PDA

View Full Version : If Cassel isn't 100 percent for St. Louis...

Bike
12-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Then who starts for us?

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 12:46 PM
It has to be Brodie there is nobody else. Tyler Palko is definantly not the answer. So hopefully our line can do a lot better job and just put the game on Jamaal and the running game and just have Brodie do simple little passes, but if we get down quick like we did Sunday then there is no way we can win.

Bike
12-13-2010, 12:47 PM
I say give the ball to Palko if Cassel can't go.

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 12:51 PM
I say give the ball to Palko if Cassel can't go.

If he goes in I think he will beable to lose the game for the Chiefs, now with Brodie I don't think he can win a game for us but I think that he can make sure and not lose a game for us. Palko made a stupid decision by chucking the ball to Pope. I just don't think he would beable to make good decisions when he is under pressure.

Canada
12-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Put Charles and Jones in and play Wildcat all day.

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 12:53 PM

That would be something to look forward too lol.

Bike
12-13-2010, 12:53 PM
If he goes in I think he will beable to lose the game for the Chiefs, now with Brodie I don't think he can win a game for us but I think that he can make sure and not lose a game for us. Palko made a stupid decision by chucking the ball to Pope. I just don't think he would beable to make good decisions when he is under pressure.
I hear ya. I was just so disappointed in Croyle yesterday that I would be willing to give the other guy a shot...

Canada
12-13-2010, 12:54 PM
I'll play

Bike
12-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Yes. And I left Shaun Smith off the poll. Dogone it!

Canada
12-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Yes. And I left Shaun Smith off the poll. Dogone it!

If Tebow can do it why not Smith? :lol:

Bike
12-13-2010, 12:56 PM
I'll play
Then who's gonna haul the beer?

Canada
12-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Then who's gonna haul the beer?
I am. Keep a beer in my pocket and convince me the defense it trying to steal it. They wont lay a finger on me all day!! :bananen_smilies046: Besides...you only need one hand to hold a beer. :bananen_smilies046:

SIC J
12-13-2010, 01:02 PM
I say Palko. Croyle is equivalent to a high school QB. LOL

Truth is, if Cassel doesn't play, I think the playoff and AFC West division hopes are done.

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I say go with Cassel. One little thing that Cassel does - that I didn't see Brodie doing as much - is call out the blocks to the linemen. Did anyone else notice that? Also, Cassel seems to audible more often. I think some of our success in the running game has to be attributed to Cassel making the right calls and changing plays. 100% or not, this is something Cassel gives us that no one else can...

Plus, the offense seems to have a different swagger when he is in there...guys go after passes differently. Guys block with more enthusiasm...its like Cassel magically makes this team play better than it is...

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
I say go with Cassel. One little thing that Cassel does - that I didn't see Brodie doing as much - is call out the blocks to the linemen. Did anyone else notice that? Also, Cassel seems to audible more often. I think some of our success in the running game has to be attributed to Cassel making the right calls and changing plays. 100% or not, this is something Cassel gives us that no one else can...

Plus, the offense seems to have a different swagger when he is in there...guys go after passes differently. Guys block with more enthusiasm...its like Cassel magically makes this team play better than it is...

Cassel has really got the respect from all the guys on that team but I mean if Cassel isnt healthy you dont really want to rush him out there in case he gets hurt again and hes out long term.

Canada
12-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Cassel has really got the respect from all the guys on that team but I mean if Cassel isnt healthy you dont really want to rush him out there in case he gets hurt again and hes out long term.

There isnt really much you can do to a guy who is a week and a half removed from a laproscopic appendectomy. Its not like he is gonna be playing with a partilly healed knee or shoulder that could get re injured. But I think Cassel at 75% is better than Croyle or Palko at 100%

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 01:23 PM

I guess I am thinking this is not that kind of injury. I think it is sort of a red light / green light thing. If there is a chance of further injury I don't think he will be allowed to play, period. If he is allowed to play, there will be no chance of further injury but just discomfort...

Of course, I am not a doctor but I did dress up as one once on halloween...

