PDA

View Full Version : Close Look at Playoff Situation for Chiefs

ArmchairReport
12-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Here is a breakdown of the Chiefs and Chargers playoff situation. It is kinda scary with the Chargers coming on strong. I think if we can make it past this weekend especially with a win we have a good chance. Hopefully Cassel will be back.

////removed spammy URL/////

OPLookn
12-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I was thinking good article up to the point where I read that we're up against the St. Louis Cardinals. Hopefully we get more TD's than home runs...

MoJ
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Lol...

kcvet
12-17-2010, 11:04 AM
after last night our back's against the wall now. gotta win. the Dolts are red hot.

iratefan
12-17-2010, 11:05 AM
if cassel isnt well enough to play i think that the rams stuff us. theyre going to be coming out playing like their playoff chances depend on it as well. just like SD did, just like the Raiders did. For some reason the Chiefs cant really come out and always look like that fierce physical team that actually wants to win.

Bike
12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
With 3 games left, the Chiefs control their own destiny to reach the playoffs. Thats a far cry from the 4-12 season of last year. We need to win out. I fully expect bolts to win their last 2 games @ cincy and @ denver. Just win baby.

ArmchairReport
12-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I am sorry about that. I was rushing off to my son's Christmas concert and was typing too fast. I didn't proof read. I changed it. My bad.

I noticed a stupid popup on the short link so here is the link without the popup.
http://www.armchairreport.com/2010/12/17/san-diego-chargers-kansas-city-chiefs-playoff-chances-week-15-tight-afc-west/

pbatrucker
12-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Cassel looked better in practice today. Threw the ball much better. I have to think he will play.

ArmchairReport
12-17-2010, 01:19 PM
It is an important game and if he has any chance to play he will.

honda522
12-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Games we shoulda won: Colts, Raiders, and Texans...............

Boxermm187
12-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Just win the rest of the games. period

4everchiefsfan25
12-17-2010, 03:42 PM
if cassel isnt well enough to play i think that the rams stuff us. theyre going to be coming out playing like their playoff chances depend on it as well. just like SD did, just like the Raiders did. For some reason the Chiefs cant really come out and always look like that fierce physical team that actually wants to win.
I can tell you that the Rams are not going to stuff us no matter who is playing at QB. The Rams play a zone blitzing defense and that is a perfect match up for the Chiefs because the Chiefs will beable to run the ball down their throats. Also the Chiefs are more of a must win then the Rams because the Rams still get to play Seattle in Seattle the Chiefs have already played the Chargers twice so the Chiefs are more desperate for the win then the Rams.

matthewschiefs
12-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Here is a breakdown of the Chiefs and Chargers playoff situation. It is kinda scary with the Chargers coming on strong. I think if we can make it past this weekend especially with a win we have a good chance. Hopefully Cassel will be back.

San Diego Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs Playoff Chances: Week 15 Tight AFC West | Armchair Report (http://fun.ly/6nsx)

It's as simple as this we win out we are in. We lose a game the chargers are in. It's that simple.

Coach
12-17-2010, 04:13 PM

San Diego Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs Playoff Chances: Week 15 Tight AFC West | Armchair Report (http://fun.ly/6nsx)

It is telling me I have to fill out an offer in order to read the story. If so, please don't post these types of links on this site again. Thanks.

brdempsey69
12-17-2010, 05:45 PM
It is telling me I have to fill out an offer in order to read the story........

Confirmed.

Hayvern
12-17-2010, 07:59 PM

I call BS. The Chargers game came down to the defense not showing up early in the game. Yeah, the offense was not hitting either, but we lost that game early.

The defense HAS to show up. They have to play with a ferver that they would have if they were a home team. If they can do that, stop the Rams running game, then Croyle can lead us to victory.

I like Cassel and Cassel has shown he has what it takes, but this team does not win or lose on the back of Matt Cassel.

I have said before that Cassel is not the guy to lead this team from behind to win, at the same time, he is not the guy responsible for whether we win or lose.

Boxermm187
12-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Go Cassel!!!!! I BELIEVE

tornadospotter
12-17-2010, 09:11 PM
I call BS. The Chargers game came down to the defense not showing up early in the game. Yeah, the offense was not hitting either, but we lost that game early.

The defense HAS to show up. They have to play with a ferver that they would have if they were a home team. If they can do that, stop the Rams running game, then Croyle can lead us to victory.

