and why are you making our bolts look like douche bags, take a chill pill homie or you can get beat down off line, no need in being a troll on the internet on an opposing fans board. And beating the 49ers isnt a foregone conclusion, so either youre twelve or just started following the bolts, cause for us doing about as much as the chiefs for the past 5 years, you dont really have anything to say, cornball.

Every fan board runs into trolls from apposing teams; best advice is :troll31:

If those trolling here continue to do so then their time here will be short.
You, sir, are a class act. Welcome to the Crowd! :bananen_smilies046:

Ryfo18
12-15-2010, 10:14 AM
I love how the Chargers fans are coming out of the woodwork. ChargerDan, thanks for at least showing some class.

All the Chargers fans seem to think it's a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs are going to lose one more game. Sure it may happen, but I like our chances. This week we get the Rams, and so far we have run the table on the NFC West. The Chiefs will also be well represented in St. Louis since both teams are in Missouri. Then we follow up with 2 games at home against a Titans team that has fallen apart and then what is always a tough matchup against the Raiders.

The Chargers are 1-2 so far against the WORST DIVISION IN FOOTBALL (NFC West). Them beating SF is not a given (just like beating OAK at home wasn't). 7-6 does not make you an elite team. I'll give you that you were the elite team in year's past, but the tables are starting to turn.

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 11:01 AM
We got exposed? Congradulations you beat the Chiefs with their second string QB. Thats something elite teams pride themselves on let me tell you. All you did was show Chiefs Nation that Cassel means a lot more to this team than what we thought. I don't know about you but I was always taught to be the best you have to beat the best and you didn't beat the Chiefs when they had their best QB playing. Before i started talking about winning the AFC West I would want to beat the team that was on top with all their star players playing so there was no doubt we were better than the top team.

AFC West Champ :mancard: :sign0104:

SIC J
12-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Well whether people want to hear it or not, and I'm tired of it as well, the Pats look like they are going to win the Super Bowl anyways if they continue to play the way they are right now. Its just ridiculous how well they are playing right now!!!!

Truth be told, I never expected the Chiefs to be in the position they are right now and nobody else did either. I said 2011 season is where you should expect the Chiefs to start being a contender for the Super Bowl.

SIC J
12-15-2010, 11:59 AM
And the what should be payed attention to the most from this season to last.......

Chiefs were 4-12 last season and are already 8-5 so far. HUGE improvement.

Raiders 5-11 and are now 6-7. BUT 4-0 in the AFC West.

Chargers were 13-3 and are sitting at 7-6. Went from 5-1 to now 2-3 in the division.

FACT is, the Chiefs and Raiders are now on the rise and Chargers are on their decline. Chargers blew their best chances at a Super Bowl run and now its over. Chiefs are now going to start dominating the AFC WEST again.

HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF!!!!

matthewschiefs
12-15-2010, 12:10 PM

Well your right the rams have the gameplan to beat us when we don't show up. Then again I think every team has the gameplan to beat any team when they don't show up. Now our A game the Rams don't have the game plan to beat that.

matthewschiefs
12-15-2010, 12:15 PM
And the what should be payed attention to the most from this season to last.......

Chargers were 13-3 and are sitting at 7-6. Went from 5-1 to now 2-3 in the division.

FACT is, the Chiefs and Raiders are now on the rise and Chargers are on their decline. Chargers blew their best chances at a Super Bowl run and now its over. Chiefs are now going to start dominating the AFC WEST again.

Very true. If i recall before the season all of us would have loved to see a 8 win season. This is a season of growth for us. We are a better team and will be an even better team next season.

SIC J
12-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Very true. If i recall before the season all of us would have loved to see a 8 win season. This is a season of growth for us. We are a better team and will be an even better team next season.

I agree!

I wasn't thinking about playoffs this season. I knew this season would be the season for a HUGE improvement and 2011 is when I EXPECT the Chiefs to make a run at the Super Bowl.

And to be honest, the Chiefs have a better shot at against the opposing AFC teams in the playoffs anyways. Chargers can't play in the cold or bad weather. Never could, never have.

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I was even going to be happy with a 7-9 season but we have really taken advantage of our schedule and our draft picks are really developing quick.

