PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Built To Beat Chargers Without Cassel

chief31
12-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Just a piece I ran across at NFL.com....

NFL Blog Blitz: Kansas City Chiefs powered by SportsFanLive.com (http://blogblitz.nfl.com/kansas-city-chiefs/entry/chiefs_built_to_beat_chargers)

pbatrucker
12-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Good read and I agree. If the defense does their job and we don't get behind we will be in great shape.

kcvet
12-10-2010, 04:18 PM
yep this ain't your daddy's O and D

kcvet
12-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Cassel At Chiefs Practice

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/12/27.jpg

4everchiefsfan25
12-10-2010, 06:21 PM

NFL Blog Blitz: Kansas City Chiefs powered by SportsFanLive.com (http://blogblitz.nfl.com/kansas-city-chiefs/entry/chiefs_built_to_beat_chargers)

Thats a good read, if we can win the turnover battle it will be smooth sailing

lordchillz
12-11-2010, 01:07 AM
I believe our offense can get the job done with croyle! Keep the gameplan simple and don't put the win on brodie's shoulders! Execution and domination at the line will win this game for us!

matthewschiefs
12-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I really really hope we are able to get the job done. A win this week and a jag win over the faiders we can wrap up the AFC west next week. That would be a huge deal for us.

honda522
12-11-2010, 10:13 AM
An article by NFL.com??? No way!

Go Chiefs!

rodu
12-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Romeo and the D are going to have a game of season

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Romeo and the D are going to have a game of season

I hope. Maybe Eric Berry can have a couple INTs ran back for 6 lol I hope Berry has an awesome game. I can't wait for tomorrow its so long away!

Seattle Sun
12-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Thats a good read, if we can win the turnover battle it will be smooth sailing

Do you realllllly think that? AT San Diego?

Turnovers will be important, you are correct.

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah I really do because turnovers is what has been killing San Diego this whole year. How can you be number 1 on offense and number 1 on defense and be sitting at .500? Turnovers.

lordchillz
12-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Tamba gets 3 sacks and hopefully a fumble!

SIC J
12-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah I really do because turnovers is what has been killing San Diego this whole year. How can you be number 1 on offense and number 1 on defense and be sitting at .500? Turnovers.

Whats funny is the media keeps preaching "special teams" so all their dumb fans keep saying that as well like all the turnovers they have had don't have anything to do with it. haha

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Whats funny is the media keeps preaching "special teams" so all their dumb fans keep saying that as well like all the turnovers they have had don't have anything to do with it. haha

LOL I know I think Phillis has throw 10 INTs if im not mistaking and plus their RBs have a hard time holding on to the ball. Im not sure if Sproles is even going to play because he had a concussion against the Raiders.

tornadospotter
12-11-2010, 09:35 PM
The Chargers do not have an 12th man, they have sold enough tickets to not have a black out. Must be some Chiefs buying those tickets.

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 09:38 PM
The Chargers do not have an 12th man, they have sold enough tickets to not have a black out. Must be some Chiefs buying those tickets.

Do you mean 12th man? I hope I can see the Sea of Red take over Q stadium that would be a great sight to see.

tornadospotter
12-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Do you mean 12th man? I hope I can see the Sea of Red take over Q stadium that would be a great sight to see.
Why yes, you are correct!

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Why yes, you are correct!

That did say 11th didn't it or were my eyes playing tricks on me again lol

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Tamba gets 3 sacks and hopefully a fumble!

That would be nice to get that production out of Tamba, also I would like to see maybe another pass rusher come out of nowhere and beable to help Tamba

tornadospotter
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
That did say 11th didn't it or were my eyes playing tricks on me again lol
It did, but then it changed.:smile

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 10:00 PM
It did, but then it changed.:smile

Lol good I thought I was going to have to go to the phsycho doc and tell him im seeing stuff

SIC J
12-12-2010, 02:42 AM

Well there game last week against the Raiders was 75% black and silver in the stands.

When I went to the game 3 years ago, the whole field level seating was nothing but red. Then you saw red spots throughout the stadium. I would was 35-40% were Chiefs fans.

BoltWalt
12-12-2010, 04:35 AM
An article by NFL.com??? No way!

Go Chiefs!
Not even an article, just a blog entry.

Pro_Angler
12-12-2010, 10:34 AM
wow casell out all the troll poc sparkler fans show up...

kcvet
12-12-2010, 10:39 AM

that speaks volumes about casell

Pro_Angler
12-12-2010, 01:16 PM
that speaks volumes about casell

and the charger fans.. but they smell blood and the leeches come out. I pray to God we win today and huge at that.

BoltWalt
12-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I have been here all season, I am unhappy about Cassel being out, but it did tip the balance in favor of the Bolts, but not enough to change the outcome of this game.:smile

Sn@keIze
12-12-2010, 07:03 PM

well im calling it now we are going to lose 31-0.

bad article.:D

SIC J
12-13-2010, 12:08 AM
I have been here all season, I am unhappy about Cassel being out, but it did tip the balance in favor of the Bolts, but not enough to change the outcome of this game.:smile

I beg to differ. Taking Cassel out completely changed the Chiefs offense.

Imagine if Volek was suddenly put in a QB. Chargers offense would not be the same at all as well.

