PDA

View Full Version : Brodie Croyle debate

Coach
12-12-2010, 05:34 PM
I'd say it's safe to say this debate is done. Hope all you Cassel haters are enjoying the game.
At least Brodie played a half of football without being taken off on a stretcher

matthewschiefs
12-12-2010, 05:39 PM
In Brodies defense the whole team i guess decided it was a bye week. But Cassels value to this team is being shown today for sure.

Boxermm187
12-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Croyle......waste of money

Seek
12-12-2010, 05:55 PM
In Brodies defense the whole team i guess decided it was a bye week. But Cassels value to this team is being shown today for sure.

In te teams defense the knew Croyle sucked so they quit trying after it was 7 nothing

SIC J
12-12-2010, 06:01 PM

Dude, seriously just stop trying to defend him. He SUCKS! PERIOD! He was NEVER good or even average.

McLovin
12-12-2010, 06:03 PM
In te teams defense the knew Croyle sucked so they quit trying after it was 7 nothing
There is no defending quitting because your QB sucks this is where the D should have stepped up to take over. If one part of the team is having a bad day on a great team the other parts step up and take over the game.

May very well make it to the playoffs this year but may be another year or so before this is a Super Bowl contender.

On a side note Crow and Turkey are a lot alike I have had crow for every meal for a while now. Almost like Thanksgiving leftovers. I admit I was wayyyy wayyyy wrong about Cassel.

matthewschiefs
12-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Dude, seriously just stop trying to defend him. He SUCKS! PERIOD! He was NEVER good or even average.

It's not that I am trying to defend Brodie. It's simple no matter who was at QB today if they come out and play like they did to start that game WE LOSE. Brodie is not the one who let an avarge rb at best walk 18 yards into the endzone. That gets you Beat EVERY TIME. Just like I stress every week that things are not ALL cassels fault I am doing the same for Brodie. Cassel being out is NO excuse for the Defense to play like they did in the 1st half. There is NO excuse for that.

SIC J
12-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Dude, the offense has had the ball a whole 12 mins and the defense almost 30 mins. What do you really expect the defense to do?

matthewschiefs
12-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Dude, the offense has had the ball a whole 12 mins and the defense almost 30 mins. What do you really expect the defense to do?

It's one thing if the D starts off well and wears down after being on the field that long. But this started FROM THE VERY START. If they get off the field on the 1st couple of drives then MAYBE MAYBE we get something going. They didn't we didn't. Brodie is PART of the reason that this is happeing today he is not the only reason. The D can not play like this and expect us to win many games. That's a HUGE concern. The WHOLE team needs to play better on the road. We won't be a really good team till we do.

Big Daddy Tek
12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Brodie Croyle was worse than I ever thought he could be.

The defense wasn't spectacular today, but after numerous 3 and outs in which they get no breather, what do you expect them look like?

This game is all Brodie Croyle. ALL

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 07:03 PM
There is no defending quitting because your QB sucks this is where the D should have stepped up to take over. If one part of the team is having a bad day on a great team the other parts step up and take over the game.

May very well make it to the playoffs this year but may be another year or so before this is a Super Bowl contender.

On a side note Crow and Turkey are a lot alike I have had crow for every meal for a while now. Almost like Thanksgiving leftovers. I admit I was wayyyy wayyyy wrong about Cassel.

I agree. Croyle didn't lose this game...the KC Chiefs lost this game, including coaches.

SIC J
12-12-2010, 07:05 PM
And just for the record, the DEFENSE forced 2 turnovers!!!!!

And the first drive argument makes no sense. As I said in another thread, the Broncos scored EASLIY on their first drive against the Chargers this season and then got blown out!

matthewschiefs
12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Brodie Croyle was worse than I ever thought he could be.

The defense wasn't spectacular today, but after numerous 3 and outs in which they get no breather, what do you expect them look like?

This game is all Brodie Croyle. ALL

Just like I have sat here every other week with Cassel i am going to for Brodie.

THIS WAS A TEAM LOSS. Make the tired excusse for the D all you want it started with the first drive. They were not tired then. Brodie didn't help but THIS WAS A TEAM LOSS. Offense Defense speal teams. You don't let guys go 18 yards untouched into the endzone I don't care if you have been on the field 60 miniuts. The D didn't show up either.

If you are a person who has supported Cassel and been upset with those who have tried to blame everything on him then(like myself) don't do it to Brodie. This is not HIS loss. Its a KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LOSS. They should all be embarresed.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 07:26 PM
I totally agree that Brodie is not a starting QB, nor does it appear a back up QB. However, the Chargers scored 3 TD's before the first half...that wasn't Brodies fault. Our D failed, in the first half especially...near as I can tell from what I'm reading online in play by play action.

Ryfo18
12-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Weis never took the training wheels off Croyle today. He made some good throws under pressure...Running on 1st and 2nd down with 8 minutes left and down 21 points was foolish. I mean, it was obvious the Chiefs were going to be one dimensional this game and try to run the ball...Hats off to San Diego, they shut it down.

The offensive line was brutal as well. I will not put this all on Croyle. Total team failure today.

Bike
12-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I totally agree that Brodie is not a starting QB, nor does it appear a back up QB. However, the Chargers scored 3 TD's before the first half...that wasn't Brodies fault. Our D failed, in the first half especially...near as I can tell from what I'm reading online in play by play action.
Well, the constant three-and-outs by the offense doesn't help any defense. They were constantly on the field and most likely kinda discouraged by the offense's inability to score - or get to their end of the field - or even get a first down.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 08:23 PM
At this point, I don't think we are going to find a decent backup for the rest of the season. The success for the rest of the season will depend on if Cassell is playing or not.

Brody is not worth keeping around though. No reason to at this point. Granted, Aikman started out 0-11. But, I think Brody needs to find a new occupation.

Is it Brody or Brodie? Heck, I dunno...have friends whose son is Brodie. Anyway, I agree...and doubt if Croyle will be a Chief in 2011. Sadly for him, doubt he will ever be a starter for any NFL team, unless they're totally desperate. At this point, he might find trouble being picked up as a back up. His history doesn't make him desirable as #1 or #2 guy.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, the constant three-and-outs by the offense doesn't help any defense. They were constantly on the field and most likely kinda discouraged by the offense's inability to score - or get to their end of the field - or even get a first down.

Oh, I agree the D forced to stay on the field too often & too long...will wear them out, naturally. Still, from what I was following on line, the D wasn't playing well early on in the game. Chargers scored 7 in their first drive of the game, if memory is correct?

matthewschiefs
12-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Oh, I agree the D forced to stay on the field too often & too long...will wear them out, naturally. Still, from what I was following on line, the D wasn't playing well early on in the game. Chargers scored 7 in their first drive of the game, if memory is correct?