ChargerDan
12-15-2010, 02:36 PM
I love how the Chargers fans are coming out of the woodwork. ChargerDan, thanks for at least showing some class.

All the Chargers fans seem to think it's a foregone conclusion that the Chiefs are going to lose one more game. Sure it may happen, but I like our chances. This week we get the Rams, and so far we have run the table on the NFC West. The Chiefs will also be well represented in St. Louis since both teams are in Missouri. Then we follow up with 2 games at home against a Titans team that has fallen apart and then what is always a tough matchup against the Raiders.

The Chargers are 1-2 so far against the WORST DIVISION IN FOOTBALL (NFC West). Them beating SF is not a given (just like beating OAK at home wasn't). 7-6 does not make you an elite team. I'll give you that you were the elite team in year's past, but the tables are starting to turn.

thing is, its great to be a fan, but that guy needs to be realistic.

ChargerDan
12-15-2010, 02:38 PM

As long as we have Rivers, i dont think theres any question that we will always be in the thick of the west chase. we arent on a decline, just a down year, if youve seen since 06 we always follow up a strong year with a decent year under norv. it happens.

matthewschiefs
12-15-2010, 03:10 PM
As long as we have Rivers, i dont think theres any question that we will always be in the thick of the west chase. we arent on a decline, just a down year, if youve seen since 06 we always follow up a strong year with a decent year under norv. it happens.

I do think that Rivers is going to be able to keep your team competive. But I think that you guys are clearly going to have to be heading in a rebuilding the talent around him mode. You dug yourself in a deeper whole then normal this year I think that's a sign that the short term window for your team has closed as far as a superbowl birth. I don't think it will take you long to rebuild with Rivers but even you have to admit that your team is not as good as the past few years.

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 03:35 PM

I think the Chargers may go through what the Chiefs went through in the 90's were your a contender for awhile but soon enough the fans are going to get tired of getting to the post season and never being able to get to the SB. I'm not sure but do you think the Chargers are going to beable to keep Vincent Jackson and their LT or are they going to leave the team for being unhappy?

ChargerDan
12-15-2010, 03:40 PM
I think the Chargers may go through what the Chiefs went through in the 90's were your a contender for awhile but soon enough the fans are going to get tired of getting to the post season and never being able to get to the SB. I'm not sure but do you think the Chargers are going to beable to keep Vincent Jackson and their LT or are they going to leave the team for being unhappy?

well they signed McNeil long term, VJ i cant be to sure. I dont wanna say yes then watch him leave, or say no and he stays, its a long shot.

I can never get tired of making the playoffs, its the best football of the year, and in 08 if Rivers hadnt torn his ACL we probably woulda made that SB. We probably woulda beat a healthy Pats team. But thats just me. im happy as a fan if we're always in contention.

and @matthews. nah i dont think they are in any rebuilding mode. The team is still young, theres no old guys on this team like moss or favre or anything like that.

even though i dont like AJ Smith, i cant deny his talent for finding talent. not many can, so i think as long as AJ is around, he will find the necessary tools to put around him.

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 03:41 PM
So your telling me you would rather go to the playoffs every year and never win a Super Bowl?

SIC J
12-15-2010, 04:48 PM
So your telling me you would rather go to the playoffs every year and never win a Super Bowl?

I don't know about you guys but football is about WINNING THE SUPER BOWL. Thats the ultimate goal. Yes you can be realistic and know how good your team really is or what to expect from them. BUT, as a Chiefs fan, with the coaches and players that the Chiefs now have, I expect them to be in the Super Bowl within the next 3 years. If they are not, I would say they have failed.

SIC J
12-15-2010, 04:51 PM

My personal opinion is that as long as the Chargers have Rivers, thats as far as the Chargers will get, to the playoffs.

chief31
12-15-2010, 05:56 PM

As opposed to...?

Not being in the playoffs?

If I can have my team in the fight every year, I am pretty happy.

One of those years, I definitely expect to win it all. But, if we are in that fight each season, then it is far better than not being in the fight at all.

wilqb16
12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
My personal opinion is that as long as the Chargers have Rivers, thats as far as the Chargers will get, to the playoffs.

I agree with this, Rivers QB Rating in the playoffs is terrible.

Also, Norv Turner is not a good NFL headcoach. He also won't get you to a Superbowl.

