PDA

View Full Version : Coaches threw the game!

lordchillz
12-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I know that's a harsh statement but this is my opinion! They came into the game with two gameplans! Once they found out oakland lost they went for a watered down gameplan on offense and defense! Just get through the game with no injuries! Win or lose this game then come back with cassel strong and hard! The absence of mccluster and moeaki on offense said it all! On top of that they didn't pull croyle after the half! If you wanna defend croyle thend count how many first-downs croyle had? I'm not asking for touchdowns only first-downs! Then ask yourself is that your NFL quaterback against one of the leagues best? As far as coaching that might be the best mentality for going forward to the playoffs! Take the loss,keep everyone healthy,then make our run with the lead and close the season! Or chance injury and loss with croyle! Really think about it! Before they scored 21, how many plays were dialed for mccluster, moeaki, Charles,jones,etc...?we're not that bad! Haley was even pretty calm on the sidelines than usual! Look past your passion and dig into your rational. It almost makes sense!

lordchillz
12-12-2010, 08:37 PM
For those who have a dvr... Grab a pencil and paper the count how many times mccluster is in the slot! He's a headache for coordinators! Either you drop to a nickel or you assign a linebacker to coverage(wich is futile against such a speed receiver as he) wich would then spread linebackers thin, wich makes it easy for jones and charles to make big plays! But yet he's nonexistent on offense! I'm not talking about special teams! If you know football then you know exactly what I'm talking about!

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 08:41 PM
I know that's a harsh statement but this is my opinion! They came into the game with two gameplans! Once they found out oakland lost they went for a watered down gameplan on offense and defense! Just get through the game with no injuries! Win or lose this game then come back with cassel strong and hard! The absence of mccluster and moeaki on offense said it all! On top of that they didn't pull croyle after the half! If you wanna defend croyle thend count how many first-downs croyle had? I'm not asking for touchdowns only first-downs! Then ask yourself is that your NFL quaterback against one of the leagues best? As far as coaching that might be the best mentality for going forward to the playoffs! Take the loss,keep everyone healthy,then make our run with the lead and close the season! Or chance injury and loss with croyle! Really think about it! Before they scored 21, how many plays were dialed for mccluster, moeaki, Charles,jones,etc...?we're not that bad! Haley was even pretty calm on the sidelines than usual! Look past your passion and dig into your rational. It almost makes sense!

I don't think your theory is far fetched. In fact, I commented at the end of the half on Facebook...that it's games like these which lead me to question the legitmacy of the NFL overall. Especially as the playoff season grows closer. My conspiracy thought varies from yours some, however. My thought is had the Chiefs clinched the AFC WEST today, with Oaklands earlier in the day loss...San Diego & the Raiders stand to lose major $$$$ the remainder of the season in ticket sales, with all playoff hope crushed today. A franchise loses $$ the NFL umbrella loses too. Our loss to SD keeps them & the Raiders still in the race with 3 games left from a fans perspective.

I do know that it appeared the Chiefs were not giving their best, nor all, for whatever reason.

lordchillz
12-12-2010, 08:49 PM
The coaches played the numbers! Fans may be angry today but if and when we get homefield advantage in the playoffs then they will be geniuses! Would you chance a Mccluster injury to a cassel-less offense? I will gaurantee we destroy the rams next week if cassel plays! Besides... St. Louis is more a chiefs city than it is a rams city! Lol! Just listen to the national anthem! The coaches aren't idiots! That's why we're here! We have 1 road game and the last 2 are here at home where the chargers are vice versa! Don't lose faith! Haley has been here before! He's been our best chance since vermeil and Saunders!

josh1971
12-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Where was the second shooter, then....?

Bike
12-12-2010, 08:56 PM
The coaches played the numbers! Fans may be angry today but if and when we get homefield advantage in the playoffs then they will be geniuses! Would you chance a Mccluster injury to a cassel-less offense? I will gaurantee we destroy the rams next week if cassel plays! Besides... St. Louis is more a chiefs city than it is a rams city! Lol! Just listen to the national anthem! The coaches aren't idiots! That's why we're here! We have 1 road game and the last 2 are here at home where the chargers are vice versa! Don't lose faith! Haley has been here before! He's been our best chance since vermeil and Saunders!
I think you play to win this time of year. If we had already clinched the division, your theory might hold more water. And we have won most of our games this year WITHOUT McCluster - so holding him back now doesn't make sense - unless he is less than 100 percent. In that case - why risk him at all?

chiefnut
12-12-2010, 08:56 PM
i to believe this was a coaching debacle. it seemed as though the game plan w/o cassel was to minimize mistakes, accept an acceptable loss and move on to winninf the next three. unfortunately the whole team looke to have given in to accepting a loss and it was embarrasinlgy pathetic. where was the coverage on the sd running backs, you don't even see a CHIEFS defender w/in ten yds.? where was the play action pass on first down? that should have been our first play of the game ...a 50yd bomb down the middle since the safeties were comitted to the run. when we were backed up against our goal line throw on first down, the quick slant to the TE was wide open, sd had 8 men on the line. not even a reverse to see if we could catch them overpersuing. overall caoching on every part of the game sucked!!