Chiefster
12-13-2010, 12:14 AM
I beg to differ. Taking Cassel out completely changed the Chiefs offense.

Imagine if Volek was suddenly put in a QB. Chargers offense would not be the same at all as well.

Possibly, however (and this is NOT in defense of Croyle or the Offense), but it was not the offense that gave up 31 points.

Of course it was not the defense that failed to score any points either.

SIC J
12-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Possibly, however (and this is NOT in defense of Croyle or the Offense), but it was not the offense that gave up 31 points.

Of course it was not the defense that failed to score any points either.

The offense did NOTHING to help the defense. The defense created 2 turnovers to help the offense. The offense held onto the ball for a whole 19:50. Leaving the defense on the field for over 40 mins!!! the Chiefs punted 8 times! Had a total of 5 first downs!

I don't care what anyone says. People keep saying "its a team sport". Sorry to break it to you guys but EVERY team has a leader. That leader is the QB. If your QB is horrible, then the people you lead are not going to be very good either. The offense starts with your QB. Croyle flat out SUCKS. He mad everyone around him suck. All 4 sacks were him being too scared to throw the ball and held onto it. And when he did throw the ball, they were almost all poorly thrown.

He played exactly how I expect to but I was hoping he would have a miracle guy. He proved me right when I wanted to be wrong.

Only thing good about this loss is that its a wake up call for all the Cassel haters on here. Hopefully this is another wake up call for the Chiefs just like the Broncos game was. They control their own destiny.

Chiefster
12-13-2010, 12:34 AM
The offense did NOTHING to help the defense. The defense created 2 turnovers to help the offense. The offense held onto the ball for a whole 19:50. Leaving the defense on the field for over 40 mins!!! the Chiefs punted 8 times! Had a total of 5 first downs!

I don't care what anyone says. People keep saying "its a team sport". Sorry to break it to you guys but EVERY team has a leader. That leader is the QB. If your QB is horrible, then the people you lead are not going to be very good either. The offense starts with your QB. Croyle flat out SUCKS. He mad everyone around him suck. All 4 sacks were him being too scared to throw the ball and held onto it. And when he did throw the ball, they were almost all poorly thrown.

He played exactly how I expect to but I was hoping he would have a miracle guy. He proved me right when I wanted to be wrong.

Only thing good about this loss is that its a wake up call for all the Cassel haters on here. Hopefully this is another wake up call for the Chiefs just like the Broncos game was. They control their own destiny.

From what I saw the first 21 points of the game had little to do with our offense. They moved the ball at will against our defense. Again, I'm NOT saying this in defense of our offense. Perhaps I'm wrong; it's just how I see it it. JMHO

chief31
12-13-2010, 05:45 PM

From what I saw the first 21 points of the game had little to do with our offense. T

Actually, if our offense had been able to get some first downs, and some point on the board during the first half, that's one, or two, possessions fewer that the Chargers would have had.

And the entire second half would have been played differently.

However, I agree that the defense played poorly. Just that the lack of offense likely amplified the effect.

Chiefster
12-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Actually, if our offense had been able to get some first downs, and some point on the board during the first half, that's one, or two, possessions fewer that the Chargers would have had.

And the entire second half would have been played differently.

However, I agree that the defense played poorly. Just that the lack of offense likely amplified the effect.

Without a single doubt.

tornadospotter
12-14-2010, 08:14 PM
All I am going to say on the last game is! The dolts knew that Cassel was out, they knew we would, with the #1 rushing offense, that we would run the ball. I very disappointed in the coaching from this game. They also knew Cassel would not be able to play, they had a chance to spread things out, and let Brodie throw the ball. Instead we went ultra conservative. No guts, no Glory! Game plan lost this game. We knew, we could not allow to get down by 2 possessions.

Pro_Angler
12-14-2010, 09:02 PM
football is about momentum, once they got the 1st td and then get the ball right back,,then again...we never had momentum and our D was on thier heels with no time between posessions to make adjustments.

ChargerDan
12-15-2010, 03:33 AM

were "dumb" ?

we turned it over twice and you still didnt put up a point, if anyones dumb here it just might be your logic.

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 11:19 AM
What the game against the Chargers showed us is how bad we need another pass rusher. I hope we draft Sam Ocho from texas to play the opposite side of Tamba so we have more than just Tamba to pass rush. CB's can only guard a WR for so long before they finally break out of their route and just run around to get open. If we got more of a rush then CB's wouldnt have to guard as long and they also could jump on the check downs because they would already know that the QB wouldn't have a lot of time to throw the ball.

SIC J
12-15-2010, 12:15 PM
were "dumb" ?

we turned it over twice and you still didnt put up a point, if anyones dumb here it just might be your logic.

Its we're......

Here are all the games the Charger fans "claim" they lost to because of special teams.

Chargers vs Chiefs - 1 to 0 turnovers
Chargers vs Seahawks - 5 to 2 turnovers
Chargers vs Raiders - 3 to 0 turnovers
Chargers vs Rams - 1 to 0 turnovers
Raiders vs Chargers - 2 to 1 turnovers

Chargers are -7 in the turnover game. Making them tied for 3rd WORST in the NFL.

Do you see the pattern here????? Or is it still all because of the special teams?

LOL

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 12:32 PM
One of the big reasons why the Chiefs are sitting where they are this year is because they take care of the ball.