ChargerDan
12-15-2010, 06:51 PM
As opposed to...?

Not being in the playoffs?

If I can have my team in the fight every year, I am pretty happy.

One of those years, I definitely expect to win it all. But, if we are in that fight each season, then it is far better than not being in the fight at all.

basically, making the playoffs is better than missing the playoffs was what i was trying to say. I am not a fortune teller and cant predict when my team wins the SB, if i could, id be rich. Im happy my team is year in year out contending for one, sad as i am they have no won it, im happy with the production theyve put forth

ChargerDan
12-15-2010, 06:53 PM

how do you figure? hes one of the best in the game, can you predict the future?

do you happen to have any fantasy land youd like to sell to me as well?

SIC J
12-15-2010, 07:01 PM
how do you figure? hes one of the best in the game, can you predict the future?

do you happen to have any fantasy land youd like to sell to me as well?

Well being that I've predicted EVERY game they would lose in the playoffs since he's been QB makes me pretty good at it so far huh?

And I think he's over-rated. Sure he has 3500+ passing yards (most of those yards against prevent defenses) and 26 TDs, but he also has 15 turnovers. He lets the pressure get to him and chokes cuz of his emotions (aka cry baby).

That and Turner is simply just not a very good coach.

ChargerDan
12-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Well being that I've predicted EVERY game they would lose in the playoffs since he's been QB makes me pretty good at it so far huh?

And I think he's over-rated. Sure he has 3500+ passing yards (most of those yards against prevent defenses) and 26 TDs, but he also has 15 turnovers. He lets the pressure get to him and chokes cuz of his emotions (aka cry baby).

That and Turner is simply just not a very good coach.i guess. youre entitled to your own opinion, i didnt realize i was speaking with mrs cleo

Canada
12-15-2010, 09:30 PM
i guess. youre entitled to your own opinion, i didnt realize i was speaking with mrs cleo:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

josh1971
12-16-2010, 12:24 AM
So how many Chief fans will be watching the Bolts take the 9er's out of playoff contention on Thursday. Be honest.

What channel will that be on? I'll be over on the station where the 49ers will be making sure the Chargers are not going to be in the playoffs.

matthewschiefs
12-16-2010, 12:49 AM
So how many Chief fans will be watching the Bolts take the 9er's out of playoff contention on Thursday. Be honest.

I will but that's nothing new I always watch the Thursday night game.

Canada
12-16-2010, 08:37 AM
So how many Chief fans will be watching the Bolts take the 9er's out of playoff contention on Thursday. Be honest.:lol::lol: This is what you are talking smack about? Beating the 49ers!! :lol::lol: You guys will look like such a joke if you lose this game!!

4everchiefsfan25
12-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Are you still going to be on here talkin smack if the 49ers beat the Chargers? Or are you going to make everybody happy on here and leave

SIC J
12-16-2010, 01:47 PM
i guess. youre entitled to your own opinion, i didnt realize i was speaking with mrs cleo

You sound butt hurt. I guess I would be too if I knew deep down inside that my QB and HC will never have what it takes to win a Super Bowl. Should've kept Brees.

Pro_Angler
12-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Are you still going to be on here talkin smack if the 49ers beat the Chargers? Or are you going to make everybody happy on here and leave

He'll have to change his name too...lol

Canada
12-16-2010, 08:19 PM
He'll have to change his name too...lolHe just has to change that A to a U!

AFCChumps

Pro_Angler
12-16-2010, 08:56 PM
I will be here, and rooting for the Rams

leave you troll!!! or I will ground you!!! child!!!

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Still 2 games to go, and each of those teams have the potenial to beat ya.

Same with you. No game in the NFL is a given. I don't think you guys are going to lose either of your remaing games but I also didn't think you would lose to the faiders.

Canada
12-20-2010, 09:02 PM
:lol::lol: I remember when you said this!! :lol::lol:

Canada
12-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks, for reminding me about that. But if i recall a lot of your poster's were also worried about this game. Now do you think the titans are going to lay down, they still have a pretty good team, and a great running back which is hard to put down.

They aren't going to lay down. We are going to put them down. The Rams didnt lay down, they got beat. Im sure a lot of people are worried about every game we play because they are important. I dont recall anyone but you saying we were going to lose though.