Correct This was NOT a case that the D played well and got wore down. It started from the beging and it KEPT going. The offense was bad today no one is denying that. But so was the D. And it started from the start of the game. We lost as a TEAM. I don't think makeing excuses to why the D played bad will do us any good. They have to find out what went wrong and how to fix it for the next 3 games. Ignoreing there bad play is the worst thing that they could do at this point.

chiefnut
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM

our D failed partly cause the offense did not convert a third down and had only one first down in the half. that and apparently romeo never heard of running backs as receivers, not once in the entire game is there any CHIEFS defender in the frame when a back was thrown to as an outlet receiver or on a screen pass, however when the CHIEFS tried to throw to ChaRLES he was hit 4yds behind the line, so the chargs D knew they can be thrown to. which LB had that responsibiolity and where the heck was he??:whipping1:

rodu
12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Croyle will make a good CFL QB one day

GarH
12-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Croyle is not a very good back-up QB and is as fragile as glass, but there were at least 16 to 17 other players that were part of the reason we lost also. Our defense was bad from the start. Sure they were on the field too long, but they were getting beat from the start. Both of their lines were beating our lines. We couldn't run and they could. There is no excuse for letting San Diego run on you.

There's a whole lot of Chiefs players that need to step it back up if they want to win the West. That said we do need to get someone better than Croyle,

lordchillz
12-12-2010, 09:25 PM
When they didn't pull croyle after the half I then knew they were using the game to evaluate croyle! They knew the game was lost thats why you saw less of Charles and jones! How do you stick with a QB who has a hard time making a first down let alone a touchdown! I'm a die-hard fan but you have to call a tree-a-tree!

figcrostic
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
When they didn't pull croyle after the half I then knew they were using the game to evaluate croyle! They knew the game was lost thats why you saw less of Charles and jones! How do you stick with a QB who has a hard time making a first down let alone a touchdown! I'm a die-hard fan but you have to call a tree-a-tree!

I'm starting to think your rants are less crazy and more believable the more I think about this horrible game.

nigeriannightmare
12-12-2010, 09:41 PM

The defense wasn't great true but still had a couple turnovers I really say this loss is attributed to our less than 100 yards of offense.......

Bike
12-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I think most of the evaluating occurred March-June. If they wanted to evaluate Croyle in a game situation, well, they had the entire first half to do that. This team just wasn't prepared to play today.

Bike
12-12-2010, 09:45 PM
The defense wasn't great true but still had a couple turnovers I really say this loss is attributed to our less than 100 yards of offense.......
No doubt about that.

Coach
12-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Tyler Palko outplayed Brodie Croyle today. That pretty much sums it up.

Chiefster
12-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Tyler Palko outplayed Brodie Croyle today. That pretty much sums it up.

Exactly!

pojote
12-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Croyle didn't put a game yesterday, but the game plan didn't help him much either.
How many 1st down plays where a pass?
I think Croyle look better when he passed to Moeaki in short routes, but it was always in 3rd down.

C Louie
12-13-2010, 09:10 AM
I might have spelled Croyle's first name wrong, but my 2 year old nephew is named Brody...and, no, he wasn't named after Croyle! :yahoo:
We probably would have been better off with your nephew playing QB.

Chief4Ever&Ever
12-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Croyle sucks! That is the point of this thread. The D could have played better, obviously, but the O looked like a high school team! You can't put it all on croyle, he didn't play every down of the entire game, but we have all seen over the years that he isn't even a number 2. He isn't even a number 3. The coaches sucked, the players played like they wanted to sit in the hot tub and throw down a few cold ones.

I think the D played as well as you could have expected them to play against a team with their backs up against the wall and at home!

The point is the offense did not give the D anything to play for. There was no motivation for the D to play well. They watched the game just as we did, and they saw a horrible offense just like we did!
The D played a part in the loss, but the reason we lost is our Offense! Score points, inspire the D, don't and it's a tall order to ask the D to keep us in the game!

We all know our D is young, and young players play more off emotion than vets, if we can get them believing they have a chance to win they are going to play more inspired football.
They knew and we knew we had no chance with croyle under center. Croyle sucks and nobody can argue that point. We need Cassel to stand any sort of chance.

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Croyle sucks! That is the point of this thread. The D could have played better, obviously, but the O looked like a high school team! You can't put it all on croyle, he didn't play every down of the entire game, but we have all seen over the years that he isn't even a number 2. He isn't even a number 3. The coaches sucked, the players played like they wanted to sit in the hot tub and throw down a few cold ones.

I think the D played as well as you could have expected them to play against a team with their backs up against the wall and at home!

The point is the offense did not give the D anything to play for. There was no motivation for the D to play well. They watched the game just as we did, and they saw a horrible offense just like we did!
The D played a part in the loss, but the reason we lost is our Offense! Score points, inspire the D, don't and it's a tall order to ask the D to keep us in the game!

We all know our D is young, and young players play more off emotion than vets, if we can get them believing they have a chance to win they are going to play more inspired football.
They knew and we knew we had no chance with croyle under center. Croyle sucks and nobody can argue that point. We need Cassel to stand any sort of chance.

It is kind of hard to play D at a high level for 40 mins of a game. They never could get off the field.

Chief4Ever&Ever
12-13-2010, 10:21 AM
It is kind of hard to play D at a high level for 40 mins of a game. They never could get off the field.

Exactly! They didn't have much of a chance! Being tired from playing almost the entire game, against one of the best offenses in the league, and the uninspired play of the offense, our D did not get much hlep.

Hayvern
12-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Croyle is not a very good back-up QB and is as fragile as glass, but there were at least 16 to 17 other players that were part of the reason we lost also. Our defense was bad from the start. Sure they were on the field too long, but they were getting beat from the start. Both of their lines were beating our lines. We couldn't run and they could. There is no excuse for letting San Diego run on you.

There's a whole lot of Chiefs players that need to step it back up if they want to win the West. That said we do need to get someone better than Croyle,

Well let's see, what good came out of the game yesterday. I know how so many of us like to stay positive.

Let's see.... ummmm..... wait there's.....

I got nothin

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Well let's see, what good came out of the game yesterday. I know how so many of us like to stay positive.

I got nothin

There is one positive that was a beautiful INT Berry got. What concentration on his part. Maybe Bowe can take some lessons from Berry lol.

KCMASS
12-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Croyle is yet another horrible QB draft pick over the years! Anyone remember Mike Elkins, Matt Blundin? The list goes on. Aside from Mike Livingston, who was "decent" not great by any means, that was the only draft pick worth mentioning. Maybe Roger Staubach, but that was a Navy thing.

Checkout this YouTube link about KC QB picks over the years. Pretty cool.

YouTube - Chiefs QB Draft History

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Croyle is yet another horrible QB draft pick over the years! Anyone remember Mike Elkins, Matt Blundin? The list goes on. Aside from Mike Livingston, who was "decent" not great by any means, that was the only draft pick worth mentioning. Maybe Roger Staubach, but that was a Navy thing.

Checkout this YouTube link about KC QB picks over the years. Pretty cool.

YouTube - Chiefs QB Draft History (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rljGXkIc_HY)

I guess the only defense I have for the Chiefs is that there really wasn't any great QB's in the 06 draft. Unless you think Jay Cutler is a great QB then there is nobody.

