PDA

View Full Version : If Brodie plays...

wildcat
12-09-2010, 11:16 AM
It will be interesting to say the least. With Brodie's arm and Haley's aggressiveness, I could see a much different game plan with Brodie in. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a play action bomb to Tucker in our first series to catch the Bolts off guard.

Also, just to be clear, I am a converted Matt Cassel fan and I hope he is healthy enough to play Sunday. I am really starting to believe that we finally have our QB of the future in him. I don't think we will necessarily lose this week without him though.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
If the Chiefs change their game plan for Brodie Croyle then the Chiefs will lose. Croyle W and L record is 0-9 I think he has all the physical weapons to be a great QB but his football IQ is no where near Matt Cassel's. I think if Brodie throws more then 10 to 15 passes I think the Chiefs should be expecting atleast one INT from him. Just give the ball to Charles and Jones and let them carry the team to victory.

OPLookn
12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I can't believe that people are pointing to Croyle and saying oh well he's 0-9 as a starter but in the same breath saying that Casell is getting to be a great QB. In no way am I saying that Casell is bad, I'll admit it I'm converted from a Casell hater to being a fan.

My point is that Casell sucked behind the same people that Croyle sucked behind. We now have a new people, new attitude and new coordinators. Give Croyle a chance! Has he made some boneheaded mistakes absolutely. But so has Casell behind the team last year and Croyle had the same if not a worse team in front of him when we were bagging on him.

Let's just take a step back, have some faith in our coordinators to use Croyle the way that they believe he should be, go into the dolts house and punch em in the mouth and never let em back up!

wildcat
12-09-2010, 12:33 PM
If the Chiefs change their game plan for Brodie Croyle then the Chiefs will lose. Croyle W and L record is 0-9 I think he has all the physical weapons to be a great QB but his football IQ is no where near Matt Cassel's. I think if Brodie throws more then 10 to 15 passes I think the Chiefs should be expecting atleast one INT from him. Just give the ball to Charles and Jones and let them carry the team to victory.

We would have to change the game plan to better suit Brodie's abilities. He is a different QB than Cassel. I'm not saying we should throw the ball 40 times (or even 30+ times, unless we fall behind by a couple of scores), but we can't be one dimensional and we are going to need to take some shots if we want to go into the Bolts house and knock them out of contention.

Lazeye
12-09-2010, 12:37 PM
If the Chiefs change their game plan for Brodie Croyle then the Chiefs will lose.
I think our game plan needs to stay just the same. I think who and where we throw to should change some, I mean Brodie can throw it back to KC from Cali if he wanted to. We have a better defense now so if Brodie has one INT I am fine with that as long as he throws atleast two TD's and we run two in as well. I say we win if we can keep Brodie from being sacked.

Ryfo18
12-09-2010, 12:39 PM
If Brodie can go in and protect the football, I have no doubt that the Chiefs can win this game. He's not going to have his number called often, but he has a big arm and I think the Chiefs do take some shots downfield with speedster Verran Tucker. If the Chargers are stacking 8 in the box and focusing extra attention on Bowe, it's gonna be Verran's turn to step up. 11 guys can only go so far to covering all of the weapons the Chiefs have.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 12:40 PM
We would have to change the game plan to better suit Brodie's abilities. He is a different QB than Cassel. I'm not saying we should throw the ball 40 times (or even 30+ times, unless we fall behind by a couple of scores), but we can't be one dimensional and we are going to need to take some shots if we want to go into the Bolts house and knock them out of contention.
There is no reason to change our game plan we have the best running game in the NFL we have the best one two combo so just because Croyle has a better arm there is no way we need to be throwing the ball around. If its not broke don't fix it. People are complaining that we don't run the ball enough but your telling me now that since OUR BACK UP is in, that we should go into San Diego and throw against the number 1 pass defense thats just stupid.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I can't believe that people are pointing to Croyle and saying oh well he's 0-9 as a starter but in the same breath saying that Casell is getting to be a great QB. In no way am I saying that Casell is bad, I'll admit it I'm converted from a Casell hater to being a fan.

