PDA

View Full Version : dr says matt cassel should be able to start sunday

marloweopatchiefs
12-08-2010, 09:21 PM
NFL Videos: Will Cassel play vs. Chargers? (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81cbfbe5/Will-Cassel-play-vs-Chargers)

kcvet
12-08-2010, 09:46 PM
that surgeons gotta be a quack.

Chiefster
12-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Repost.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 11:05 AM
There is no way Cassel is back before Sunday. Ben Rothlesburgher was out for one game and you can't tell me that Cassel is tougher the big ben, that dude got his nose broke during the monday night game and didn't even bat an eye that dudes tough. Adrian Peterson was out two games with that surgery so I know for a fact that Cassel wont play this week. You don't want to rush him back in there because if for some reason he did play sunday, if he gets hit in the mid section and injures himself even more than that would be the worst thing for the Chiefs who are trying to get into the playoffs

wildcat
12-09-2010, 11:21 AM
There is no way Cassel is back before Sunday. Ben Rothlesburgher was out for one game and you can't tell me that Cassel is tougher the big ben, that dude got his nose broke during the monday night game and didn't even bat an eye that dudes tough. Adrian Peterson was out two games with that surgery so I know for a fact that Cassel wont play this week. You don't want to rush him back in there because if for some reason he did play sunday, if he gets hit in the mid section and injures himself even more than that would be the worst thing for the Chiefs who are trying to get into the playoffs

Not to mention, it would be bad for Matt and his family. I'm no doctor, but I would think it could cause life threatening damage.

marloweopatchiefs
12-09-2010, 11:26 AM
well i'll take an opinion of a surgeons over your guys opinion any day. No offense. I hope cassel plays sunday.

GlennBree
12-09-2010, 12:43 PM
not even this football game at this time of year is worth doing damage that would possibly cause problems for Matt in future weeks.
IMO

SIC J
12-09-2010, 12:52 PM
That report is misleading. Its not saying he should be able to play. Its simply saying "its up to him". From what I've read, the surgery he got has a much less recovery time than all the others and ones from the past. And I'm pretty positive he had some of the best doctors working on him compared to what any of of would have. haha

Regardless, if he's not 100%, I don't think he should play. I'd rather have him back for the last 2 games 100% then the rest of the season at 80%.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 12:54 PM
well i'll take an opinion of a surgeons over your guys opinion any day. No offense. I hope cassel plays sunday.

610 sports talk in Kansas City has had 2 or 3 surgeons say that they wouldn't allow Cassel to come back this week because all the blows that he could possibly take, then he said he would check out Cassel and see how he is feeling and how he is recovering before the St Louis game before he would even clear him to play. I would rather sit Cassel out this week to make sure he heals right and be back to normal next week, and through the playoffs. Instead of rushing him out there on the field this Sunday and doing more damage to himself and have him be out for the rest of the season.

whatwasthat?
12-09-2010, 02:18 PM
chiefs are probably just trying to keep SD on their toes...so they have to prepare for more than one QB

how many times have we had players with full participation at practice and they were held out of games?

bigpoppachief
12-09-2010, 02:21 PM
We cant panic we will be fine with Croyle at helm

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-09-2010, 07:45 PM
We cant panic we will be fine with Croyle at helm
Nice sig pic BIG POPPA!

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Im ready to see what Croyle can do!

kilobytes
12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I wanna see Croyle play. Cassel could die out there if he plays Sunday. Let Croyle play.

Boxermm187
12-09-2010, 08:08 PM
all he needs to do is be like cassel when they went 3-0. Sort, dump passes, and just protect the ball. running game and defense need to show up come Sunday

matthewschiefs
12-09-2010, 08:16 PM
all he needs to do is be like cassel when they went 3-0. Sort, dump passes, and just protect the ball. running game and defense need to show up come Sunday

Thats what we need to do no matter whos at QB. We have to be able to run the ball just like we have all year long. That will go a long way to us getting a big victory.

nigeriannightmare
12-10-2010, 09:38 AM

A girl I know who is a personal trainer had the same procedure as Matt did. She was out of work for 3 days before returning to full strength as she said. I think we may see our starting qb behind center on sunday.

4everchiefsfan25
12-10-2010, 09:48 AM
A girl I know who is a personal trainer had the same procedure as Matt did. She was out of work for 3 days before returning to full strength as she said. I think we may see our starting qb behind center on sunday.

The only problem with him coming back so soon is we don't want to risk him getting a hernia during Sundays game and not beable to play in the playoffs.

kcvet
12-10-2010, 11:15 AM
The only problem with him coming back so soon is we don't want to risk him getting a hernia during Sundays game and not beable to play in the playoffs.

there's no hernia. its SOP to examine all organs while the camera's in there. including rips and tears.

kcvet
12-10-2010, 11:24 AM

that's really fast. is she an NFL QB ????:lol:

SIC J
12-10-2010, 11:34 AM
that's really fast. is she an NFL QB ????:lol:

Or built like one???

4everchiefsfan25
12-10-2010, 01:24 PM
there's no hernia. its SOP to examine all organs while the camera's in there. including rips and tears.

On the radio today they had a doctor come on and say that he could get a hernia from putting too much stress on his abdomen if he went out and played Sunday.

kcvet
12-10-2010, 01:29 PM
On the radio today they had a doctor come on and say that he could get a hernia from putting too much stress on his abdomen if he went out and played Sunday.

hence the reason he isn't going this week. its not a hernia defined. he can simply rip open the incision.