PDA

View Full Version : Giants in KC tonight

kcvet
12-11-2010, 06:36 PM
a blizzard in minn dirverted they're plane here

MINNEAPOLIS - The New York Giants team plane was diverted to Kansas City on Saturday, team spokesman Pat Hanlon said.

Hello Kansas City...runway troubles in Minny...stay tuned for Part II of this journey, Hanlon wrote on Twitter .

The Giants and Minnesota Vikings are scheduled to play at noon Sunday from the Metrodome in Minneapolis. The game will be broadcast on FOX 9.

Minneapolis airport officials were not aware of the New York Giants diversion to Kansas City as of 1 p.m. Saturday. The hope is snow dissipates later in the afternoon to accommodate their plane.

All runways at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport are closed until at least 3 p.m. Saturday. Crews cannot keep up with accumulating and blowing snow on taxiways and runways, so no planes can safely navigate the airfield.
Airport spokesman Pat Hogan said two of the airport's four runways were open at the start of Saturday, and they have been trying to keep one open all day. If you have travel plans, check with your airline for the status of your flight before heading to the airport.

A winter storm warning is in effect through 6 a.m. Sunday morning for much of Minnesota, including the Twin Cities metro. Snow totals for the weekend are estimated to be in the 10 to 12 inch range.

link (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/ny-giants-plane-diverted-kansas-city-minnesota-blizzard-dec-11-2010)

its snowing here and butt freezing bitter cold !!!!

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 06:37 PM
How can it be in the 60's Friday and today its snowing lol got to love Missouri weather

kcvet
12-11-2010, 06:53 PM
its 19 here and that's the high for tomorrow !!!

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
its 19 here and that's the high for tomorrow !!!

Are you in Kansas City?

kcvet
12-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Are you in Kansas City?

yep. just a short way from KCI

4everchiefsfan25
12-11-2010, 07:13 PM
yep. just a short way from KCI

Same here. The wind is blowing like crazy out here too.

tornadospotter
12-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I am very upset, here in Nebraska, the wind is blowing we had some snow, it is cold!
But then I remembered last winter, and how cold it was, and the snow we had. So I say, keep it North, we do not want it!

kcvet
12-11-2010, 08:13 PM
I am very upset, here in Nebraska, the wind is blowing we had some snow, it is cold!
But then I remembered last winter, and how cold it was, and the snow we had. So I say, keep it North, we do not want it!

we had 44" here in KC last winter. I remember it ruined a Christmas eve party we planned. I haven't heard the long ranger yet for this winter.

where the hell is my global warming !!!!!

KristofLaw
12-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Could be worse. You could be in Saskatchewan. That's where I am right now and it is... just a sec... -19C with a wind chill of -26C and it will drop of overnight. :smile

I'm hearing the game start time will be dropped to a later time schedule. Afternoon?

tornadospotter
12-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Could be worse. You could be in Saskatchewan. That's where I am right now and it is... just a sec... -19C with a wind chill of -26C and it will drop of overnight. :smile

I'm hearing the game start time will be dropped to a later time schedule. Afternoon?
Please shut the freezer door. :smile :lol:

kcvet
12-11-2010, 08:39 PM

bet you can get swimming trunks dirt cheap there :lol:

I don't know if they'll get outta KC tomorrow

kcvet
12-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Please shut the freezer door. :smile :lol:

he's IN the freezer

kcvet
12-11-2010, 08:56 PM
this one's packin a punch

(Dec. 11) -- A dangerous combination of snow, wind and cold is whipping through the upper Midwest, creating full-fledged blizzard conditions in much of the region.

Conditions are so bad in some places that snow plows have been ordered off the road, according to The Associated Press. Some areas got as much as 20 inches of snow.

The powerhouse storm was expected to gain strength as it heads east toward Chicago.

The nasty weather caused trouble for the New York Giants, who are due to play a football game against the Vikings in Minnesota on Sunday. The Giants' plane was diverted to Kansas City today after the harsh weather closed the Minneapolis-St Paul airport. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the team is planning to fly to Minnesota on Sunday morning and the game was still on as scheduled at 1 p.m.

AOL (http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/wide-ranging-winter-storm-to-be-full-fledged-blizzard-for-some/19756068?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%7C189503)

wonder if this will affect games in the east and on the coast???

GlennBree
12-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I seriously need to make a move back north. I miss the snow so much. It's a bit chilly here today....but its SUPPOSED to be COLD! IT'S WINTER!!!
hhmmm....seriously thinking about moving back to KANSAS.

honda522
12-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I thought we had the charter, till I got to work this morning and looked over at Continental and saw their big 767...I knew then that we didn't have the charter. My dad says Continental is big in NY.

Glad we didn't have to mess with a charter this morning.