Coach
12-13-2010, 01:44 PM

I got nothin

They came out of the game healthy. That's all I got.

Canada
12-13-2010, 01:45 PM

I got nothinI got to drink a lot of beer!! I mean A LOT!!

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 02:17 PM
They came out of the game healthy. That's all I got.

Maybe another good wakeup call. We took the Denver loss on the nose and then were inspired and came out and won 3 in a row...follow that pattern again and we are in the playoffs...

nigeriannightmare
12-13-2010, 02:48 PM

I mentioned it earlier. The D got 2 turnovers I think that's pretty good....

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 03:26 PM
I mentioned it earlier. The D got 2 turnovers I think that's pretty good....

Ya thats good its a shame that we couldn't do anything with those turnovers tho

SIC J
12-13-2010, 04:34 PM

THIS is exactly what I've been saying the whole time and everyone keeps saying, "our defense this, our defense that".

Because the offense getting a whole 5 first downs the entire game helped right?

They punted 8 times!!!!

They were also 0-11 on 3rd down (I think)!!!

Even being on the field 40 mins, they still forced 2 turnovers! The offense came out and did NOTHING.

Canada
12-13-2010, 04:59 PM
THIS is exactly what I've been saying the whole time and everyone keeps saying, "our defense this, our defense that".

Because the offense getting a whole 5 first downs the entire game helped right?

They punted 8 times!!!!

They were also 0-11 on 3rd down (I think)!!!

Even being on the field 40 mins, they still forced 2 turnovers! The offense came out and did NOTHING.

Sorry, are you saying the D played well? We were down 21-0 at the half. They could not have been that tired yet. EVERYONE is to blame for yesterday.

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 10:29 PM
EVERYONE is to blame for yesterday.

...This!

Ryfo18
12-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Sorry, are you saying the D played well? We were down 21-0 at the half. They could not have been that tired yet. EVERYONE is to blame for yesterday.

I blame Canada, the country and the person.

josh1971
12-14-2010, 01:15 AM
I'll tell ya what good came out of this Charger game- Tyson Jackson got his first NFL sack!!!!!

Sure, it was in a losing cause, but in a game with so few positives...

wilqb16
12-14-2010, 01:49 AM
I'll tell ya what good came out of this Charger game- Tyson Jackson got his first NFL sack!!!!!

Sure, it was in a losing cause, but in a game with so few positives...

Actually, the defense played pretty well after the first two scores. I thought we got hosed on the Floyd TD - though it would have made little difference in the outcome.

4everchiefsfan25
12-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Actually, the defense played pretty well after the first two scores. I thought we got hosed on the Floyd TD - though it would have made little difference in the outcome.

I don't understand why we have instant replay when they wont overturn obvious calls. That touchdown wasn't a catch and when that guy ran out of bounds on the punt return and they didn't call him out at the point. Not that it really mattered but if they arent going to over turn the obvious calls lets just get rid of it and go back old school.

Bike
12-14-2010, 04:02 PM
I got to drink a lot of beer!! I mean A LOT!!
Have you ever drank a LITTLE beer?

Canada
12-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Have you ever drank a LITTLE beer?Yes, but I had to drink about 750 of them!!
http://image28.webshots.com/29/8/35/1/284183501LqSQlE_fs.jpg

4everchiefsfan25
12-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Drinking beer should be in the Olympics!!

Canada
12-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Drinking beer should be in the Olympics!!I always told my mom I could be an Olympian!! :drunkhb:

josh1971
12-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, but I had to drink about 750 of them!!
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

YouTube - Lame Joke Drums - Rimshot (For use in forums)

Pro_Angler
12-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Ive been a huge supporter of Brodie as you all know, but I will say it's time for him to leave his wife with the chiefs and go away. We need to either draft or pick up a vetran free agent that fits our game plan.

wilqb16
12-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Ive been a huge supporter of Brodie as you all know, but I will say it's time for him to leave his wife with the chiefs and go away. We need to either draft or pick up a vetran free agent that fits our game plan.

I say we bring in a vet in preseason and see how it goes...still like Brodie as a #3 guy. I also am not quite ready to completely throw in the towel after the one bad outing. He did great against the Ravens last season, so I don't know that we can put everything for Sunday on him...

Ryfo18
12-17-2010, 12:00 AM
I'll go on the record and say that no backup quarterback in the league could have went into that game last week and done any better...I look at what Brodie did against the Ravens last year, week 1, with LJ as his main running back (11 carries, 20 yards that week).... Brodie went 16-24 with 177 yards, 2TD, 0 INT.

The game plan last week was absolutely awful. The Chargers had our blueprint--run the ball--and they stopped it. The Chiefs NEVER strayed away from this and gave Brodie a chance to make plays.

I understand you can be worried that if Brodie turns the ball over on the road, we have a hard time, but give him a chance to make plays!!!

PRIME EXAMPLE: 1st quarter, 3rd and 11 and we throw a WR screen. NO chance for Brodie to look good there. As the game progressed, 1st and 2nd down run...3rd and long pass. No quarterback can overcome that.

I think it's seriously foolish to crucify Brodie, when our coaching staff failed to give him any opportunities to win that game.

SIC J
12-17-2010, 12:13 AM
I'll go on the record and say that no backup quarterback in the league could have went into that game last week and done any better...I look at what Brodie did against the Ravens last year, week 1, with LJ as his main running back (11 carries, 20 yards that week).... Brodie went 16-24 with 177 yards, 2TD, 0 INT.

The game plan last week was absolutely awful. The Chargers had our blueprint--run the ball--and they stopped it. The Chiefs NEVER strayed away from this and gave Brodie a chance to make plays.

I understand you can be worried that if Brodie turns the ball over on the road, we have a hard time, but give him a chance to make plays!!!

PRIME EXAMPLE: 1st quarter, 3rd and 11 and we throw a WR screen. NO chance for Brodie to look good there. As the game progressed, 1st and 2nd down run...3rd and long pass. No quarterback can overcome that.

I think it's seriously foolish to crucify Brodie, when our coaching staff failed to give him any opportunities to win that game.

Ummm isn't that what Cassel has been dealing with ALL year long????? haha

Ryfo18
12-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Ummm isn't that what Cassel has been dealing with ALL year long????? haha

Not really...Cassel has had a chance on the early downs to make plays, it's not 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down pass. It seriously hasn't been. They've done a great job of mixing it up, getting to 3rd and short, and converting. Croyle never got the opportunity on the early downs to make any difference.

