PDA

View Full Version : Sal Alosi Trip - punishment too harsh?

Scout200
12-14-2010, 10:04 AM
http://www.mwza.com/pics/Nolan-Carroll.jpg
The NFL suspended New York Jets strength coach Sal Alosi for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs without pay for his intentional tripping of Miami Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll on Sunday. He was also fined $25,000.

Some people feel that his punishment is too harsh while others think it should be more severe.. what are your thoughts?

Ryfo18
12-14-2010, 10:17 AM
I definitely don't think it was too harsh...What if he had blown that guy's knee out? Things like this shouldn't be taken lightly.

4everchiefsfan25
12-14-2010, 11:02 AM
When your a gunner on the punt team your at the bottom of the list on the team, and if your at the bottom of the list you don't need anybody to help you get you cut from the team, because if that guy would of really got injured the dolphins would probably cut him so I dont think it was harsh but it gives the Jets a bad wrap as an organization. As a strength coach you train guys to get tougher and stronger why would you want to hurt a player? That dude should be ashamed of himself

GlennBree
12-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Not too harsh at all. As everyone has pointed out...that's just not acceptable! It had a huge possiblity of causing a major injury.
It's a rough sport no doubt! The players should NOT have to worry about someone who is NOT in the field of play. They have enough to worry about with the guys who are supposed to be on the field trying to take them out....
IMO

chiefnut
12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
spot on

Chiefster
12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
No, not too harsh.

...That is all.

Hayvern
12-15-2010, 03:10 PM
With a name like Sal Alosi, what else would you expect?

Not too harsh at all, in fact, I would say not harsh enough.

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/
The NFL suspended New York Jets strength coach Sal Alosi for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs without pay for his intentional tripping of Miami Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll on Sunday. He was also fined $25,000.

Some people feel that his punishment is too harsh while others think it should be more severe.. what are your thoughts?

They are saying now that it was planned that he was going to trip the gunner. Do the Jets suck that bad that they have to play 11 on 10 on PR?

4everchiefsfan25
12-15-2010, 03:32 PM
if you look close to the picture he is bracing his right foot against that other guys foot.

honda522
12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Not harsh. I would have fired him. Thats classless, and I don't want classless coaches or players on my team. Thats one of the advantages to being a Chiefs fan.

Scout200
12-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Jets suspend Alosi indefinitely! The team found "new information" that the Alosi "instructed" five players to stand in a wall before he tripped Dolphins Nolan Carroll...