My point is that Casell sucked behind the same people that Croyle sucked behind. We now have a new people, new attitude and new coordinators. Give Croyle a chance! Has he made some boneheaded mistakes absolutely. But so has Casell behind the team last year and Croyle had the same if not a worse team in front of him when we were bagging on him.

Let's just take a step back, have some faith in our coordinators to use Croyle the way that they believe he should be, go into the dolts house and punch em in the mouth and never let em back up!

Yeah when Croyle had a worse team than Cassel, Croyle couldn't win a game but Thigbone could win a couple of games and score some points with the same horrible team that Croyle couldn't. Croyle is like glass back there in the pocket once he gets hit he is going to be out for the season just like he has always done. The fan favorite position is always the back up QB, and all these Chief fans were wanting to see what Croyle could do when Cassel wasnt going out there winning games for us, so here you go you get to see a rusty Croyle on the road against San Diego against the number 1 pass defense. I'm a die hard Chief fan but you have to step back and look at the situation and not just be a homer.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
While I do think that Matt Cassel is the starter and the Clear starter I would not be to upset to see Brodie in there. I like Brodie if he is a short time replacement. I don't think that it will hurt us big time. We can win with him so if he does get the start on Sunday witch I really think that he will given the surgery that Cassel just had I don't think it will be the reason that we lose.

Canada
12-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah when Croyle had a worse team than Cassel, Croyle couldn't win a game but Thigbone could win a couple of games and score some points with the same horrible team that Croyle couldn't. Croyle is like glass back there in the pocket once he gets hit he is going to be out for the season just like he has always done. The fan favorite position is always the back up QB, and all these Chief fans were wanting to see what Croyle could do when Cassel wasnt going out there winning games for us, so here you go you get to see a rusty Croyle on the road against San Diego against the number 1 pass defense. I'm a die hard Chief fan but you have to step back and look at the situation and not just be a homer.

San Diego is gonna stack 8 in the box to try and shut down the run. Its not out of the question that Croyle can put up 200-250 yards. The only knock anyone has ever had on Croyle is that he is injury prone...how about we dont let him get hit then? Now whats your complaint? He's 0-9? So was the rest of the team during that stretch. Croyle was 0-9 on a team that went 10 for 38. Big surprise.

If I step back and take a look at the situation then I see a team that could win a game with a backup QB that no one has gameplanned for. Croyle knows how to play and what better way to knock them off their gameplan than to have Croyle come out firing? I have heard this bullsh!t "homer" crap for far too long. We are 8-4 with a 2 game lead in the West and are on the verge of finishing off the playoff hopes of SD and OAK this weekend. We have the best rushing offense in the league, our WR has the most TDs in the league, our defense is coming on strong. This isnt being a homer, this is fact. The Chiefs are for real!!

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 01:32 PM
San Diego is gonna stack 8 in the box to try and shut down the run. Its not out of the question that Croyle can put up 200-250 yards. The only knock anyone has ever had on Croyle is that he is injury prone...how about we dont let him get hit then? Now whats your complaint? He's 0-9? So was the rest of the team during that stretch. Croyle was 0-9 on a team that went 10 for 38. Big surprise.

If I step back and take a look at the situation then I see a team that could win a game with a backup QB that no one has gameplanned for. Croyle knows how to play and what better way to knock them off their gameplan than to have Croyle come out firing? I have heard this bullsh!t "homer" crap for far too long. We are 8-4 with a 2 game lead in the West and are on the verge of finishing off the playoff hopes of SD and OAK this weekend. We have the best rushing offense in the league, our WR has the most TDs in the league, our defense is coming on strong. This isnt being a homer, this is fact. The Chiefs are for real!!

You seriously think that Croyle wont get hit? or we wont let him get hit? Lets ask P. Manning and see if he thinks Croyle will get hit. The San Diego D is very fast and they put pressure on QB's all day long.