Bike
12-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Not really...Cassel has had a chance on the early downs to make plays, it's not 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down pass. It seriously hasn't been. They've done a great job of mixing it up, getting to 3rd and short, and converting. Croyle never got the opportunity on the early downs to make any difference.
Yes. We knew bolts were gonna play 8 men on the line to stuff the run. A little creative game-planning might had given us a chance. Maybe some bootlegs and some wildcat - anything but run-run-pass-punt.

tornadospotter
12-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes. We knew bolts were gonna play 8 men on the line to stuff the run. A little creative game-planning might had given us a chance. Maybe some bootlegs and some wildcat - anything but run-run-pass-punt.
Yep!

matthewschiefs
12-17-2010, 10:16 PM

I really think that a big part of why we were not able to get anything going on the offensive side of the ball is that the gameplan was scaled WAY back. I think that hurt us alot. I don't think it would have mattered who was at QB with that gameplan we were not going to have alot of sucess on offense.

Canada
12-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Am I the only one who noticed that every time Brodie dropped back he got sacked for about 12 yards and when he didnt get sacked he missed receivers by a mile? There is no game planning for poor QB play.

Bike
12-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Am I the only one who noticed that every time Brodie dropped back he got sacked for about 12 yards and when he didnt get sacked he missed receivers by a mile? There is no game planning for poor QB play.
It makes me wonder if Croyle is really that bad, why is he taking up a roster spot?

Canada
12-18-2010, 06:31 AM
It makes me wonder if Croyle is really that bad, why is he taking up a roster spot?

I seriously think we should have ran some sort of wildcat offense by the 2nd half last week. It couldnt have been any worse. Its time for Brodie to go away now.

Bike
12-18-2010, 08:20 AM
I seriously think we should have ran some sort of wildcat offense by the 2nd half last week. It couldnt have been any worse. Its time for Brodie to go away now.
It's saturday morning. Its time for an adult beverage. Its time for a beer. :drunkhb:

Drunker Hillbilly
12-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Stop wondering, HE IS!! I would be willing to bet a bundle of money that over 50% and probably closer to 75%, of the back up QB's in the league would not go 0-11 if given the opportunity to start because of an injury to a team's starter. IMO, this is certainly one position that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

SIC J
12-18-2010, 01:21 PM
I really think that a big part of why we were not able to get anything going on the offensive side of the ball is that the gameplan was scaled WAY back. I think that hurt us alot. I don't think it would have mattered who was at QB with that gameplan we were not going to have alot of sucess on offense.

For the most part, that IS the Chiefs game plan EVERY game. They are a RUN first team. When Croyle was giving the chance to throw, he sat back in the pocket til he got sacked or threw horrible passes. EVERY time he got sacked he pump faked the ball and would never throw it, which is why he got sacked.

Croyle doesn't know how to read defenses, check down, call out blitzes, audible, or go any thing like that that Cassel would have done. So pretty much what I'm saying it that without Cassel back there, the Chiefs offense was doomed from the start.

Canada
12-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Stop wondering, HE IS!! I would be willing to bet a bundle of money that over 50% and probably closer to 75%, of the back up QB's in the league would not go 0-11 if given the opportunity to start because of an injury to a team's starter. IMO, this is certainly one position that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

In his defense, I think most would have gone 0-9 with the team he was playing with the past few years

wilqb16
12-18-2010, 02:50 PM
In his defense, I think most would have gone 0-9 with the team he was playing with the past few years

I agree - keep in mind, itsn't like our other QB's tore the joint up and we had a lot of them Huard, Thigpen, even Cassel last season.

Show me a bad team and I will show you a bad quarterback...

Drunker Hillbilly
12-18-2010, 09:20 PM
I'd bet a beer on that. He is TERRIBLE.

Canada
12-18-2010, 11:08 PM
I'd bet a beer on that. He is TERRIBLE.

I agree that he is terrible, but what backup QB is going to do any better?

wilqb16
12-19-2010, 12:01 AM

I watched the UFL this season and I wouldn't mind us taking a look at Daunte Culpepper...

Drunker Hillbilly
12-19-2010, 09:15 AM

First keep in mind that there has only been one team to go without a win and that's only 5 games more than the 11. As for the question, there are several IMO.

Vick/Kolb depending on who was starting.
John Kitna
Kerry Collins
Marc Bulger
Shawn Hill
Byron Leftwich
Charlie Batch

These are just a few that come to mind. I would bet there are several more if I were to look them up but to say Croyle sucks is an understatement. 0-11 as a starter IMO would be hard to do if you were a player with any skill at all at that level.

Ryfo18
12-19-2010, 09:43 AM
First keep in mind that there has only been one team to go without a win and that's only 5 games more than the 11. As for the question, there are several IMO.

Vick/Kolb depending on who was starting.
John Kitna
Kerry Collins
Marc Bulger
Shawn Hill
Byron Leftwich
Charlie Batch

These are just a few that come to mind. I would bet there are several more if I were to look them up but to say Croyle sucks is an understatement. 0-11 as a starter IMO would be hard to do if you were a player with any skill at all at that level.

Yeah the common theme, other than Kolb, is a veteran QB that has started in the NFL before. It's a smart route to go.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah the common theme, other than Kolb, is a veteran QB that has started in the NFL before. It's a smart route to go.
Personally I think Croyle will be out of the league in a matter of a very short time but IMO it's a must to have successful experience of some sort at that position.

Chiefster
12-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Personally I think Croyle will be out of the league in a matter of a very short time but IMO it's a must to have successful experience of some sort at that position.

You have spoken with wisdom beyond your years. :D

billb40
12-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Brodie was bad the team was bad. Nuff said. Cassel is the man.

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Brodie was bad the team was bad. Nuff said. Cassel is the man.

...This!

stricken721
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM
I think the best thing now about Cassel is knowing he will be around for a long time. It's nice to have a QB we can look deep into the teams future with.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I think the best thing now about Cassel is knowing he will be around for a long time. It's nice to have a QB we can look deep into the teams future with.
Not only that he is going to be with us for a long time but he keeps getting better as time goes on.

stricken721
12-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Not only that he is going to be with us for a long time but he keeps getting better as time goes on.

Yep. He's a QB we can be proud of and actually use in a "My Quarterback is better than yours" argument.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Yep. He's a QB we can be proud of and actually use in a "My Quarterback is better than yours" argument.
I think he has a little more to go before we can say that about a lot of the qb's in the NFL

stricken721
12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
I think he has a little more to go before we can say that about a lot of the qb's in the NFL

True. But he's getting there.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 03:40 PM
yes, and if we got Fitz it would make his progress go even faster

wilqb16
12-20-2010, 07:27 PM

I wouldn't say "a lot"...he may not be in the top 5, but I think the top 10 is fair...

QB's I'd put CLEARLY ahead of Matt Cassel right now.

1) Tom Brady
2) Peyton Manning
3) Drew Brees
4) Mike Vick
5) Ben Roethlisburger
6) Aaron Rodgers

Outside of that, I think you are splitting hairs or have guys who aren't as good as Cassel.

chief31
12-20-2010, 09:30 PM
0-11 as a starter IMO would be hard to do if you were a player with any skill at all at that level.

HoFer, Troy Aikman managed 1-12.

I certainly don't think that what we saw of Croyle, against The Chargers, was what I would call typical.

If Haley and crew think that he needs to go, then I'll agree. But watching one terrible game does not convince me of anything about him.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-20-2010, 09:57 PM
HoFer, Troy Aikman managed 1-12.