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 01:23 PM
There isnt really much you can do to a guy who is a week and a half removed from a laproscopic appendectomy. Its not like he is gonna be playing with a partilly healed knee or shoulder that could get re injured. But I think Cassel at 75% is better than Croyle or Palko at 100%

That is true. At the very beginning of the game the showed Croyle standing on the sidelines and he just looked terrified. It looked like that guy had never been in that situation before lol

#58ChiefsFan
12-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Who's the emergency back up?

Brodie proved yesterday he has no future on this team.

reded
12-13-2010, 01:29 PM
No vote from me. If Cassel can't go I say we call and tell em we can't make it. I'm not sure if I can stand another dose of the reality that was shoved down our throats yesterday.

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Who's the emergency back up?

Brodie proved yesterday he has no future on this team.

Brodie proved that a long time ago

Canada
12-13-2010, 01:47 PM
No vote from me. If Cassel can't go I say we call and tell em we can't make it. I'm not sure if I can stand another dose of the reality that was shoved down our throats yesterday.

How was yesterday a "reality"? That was a fluke. Cassel plays and its a different game.

buffman316
12-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Darn right. There is only one NFL QB on this team. I read the posts and people are actually saying, try simpler passes with Brodie, try to ease him in, blah blah blah. I was rooting for Brodie this week and finally I can honestly say this guy is not NFL quality. He is too small, too weak, and too scared of getting hit. Time to get a verteran QB to back up Matt.
:sterb184:

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Darn right. There is only one NFL QB on this team. I read the posts and people are actually saying, try simpler passes with Brodie, try to ease him in, blah blah blah. I was rooting for Brodie this week and finally I can honestly say this guy is not NFL quality. He is too small, too weak, and too scared of getting hit. Time to get a verteran QB to back up Matt.
:sterb184:

This is the same Brodie Croyle that had a good game against the Ravens in week 1 over a year ago...I thought Brodie played poorly, but it wasn't all just him...I do think a more experienced backup would be a good thing but Brodie would be a fine #3 guy...

reded
12-13-2010, 02:43 PM
How was yesterday a "reality"? That was a fluke. Cassel plays and its a different game.

The reality is that we lack depth in most positions.

Lazeye
12-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I say put haley in as QB with a 9mm semi auto

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 03:06 PM
I guess I am thinking this is not that kind of injury. I think it is sort of a red light / green light thing. If there is a chance of further injury I don't think he will be allowed to play, period. If he is allowed to play, there will be no chance of further injury but just discomfort...

Of course, I am not a doctor but I did dress up as one once on halloween...

I dressed up as a gynecologist on one halloween that was fun lol:D

Hayvern
12-13-2010, 03:30 PM

HAHAHAHA, Sorry, the team can't make it to the game, we have to do our hair!

Canada
12-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I dressed up as a gynecologist on one halloween that was fun lol:D

Fun?? No one goes to see the gynecologist when their lady parts are healthy!!

4everchiefsfan25
12-13-2010, 05:07 PM

On Halloween they were healthy believe me if i actually saw the bad things those docs see then i would be scared for life

Canada
12-13-2010, 05:16 PM
On Halloween they were healthy believe me if i actually saw the bad things those docs see then i would be scared for life

Ive always wondered why people become proctologists and gynecologists.

honda522
12-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Why don't we go sign a QB?

Canada
12-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Why don't we go sign a QB?Cause we have Cassel

SIC J
12-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Monday Night Football count down reported Cassel was at practice today and is preparing to play against the Rams.

matthewschiefs
12-13-2010, 08:27 PM
I HOPE Cassel is able to go against the rams. But if he doesn't I think Brodie will be the starter again.

wilqb16
12-13-2010, 10:15 PM

Now, that was imagery I didn't need...also, keep in mind that it is also usually women over 50 who go to gynecologists...

honda522
12-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Cause we have Cassel
I meant a soild backup. Someone who they can game plan close to normal and not have to dumb it down for him. Croyle isn't a decent back up plan.

kilobytes
12-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Croyle should be much better if he plays Sunday. He got the butterflies out with that game and they aren't going to screw around again.

wilqb16
12-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Croyle should be much better if he plays Sunday. He got the butterflies out with that game and they aren't going to screw around again.

I agree, although Croyle may or may not be the answer as a backup QB, Sunday was the worst game of his career.