AkChief49
12-09-2010, 02:01 PM
You seriously think that Croyle wont get hit? or we wont let him get hit? Lets ask P. Manning and see if he thinks Croyle will get hit. The San Diego D is very fast and they put pressure on QB's all day long.
SD sacked Manning once. It was the 4 int.'s (two for pick 6's) that done them in.

bigpoppachief
12-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Well said and I agree 100% Croyle was not a horrible QB he was just a OK Qb on a horrible team. Is he better than Cassell I am not going ot go that far but can he manage the game with this years Chiefs and win I think he can and may actually suprise the league because he does have a cannon of an arm. I think the raiders showd the way to beat the Super Chokers is too run run and then run some more so if our defense can hold thier own offensivly I am not worried no matter who is at QB

Canada
12-09-2010, 02:16 PM
You seriously think that Croyle wont get hit? or we wont let him get hit? Lets ask P. Manning and see if he thinks Croyle will get hit. The San Diego D is very fast and they put pressure on QB's all day long.Oh, I didnt know we were going to ask Croyle to play like Mannning. I didnt know we were going to adjust our offense to throw 40+ times. If only we had some sort of running game that would help tak pressure off the QB. Oh well.

figcrostic
12-09-2010, 02:38 PM

Manning is a great QB, but he's extremely overrated the man chokes more then the cast of Deepthroat.:lol:

captainamerica
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I'm sick of everyone bringing up Croyle's win/loss record as well, as if he's the sole reason we lost those 9 games he started. The truth is when he was the starter, we had a porous o-line, a defense that couldn't stop anyone, possibly the worst special teams in the league, a washed up Larry Johnson, and Herm Edwards as the coach of the team. The only player Brodie had to help him was Tony Gonzalez.

He wasn't exactly placed into a position to shine. I think as the starter we can win with him and I think he can keep up competitive. We've surrounded him with a lot more weapons than he's ever had to work with. I'm actually looking forward to what he can do with it. Brodie has a hell of an arm.

N TX Dave
12-09-2010, 03:01 PM

Oh woe is me San Diego is sooo good we just had better forfeit the game and stay home.
We might lose or we might win all the doom and gloom in here it is like we have already lost even if we do lose it is not the end of the world if we win out we will still get in the playoffs.
At least Cassel did not go down Friday afternoon and Croyle has a chance to get all the work.

captainamerica
12-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah when Croyle had a worse team than Cassel, Croyle couldn't win a game but Thigbone could win a couple of games and score some points with the same horrible team that Croyle couldn't.
A big reason for Thigpen's success is that Herm Edwards finally handed over the keys to the offense to Chan Gailey, once Huard and Brodie went down for the season. Chan Gailey is an offensive genius and he made our entire offense look better. When Brodie was the starter, Herm Edwards was still in charge for the most part and he was basically playing Marty ball with a washed up Larry Johnson.

Even with our team playing better offensively, thanks to Gailey (a luxury Brodie didn't have) Thigpen still only won 2 games as the starter. The fact is our entire team wasn't that good during that period of time. You can hardly place the majority of the blame for that on Croyle.

chief31
12-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I am definitely leaning toward hoping that Cassel takes the time off that he needs to recover, and we start Croyle in the meantime.

I think the DR's reports that he "could start" may be a bad thing. It may be adding pressure for Matt to try and make a go of it, even if he probably shouldn't.

I hope we start Croyle, and go to alot of play-action, and get some quick hits down the field.

Croyle does have a strong arm. If he can get a few early passes downfield, and maybe on some quick hits to Dex, in the slot, it could back off the defense from stacking the box, and make room for the running game.

Plus, it would be real nice to see croyle play with some success, for a change. He has had it rough since he was drafted. He deserves a chance to show that he can play.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh, I didnt know we were going to ask Croyle to play like Mannning. I didnt know we were going to adjust our offense to throw 40+ times. If only we had some sort of running game that would help tak pressure off the QB. Oh well.

I never once said that he needed to play like P. Manning nor that he could. You said lets not let Croyle get hit. The San Diego Chargers were punishing P. Manning. He was only sacked but everytime he threw the ball he was getting hit. Like I have been saying if the Chiefs keep to their game plan they have a chance to win. That game plan being run the rock against San Diego. The Chargers D are at their worst when they play a team that can sustain long scoring drives because Phillis Rivers either scores to quick or goes 3 and out to quick so that puts their D right back on the field.

honda522
12-09-2010, 03:30 PM
My biggest thing about Croyle is that he CANNOT stay healthy. He hasn't even finished a game as far as I can remember.