I certainly don't think that what we saw of Croyle, against The Chargers, was what I would call typical.

If Haley and crew think that he needs to go, then I'll agree. But watching one terrible game does not convince me of anything about him.

"one terrible game"????????????????????

I'm confused. Let me point out that what is typical is him losing when starting hence the 0-11. Name the last QB to go 0 for his first 11 starts. I have not looked this up but I'm not sure there is one that I can remember off hand......

chief31
12-20-2010, 10:32 PM
"one terrible game"????????????????????

I'm confused. Let me point out that what is typical is him losing when starting hence the 0-11. Name the last QB to go 0 for his first 11 starts. I have not looked this up but I'm not sure there is one that I can remember off hand......

1-12 isn't a fair enough comparison?

Including last weekend, against The Chargers, he has played on terrible teams. (The Chiefs were a terrible team against The Chargers.)

As I said, if Weiss doesn't want him, then fine. He's seen a whole lot more of Croyle than I have.

But if Weiss decides to keep him, I am definitely taking his evaluation above yours.

I have seen one game from Croyle with a team that is capable of winning. He sucked.

But that is one game. No matter how may different ways one looks at it, it is still one game.

The first 0-9? It was an absolutely horrible offense. And I make little judgment on any QB trying to play on that team.

By your assesment, Orton, being 3-8 made him a pretty terrible QB, despite being the top passer in The NFL after 12 weeks of this season.

But then, at 1-12, you would have given up on Troy Aikman too, right?

Playing on a team that is terrible, with a terrible coaching staff/gameplan, can happen to anyone, and a crap result is to be expected.

You have your mind made up? Fine.

But I am going to put very little stock in his 0-9 start, with a team that ranked 31st on defense, and had Herm Edwards in charge of the offense.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-21-2010, 09:57 AM

Including last weekend, against The Chargers, he has played on terrible teams. (The Chiefs were a terrible team against The Chargers.)

As I said, if Weiss doesn't want him, then fine. He's seen a whole lot more of Croyle than I have.

But if Weiss decides to keep him, I am definitely taking his evaluation above yours.

I have seen one game from Croyle with a team that is capable of winning. He sucked.

But that is one game. No matter how may different ways one looks at it, it is still one game.

The first 0-9? It was an absolutely horrible offense. And I make little judgment on any QB trying to play on that team.

By your assesment, Orton, being 3-8 made him a pretty terrible QB, despite being the top passer in The NFL after 12 weeks of this season.

Playing on a team that is terrible, with a terrible coaching staff/gameplan, can happen to anyone, and a crap result is to be expected.

But I am going to put very little stock in his 0-9 start, with a team that ranked 31st on defense, and had Herm Edwards in charge of the offense.

Your points are noted however I'm not sure I agree with them (all). I'm just saying that the eye test doesn't lie regardless of the team you are on. You can look at a player and tell if he has what it takes to get the job done just by the way he plays.

So I guess your saying that if Weiss cuts him you will say my evaluation is correct? I'm not looking for that but I think it's clear to many more people than just I that he is simply no good. Not to mention how fragile he is. I also think that when you are the only one in history to go zero for eleven in your first eleven starts, that says something no matter the team your playing for. (again, no resaerch done on this stat).

Since you don't like my evaluation and your waiting on Weiss' evaluation, what is your evaluation. Don't give me the "he was on a bad team" stuff since you already have. Give me your real evaluation of the 0-11 QB.

C Louie
12-21-2010, 11:04 AM
I find it hard to believe that this is still being discussed. It is obvious that Croyle is not a starting NFL QB and why are we still talking about him after that great performance by Mr. Cassel on Sunday?

4everchiefsfan25
12-21-2010, 11:05 AM
my question is when did Brodie sneak in another game to lose? because I thought he was only 0-10

wilqb16
12-21-2010, 01:55 PM
my question is when did Brodie sneak in another game to lose? because I thought he was only 0-10

Even at 0-10 I think too much is made of this...QB gets too much of the blame for the losses. It isn't like Brodie went 0-10 and the other QB's went 8-2 around him. Brodie went 0-9 on teams with a combined record of 10-38.

SIC J
12-21-2010, 02:16 PM

In 2007 Croyle had 6 starts. All resulted in losses. That SAME year, Huard played with that SAME EXACT team of players and coaches and resulted in a 4-6 record.

So you can throw out the excuses of 31st ranked defense and Herm Edwards.

Croyle is just not a good QB at all.

This argument is worse than everyone saying Cassel wasn't a good QB and now look what you are all saying.

matthewschiefs
12-21-2010, 02:57 PM
In 2007 Croyle had 6 starts. All resulted in losses. That SAME year, Huard played with that SAME EXACT team of players and coaches and resulted in a 4-6 record.

This argument is worse than everyone saying Cassel wasn't a good QB and now look what you are all saying.

I don't think that you can throw out the team and the horrible coach at all. Yes Hurard managed to win a few ballgames but that's not just because Brodie was not at Qb. And lets face it 4-6 is not a good record either. Brodie can be a good NFL QB IMO he has looked good for us at times. Like the Ravens game a year ago. His issue is that he has not been able to gain the experiance that he needs to become better because he was unable to stay healty. If he goes somewere eles and is able to stay healty I think he could be good. I will stick with Cassel still but I do think Brodie can still be a good qb. I don't think he should get all the blame for his record. He played on bad TEAMS and TEAMS are who win or lose ball games.

4everchiefsfan25
12-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Even at 0-10 I think too much is made of this...QB gets too much of the blame for the losses. It isn't like Brodie went 0-10 and the other QB's went 8-2 around him. Brodie went 0-9 on teams with a combined record of 10-38.
That is true but QB's always get too much credit for winning also. Its the good the bad and the ugly with being a QB. Being the QB you get the ball every snap (unless you run the wildcat) when the offense is on the field and the spotlight is on you also.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-21-2010, 07:33 PM

Just when I thought I had a great rebuttle........you beat me to it!!!! LOL

Boxermm187
12-21-2010, 07:43 PM

yup! you said it

wilqb16
12-21-2010, 07:48 PM
SIC J[/B] ;219882]
Originally Posted by http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=219834#post219834)

OK - so now to win the argument I have to argue that Damon Huard was one of the most under-rated QB's of all-time?

Sigh...I'm not even going to go there...

chief31
12-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Your points are noted however I'm not sure I agree with them (all). I'm just saying that the eye test doesn't lie regardless of the team you are on. You can look at a player and tell if he has what it takes to get the job done just by the way he plays.

So I guess your saying that if Weiss cuts him you will say my evaluation is correct? I'm not looking for that but I think it's clear to many more people than just I that he is simply no good. Not to mention how fragile he is. I also think that when you are the only one in history to go zero for eleven in your first eleven starts, that says something no matter the team your playing for. (again, no resaerch done on this stat).

Since you don't like my evaluation and your waiting on Weiss' evaluation, what is your evaluation. Don't give me the "he was on a bad team" stuff since you already have. Give me your real evaluation of the 0-11 QB.