I like Cassel and Cassel has shown he has what it takes, but this team does not win or lose on the back of Matt Cassel.

I have said before that Cassel is not the guy to lead this team from behind to win, at the same time, he is not the guy responsible for whether we win or lose.
Nail meet Hammer. You nailed it!

matthewschiefs
12-17-2010, 09:28 PM

100% agree.
As I said Sunday the Defense was just as big of part of what happend Sunday as the offense. Both stuggled from there opeing drives to the end. That's why we lost in the way we lost.

If Croyle has to go he has to play better but the Defense also has to play much better then what it did last week. Lets hope they can get the job done.

Canada
12-18-2010, 01:35 AM

I disagree with you there my friend. While he may not be 100% of the reason for our wins and losses, he is definitely a big part of what we do on offense and that was clearly showed last Sunday. We obviously need a QB who is capable of throwing the ball and Matt Cassel is that guy. We are not an 8-5 team without him.

chiefnut
12-18-2010, 07:57 AM
look it is really simple, we have three games left against beatable teams, no easy wins but still can be done. if we win, we win...if we don't, we don't and don't deserve it.

70 chiefsfan70
12-18-2010, 11:37 AM
look it is really simple, we have three games left against beatable teams, no easy wins but still can be done. if we win, we win...if we don't, we don't and don't deserve it.

That is so true, we have had great opportunity this year, having lost 2 or 3 games we could have easily won, but having said that we are a young team and we have to get that habit,(because winning is an addiction) before we will be a contender each year, it will happen though. This team is on the right track.

Pro_Angler
12-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Its obvious that this team isnt ready for the play offs, even without Cassell, it looked as though the D is either tired or just gave up hope.
We dont win out we arent in the playoffs. One more loss and we are out, the dolts arent going to lose/choke like we have.

wilqb16
12-18-2010, 02:44 PM
One more loss and we are out, the dolts arent going to lose/choke like we have.

I disagree with the forune telling here! I am not convinced the Chargers don't lose one of the next two games.

Both game are on the road. The Bengals are a much better team than their 2-11 record indicates. I believe 7-8 of their losses are by less than 7 points. Also, the have guys like TO and Ocho-Cinco, who would like nothing more than steal headlines by beating the red hot Chargers and knocking them out of the playoffs.

Finally, you have a Denver team - in Denver - in the spoiler role. Denver can put up points, meaning I could see them beating the Chargers in a shootout.

To assure we make the playoffs, obviously we have to win the next three, however, I am not ready to mail it in if we lose the next one because I don't think the Chargers next two wins are guaranteed, either...its not like the Bengals and Donks aren't going to bother showing up...

kilobytes
12-18-2010, 06:26 PM
The Broncos and the Bengals are our biggest allies right now.

SIC J
12-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Both Bengals and Broncos would LOVE to knock the Chargers out of playoff contention, believe that!

This is the NFL, ANY GIVING SUNDAY!!!

Pro_Angler
12-18-2010, 08:15 PM
I disagree with the forune telling here! I am not convinced the Chargers don't lose one of the next two games.

Both game are on the road. The Bengals are a much better team than their 2-11 record indicates. I believe 7-8 of their losses are by less than 7 points. Also, the have guys like TO and Ocho-Cinco, who would like nothing more than steal headlines by beating the red hot Chargers and knocking them out of the playoffs.

Finally, you have a Denver team - in Denver - in the spoiler role. Denver can put up points, meaning I could see them beating the Chargers in a shootout.

To assure we make the playoffs, obviously we have to win the next three, however, I am not ready to mail it in if we lose the next one because I don't think the Chargers next two wins are guaranteed, either...its not like the Bengals and Donks aren't going to bother showing up...

denver has given up on the season. They promoted dingaling to starting QB for the rest of the season.

kcvet
12-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Both Bengals and Broncos would LOVE to knock the Chargers out of playoff contention, believe that!

This is the NFL, ANY GIVING SUNDAY!!!

NFL = Not For Long

some coach told that to a ref who made a bad call long time ago.

wilqb16
12-19-2010, 12:03 AM
denver has given up on the season. They promoted dingaling to starting QB for the rest of the season.

Wow - now I have to root for Denver and for Tebow...damn what a day that will be...come on Bengals!

SIC J
12-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Wow - now I have to root for Denver and for Tebow...damn what a day that will be...come on Bengals!

Orton wasn't "benched". He has a rib injury. Since the season is a loss, they aren't going to risk him making it worse.