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Here's another thought...the season is nearing an end. Owners & the Players Association remain at odds in negotiations between them, facing a lockout in 2011. Players may be easing up some, not giving their all related to that aspect also.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I think you play to win this time of year. If we had already clinched the division, your theory might hold more water. And we have won most of our games this year WITHOUT McCluster - so holding him back now doesn't make sense - unless he is less than 100 percent. In that case - why risk him at all?

That was my thought...easing him back in slowly, rather than over using him risking a re-injure with playoff possibilities right around the corner.

bryon
12-12-2010, 09:09 PM
KC had a chance to prove they are a number 1 team, they blew it today. Not one of them had their heads focused to even try to win. The defense didn't give Brodie time to do anything and offense couldn't catch. I'm not a Cassel fan and I don't thing he can take us far. Haley didn't act like he cared one way or another. To let ya all know, I have been a fan 35 yrs. This isn't their year, if they make it to the play off, they will get beat the first game.

Seek
12-12-2010, 09:09 PM
This is a little out there. Why would the chiefs intentionally put themselves in this position if they could knock San Diego out if the playoffs now. Fact if the matter is with cassel out. They couldnt game plan with Croyle. They planned to run and San Diego forced the chiefs to make Croyle beat them and he just isn't that good.

Bike
12-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Here's another thought...the season is nearing an end. Owners & the Players Association remain at odds in negotiations between them, facing a lockout in 2011. Players may be easing up some, not giving their all related to that aspect also.
Yabut, I didn't notice the bolts easing up much...

lordchillz
12-12-2010, 09:11 PM
I know it almost seems like an area 51 theory but all you have to do is look at the gameplan and stats! Croyle never threw it until 3rd down most of the time! Go back and count play-action plays,screens,slants,and post routes! I stress again!... No mccluster and very little moeaki! These two players alone make our passing game potent! How much Charles and jones actually challenged the defense? Far less than our average! The numbers don't lie! Every player in that locker room knows we are far better than that! The players will play what is called, to the best of their ability! Anyone who has watched the chiefs all season long knows that was Soooo out of character for us and what we're fighting for! Every player is going home with a sour taste in their mouth! But I believe they know what happened and why it happened!

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 09:12 PM
KC had a chance to prove they are a number 1 team, they blew it today. Not one of them had their heads focused to even try to win. The defense didn't give Brodie time to do anything and offense couldn't catch. I'm not a Cassel fan and I don't thing he can take us far. Haley didn't act like he cared one way or another. To let ya all know, I have been a fan 35 yrs. This isn't their year, if they make it to the play off, they will get beat the first game.

I don't disagree with that at all. My gut is telling me 2011 will be the better year, all realities and circumstances considered. My heart however, always hopes a current season is the year, hahaha.

Bike
12-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Why would the chiefs intentionally put themselves in this position if they could knock San Diego out if the playoffs now.
They didn't. Just piss-poor game-planning. We're young. Haley is young. Our team is young. But Weis isn't so young. I'm upset at chuckles for this one...:maid:

Bike
12-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I don't disagree with that at all. My gut is telling me 2011 will be the better year, all realities and circumstances considered. My heart however, always hopes a current season is the year, hahaha.
Absolutely. If we have NFL next year...
Thats why I am so upset with a 31-0 loss at this point in the season.

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Yabut, I didn't notice the bolts easing up much...

That's cause of Rivers big head and temper...he wanted a show after his humilation last week. They probably feared if they lost...after his screaming wrath was done, that they'd be up all night babying him while he drowned in his sorrow. HA! :D

Connie Jo
12-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I know it almost seems like an area 51 theory but all you have to do is look at the gameplan and stats! Croyle never threw it until 3rd down most of the time! Go back and count play-action plays,screens,slants,and post routes! I stress again!... No mccluster and very little moeaki! These two players alone make our passing game potent! How much Charles and jones actually challenged the defense? Far less than our average! The numbers don't lie! Every player in that locker room knows we are far better than that! The players will play what is called, to the best of their ability! Anyone who has watched the chiefs all season long knows that was Soooo out of character for us and what we're fighting for! Every player is going home with a sour taste in their mouth! But I believe they know what happened and why it happened!

Your theory is possible. The coaches & GM look at all angles when they're nearing a season end with playoff hope. It's their job to plan, analyze, assume, take risk & gamble on theory.

