PDA

View Full Version : So bad

figcrostic
12-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I actually turned the game off in the third quarter. I have never done this before but I couldn't take it anymore I was about to put my fist through the TV during this atrocity. Not wanting to fork over another thousand for a new big screen I did what any smart person would do I ate a couple cookies and took a nap.:chiefs:

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 07:50 PM
I stopped following on line play by play, began doing some other stuff, checked back in every 5 minutes or so. There was never any improvement.

I can't explain why, cause I don't know why...but I'm not taking this game loss seriously. I think the Chiefs will come back next week, and go on to the playoffs as anticipated by most. I have some hope, but don't have super high hopes of their making it through the playoffs, but any thing is possible.

Besides...there is nothing we can do to change what happen today...done deal, time to move on to next Sunday. Hopefully the team and coaches will show up to play, because it appears that was not the case today.

I look for 2011 to be 'THE' year.

figcrostic
12-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I stopped following on line play by play, began doing some other stuff, checked back in every 5 minutes or so. There was never any improvement.

I can't explain why, cause I don't know why...but I'm not taking this game loss seriously. I think the Chiefs will come back next week, and go on to the playoffs as anticipated by most. I have some hope, but don't have super high hopes of their making it through the playoffs, but any thing is possible.

Besides...there is nothing we can do to change what happen today...done deal, time to move on to next Sunday. Hopefully the team and coaches will show up to play, because it appears that was not the case today.

Yeah I'm not even disappointed we lost honestly I'm still impressed we even won 8 games so far, but I really thought we would have done better then this we got destroyed.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM
No, I didn't think it would be as bad of loss in points as it was either, but a loss is a loss, regardless.

Pro_Angler
12-12-2010, 08:32 PM
well i predicted 10 wins back in january and its still possible. I stand by my prediction of 3 SB wins in next ten years, we are baby team, we will get even better after the next draft and pick up a few more free agents.
I think we need to really look into picking up another back up QB, as much as i like Brodie he is not showing any growth.

chiefnut
12-12-2010, 08:41 PM

cj i am totally dissapointed in yoy, giving up on this year??? our fate is in our own hands, if we win out we are the division champs, not to shabby for a 4-12 team. the fate of the CHIEFS is in the hands of the CHIEFS right where we want i, and right where it should be. yes it is a tuff road but if was easy cleveland could have done it. i have a bottle of vermeil wine ready to drink when we win the division and the only team that canstop us is the CHIEFS themselves. and if we can't hack it then we didn't deserve but still had one heck of a season!!:chiefs: :bananen_smilies046:

GarH
12-12-2010, 08:43 PM
We definitely need a back-up QB. Someone who isn't as fragile as glass and is capable of winning.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
well i predicted 10 wins back in january and its still possible. I stand by my prediction of 3 SB wins in next ten years, we are baby team, we will get even better after the next draft and pick up a few more free agents.
I think we need to really look into picking up another back up QB, as much as i like Brodie he is not showing any growth.

I agree, we're young, and the great news is we're playing as well as we are with so many young players. We have some serious young talent & skill on our team. It's very possible as this team continues to evolve as a team, we could go to mulitple SB's in the coming years. I assume Pioli is wise enough to keep this team together in every way possible. When making too many trades or cuts with a team working as well together as our Chiefs appear to be doing...they dig themselves a hole difficult to climb out of.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 08:53 PM
cj i am totally dissapointed in yoy, giving up on this year??? our fate is in our own hands, if we win out we are the division champs, not to shabby for a 4-12 team. the fate of the CHIEFS is in the hands of the CHIEFS right where we want i, and right where it should be. yes it is a tuff road but if was easy cleveland could have done it. i have a bottle of vermeil wine ready to drink when we win the division and the only team that canstop us is the CHIEFS themselves. and if we can't hack it then we didn't deserve but still had one heck of a season!!:chiefs: :bananen_smilies046:

:D

I'm not giving up, hahaha. I have hope, just not super duper high hope, from a realistic point of view, rather than a heartfelt point of view, haha. It's not that I don't think our Chiefs are a good team at all, I think we're still too inconsistent in many ways, too many unresolved problem areas yet. We're a young team, still needing kinks worked out is to be expected.