I really don't have one.

All I have seen of him is one good game (loss at Baltimore in '09) and one horrible game, two weeks ago.

Beyond that, it was a young, oft-injured QB in a QB-killer offense.

That's why I wouldn't trust your evaluation, nor give you credit for it, should Weiss match it.

I could only give you credit for a good blind guess.

Huard was a seasoned veteran, and Croyle was a first timer. And even Huard, who had an excellent season, just a year before (Al Saunders' offense), did poorly (4-6 is not good.).

I just don't put a whole lot of stock into his performance, nor anyone else's, in Herm Edwards' offense.

Did you really just do that?

Did you really just point out how wrong it was when people said our QB was bad, right after saying how bad our other QB is?

Again though, I really don't know what to make of Croyle, beside that he seems quite injury-prone.

I just don't get how every else seems to have made a full evaluation, with such a small, tainted, sample of his play.

figcrostic
12-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Thigpen> Croyle

and Thigpen isn't even a good QB

Seek
12-23-2010, 08:15 AM
I just don't get how every else seems to have made a full evaluation, with such a small, tainted, sample of his play.

I have made a full evaluation just watching him play. Throw out the records. All the pre-season games and the actual home games he played. The guy just does not have it. I honestly can not say I can recall him making a decent pass to a receiver thinking wow, that was a good throw. Instead, I find myself saying, what was that. It has gotten to the point that he always looks for the dump pass instead of making the tough throws.

He may have a good Arm and can make tough throws in practice but put a DB on his receivers and he is not completing the pass unless the Wr is wide open with a 10 yard cushion.

At least Thigpen made some tough throws, or made some tough plays with his feet. The argument that Croyle played on bad teams is true, but a large portion of that was Croyle as we did have a running game. If do find it odd that Thigpen and Huard won games with these same teams yet the only defense one can make for Croyle is that he played on a bad teams.

Give the fact the guy gets hurt when the wind blows. Makes it impossible to even count on him being a back up.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-23-2010, 09:03 AM
I really don't have one.

All I have seen of him is one good game (loss at Baltimore in '09) and one horrible game, two weeks ago.

Beyond that, it was a young, oft-injured QB in a QB-killer offense.

That's why I wouldn't trust your evaluation, nor give you credit for it, should Weiss match it.

I could only give you credit for a good blind guess.

Huard was a seasoned veteran, and Croyle was a first timer. And even Huard, who had an excellent season, just a year before (Al Saunders' offense), did poorly (4-6 is not good.).

I just don't put a whole lot of stock into his performance, nor anyone else's, in Herm Edwards' offense.

Did you really just do that?

Did you really just point out how wrong it was when people said our QB was bad, right after saying how bad our other QB is?

Again though, I really don't know what to make of Croyle, beside that he seems quite injury-prone.

A blind guess.......LMAO!! This is funny 31. Once again your superiority shines through. I guess me watching him for all 17 or 18 appearances in the NFL and reading about his practices as well as watching him in the preseason is simply not enough for a bum like me to evaluate him. After all, evaluations are another form of opinion correct?

Canada
12-23-2010, 09:37 AM
People are still talking about Croyle? No other unwinnable argumens left out there? He is not our QBOTF so sho gives a sh!t?

Drunker Hillbilly
12-23-2010, 09:44 AM
People are still talking about Croyle? No other unwinnable argumens left out there? He is not our QBOTF so sho gives a sh!t?
Matter of principle for me at this point since I have a guy who know's more about the game of football than Lombardi telling me there's not enough evidence proving he sucks and that my evaluation is more of a "guess" than anything.

Canada
12-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Yer just a drunk Hillbilly!!

Drunker Hillbilly
12-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Yer just a drunk Hillbilly!!
This is true!!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-23-2010, 10:13 AM
This is true!!:bananen_smilies046:Maybe we should hang out!! :bananen_smilies046: I'm not sure if you konw, but I like to drink beer!! :toast2:

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I just wish BC would do SOMETHING so we could use him as trade bait!

SIC J
12-23-2010, 02:47 PM
I just wish BC would do SOMETHING so we could use him as trade bait!

Warm up the bench or get everyone water???

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Warm up the bench or get everyone water???

Sadly that may be about the extent of his usefulness.

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Sadly that may be about the extent of his usefulness.
I dunno maybe he can bring his wife to practice everyday so the whole team can look her maybe thats all he is good for

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2010, 04:17 PM
:lol::lol::lol: It would be nice to get SOMETHING for him!

chief31
12-23-2010, 04:49 PM
A blind guess.......LMAO!! This is funny 31. Once again your superiority shines through. I guess me watching him for all 17 or 18 appearances in the NFL and reading about his practices as well as watching him in the preseason is simply not enough for a bum like me to evaluate him. After all, evaluations are another form of opinion correct?

I am not the guy saying....

I really don't know

But somehow, I am the Know-it-all?

Also, is there somebody out there writing about Croyle's practices? And are you actually using those writings in your evaluation of our backups' talents?

Here's an idea though, how about if you just cop an attitude over nothing, and pretend like I insulted you.

That usually works out for you.

Let me guess.... this is about where you show me pictures of the gym where you do you're MMA training?

:lol:

Hey. Just teasin'.

But there really was nothing to get bent out of shape about there.

Just because I would consider it a "good guess" if Weiss shared your opinion, is nothing to get yourself all hurt about.

And I didn't call you a bumb.

But I'll give credit for another good guess there too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: <Humor intended.>

Sorry. That was too funny to pass on, for me.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Wrong guy with the MMA pics but nice effort! I just find it funny how if he was to be released by Weiss and I have been saying he sucks you would respect Weiss' evaluation but somehow find mine to be a guess. It's ok though, I realize you are superior to most with your knowledge of the game.

chief31
12-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Wrong guy with the MMA pics but nice effort!

Oh. Sounded like you.
:D
I just find it funny how if he was to be released by Weiss and I have been saying he sucks you would respect Weiss' evaluation but somehow find mine to be a guess. It's ok though, I realize you are superior to most with your knowledge of the game.

No. I was serious.

Nothing to be all hurt about.

Weiss watches Croyle on an everyday basis. While you have one game, some preseason, and a bit of history with a garbage offense that you are attempting to use to label someone as trash.

Oops. I forgot to mention all the reading about practices.:lol:

But, if it will help you to feel better.....

Bring this thread back up if Croyle doesn't come back next season, and I'll stroke your fragile little ego for ya, by telling everyone how precise your evaluation of Croyle was, all along.

Not really. I still remember your evaluations of LJ.:lol:

Drunker Hillbilly
12-24-2010, 09:51 AM
No. I was serious.

Nothing to be all hurt about.

Weiss watches Croyle on an everyday basis. While you have one game, some preseason, and a bit of history with a garbage offense that you are attempting to use to label someone as trash.

Oops. I forgot to mention all the reading about practices.:lol:

But, if it will help you to feel better.....

