PDA

View Full Version : What team should be relocated and where?

Scout200
12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
If you had the ability to relocate a NFL team, where would it be and why?

-Scout

N TX Dave
12-08-2010, 05:36 PM
tRaders about 150 miles west so we would not have them around any more if not that move them to the NFC.

SIC J
12-08-2010, 05:43 PM
The Chargers to LA cuz their fans are a bunch of unfaithful band wagoners and boo their own team EVEN when they're winning.

Its pretty pathetic that 75% of the fans at the Raider vs Charger game IN SAN DIEGO were RAIDER fans.

Three7s
12-08-2010, 06:11 PM
tRaders about 150 miles west so we would not have them around any more if not that move them to the NFC.
Oh please.....:rolleyes:

LA is too big not to have an NFL franchise. I"m sure there are a lot of teams that would fit well there.

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 06:29 PM
The Colts back to Baltimore and the Ravens to Indianapolis.

#58ChiefsFan
12-08-2010, 06:47 PM
The Colts back to Baltimore and the Ravens to Indianapolis.

You got my vote on that

Im pretty sick of hearing how great this arena football team is here

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 06:58 PM
You got my vote on that

Im pretty sick of hearing how great this arena football team is here

:lol:

captainamerica
12-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I'd move Jacksonville to a state that doesn't have a football franchise. Florida isn't big enough to field 3 football teams. Jacksonville doesn't even get packed arenas when they're in contention. I say it's time for them to move else where. Plus since they're not a franchise that's been around forever, your not screwing up any historical relevance in the game.

Hayvern
12-08-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd move Jacksonville to a state that doesn't have a football franchise. Florida isn't big enough to field 3 football teams. Jacksonville doesn't even get packed arenas when they're in contention. I say it's time for them to move else where. Plus since they're not a franchise that's been around forever, your not screwing up any historical relevance in the game.

Yeah, Jacksonville needs to go to LA, unfortunately, LA does not have any stadiums an NFL franchise can play in. There is a move right now to build a new one, but at the moment, LA is not an option for any franchise. Jacksonville does seem to be a logical move though.

Lazeye
12-08-2010, 09:32 PM
How about to oklahoma, they did just get an NBA team not to long ago. And in the ranks of college they are pretty good.

Three7s
12-08-2010, 09:40 PM
How about to oklahoma, they did just get an NBA team not to long ago. And in the ranks of college they are pretty good.
Their market is only big enough for one franchise, and it'd be really bad since the NBA and NFL run at the same time. While the fans would certainly love to have two franchises, I just don't see them being able to fork over the money.

It's a lot like the dilemma we're having right now in KC. With the NBA franchise movement and all.

honda522
12-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Cause there is no team in Hawaii...I say we put the Bills, Browns or Jaguars there..just for the hell of it.

figcrostic
12-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Move the Faders to Alaska

N TX Dave
12-09-2010, 12:29 AM

I still say about 150 west the ocean is pretty deep out there and they could be with the rest of the sharks, bottom dwellers and scum suckers there.

Of course they could move the Cowboys anywhere and bring the Chiefs back to Dallas where they started and I could then go to all the home games and see the rest on TV :yahoo:

Chiefster
12-09-2010, 12:29 AM

...And Denver to Hawaii.

SIC J
12-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Yeah, Jacksonville needs to go to LA, unfortunately, LA does not have any stadiums an NFL franchise can play in. There is a move right now to build a new one, but at the moment, LA is not an option for any franchise. Jacksonville does seem to be a logical move though.

They don't have a stadium because they have not gotten a team to buy yet. From all the articles I have read, they already got the approval to build a new stadium, they just need a team before they start. Thats why nothing has been done yet. If I recall correctly, the Vikings and Chargers contracts are almost up and thats why LA is pursing them the most.

BoltWalt
12-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Relocation should be for hardship reasons only and teams that have been in place for over twenty years should not be moved unless the hardship excuse can be justified. Which I doubt it could be done short of opening the books that all NFL teams seem to be loathe to do.

Chiefster
12-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Relocation should be for hardship reasons only and teams that have been in place for over twenty years should not be moved unless the hardship excuse can be justified. Which I doubt it could be done short of opening the books that all NFL teams seem to be loathe to do.