I put my analyzing thoughts in Pioli's place as a GM, came up with justified theories why I felt Pioli would indeed draft Berry. All odds and the majority of analysts, & fans were against my prediction he would draft Berry in the first round. Most said it would never happen, for this or that reason, including Pioli's history of previous drafts. I was on point...Pioli after drafting Berry stated his reasons for why...my hammer hit nail on head, HA!

Related to any conspiracy theory...nothing would surprise me in today's NFL.

iratefan
12-12-2010, 09:30 PM
whether its true or not - it sure as hell felt that way. after witnessing what kindof potency Croyle had i would probably have just told everyone to board the plane at halftime.

Chiefster
12-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Where was the second shooter, then....?

Behind the grassy knoll.

Three7s
12-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Oh come on, who honestly thought that the Chiefs were going to go nuts on offense with freaking Croyle in there? You can say we threw the game, but I knew what was going to happen the instant I saw the first offensive series. We were going to play conservative and pray that the Chargers killed themselves and our running game had a career day. Obviously, the Chargers did their homework.

I believe that the players didn't care as much as usual because I don't think they truly believed they could win without Cassel. Haley and his staff did a terrible job at game planning this one, but an even more terrible job at motivating his players through adversity.

Yes, I'm referring to Cassel being out as part of the reason why the Chiefs were so unmotivated, and that falls fully on Haley. It can't happen, ever.

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 01:59 AM
I doubt we threw the game. I do think that we don't match up particularly well against San Diego. Our running game is different than Oakland's. The Raiders pound it and we use more zone blocking schemes. I can't remember the name of San Diego's NT but he had a huge day. Generally, when we are outsized at the point of attack, our running game can be made to struggle.

I think our strategy - and it was a bad one - was to make the running game work and not put anything on Croyle's shoulders. When the running game failed, the Chiefs staff didn't have enough confidence in Croyle to try anything else.

I also thought this wasn't our best effort. The loss of Cassel seemed to take the swagger out of our offense. On defense, we seemed to have the same problems we've had all season. A lack of a consistent pass rush and inconsistent linebacker play. I'm not saying we quit, but it seemed like this was a game that we didn't expect to win...

chiefnut
12-13-2010, 08:33 AM
you lose 31-0, gain 49 yds rushing throw the ball 17 times and take a knee to end of the game. that says it all...i can't repeat what it says that would be wrong!

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 08:54 AM
At the very beginning of the game you could tell who wanted the game more. It is very hard in the NFL to go into the other teams house when its a life or death situation for them and actually win. Our O-line got whipped that was a pathetic performance by the O-line

Coach
12-13-2010, 09:12 AM
This is a little out there. Why would the chiefs intentionally put themselves in this position if they could knock San Diego out if the playoffs now. Fact if the matter is with cassel out. They couldnt game plan with Croyle. They planned to run and San Diego forced the chiefs to make Croyle beat them and he just isn't that good.

Please read the above post. NFL teams/coaches don't throw games. Our team went into this game with a one dimensional offense. We were facing the #1 defense in their house in a must win situation. We got beat on the field and on the sidelines. You could tell from the very first series that the Chiefs were not playing with the same intensity. Their backs were up against a wall and they played like it. Our backs weren't, and we played like it.

I remember my stepfather telling me that he was giving up his COlts season tickets because there a conspiracy by the NFL to not let small market teams be good. That was the offseason before they drafted Peyton Manning. Since they have won 10+ games every year, won a SB, have the best QB in the league, etc.

With all due respect to you consipiracy fans, wake up. Nobody threw anything. The Chargers took it.

The good news is that it's one game. And we split the season series. We still control our own destiny. It's week 15 and the Chiefs are still in 1st place. I think we all would have signed up for that at the beginning of the season.

Chief4Ever&Ever
12-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Pathetic game overall. Embarrassing day to be a Chiefs fan! Why is Croyle even on any team especially ours, the dude has never won a game, the Chargers knew he sux, so they played the run. Coaching staff did a horrible job, Haley sucked big time and it looked to me that they laid down and tried to get out of there without any injuries. I knew they were not going to win with Cassel out, but I though they would atleast try. Even the best D in the league can't hold the worst team in the leage to under 70 yards total. Our team laid down and the Chargers rolled over us! What a Pathetic showing of a professional team. Bring back Bono for backup, anybody is better than croyle!

chiefnut
12-13-2010, 09:21 AM
i would never believe in conspiracy or the plan to lose, i do however subscribe to a game plan designed to minimize mistakes by croyle with a hope of winning not a plan to win. i don't think there was a real confidence going in that we could win with an eye to the next 3 games with a healthy cassel.

