PDA

View Full Version : Cassel Missing From Practice

pbatrucker
12-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Wednesday 12/8 Practice Report-Cassel Missing (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/wednesday-128-practice-report-cassel-missing.html)

No word as to why he was missing, but Tyler Palko was promoted from the practice squad and the Chiefs picked up Micah Johnson, ILB to take his spot.BobGretz.com | Chiefs Football News and Updates - daily! (www.bobgretz.com)

OPLookn
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Oh this isn't good...

wildcat
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
The fact that they called Palko up and signed another QB is not a good sign. Why would they make those moves if he was only going to be absent for a single practice?

I hope he is alright!

4everchiefsfan25
12-08-2010, 01:09 PM
A lot of vets get Wednesday practices off so maybe they are just going to give him an extra day of rest to be physically and mentally prepared for San Diego.

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM
I hadn't heard of any injury

4everchiefsfan25
12-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Now that I think about it I can't remember if Cassel really got hit that much accept for that 1 sack maybe I just can't remember.

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Now that I think about it I can't remember if Cassel really got hit that much accept for that 1 sack maybe I just can't remember.

We would have heard long before now if Cassel was injured.

pbatrucker
12-08-2010, 01:19 PM
I think the roaster moves were just were they could pick up Micah Johnson. He was a very good ILB in college. Had a lot of injury problems, but at 254 lbs was a real thumper.

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 01:28 PM
YouTube - Micah Johnson One Handed Tackle

Ryfo18
12-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Today is the anniversary of Cassel's father's death. That is probably why. You can rep me now :)

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Today is the anniversary of Cassel's father's death. That is probably why. You can rep me now :)

Rep! :D

captainamerica
12-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Who did we release from the active roster to make way for Tyler Palko.

Ryfo18
12-08-2010, 02:48 PM
In Haley's press conference he said Cassel's absence will be listed on the report as an "Illness".

Ryfo18
12-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Who did we release from the active roster to make way for Tyler Palko.

Jackie Bates was put on IR

kcvet
12-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I can't find anything on the media about any problems

matthewschiefs
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Hopefully he is just out today. We defently need him in there to take on the Bolts.

kcvet
12-08-2010, 03:17 PM
that's the problem with KC's front office. its classifed

4everchiefsfan25
12-08-2010, 03:29 PM
that's the problem with KC's front office. its classifed

It doesn't really bother me that the Chiefs are classified just as long as they are winning. When Herm Edwards was coaching we knew everything about the Chiefs and we sucked. So as long as we win im cool with however they want to run the team.

sdcsp95
12-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Via Adam Schefter's twitter

Chiefs QB Matt Cassel underwent an appendectomy this morning, according to a league source. Big question mark for Sunday now.

pbatrucker
12-08-2010, 04:56 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/12/21.jpg (http://twitter.com/kcchiefs)kcchiefs:
#Chiefs (http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs): Matt Cassel's appendectomy surgery was successful and club expects him to return to work this week. (via @JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/%40JoshLooney)) [via Twitter]

kcvet
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
appendectomy. that's great. hope this wrong. I had one many years ago. took almost 2 weeks to recover from. a lotta pain.

pbatrucker
12-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Just talked to a very respected neurosurgeon... He said this type of appendectomy likely means out 1 or 2 weeks 13 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/12627250004361216) via web Retweeted by 7 people
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/12/22.jpg (http://twitter.com/getnickwright)
getnickwright (http://twitter.com/getnickwright)
nick wright

kcvet
12-08-2010, 05:23 PM
1 to 2 weeks. just like i thought. so who starts Croyle or this other dude????

OPLookn
12-08-2010, 05:26 PM
1 to 2 weeks. just like i thought. so who starts Croyle or this other dude????

Croyle. He better, I watched Palko at training camp and in the preseason. Unless he's gotten better Broken Croyle was head and shoulders better.

SIC J
12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Well all you cry babies got what you wanted, Croyle! He better step the hell up or all you guys are going to look like big *** idiots!

And from the reports I've read, Cassel could be out up to 4 weeks!!! If he is, I see our playoff chances disappearing........

N TX Dave
12-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Well all you cry babies got what you wanted, Croyle! He better step the hell up or all you guys are going to look like big *** idiots!

And from the reports I've read, Cassel could be out up to 4 weeks!!! If he is, I see our playoff chances disappearing........

I was going to say the same thing about some people in here getting their wish that Cassel be benched and Croyle should be starting well we will see if you were right or the coaches knew what they were doing. If Cassel does miss the rest of the games this year we may still get to the playoffs but who knows if we win 2 of the 4 games and the other two teams lose just one game we are in. I bet you one thing if Croyle does start the rest of the year he will have more than 2 ints.