Canada
12-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Yea me and all the book makers in Vegas and Mexico, you guys were 2pts underdogs.

Only because Cassel was questionable.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Yea me and all the book makers in Vegas and Mexico, you guys were 2pts underdogs.
So your saying you lost a bunch of cash or were you not confident enough in your pick to put your money up?

Ryfo18
12-20-2010, 11:17 PM
I play at caliente which is 10 miles from where i live, I parlay my bets, and this year makes no sense what so ever. Now how confident were you thinking that the chiefs would win knowing that cassel was a game time decesion?

Who cares? They won...Cassel showed that he's a tough mofo. I'm sure you wouldn't be too confident if you had to roll out there with Billy Volek.

Ryfo18
12-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Volek whooped up on the titans in tenn.which had an outstanding team that year, when rivers was hurt 3yrs ago. And he is a much better qb then Coyle.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/12/37.jpg

Canada
12-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I play at caliente which is 10 miles from where i live, I parlay my bets, and this year makes no sense what so ever. Now how confident were you thinking that the chiefs would win knowing that cassel was a game time decesion?Very confident.

Canada
12-20-2010, 11:57 PM
your team is where their at because of consistancey. But if you look at player for player other then your running backs do you think your players are better? I know your still 9-5 and were 8-6. Remember the titans have always gave you fits.Yes, we are better

Ryfo18
12-21-2010, 12:01 AM
your team is where their at because of consistancey. But if you look at player for player other then your running backs do you think your players are better? I know your still 9-5 and were 8-6. Remember the titans have always gave you fits.

Charles > Any of your RBs
Rivers > Cassel (slightly)
O-Line: KC has given up 8 fewers sacks and has the best rushing offense in the league. Advantage KC
D Bowe > VJax, Floyd, Naanee, Ajirotutu and the other cast of characters you threw out there
Your WR2 > our WR2

D-Line: You guys have us in sacks, advantage you
Linebackers: Cooper/Burnett = Johnson/Belcher
Secondary: Flowers/Carr/Berry/K. Lewis vs. Jammer/Cason/Weddle/Gregory is also a push

Our special teams, punter, kicker, and return teams are 1000 times better than yours.

Turnover Ratio: WE ARE +10, you guys are -6

There, I broke it down, seems like two pretty even teams. Makes a lot of sense why we split games at each other's houses and are both competing for the division title.

SIC J
12-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Volek whooped up on the titans in tenn.which had an outstanding team that year, when rivers was hurt 3yrs ago. And he is a much better qb then Coyle.

Really? 3 years ago? That would be 2007. His stats that YEAR were 3 of 10 passing for 6 yards and had an interception.

Yep he must have had a heck of a game huh? LOL

I'm beginning to think you don't know anything about football let alone your OWN TEAM. LOL

SIC J
12-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Oh and to prove you even more wrong, 3 years ago in the game against the Titans, Volek was 0 for2 for 0 yards, an interception, and a sack.

LOL

Where do you get your info from?

FYI, Volek is 3-7 as a starter and has started a game since 2005. If he took Rivers place, he would get crushed just like Croyle did.

ChargerDan
12-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Charles > Any of your RBs
Rivers > Cassel (slightly)
O-Line: KC has given up 8 fewers sacks and has the best rushing offense in the league. Advantage KC
D Bowe > VJax, Floyd, Naanee, Ajirotutu and the other cast of characters you threw out there
Your WR2 > our WR2

D-Line: You guys have us in sacks, advantage you
Linebackers: Cooper/Burnett = Johnson/Belcher
Secondary: Flowers/Carr/Berry/K. Lewis vs. Jammer/Cason/Weddle/Gregory is also a push

Our special teams, punter, kicker, and return teams are 1000 times better than yours.

Turnover Ratio: WE ARE +10, you guys are -6

There, I broke it down, seems like two pretty even teams. Makes a lot of sense why we split games at each other's houses and are both competing for the division title.
did you just say rivers > cassel (slightly)?????

on what earth do you think that they are even on the same plateau

cut it out man

i understand hes having a good year, but Rivers has consistantly put up gaudy numbers 3-4 years in a row, when cassel does that then well compare, but cassel was a career back up and youre saying Rivers is slightly better?

at least be realistic.

okikcfan
12-21-2010, 12:34 AM
OK, your better this week. Cant wait for this weekends games which both are on at 10am.pst.