I agree; it was flat out wrong when the Browns owner packed up and moved the team to Baltimore, where the Colts should have been, to become the expansion team known as the Ravens.

chiefnut
12-09-2010, 08:20 AM
send the radrz to the Oke Fanoke swamp and the broncs to Death Valley

KCMASS
12-09-2010, 09:27 AM
The very BEST city to move any NFL team would be San Antonio, TX. No I'm not from there. Someone mentioned Oka. City isn't bad. How about Birmingham, AL.?

C Louie
12-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Being from Toronto, sometimes I wish we could get an NFL team. But then I stop and think I could not stop being a Chief fan so I would be conflicted. So I'm happy travelling to Arrowhead to see my team.

Hayvern
12-09-2010, 10:38 AM
They don't have a stadium because they have not gotten a team to buy yet. From all the articles I have read, they already got the approval to build a new stadium, they just need a team before they start. Thats why nothing has been done yet. If I recall correctly, the Vikings and Chargers contracts are almost up and thats why LA is pursing them the most.

Here is a problem though, I don't think any existing team is going to commit to moving to LA until a stadium is built, and no stadium will be built unless there is a team.

No owner in his right mind would ever announce a move that is going to take place in 3 years (rougly the time it would take to build a stadium).

LA will end up with an expansion team if no one builds a stadium on their own.

In this instance, it is clearly a case of "If you build it, they will come", the if part of that statement is the tricky thing.

N TX Dave
12-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Here is a problem though, I don't think any existing team is going to commit to moving to LA until a stadium is built, and no stadium will be built unless there is a team.

No owner in his right mind would ever announce a move that is going to take place in 3 years (rougly the time it would take to build a stadium).

In this instance, it is clearly a case of "If you build it, they will come", the if part of that statement is the tricky thing.

They can always play in the Rose bowl while they are building the stadium or go to UCLA/SOCAL stadiums, there are enough stadiums in the LA area to find one to play in for 3 years.

SIC J
12-09-2010, 12:42 PM
They can always play in the Rose bowl while they are building the stadium or go to UCLA/SOCAL stadiums, there are enough stadiums in the LA area to find one to play in for 3 years.

Exactly! Well the Vikings have to decide pretty quickly. I think they have until March or something. From what I remember, they either want a new stadium or some serious upgrades.

As for the Chargers, I've always said that San Diego is just simply not a sports type city. There's just too much to do here and too many people that live here have come from different cities. LA isn't too far from SD so I think it would work out for them. Personally I would like to see them leave to see how many of these so-called die hard fans will still be Charger fans. haha

Also, Chargers stadium is just beat to crap. They need a new stadium or some SERIOUS upgrades. Hell, I don't even think they've repaved the parking lot in the fast 20+ years!!!

Scout200
12-09-2010, 03:23 PM

Excellent point!

texaschief
12-09-2010, 03:46 PM
I'd move the Kansas City Chiefs to San Antonio, TX.
:lol: :lol: ..... just kidding

I'd move the Carolina Panthers or Jacksonville Jaguars to San Antonio. This market, deep in the heart of Texas and football country, between Austin and San Antonio... perhaps building a stadium in San Marcos between the two cities would be perfect.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Denver And oakland to the UFL lol

kilobytes
12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
No more Texas or California teams please. The Jaguars should move to Alabama, Iowa, Kentucky etc. A state that doesn't have a team should get one.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 08:40 PM
I say we have some team move to Nebraska so I don't have to drive so far for atleast one away game lol

tornadospotter
12-09-2010, 09:29 PM
I say we have some team move to Nebraska so I don't have to drive so far for atleast one away game lol
We have a pro football team in Omaha! Just not an NFL team. Some former NFL players though. The Omaha Nighthawks.

YouTube - OMAHA NIGHTHAWKS ON SPORTSCENTER©

YouTube - Nighthawks Game 1 - Tunnel Walk

Impressive don't you think.

josh1971
12-10-2010, 12:10 AM
No more Texas or California teams please. The Jaguars should move to Alabama, Iowa, Kentucky etc. A state that doesn't have a team should get one.

Ewww! Please don't move the Jags here.

4everchiefsfan25
12-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Good ole Jeff Garcia lol I didn't realize you guys had a UFL team, all honestly I've never really watched it before. I think it would be cool to go up there and see a game. How much do tickets usually run would you know by chance?