Pro_Angler
12-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Bad timing that's for sure.. glad brodie is healthy atleast. He is a better passer

N TX Dave
12-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Bad timing that's for sure.. glad brodie is healthy atleast. He is a better passer

He might be a better passer I will not argue with you on that but will he be as mistake free as Cassel has been? Look at P.Manning this year he is a better passer than Matt but he has like 15 ints. Just saying the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Canada
12-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Who has been asking for Croyle over Cassel?

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 06:39 PM
appendectomy. that's great. hope this wrong. I had one many years ago. took almost 2 weeks to recover from. a lotta pain.

In a minimally invasive technique, called laparoscopic appendectomy, a tiny incision is made and a camera is used. Laparoscopic appendectomy recovery time is significantly shorter than open appendectomy recovery time. In the former, post operative pain may be for 12 hours, and hospitalization may be for a day. In the latter, post operative pain could last for 36 hours, while the patient may be hospitalized for up to 3 days.

The pace of recovery during the appendectomy recovery period is likely to depend on the patient's overall health. The time frame during which care is to be taken is usually between 10 and 28 days. Young children usually need longer, especially those who are 10 years and younger and may need three weeks to recover. Patients can expect to resume their normal activities about 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. Cases where the appendix has burst are more serious, and may call for longer surgery and extended recovery time. Good care during this period is of utmost importance, and can result in a patient returning to normal life without having to make changes to their diet, exercise or lifestyle.

Found this on another site.

Lazeye
12-08-2010, 06:49 PM

Croyle only needs to manage the game cause we are going to run all over them. Its not like we were built to throw anyway so I dont see a problem. plus Croyle know the playbook very well and his teammates. Chiefs win imo

#58ChiefsFan
12-08-2010, 06:52 PM
So IF Brodie comes in, gets on fire and leads us to the playoffs winning out do we see a repeat of the Gannon-Grbac controversy?

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 06:53 PM
The rest of the Offense will need to make it easy for Croyle and pick up the slack.

SIC J
12-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Croyle only needs to manage the game cause we are going to run all over them. Its not like we were built to throw anyway so I dont see a problem. plus Croyle know the playbook very well and his teammates. Chiefs win imo

I don't count on the Chiefs running all over the Chargers. Chargers are 5th in the league against the run. Very rare a team thats good against the run get dominated 2 weeks in a row. Chiefs will need to open up the passing game to move the ball. Now that Cassel will most likely be out, I see the Chargers stacking the line and them making the Chiefs beat them through the air.

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't count on the Chiefs running all over the Chargers. Chargers are 5th in the league against the run. Very rare a team thats good against the run get dominated 2 weeks in a row. Chiefs will need to open up the passing game to move the ball. Now that Cassel will most likely be out, I see the Chargers stacking the line and them making the Chiefs beat them through the air.

I only hope that Brokies glass jaw has been replaced with Plexiglas.

chief31
12-08-2010, 07:13 PM
NFL Network just had a DR on that said he wouldn't be surprised if Cassel were to start against SD.

captainamerica
12-08-2010, 07:16 PM
One thing that will help Croyle out big time is the return of McCluster. Another thing to note is that Croyle has never been surrounded by this much talent on offense, he's never played behind an O-line that's this good. We can rely on our running game and our defense/special teams and we can win this game. The Raiders just beat the hell out of them with Jason Campbell and their running game. I'll take Brodie Croyle and our running game over the Raiders combination any day of the week. We can win this game. CHIEFS WILL!

Canada
12-08-2010, 07:24 PM
I don't count on the Chiefs running all over the Chargers. Chargers are 5th in the league against the run. Very rare a team thats good against the run get dominated 2 weeks in a row. Chiefs will need to open up the passing game to move the ball. Now that Cassel will most likely be out, I see the Chargers stacking the line and them making the Chiefs beat them through the air.Unless they play the #2 and #1 rush offenses in the league 2 weeks in a row.

chief31
12-08-2010, 07:48 PM
NFL Network just had a DR on that said he wouldn't be surprised if Cassel were to start against SD.

Here is where that video is....

NFL.com news: Chiefs' Cassel has appendectomy; no word on Sunday status (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cbe113/article/chiefs-cassel-has-appendectomy-no-word-on-sunday-status?module=HP_headlines)

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Wow!...Just wow!

kcvet
12-08-2010, 08:45 PM
no way jose. they risk a lot putting him back in sun.

kcvet
12-08-2010, 08:46 PM
the bolts will stack the box and force Croyle to throw.

Ryfo18
12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
the bolts will stack the box and force Croyle to throw.

That's no different than anything anyone has done to us all year. Jamaal has been able to run on team's with 8 in the box. In fact, his longest run of the season was in week 1 with 8 in the box. Jamaal and Thomas Jones are going to bring it.