Titans vs Chiefs Matchup, Projections for Tennessee at Kansas City Week 16 2010 (http://www.pickingpros.com/nfl/games/16-ten-vs-kc.php)

nuff said!:mooning:

SIC J
12-21-2010, 12:41 AM
OK, your better this week. Cant wait for this weekends games which both are on at 10am.pst.

WRONG AGAIN!!!!

Chiefs play at 10
Chargers play at 1

SIC J
12-21-2010, 12:53 AM

cut it out man

i understand hes having a good year, but Rivers has consistantly put up gaudy numbers 3-4 years in a row, when cassel does that then well compare, but cassel was a career back up and youre saying Rivers is slightly better?

at least be realistic.

Cassel is playing just as good as Rivers in what his "job" entails him to do as a QB on his team.

Canada
12-21-2010, 02:53 AM

cut it out man

at least be realistic.
Who has led their team to more wins?

Ryfo18
12-21-2010, 10:06 AM

cut it out man

at least be realistic.

Cassel being a career backup has nothing at all to do with his ability as a QB this present day. Cassel is playing at a level that compares to Rivers.

You can brag about Rivers' passing yards all you want. Fact of the matter is that at the beginning of the season you guys were getting your asses handed to you and Rivers put up gaudy yardage numbers. Cassel has 1400 less yards, but only 5 less TDs and half the interceptions. 1400 yards equates to about 18 80-yard drives. Yards are cool, but only when they equate to TDs. Cassel can put up yards too if need be...he has three 400+ yard passing games in the last 3 years...Rivers has 1.

I don't expect you to acknowledge that Cassel is comparable to Rivers. Peter King though, a respected NFL writer that does get to vote for MVP, seems to think Cassel is worth some consideration for MVP...just below Rivers.

DeSean Jackson punt return; NFL*playoff picture clears up - Peter King - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/19/week-15-mmqb/3.html)

So yes, I'll stand by my Rivers > Cassel (slightly) assessment.

4everchiefsfan25
12-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Cassel sure as he** looks natural throwing the ball unlike Phillis Rivers ugly looking technique

ChargerDan
12-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Who has led their team to more wins?

were you saying that last year? or are you just gonna tell me "hey it was his first year", just in case he falls flat on his face next year.

and @Ryfo

"Cassel can put up yards too if need be...he has three 400+ yard passing games in the last 3 years...Rivers has 1."

Rivers put up 2 400 yards game this year, what are you talking about?

3 seasons of 4000 yards 30+ TDs

and youre trying to compate to cassel's lone good season?

please stop.

SIC J
12-21-2010, 01:59 PM
were you saying that last year? or are you just gonna tell me "hey it was his first year", just in case he falls flat on his face next year.

and @Ryfo

"Cassel can put up yards too if need be...he has three 400+ yard passing games in the last 3 years...Rivers has 1."

please stop.

Cassel is in his 3rd year. He led the Pats to 11-5 his first year while throwing for almost 3700 yards.

Last year was his first year on a completely demolished rebuilding team. If you can't acknowledge and admit that, well you don't know football and/or you're in denial for whatever reason.

Rivers took over a team that was coming off a 9-7 season. BIG difference than taking a team over that was 2-14 the year before and fired their offensive coordinator a week before the season started as well as had a new head coach.

If you want to compare Rivers and Cassel's 1st season, go ahead. They are about the same except Cassel threw for 300 yards more.

SIC J
12-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Rivers has 3 400 yard passing games. They ALL resulted in losses.

Cassel has 3 400 yard passing games. 1 win and 2 losses.

ALL of Rivers 400 yard passing games was against prevent defenses and playing catch up cuz they were losing.

Ryfo18
12-21-2010, 02:31 PM

and @Ryfo

please stop.

You're right about the 400 yard games, I missed one.

