PDA

View Full Version : can the chiefs place franchise tag on croyle?

whatwasthat?
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
hypothetically, if cassel is out a couple weeks and croyle plays well in his absence (i think he can), can the chiefs place a franchise tag on him and try to trade him for possibly a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the offseason...it would be nice to acquire another mid-to-high draft pick as some kind of compensation..

the reason im asking this is because he is a FA after this season and he probably wants to go somewhere he can compete for a starting job

N TX Dave
12-08-2010, 05:49 PM
They might NE did that to their backup (Cassel) but if they can not work out a trade they will have to pay in the avg of the top 5 at that position I think.

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I kinda doubt it, but that's just me.

Ryfo18
12-08-2010, 06:41 PM
It's a big risk to take, they'd have to pay him A LOT of money and hope that they find a suitable trade partner. He would have to really tear it up in the game(s) he plays to seriously consider this.

captainamerica
12-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah, if you fanchise a player you to have to pay that player the average of the top 5 players at his position. Considering that he plays QB (and Brady just got a new deal and Manning soon to get one) that's a ridiculous amount of money. I like Croyle, I think he has potential, but I doubt he's going to do well enough to earn that kind of money.

kcvet
12-08-2010, 07:18 PM
he was a starter one year wasn't he??? how many games did he win????

Chiefster
12-08-2010, 08:00 PM

0-9.

Boxermm187
12-08-2010, 08:17 PM
nope..he sucks IMO

captainamerica
12-08-2010, 08:27 PM
In all fairness, his replacements didn't have a much better win/loss ratio. It takes more than just one player to win games. There's more talent on offense, a better coaching system, and a better O-line right now, than when Croyle was ever the starter. I have faith that he can play well enough to keep up us competitive.

matthewschiefs
12-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I like Brodie. I know that he has yet to win a game. But at the time he was in there this whole team was not winning much at all. If he could only stay off IR I think that he could be a good NFL QB. But he just can't stay on the field. If he does have to play Sunday I don't think it will hurt us much. But I do hope we bring him back as backup qb.

kcvet
12-08-2010, 08:50 PM
remember the year green went out with a concussion. 1st or 2nd game. didn't Croyle take us to the play offs that year???? then edwards put Green back in for the first round and out we went.

kcvet
12-08-2010, 08:52 PM
In all fairness, his replacements didn't have a much better win/loss ratio. It takes more than just one player to win games. There's more talent on offense, a better coaching system, and a better O-line right now, than when Croyle was ever the starter. I have faith that he can play well enough to keep up us competitive.

agreed. he has more tools now

Hayvern
12-08-2010, 08:57 PM
remember the year green went out with a concussion. 1st or 2nd game. didn't Croyle take us to the play offs that year???? then edwards put Green back in for the first round and out we went.

Sorry, no, that was Damon Huard that took us to the playoffs that year.

kcvet
12-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Sorry, no, that was Damon Huard that took us to the playoffs that year.

my mistake.

figcrostic
12-08-2010, 11:23 PM

Your joking right?

chiefnut
12-09-2010, 08:56 AM
i'm sure we could but i doubt if we would waste it on him, he is not in demand out there as a starter, even as a backup there won't be a long line. if he starts and lites up sd then we may try and resign to trade him later.

kcvet
12-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Your joking right?

I said I made a mistake. no need to make more of it

Fansincebirth
12-09-2010, 10:12 AM
He will not be franchised. That would cost the Chiefs or any team we might trade him to around 16 Mil. No one is going to pay that. With the whole CBA up in the air, it is too early to guess what will happen. He may not even be a free agent.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 11:01 AM
I say the Chiefs need to start talking to the Arizona Cardinals about trading Croyle and a draft pick for Larry Fitzgerald. They need a QB and Larry and the Chiefs both want him to play in Kansas City.