I think we'll make it to the playoffs, my hopes are high in that aspect...I just see too many unresolved areas to make it through agains teams that have far less unresolved areas than we do. We need better pass defense for one concern, another is inconsistent play from our defense, another is not having solid back ups if a starter is injured.

Still, I'm right there with ya...not giving up...yet any way, lol.

:bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
12-12-2010, 08:57 PM
There are 3 more games left, we are 8-5, and still in 1st in the division. How is this season not still exciting and promising? We can beat all three of the teams we have left to face.

It was a horrible game today, but what can I say? This season, when we lose, we really make a display of it.

I'm hoping for 11-5 and playoffs. Go KC.

Bike
12-12-2010, 09:00 PM
There are 3 more games left, we are 8-5, and still in 1st in the division. How is this season not still exciting and promising? We can beat all three of the teams we have left to face.

It was a horrible game today, but what can I say? This season, when we lose, we really make a display of it.

I'm hoping for 11-5 and playoffs. Go KC.
No more embarrassing blowouts please. At least be competitive...

nigeriannightmare
12-12-2010, 09:19 PM
No more embarrassing blowouts please. At least be competitive...

Pretty sure the Patriots were blown out by the Cleveland Browns...This loss just shows how important Matt Cassel is to this team. All the haters and crtics should really keep their mouths shut I know a lot of people wanted to give croyle another try and what is he now 0-10 as a starter. We win out we are in and looking at our next 3 opponents that is a real possibility. A home playoff game this season who would have thought.

Bike
12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Pretty sure the Patriots were blown out by the Cleveland Browns...This loss just shows how important Matt Cassel is to this team. All the haters and crtics should really keep their mouths shut I know a lot of people wanted to give croyle another try and what is he now 0-10 as a starter. We win out we are in and looking at our next 3 opponents that is a real possibility. A home playoff game this season who would have thought.
At least the pats managed to score a couple td's...
Its the ZERO points that has me concerned at this point of the season.

nigeriannightmare
12-12-2010, 09:35 PM
At least the pats managed to score a couple td's...
Its the ZERO points that has me concerned at this point of the season.

But that was with Tom Brady behind the helm also so yes its disappinting but I'll take this beat down with a cassel-less offense than if he had been behind center.

Bike
12-12-2010, 09:39 PM
But that was with Tom Brady behind the helm also so yes its disappinting but I'll take this beat down with a cassel-less offense than if he had been behind center.
I will also take this beat down - I have no choice. Still very disappointed with this performance this late in the season.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 09:42 PM

Actually, there were quite a few of us before the season began who predicted we'd make the playoffs this year...including ME!! :D

nigeriannightmare
12-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Actually, there were quite a few of us before the season began who predicted we'd make the playoffs this year...including ME!! :D

I believe vegas had us at 100-1 to make the playoffs and SI picked us to finish dead last in the division....but kudos to you that were a bit more optimistic than me. I just wanted to win more than 4 games.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, I can't pin point why...I just don't think we know everything there is to know as to why we lost today. I think there may have been more to the loss than meets the eye. As I said, it's just a gut feeling.

I will go to my grave believing the playoff game in Indy when Edwards was still our coach...was thrown. I think it was pre-determined within the NFL that Manning & Dungy would go to a Super Bowl. The game today reminded me in many ways of that Colts playoff game. I don't think players are involved with controlling games, or playoff & Super Bowl teams for profit...think it's deeper within the NFL. Hey...stranger conspiracies in sports & politics have both come to pass, why not the NFL?

70 chiefsfan70
12-12-2010, 09:51 PM

I was one that thought we would make the playoffs, however thought we would do it with a 9 and 7 record. But the division is better than I expected, including the Chiefs.