Hopefully, Cassel will be back, though and it will be a mute point...

4everchiefsfan25
12-14-2010, 03:37 PM

Croyle has had 5 years to get the butterflies out.

Bike
12-14-2010, 03:55 PM
They're out and circling his helmet.

SIC J
12-14-2010, 04:52 PM

9 starts in the the process.

Chief4Ever&Ever
12-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Bring Grbac back from retirement!

kilobytes
12-14-2010, 06:07 PM

But this is his first start in forever and he is filling in for a QB who has been hot. Plus we are on the road against a division rival which makes for the biggest game of the year so far.

He will be ready Sunday if Cassel isn't.

Chiefster
12-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Palko 'cause Brokie will probably get a hang nail and be out three weeks.

matthewschiefs
12-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Bring Grbac back from retirement!

UGGG I think that would be worse then even how Brodie played Sunday. At least Brodie didn't throw the ball to the other team.

I really really disliked him.

honda522
12-14-2010, 06:37 PM

This. He should be able to go in and get some first downs.

reded
12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Heck, while we're on the subject, let's kidnap Gannon from the booth, throw a jersey on him and let him replace Croyle. I remember another Chiefs starter that he filled in for and did a pretty darn good job!

Pro_Angler
12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
I wonder if trent wants to play..

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Trent was never the same after that hit in the Bengals game

reded
12-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Trent was never the same after that hit in the Bengals game

I agree, seemed like it knocked some the fire out of him.

kcvet
12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
he got another one in Miami.

let's just hope Cassel can go

wilqb16
12-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I hate to say it, but I think - if Cassel can't go - that Croyle gives us the best chance to win.

Sundays game was not representative of Croyle's previous work...I don't think he is as good as Cassel but he can and will play better than he played on Sunday.

Any other QB we'd sign would not know the offense the way Croyle does, so that doesn't work.

Tyler Palko certainly isn't the answer. Anyone watching the game can see he isn't up to NFL caliber. He blindly threw a ball that he got lucky that Pope caught...do that again and its probably a pick-6.

N TX Dave
12-15-2010, 02:37 PM

I did not vote because this was not one of the choices I am sure one or both of them can throw the ball some. If nothing else take out a WR or two play 2 TE and but a HB in to block and maybe even Smith and lets play some powerball. I mean with Charles, Jones, DMC and Cox/Castille and throw in Smith we should be able to run the ball.

kcvet
12-15-2010, 03:05 PM
well we'll see. I just read Cassel is back at pracitce.

the Bolts only have 4 days to prepare for the 49er's. they play tomorrow night in diego. i think its an 8:15 EST start.

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 03:24 PM
well we'll see. I just read Cassel is back at pracitce.

the Bolts only have 4 days to prepare for the 49er's. they play tomorrow night in diego. i think its an 8:15 EST start.

I will be watching that game cheering for the 49ers. I heard Cassel was back at practice but he was limited and he didn't look 100% healthy but it seems like he will be playing Sunday.

kcvet
12-15-2010, 03:34 PM
I think he already knows if he can go or not

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 03:36 PM
He probably does but the Chiefs don't want to let the Rams know if he is going to beable to play or not.

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 03:46 PM
I agree, seemed like it knocked some the fire out of him.

He looked like he was scared to get hit at all after that. I cant blame him though that was a viscious hit.

Pro_Angler
12-16-2010, 08:22 PM

Im not a gynecologist but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night,,,,:)

Canada
12-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Im not a gynecologist but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night,,,,:):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hayvern
12-17-2010, 02:49 AM

Proctologists I can understand, everyone has an @$$hole and they all stink, but gynecologist? I don't know, 8 years of schooling and medschool might be worth it, especially if you are a good looking single male.

Oh, wait, a vision of Roseanne Barr just came into my head. Not sure what I was thinking there for a minute.

Chiefster
12-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Proctologists I can understand, everyone has an @$ and they all stink, but gynecologist? I don't know, 8 years of schooling and medschool might be worth it, especially if you are a good looking single male.

Oh, wait, a vision of Roseanne Barr just came into my head. Not sure what I was thinking there for a minute.

I just got that throw-up taste in my mouth.