PDA

View Full Version : Will the NFL expand Internationally?

Scout200
12-15-2010, 05:12 PM
There's been a lot of talk about the NFL expanding internationally... Do you think the NFL will give up home games in order to reach out to a larger base? How do you think this will impact the NFL?

chief31
12-15-2010, 07:31 PM
There's been a lot of talk about the NFL expanding internationally... Do you think the NFL will give up home games in order to reach out to a larger base? How do you think this will impact the NFL?

I would say... not for several years, if they do.

Maybe I am mistaken here, but I don't feel like there is enough support for NFL Football, in any major city in Europe, to constitute a team being located there.

josh1971
12-15-2010, 07:35 PM
It would kind of take the "National" out of "National Football League", eh?

chief31
12-15-2010, 07:36 PM
:lol:

Very good point.

josh1971
12-15-2010, 07:41 PM
That said, I actually kind of like having a sport that is "Ours" anyhow.

matthewschiefs
12-15-2010, 09:23 PM
I hope not. I think that teams haveing to travel overseas would do more to hurt the qualty of football then a 18 game season.

Chiefster
12-15-2010, 10:31 PM

International football League??? The IFL???

stricken721
12-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Canada needs a team.

Hayvern
12-15-2010, 11:34 PM
London always seems to have a good crowd when the games are over there. I would expect Germany could field a team if pressed. The French? Not going to happen, they are too sissified anyway.

Canada could field a team, maybe two. I don't think they could find players large enough over all in the Orient to field a team and I don't think it is all that large overthere.

Australia could probably field a team, but I don't think they are much inclined to do so with all the Rugby.

mejohnm
12-16-2010, 01:48 AM
I know when the NFL had its European league here, it was Germany that had the most teams and then the 1 in England. Germany could easily get two or three good quality teams. We still can not understand why the NFL pulled out two years ago since the attendance was climbing.

DMN
12-16-2010, 10:06 AM
London always seems to have a good crowd when the games are over there. I would expect Germany could field a team if pressed. The French? Not going to happen, they are too sissified anyway.

Canada could field a team, maybe two. I don't think they could find players large enough over all in the Orient to field a team and I don't think it is all that large overthere.

Australia could probably field a team, but I don't think they are much inclined to do so with all the Rugby.

I dont know man... I take five sumo wrestlers for lineman any day... Plus they are so disciplined... would hardly ever make any mistakes. Just sayin.

Canada
12-16-2010, 10:27 AM
I would say... not for several years, if they do.

Maybe I am mistaken here, but I don't feel like there is enough support for NFL Football, in any major city in Europe, to constitute a team being located there.

You dont have to go "overseas" to be international.

You sound Canadian already eh!!

That said, I actually kind of like having a sport that is "Ours" anyhow.Its not just yours, I like it too.

International football League??? The IFL???There is a National Hockey League with teams rom two countries. There is a National Basketball Association with teams from two countries.

Canada needs a team.Yes I do!! :sFl_canada2:

Hayvern
12-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Canada needs a team.

Eh, Canada has the Bills, and look what good that did them!

Canada
12-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Eh, Canada has the Bills, and look what good that did them!FORGET YOU!! That stupid suckin team came from your country. I got no part of that pile of dog sh!t you left at our doorstep!! :bash:

tornadospotter
12-16-2010, 10:33 AM
You dont have to go "overseas" to be international.

You sound Canadian already eh!!

Its not just yours, I like it too.

There is a National Hockey League with teams rom two countries. There is a National Basketball Association with teams from two countries.

Yes I do!! :sFl_canada2:
Baseball also, The name would have to change from NFL to MFL, instead of the pro bowl, we could have a World Bowl, or Earth Bowl, then when we expand in Space, yep Space Bowl.

Canada
12-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Baseball also, The name would have to change from NFL to MFL, instead of the pro bowl, we could have a World Bowl, or Earth Bowl, then when we expand in Space, yep Space Bowl.Can I have some? :SmokinBanana:

Hayvern
12-16-2010, 10:42 AM
FORGET YOU!! That stupid suckin team came from your country. I got no part of that pile of dog sh!t you left at our doorstep!! :bash:

Eh, you know I am not talking about you personally old man, I am talking about your country!

:meow:

4everchiefsfan25
12-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Canada the question is if you did get a football team up there would the Chiefs still be your team?

Canada
12-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Canada the question is if you did get a football team up there would the Chiefs still be your team?Absolutely!! I live near Toronto but I hate the Maple Leafs and the Craptors and the Blue Jays (I dont hate the Jays but Im a Cleveland fan), I live near Fubbalo and I hate the B-lls, I have never really been big on local sports teams. But I will die a Chiefs fan no matter what!!

Canada
12-16-2010, 02:33 PM
FORGET YOU!! That stupid suckin team came from your country. I got no part of that pile of dog sh!t you left at our doorstep!! :bash:

I didnt write "forget" I typed something else.

tornadospotter
12-16-2010, 03:03 PM
:efpge::efpge::D :mooning:

4everchiefsfan25
12-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Absolutely!! I live near Toronto but I hate the Maple Leafs and the Craptors and the Blue Jays (I dont hate the Jays but Im a Cleveland fan), I live near Fubbalo and I hate the B-lls, I have never really been big on local sports teams. But I will die a Chiefs fan no matter what!!
Im happy to hear that buddy.:bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
12-16-2010, 05:56 PM

DUDE!! I Just realized they made TornadoSpotter a mod? When did this happen? Was I asleep?

Canada
12-16-2010, 06:13 PM
DUDE!! I Just realized they made TornadoSpotter a mod? When did this happen? Was I asleep?I know, and I still cant be one. Mods are jerks. Thats right!! I said it!! JERKS!!

Besides, they need new ones to keep up with my infractions!!

tornadospotter
12-16-2010, 06:24 PM
I know, and I still cant be one. Mods are jerks. Thats right!! I said it!! JERKS!!

Hey who you calling a Jerk? Jerk. :smile

tornadospotter
12-16-2010, 06:30 PM
DUDE!! I Just realized they made TornadoSpotter a mod? When did this happen? Was I asleep?
No, it just came to be.

Pro_Angler
12-16-2010, 08:19 PM
I dont think it will..way too much strain on the travel.

Chiefster
12-17-2010, 02:41 AM
I know, and I still cant be one. Mods are jerks. Thats right!! I said it!! JERKS!!

Well, I certainly cannot speak for the other mods but I for one do not suffer from epilepsy.

Scout200
12-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Baseball also, The name would have to change from NFL to MFL, instead of the pro bowl, we could have a World Bowl, or Earth Bowl, then when we expand in Space, yep Space Bowl.

:lol:

Scout200
12-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm pretty split on the idea.

As you know, there are only 16 games during a 17 week season. Typically, a team plays 2 home games in the pre-season, and 8 home games in the regular season. It's nothing like the NBA where 82 games are played by each team and half of those are home games. Taking away one home game from fans is a big deal. Yet, many believe that giving the brand an international presence will actually help provide a better experience for the fans and help local economies in the long run.