I also believe that this was just a bad day for us and we'll get back up and shake it off. I have high hopes for the 2011 season.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I believe vegas had us at 100-1 to make the playoffs and SI picked us to finish dead last in the division....but kudos to you that were a bit more optimistic than me. I just wanted to win more than 4 games.

Well, I think most of us who did predict we'd go to the playoffs, were doing so more from hopeful hearts than logic at the time, hahaha. Still, I go into every season believing it will be THE season, regardless. As the season progress', well, my outlook can change of course, but I always begin the season positively.

:chiefs:

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, any thing can go wrong and does. Matt Cassel is a perfect example with his needing unexpected surgery this week. Still, I think we're gonna win the next 3, go to the playoffs. I wish my hopes were as high for making it through the playoffs, but hey...we have had a great year, by comparison to previous especially!! A much greater year than a vast majority thought we would! GO CHIEFS!!!

Pro_Angler
12-12-2010, 11:43 PM
In all fairness, its not like brodie had weks to prepare or even a week, they had a game plan set for the team and matt and then comes wed. afternoon and everything changes.

Chiefster
12-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Glad I didn't pay money to go see it in person.

Bike
12-13-2010, 11:59 AM
In all fairness, its not like brodie had weks to prepare or even a week, they had a game plan set for the team and matt and then comes wed. afternoon and everything changes.
He had 2 years to prepare. He gets paid to be prepared. Neither Croyle or Weis were prepared for this game.

OPLookn
12-13-2010, 12:14 PM
This game was one of those that it was 19 on 11....12th man plus 7 "refs". I have NO idea how you can call a catch that the receiver has to bring his left hand up to push the ball back in after hitting the ground a TD. Boggles my mind. Not to mention a challenge where the return man CLEARLY steps out of bounds and yet he didn't step out and in fact ran another what....20 yards?

Granted it didn't matter since the broadcasters showed that we were just about to have the fewest yards in franchise history until Tyler Palko throws a pass to Tucker who had to leap about 3 feet in the air to get and then watch Haley tell them to kneel on the ball.

To people saying that Croyle lost us the game. Yes, Croyle didn't play good. But the guy threw for what...40 of something like 70 yards that we had, Tyler Palko had another 7 or 8? That means we had under 30 yards of rushing. Thirty yards of rushing and it's Croyle's fault?!? Give me a break! The reason I say Croyle is done was because he stared down receivers, he wasn't accurate and oh dear lord and sweet baby jesus throw the ball away instead of trying to make a play. Croyle was trying hard and it showed.

As for the defense, I'd say yeah they were on the field all day but how do you let San Diego score 21 points in the first half, not let them score in the 3rd qtr and then only get 10 pts in the 4th. This wasn't a case of them being on the field to long it was a case of them not showing up in the 1st half. Not to mention ALL of this was without Gates in the game.

People are allowed to their opinion but to any one that says this game is on Croyle...sorry but I'll agree to disagree.

Canada
12-13-2010, 12:28 PM
He had 2 years to prepare. He gets paid to be prepared. Neither Croyle or Weis were prepared for this game.

No he didnt. He does not get the same reps in practice that Cassel does. He spends most of the time on the sidelines with a clipboard.

Bike
12-13-2010, 12:34 PM
No he didnt. He does not get the same reps in practice that Cassel does. He spends most of the time on the sidelines with a clipboard.
I need a beer.

Canada
12-13-2010, 12:43 PM
I need a beer.

I need another beer, followed by 6 more then a case to chase them down.

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 12:43 PM
I actually turned the game off in the third quarter. I have never done this before but I couldn't take it anymore I was about to put my fist through the TV during this atrocity. Not wanting to fork over another thousand for a new big screen I did what any smart person would do I ate a couple cookies and took a nap.:chiefs:

What made me want to punch my tv was when I seen that fat jelly rolled mike tolbert dancing like an idiot after he scored a touchdown.