Chiefster
12-09-2010, 03:35 PM

...This!

Good post Canada!

Rep!

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 03:41 PM
A big reason for Thigpen's success is that Herm Edwards finally handed over the keys to the offense to Chan Gailey, once Huard and Brodie went down for the season. Chan Gailey is an offensive genius and he made our entire offense look better. When Brodie was the starter, Herm Edwards was still in charge for the most part and he was basically playing Marty ball with a washed up Larry Johnson.

Even with our team playing better offensively, thanks to Gailey (a luxury Brodie didn't have) Thigpen still only won 2 games as the starter. The fact is our entire team wasn't that good during that period of time. You can hardly place the majority of the blame for that on Croyle.
Herm Edwards didn't know anything about the offensive thats why he had Gailey. Gailey was the one that ran that offense not Herm. You guys are talking about how unfair its been for Brodie and how good you think he is but if he is that good then why isnt he the starter? He was drafted in the 3rd round and Herm and Carl made all you guys believe that Brodie was going to be the next franchise QB. For someone that doesn't know how to draft and for somebody that only knows how to evaluate DB's how would they know anything about franchise QB's. Everybody gets tired of hearing about how Brodie is 0-9 but its a fact there is no denying it. You can make all these excuses that you want but it is what it is. Now that being said I hope Brodie has an awesome game and if he has to do it for 2 games then i hope it does because i want to see my chiefs when but I also think if he has a great one or two games maybe we can trade him and maybe a draft pick to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald

Chiefster
12-09-2010, 03:41 PM

I never once said that he needed to play like P. Manning nor that he could. You said lets not let Croyle get hit. The San Diego Chargers were punishing P. Manning. He was only sacked but everytime he threw the ball he was getting hit. Like I have been saying if the Chiefs keep to their game plan they have a chance to win. That game plan being run the rock against San Diego. The Chargers D are at their worst when they play a team that can sustain long scoring drives because Phillis Rivers either scores to quick or goes 3 and out to quick so that puts their D right back on the field.

I think what Canada was saying is that the O-line needs to do their job protecting the QB. I would continue that be saying the WRs need to get open and the QB, whomever it may be, needs to do a good job seeing the field and reading coverages.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 03:44 PM

You sit here and say that we have the best rushing offensive in the league which thats what I have been saying. Why would you not run the ball down the San Diego Chargers Defense? Nobody so far this year has been able to stop the running game even if they put 8 men in the box. The only time we dont put up good numbers is when we are down by 35 in the first half or Haley gets away from the run game, its not that the D has stopped Jamaal and Jones.

okikcfan
12-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Apples to oranges my friend. I don't think we can compare last years Chiefs to this years Chiefs. Either way Chiefs win on the road this week. 9-4 people! :whipping1:

Chiefster
12-09-2010, 03:48 PM
You sit here and say that we have the best rushing offensive in the league which thats what I have been saying. Why would you not run the ball down the San Diego Chargers Defense? Nobody so far this year has been able to stop the running game even if they put 8 men in the box. The only time we dont put up good numbers is when we are down by 35 in the first half or Haley gets away from the run game, its not that the D has stopped Jamaal and Jones.

Point taken, but you can't run the ball all the time; you have to balance that with some semblance of a passing game or you become one dimensional and easy for even the most inept defense to stop IMO.

Canada
12-09-2010, 04:23 PM
You sit here and say that we have the best rushing offensive in the league which thats what I have been saying. Why would you not run the ball down the San Diego Chargers Defense? Nobody so far this year has been able to stop the running game even if they put 8 men in the box. The only time we dont put up good numbers is when we are down by 35 in the first half or Haley gets away from the run game, its not that the D has stopped Jamaal and Jones.Yes, of course Im saying we have the best rushing offense. That is why I believe Brodie can do a good job on Sunday. Its not on him to win the game, he can relax and use some of the weapons he never had when he was 0-9. No one is saying that they want Croyle to replace Cassel, it that we can still win with Brodie. You have not said anything about Croyle that has not been repeated on this site thousands of times over the last three years. Brodie can throw the ball and we will be able to play just fine with him.