Please see SIC J's post 2 up from here, he summed it up well. I acknowledged that Rivers is a better QB at this point in time, but if you're going to sit there and say Rivers is on a completely different level from Cassel I'm not buying it. And yes I'll base it off his rookie season and this year. To base it off his season last year in which the Offensive Coordinator was fired 1 week before the season, and a team that was utterly lost with LJ at RB and Dwayne Bowe fat/overweight and suspended for 4 games isn't fair to Cassel IMO. Sure it helps your argument, but there were a ton of other problems with the 2009 Chiefs.

matthewschiefs
12-21-2010, 02:47 PM

cut it out man

at least be realistic.

Just wondering how many of our games have you seen this year? Matt Cassel is playing as well as any QB in the NFL. Theres an old saying that your only as good as your last game. If that's the case then Matt Cassel is still pretty good even after a MAJOR surgery.

And if you think that this is new from Cassel look at our games at the end of the year last season. He was playing pretty good by the end of the season and in 08 he played pretty good for the Pats. Did he struggle last season yes but you put any hall of fame qb in there prime on that team a year ago they would struggle. Matt struggles but he also got better as the season went on.

Lets look at your Qb. He has been pretty good but don't pretend he does not struggle at times as well. Look at what our crowd did to him. Not only did he struggle but our crowd had him throwing temper tantrums on the sideline and even on the field. Matt Cassel is not far behind Rivers in his abilty on the field and IMO Cassel is the better leader. You won't find him throwing temper tanturms on the sidelines.

Canada
12-21-2010, 03:45 PM

and @Ryfo

please stop.

No, his first year he went 11-5 while Rivers went 8-8 but I will stop. This must get embarassing for you.

4everchiefsfan25
12-21-2010, 03:46 PM
No, his first year he went 11-5 while Rivers went 8-8 but I will stop. This must get embarassing for you.
Canada you know what his excuse is going to be " Well look who Cassel had around him Randy Moss and Wes Welker" thats what all the Cassel haters say.

Canada
12-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Canada you know what his excuse is going to be " Well look who Cassel had around him Randy Moss and Wes Welker" thats what all the Cassel haters say.

Yeah, well you know who Philip Rivers had around him?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/12/42.jpg

okikcfan
12-21-2010, 10:47 PM

:lol: :sSig_youtheman: :sFl_canada2: :lol:

4everchiefsfan25
12-22-2010, 08:56 AM

:lol: :sign0142: :funnypost:

okikcfan
12-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Cry Me A River ChargerDan, lol or is it Crybaby River?

chief31
12-22-2010, 05:08 PM
your team is where their at because of consistancey. But if you look at player for player other then your running backs do you think your players are better? I know your still 9-5 and were 8-6. Remember the titans have always gave you fits.

Don't want to include coaches?

cut it out man

at least be realistic.

Rivers is definitely a great QB. Unpopular around here, that's for sure. But undoubtedly a great player at his position.

But it is nothing short of foolish to think that he is "out of Cassel's league".

Have a look at the situations that they have been in.

Cassel was a "career backup" who was forced into a starting role at New England, and did an amazing job. Only to accept the starting job for a team that was ubnfriendly to QBs as any around. To which he has, within less than two seasons, performed at a level that is comparable to any QB in The NFL.

Rivers, on the other hand, was given the keys to a Roll Royce, and has driven it very well.

Cassel has driven a Ferrari and a jalopy, both very well. Even making the jalopy drive like a Cadillac.

If you can't see Cassel as a great QB, to this point, then you aren't just being biased, but foolish.

matthewschiefs
12-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Don't want to include coaches?

Rivers is definitely a great QB. Unpopular around here, that's for sure. But undoubtedly a great player at his position.

But it is nothing short of foolish to think that he is "out of Cassel's league".

Have a look at the situations that they have been in.

Cassel was a "career backup" who was forced into a starting role at New England, and did an amazing job. Only to accept the starting job for a team that was ubnfriendly to QBs as any around. To which he has, within less than two seasons, performed at a level that is comparable to any QB in The NFL.

Rivers, on the other hand, was given the keys to a Roll Royce, and has driven it very well.

Cassel has driven a Ferrari and a jalopy, both very well. Even making the jalopy drive like a Cadillac.

If you can't see Cassel as a great QB, to this point, then you aren't just being biased, but foolish.

I would also add to that if Rivers were to go to anther team that was completely changing what they do with there offense he is not going to look as good as he does now. Any QB will struggle when they are put in the spot that Cassel was a year ago.