Bring this thread back up if Croyle doesn't come back next season, and I'll stroke your fragile little ego for ya, by telling everyone how precise your evaluation of Croyle was, all along.

Not really. I still remember your evaluations of LJ.:lol:

Ya your right again, LJ was terrible when he took over for Priest! I had been calling for him to start over Priest before that season started because Priest had been hurt the 2 years prior if you will remember correctly. By the way, you'll have to stroke everyone on this site because you seem to be the only one who won't say Croyle sucks because the 17 games he has played in isn't enough evidence to show you that!
:crucified:

70 chiefsfan70
12-24-2010, 10:20 AM
:lol::lol::lol: It would be nice to get SOMETHING for him!

I'm sure all the AFC West teams would give us at least a third rounder to start him when we play them.:yahoo:

chief31
12-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Ya your right again, LJ was terrible when he took over for Priest! I had been calling for him to start over Priest before that season started because Priest had been hurt the 2 years prior if you will remember correctly.

Drunkhillbilly didn't start posting here until 2007.

By the way, you'll have to stroke everyone on this site because you seem to be the only one who won't say Croyle sucks because the 17 games he has played in isn't enough evidence to show you that!

Awwww.

What exactly, does it take to get you get over it?

More smilies?:D :lol: :D

But really? Still defending LJ?

I have figured out your evaluation process.

You just pay no attention, whatsoever, to the players' situations.

LJ was terrific with a fantastic offense, so you labelled him as terrific. While Croyle was crap in a crap offense, so you label him crap.

I get it. It's what most people do.

Unfortunately, if the situation that the player is in changes, you just don't bother to change your evaluation.

Hey. Where's LJ tearing it up at, right now?

He's awesome!

Too bad the Redskins couldn't see that from his five carries, for two yards, that he contributed to their team. They must just be haters. Because they didn't even call him back when they lost their first two HBs to injuries.

Look... I only brought LJ up to tease ya about your evaluation skills. You were supposed to let that one go as a joke. Not get even more hurt and go telling me how uber-leet LJ is.

Honestly, I don't know what to say to you.

I was just goofin' on ya. I told you it was just a goof. And you are still acting all defensive.

I am truly sorry for whatever you took as an insult, instead of a joke. Hope you can take the LJ comments above a bit better.

Merry Christmas!:chiefs:

Drunker Hillbilly
12-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Awwww.

What exactly, does it take to get you get over it?

More smilies?:D :lol: :D

But really? Still defending LJ?

I have figured out your evaluation process.

You just pay no attention, whatsoever, to the players' situations.

LJ was terrific with a fantastic offense, so you labelled him as terrific. While Croyle was crap in a crap offense, so you label him crap.

I get it. It's what most people do.

Unfortunately, if the situation that the player is in changes, you just don't bother to change your evaluation.

Hey. Where's LJ tearing it up at, right now?

He's awesome!

Too bad the Redskins couldn't see that from his five carries, for two yards, that he contributed to their team. They must just be haters. Because they didn't even call him back when they lost their first two HBs to injuries.

Look... I only brought LJ up to tease ya about your evaluation skills. You were supposed to let that one go as a joke. Not get even more hurt and go telling me how uber-leet LJ is.

Honestly, I don't know what to say to you.

I was just goofin' on ya. I told you it was just a goof. And you are still acting all defensive.

I am truly sorry for whatever you took as an insult, instead of a joke. Hope you can take the LJ comments above a bit better.

Merry Christmas!:chiefs:

I love it. If you only knew how thick my skin was.......

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Canada
12-24-2010, 08:24 PM
I love it. If you only knew how thick my foreskin was.......

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

You guys are fu*ked up but Merry Christmas anyways!! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
12-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Ya your right again, LJ was terrible when he took over for Priest! I had been calling for him to start over Priest before that season started because Priest had been hurt the 2 years prior if you will remember correctly. By the way, you'll have to stroke everyone on this site because you seem to be the only one who won't say Croyle sucks because the 17 games he has played in isn't enough evidence to show you that!

I also say that Croyle doesn't suck. He might not be the right fit for us but that does not mean that he sucks. I have sat here every week last season and this when anyone complained about Cassel I said that the loss was not on Cassel and we would be rushing to judgment to say he was a horrible QB. I did the same for Brodie after the Charger loss. Brodie might not have been able to get a win but it's not the Brodie Croyle lost games it was back in 07 08 and this season the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS lost. No one player wins or loses games and I don't think that anyone is saying that Brodie is even a good Qb. We just won't say he's terrible.

ctchiefsfan
12-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Fair enough!

Hayvern
12-26-2010, 06:28 PM
I also say that Croyle doesn't suck. He might not be the right fit for us but that does not mean that he sucks. I have sat here every week last season and this when anyone complained about Cassel I said that the loss was not on Cassel and we would be rushing to judgment to say he was a horrible QB. I did the same for Brodie after the Charger loss. Brodie might not have been able to get a win but it's not the Brodie Croyle lost games it was back in 07 08 and this season the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS lost. No one player wins or loses games and I don't think that anyone is saying that Brodie is even a good Qb. We just won't say he's terrible.

He comes in for four plays today and throws an interception. Yes, it was off of Bowe but it was a horrible throw and I have to give credit to Bowe for even trying to catch the thing.

Face it all you Croyle lovers, he really is a bad quarterback and will likely not be back next season.

tornadospotter
12-26-2010, 10:51 PM
He comes in for four plays today and throws an interception. Yes, it was off of Bowe but it was a horrible throw and I have to give credit to Bowe for even trying to catch the thing.

Face it all you Croyle lovers, he really is a bad quarterback and will likely not be back next season.
All I can say about Croyle, He obviously can make a great pass! Look at who he married. :D

wilqb16
12-27-2010, 01:50 AM
All I can say about Croyle, He obviously can make a great pass! Look at who he married. :D

Too funny!

I also am not ready to say Croyle sucks. I remember that good game he had at the beginning of '09 that had all the Cassel haters clamering for him to be the starter earlier this season. Now, 19 passes later, he stinks? Not saying he is good, I am just saying there really isn't enough data here. He hasn't even played a full season's worth of games.

Chiefster
12-27-2010, 01:57 AM
It is painfully obvious that it is physically impossible for Croyle to win in the NFL.

wilqb16
12-27-2010, 02:01 AM
It is painfully obvious that it is physically impossible for Croyle to win in the NFL.

How is that obvious? Even Ryan Leaf won a few starts (even one against us...gag...gag)

Chiefster
12-27-2010, 02:03 AM
How is that obvious? Even Ryan Leaf won a few starts (even one against us...gag...gag)

Well he's, oh I don't know, 0-10.

wilqb16
12-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Well he's, oh I don't know, 0-10.

Yes - but that doesn't mean that he couldn't win in the future. I mean 10 starts is not a lot.

Most QB's lose the majority of their first starts (Troy Aikman went 1-15 in his first 16).

Again, I am not even saying that he doesn't suck. I am just saying that - looking at the bulk of his work - I have seen some good things and some awful things.