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Pathetic game overall. Embarrassing day to be a Chiefs fan! Why is Croyle even on any team especially ours, the dude has never won a game, the Chargers knew he sux, so they played the run. Coaching staff did a horrible job, Haley sucked big time and it looked to me that they laid down and tried to get out of there without any injuries. I knew they were not going to win with Cassel out, but I though they would atleast try. Even the best D in the league can't hold the worst team in the leage to under 70 yards total. Our team laid down and the Chargers rolled over us! What a Pathetic showing of a professional team. Bring back Bono for backup, anybody is better than croyle!

I sat here during this whole week saying that the Chiefs can't put the game in Croyles hand, but honestly it wasn't all Croyle. That OL play was garbage and I don't think any QB would of been able to win with that OL play yesterday.

Seek
12-13-2010, 12:53 PM
They didn't. Just piss-poor game-planning. We're young. Haley is young. Our team is young. But Weis isn't so young. I'm upset at chuckles for this one...:maid:

How do you game plan for a QB that you don't trust to make the throws.
Seriously, what kind of game plan would you have suggested. They game out with the only game plan avaialble. Run the ball. The Charges stuffed it and we were dead in the water. Did you expect them to come out throwing the ball every down with a QB who historically prefers to dump the pass off instead of making the throws that count.

Even when they tried to throw the ball, Croyle was getting pressured.

The Chargers gave up most of their rushing yars outside the tackles. The Chiefs attacked that for a first down the very first series. The Chargers adjusted and then it was done.

What did you all expect the coaches to do?

I understand the anger, but really... Cassel is more important to this team than many people want to give credit for.

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 12:56 PM
How do you game plan for a QB that you don't trust to make the throws.
Seriously, what kind of game plan would you have suggested. They game out with the only game plan avaialble. Run the ball. The Charges stuffed it and we were dead in the water. Did you expect them to come out throwing the ball every down with a QB who historically prefers to dump the pass off instead of making the throws that count.

Even when they tried to throw the ball, Croyle was getting pressured.

The Chargers gave up most of their rushing yars outside the tackles. The Chiefs attacked that for a first down the very first series. The Chargers adjusted and then it was done.

What did you all expect the coaches to do?

I understand the anger, but really... Cassel is more important to this team than many people want to give credit for.

Its a catch 22 because if we came out fireing the football around the field then people would be mad because they didn't run the ball. Then if we would of came out running the ball they would be pissed because we didn't throw the football. It was just an ugly loss and I just want to forget about it.

Canada
12-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Its a catch 22 because if we came out fireing the football around the field then people would be mad because they didn't run the ball. Then if we would of came out running the ball they would be pissed because we didn't throw the football. It was just an ugly loss and I just want to forget about it.

We should have punted on the first play. Then come out on the 2nd drive and try an 87 yard FG. After that no one would know what to expect!! :D Maybe take a knee on 2nd down then throw a bomb on 3rd??

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Cassel is more important to this team than many people want to give credit for.

+1...look what happened to Green Bay when Aaron Rogers went out. Top offense in the NFC scored 3 points and lost 7-3 to the Lions.

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 01:04 PM

There is a lot of truth to this...at least no one can say we abandoned the run too early!

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 01:06 PM
We should have punted on the first play. Then come out on the 2nd drive and try an 87 yard FG. After that no one would know what to expect!! :D Maybe take a knee on 2nd down then throw a bomb on 3rd??

Lol I like that game plan the defense wouldn't have a clue on what was going on. maybe when they are looking at their coach wondering wat was going on Brodie can run a 95 yard qb sneak backwards for a TD:lol:

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 01:07 PM
There is a lot of truth to this...at least no one can say we abandoned the run too early!

That is true im just glad we stopped before we got Jamaal hurt because some of those guys were just coming through the line untouched.

Coach
12-13-2010, 01:39 PM
+1...look what happened to Green Bay when Aaron Rogers went out. Top offense in the NFC scored 3 points and lost 7-3 to the Lions.
Great point. Take the starting Qb from almost any team and they will suffer.

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Man I wish we could of got Indama Kunsu sorry have no idea how to spell his name but man that dude is a beast, think if he was on our d line... man oh man oh man

chief31
12-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Please read the above post. NFL teams/coaches don't throw games.

Well, did anyone watch The Broncos against The Cardinals? :lol:

honda522
12-13-2010, 06:07 PM
I agree with you. This game is not as important as we think. Does anyone really believe that we would make it thru the playoffs anyways? Sure we like to think so...but the odds are......................

I also thought maybe Haley is trying to prove stuff to players and fans. Matt Cassel should now realize how important he actually his.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, did anyone watch The Broncos against The Cardinals? :lol:
I did......

KristofLaw
12-13-2010, 10:02 PM

hahaha... that's great :D