4everchiefsfan25
12-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Yes, of course Im saying we have the best rushing offense. That is why I believe Brodie can do a good job on Sunday. Its not on him to win the game, he can relax and use some of the weapons he never had when he was 0-9. No one is saying that they want Croyle to replace Cassel, it that we can still win with Brodie. You have not said anything about Croyle that has not been repeated on this site thousands of times over the last three years. Brodie can throw the ball and we will be able to play just fine with him.

but im not saying that we are going to lose if Croyle is in Sunday. Im saying we will lose with Croyle if we change our game plan. Just like we would lose Sunday if we changed our game plan with Cassel

figcrostic
12-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Bowe and Croyle had a pretty good relationship, should be a big numbers game for 82.

Pro_Angler
12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Yea I am sick of this crap!!! Brodie hasnt played with elite runing backs, line men or gadget players!!! this team is 3 times better then his teams he played on!!! shut your pie holes!!!!!!!

figcrostic
12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Yea I am sick of this crap!!! Brodie hasnt played with elite runing backs, line men or gadget players!!! this team is 3 times better then his teams he played on!!! shut your pie holes!!!!!!!

The only thing I'm worried about is Croyle hasn't played in a long time. He has a great arm, and at times can be accurate, when he started he threw a lot of int that could have been the fact that he had no line to block and just got rid of the ball trying to make something happen who knows.

OMGLadyGaga
12-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Im going to the game and I was really dissapointed that Cassell went down and probably wont play, especially with all the Chargers fans talking crap. However, I dont think we need Brodie or even Cassell if he plays to have a big game. The Raiders went in there with Jason Friggin Cambell and he only threw the ball 16 times I believe. They were able to run it down their throats and I dont see why we wont be able to do the same. I am glad that Charles has been kept fresh all year because I think in this game he is going to have to get the ball 25+ times and also make plays out of the backfield on screen and dump offs. Jones is going to have to step it up too and even if he only averages 3 yards per carry he's going to have to run tough and pound the defense to wear them out and then let Charles do his thing.

The ONLY good thing about Cassell going down is that I do believe the rest of the team will know that they are going to have to step up and I think they will. I dont expect KC to have a big day passing obv, but if SD wants to stack the box and play vs the run then Moeki, Bowe, and company shouldnt have too much trouble getting open vs man coverage.

GO CHIEFS

Chiefster
12-09-2010, 06:22 PM

Anyone can respectfully voice whatever opinions they want to.

...That is all.

Canada
12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Have another lite beer.

OPLookn
12-09-2010, 06:44 PM
While I'm not happy that it's the game against San Diego I think this will be a good opportunity to see what our Chiefs are really about. One of the things that I always hear commentators talk about (read guys who have lots of super bowl rings) is that people will go down during the course of a season. The ability for the person behind them to come in and take their place is HUGE!

While I'm not suggesting that they have to play as good as the person that went down, to me their point is that a every player on the team needs to be a cog in the wheel. One cog goes down, put the next cog in and move along.

So to me this will be a good test of just how far along we've come on restocking this team. Not so much in Brodie since we've had him all along but how the other people react to him and adjust to that new cog being in the game. Now let's go spin those wheels all over the dolts!

OPLookn
12-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Have another lite beer.

Oh the heck with that my friend! I want me a Guiness or at the very least a fine oak aged stout!

:bananen_smilies046:

Boxermm187
12-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Im going to the game and I was really dissapointed that Cassell went down and probably wont play, especially with all the Chargers fans talking crap. However, I dont think we need Brodie or even Cassell if he plays to have a big game. The Raiders went in there with Jason Friggin Cambell and he only threw the ball 16 times I believe. They were able to run it down their throats and I dont see why we wont be able to do the same. I am glad that Charles has been kept fresh all year because I think in this game he is going to have to get the ball 25+ times and also make plays out of the backfield on screen and dump offs. Jones is going to have to step it up too and even if he only averages 3 yards per carry he's going to have to run tough and pound the defense to wear them out and then let Charles do his thing.