The terrible game vs. the Chargers doesn't make me think he necessarily sucks anymore than the great game against the Ravens made me think he should start.

The game plan was terrible and he only threw 17 times...not much of a sample...

Chiefster
12-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Yes - but that doesn't mean that he couldn't win in the future. I mean 10 starts is not a lot.

Most QB's lose the majority of their first starts (Troy Aikman went 1-15 in his first 16).

Again, I am not even saying that he doesn't suck. I am just saying that - looking at the bulk of his work - I have seen some good things and some awful things.

The terrible game vs. the Chargers doesn't make me think he necessarily sucks anymore than the great game against the Ravens made me think he should start.

Good points all around. I'm just poking fun at Croyle. Seriously though, it is difficult for me to see him as anything that even remotely resembles a viable backup QB in the NFL.

Canada
12-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Who do we start in the playoffs? Croyle or Cassel?

ctchiefsfan
12-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Heh heh heh.....Good one Canada!

4everchiefsfan25
12-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Who do we start in the playoffs? Croyle or Cassel?
I dont know the way Croyle played man he looks like he can really move the ball

matthewschiefs
12-27-2010, 11:01 AM

I agree. Croyle could be good I have never said that he is. He's looked good and looked bad at times. I think the biggest problem with him is that he never got consitant playing time due to all the injuries he had. Yesterday he was brought in after sitting on the bench for hours of course he is not going to look great. Most QBS wouldn't look great. Brodie will likely move on after this year. He might not ever be anything in the NFL but I would not be shocked to see him do well somewere eles if he can stay healty and get more and more playing time.

4everchiefsfan25
12-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I agree. Croyle could be good I have never said that he is. He's looked good and looked bad at times. I think the biggest problem with him is that he never got consitant playing time due to all the injuries he had. Yesterday he was brought in after sitting on the bench for hours of course he is not going to look great. Most QBS wouldn't look great. Brodie will likely move on after this year. He might not ever be anything in the NFL but I would not be shocked to see him do well somewere eles if he can stay healty and get more and more playing time.
As a back up its your duty to be ready at any time to go in the game because you never know when your starting QB is going to get hurt. I just dont understand why people are still making excuses for Croyle. He will never be a starting QB he is not good enough.

matthewschiefs
12-27-2010, 11:14 AM
As a back up its your duty to be ready at any time to go in the game because you never know when your starting QB is going to get hurt. I just dont understand why people are still making excuses for Croyle. He will never be a starting QB he is not good enough.

It's not just makeing excuses there are times that the players are not put in a spot where they will look good. I think that was part of the case yesterday. I don't even think that Brodie got any time to warm up. I think the camras would have shown him if he was. I just am not one for thinking the QB is the only reason bad things happen with the offense. I felt the same way when Cassel haters hated on Cassel. IMO it's never just the QB. And again I have never said he was good I just think that given consitant playing time he COULD be good. But he would have to stay healty something that he has not proven that he can do.

4everchiefsfan25
12-27-2010, 11:17 AM
It's not just makeing excuses there are times that the players are not put in a spot where they will look good. I think that was part of the case yesterday. I don't even think that Brodie got any time to warm up. I think the camras would have shown him if he was. I just am not one for thinking the QB is the only reason bad things happen with the offense. I felt the same way when Cassel haters hated on Cassel. IMO it's never just the QB. And again I have never said he was good I just think that given consitant playing time he COULD be good. But he would have to stay healty something that he has not proven that he can do.
I think all his injuries have scared him so much that he doesn't look comfortable in the pocket and he rushes his throws I think that he wont have a job after the Chiefs let him go

matthewschiefs
12-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I think all his injuries have scared him so much that he doesn't look comfortable in the pocket and he rushes his throws I think that he wont have a job after the Chiefs let him go

That mght be the case. I think that there were so many injuries that they have to be in the back of him mind somewhere. I think that there will be a few teams to at least bring him in and give him a look. I mean Rex Grossman found work lol.

Hayvern
12-27-2010, 12:01 PM
That mght be the case. I think that there were so many injuries that they have to be in the back of him mind somewhere. I think that there will be a few teams to at least bring him in and give him a look. I mean Rex Grossman found work lol.

yeah, but Jamarcus Russell has not and Russell at least won a few games.

4everchiefsfan25
12-27-2010, 12:53 PM
yeah, but Jamarcus Russell has not and Russell at least won a few games.
:lol: ya but Jamarcus likes getting drunk on cough syrup and kool aid

ctchiefsfan
12-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Can we put the "Croyle debate" to bed? He is DONE! Put a fork in him!

kcvet
12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
one more thing.

why did he pull Cassel for those 2 plays yesterday???? you could tell Cassel put up quite a beef about it

ctchiefsfan
12-27-2010, 08:47 PM
It was 3 plays. And Haley wanted to talk to Cassel. We had a big lead and it was better to pull Cassel to talk to him than use a time out.

figcrostic
12-27-2010, 08:53 PM
:lol: ya but Jamarcus likes getting drunk on cough syrup and kool aid

What's wrong with that? :toast2:yummy

figcrostic
12-27-2010, 08:55 PM
It was 3 plays. And Haley wanted to talk to Cassel. We had a big lead and it was better to pull Cassel to talk to him than use a time out.

Maybe Cassel had to drop a douce

kcvet
12-27-2010, 09:19 PM

talk to him ??? I don't get it. Haley came up with something off the wall. he was asked about it and said it was something to do with team transitioning

ok fine

ctchiefsfan
12-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Maybe it was something "deeper"....but what difference does it make ? We were way up. For all it mattered Haley could have let Croyle play the rest of the game. I'm not sure even Croyle could have blown it for us the way the D was playing.

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs: GO CHIEFS!!!

4everchiefsfan25
12-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Maybe it was something "deeper"....but what difference does it make ? We were way up. For all it mattered Haley could have let Croyle play the rest of the game. I'm not sure even Croyle could have blown it for us the way the D was playing.

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs: GO CHIEFS!!!
Oh I wouldn't put it past Croyle. He probably could of thrown a couple of TD's for the Titans.

Chiefster
12-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh I wouldn't put it past Croyle. He probably could of thrown a couple of TD's for the Titans.

Yeah, he tends to be the opposing teams best player. :lol:

Ryfo18
12-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Will this thread ever end?

Chiefster
12-28-2010, 02:17 PM

I could arrange that, but it's Coaches thread so...

He'll need to do that. :D

wilqb16
12-28-2010, 02:34 PM

LOL

Wait...I think I just saw the horse move...

4everchiefsfan25
12-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, he tends to be the opposing teams best player. :lol:

figcrostic
12-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Brodie Croyle = Greatest QB of all time /thread

tornadospotter
12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Question ???? Is Croyle a Chief? If Cassel gets hurt who is our QB? We are in the play offs! Put it to rest! I believe in the Chiefs, and I still believe Croyle is a Chief, and can win in the NFL. I will always believe in the Chiefs.