The ONLY good thing about Cassell going down is that I do believe the rest of the team will know that they are going to have to step up and I think they will. I dont expect KC to have a big day passing obv, but if SD wants to stack the box and play vs the run then Moeki, Bowe, and company shouldnt have too much trouble getting open vs man coverage.

GO CHIEFS
totally agree with you

matthewschiefs
12-09-2010, 06:51 PM

Very true this team was as not as good as a whole as it is now when Brodie was in there before. But I think he can get it done. I still think that Cassel is the clear choice to be the starter but the fact that Brodie is most likely going to be in there I don't think is going to be a big time loss for the Chiefs.

Lazeye
12-09-2010, 07:00 PM
but im not saying that we are going to lose if Croyle is in Sunday. Im saying we will lose with Croyle if we change our game plan. Just like we would lose Sunday if we changed our game plan with Cassel
I agree, If we keep the same gameplan Canada could QB for us and we would win. How far can you throwby the way?

kilobytes
12-09-2010, 07:42 PM

This

Canada
12-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Oh the heck with that my friend! I want me a Guiness or at the very least a fine oak aged stout!

:bananen_smilies046:

Pour a shot of Bushmills Irish Whiskey in your Guiness!! Its really fu*kin' good!! :toast2:

I agree, If we keep the same gameplan Canada could QB for us and we would win. How far can you throwby the way?

I'm 6'4" 242lbs and I can throw a ball 40-50 yards. Better than Palko anyways!!:D

tornadospotter
12-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Pour a shot of Bushmills Irish Whiskey in your Guiness!! Its really fu*kin' good!! :toast2:

I'm 6'4" 242lbs and I can throw a ball 40-50 yards. Better than Palko anyways!!:D
Unfortunately it is to warm in Sandy for your frigid style of game, and pretty sure that beer will not be allowed in the Gatorade bottles!

Canada
12-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately it is to warm in Sandy for your frigid style of game, and pretty sure that beer will not be allowed in the Gatorade bottles!Silly Americans and their silly rules!! :beer:

kcvet
12-10-2010, 02:32 PM
and Croyle has no fear with taking off with the ball. lets see the bolt's D that

4everchiefsfan25
12-10-2010, 03:42 PM
and Croyle has no fear with taking off with the ball. lets see the bolt's D that

Lets just hope that Croyle can slide or get out of bounds after he gets some yardage

Hayvern
12-10-2010, 04:04 PM

DUDE!!! That is Jamarcus Russell size!!!!

:lol:

Canada
12-10-2010, 04:07 PM
DUDE!!! That is Jamarcus Russell size!!!!

:lol:

Yeah, but Im not an idiot. Well....not as much as he is anyways!! :D

Ryfo18
12-10-2010, 04:12 PM
If Brodie plays...there better be at least 5 camera shots of his wife in the crowd.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/images/admin/Schutz.jpg

Ryfo18
12-10-2010, 04:12 PM
By the way, Gus Johnson announcing this game for CBS!!! Excitement always follows him.

GarH
12-10-2010, 06:01 PM
If Brodie can complete enough passes to keep the defense honest, we should be able to run well enough to have a good chance at winning. If we can come out of the gate running well and Brodie can complete some play action passes, I like our chances.

4everchiefsfan25
12-10-2010, 06:29 PM
play action and screens are going to be one of the keys to win this game

Pro_Angler
12-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Brodie on a lot of bootlegs... Hitting dmc or charles on the flat..

SIC J
12-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Judging by the video that someone posted of Croyle, he looks pretty good with the play action. Chiefs MUST establish the running game though. Broncos killed themselves against the Chargers with the play action. Chargers weren't fooled at all.

KristofLaw
12-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Ball control and time of possession are going to be the keys to this game.

kcvet
12-11-2010, 04:25 PM
its only Sat and im already nervous

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 06:41 PM
We just need to win the turnover battle and the time of possession and then we will be ok.