PDA

View Full Version : Week 4. Make your picks!

m0ef0e
09-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Hou @ Atl
Bal @ Cle
Oak @ Mia
Chi @ Det
Nyj @ Buf
Gb @ Min
Stl @ Dal
Pit @ Ari
Tb @ Car
Sea @ Sf
Kc @ Sd
Den @ Ind
Phi @ Nyg
Ne @ Cin

chief31
09-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Hou @ Atl I love a home "dog". I'll take Atlanta.

Bal @ Cle Baltimore. They are a good team and Cleveland scored a bunch of points, in one game.

Oak @ Mia Miami. Not impressed with either, but I'll take the home team.

Chi @ Det Again, I love a home "dog". Lions.

Nyj @ Buf Jets. I think they are a good team and that the Bills aren't.

Gb @ Min Minnesota. They are a bit better than they appear and the Packers aren't as good as they appear.

Stl @ Dal Cowboys.

Pit @ Ari Steelers. I am surprised that they haven't fallen apart yet, but I don't think it will happen this week.

Tb @ Car Carolina. I don't like it, either.

Sea @ Sf I hate this one. Niners.

Kc @ Sd I can't bring myself to pick us in this one. Chargers.

Den @ Ind Colts. They tend to own the Donks.

Phi @ Nyg Eagles. McNabb is back to form.

Ne @ Cin Patriots. Until they lose, I ain't going to be the one to go against them.

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Hou @ Atl
Bal @ Cle
Oak @ Mia
Chi @ Det
Nyj @ Buf
Gb @ Min
Stl @ Dal
Pit @ Ari
Tb @ Car
Sea @ Sf
Kc @ Sd (The Homer in me says KC, but can't get
away from the fact that it's on the road)
Den @ Ind
Phi @ Nyg
Ne @ Cin

hermhater
09-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Hou @ Atl Hou
Bal @ Cle Bal
Oak @ Mia Oak
Chi @ Det Chi
Nyj @ Buf Nyj
Gb @ Min Min
Stl @ Dal Dal
Pit @ Ari Pit
Tb @ Car Car
Sea @ Sf Sea
Kc @ Sd KC
Den @ Ind Ind
Phi @ Nyg Phi
Ne @ Cin NE

m0ef0e
09-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Hou @ Atl - This is actually a closer call than people may think. Both teams are ranked in the low 20's on offense and in the teens on defense. Atlanta is doing a better job of protecting Joey Harrington now. He was only sacked once last week as opposed to 13 times in the first two. This helped the Falcons to get their offense going enough to put up 20 points against Carolina. While they lost the game, it was by far the Falcons' best performance this year. The Texans and Colts are tied at 16th in number of sacks this year. That being said, if Atlanta can keep Harrington off his back again this week, this should be a pretty close game. I still give the edge to Houston as they have been a more formidable team so far this season. - HOU

Bal @ Cle - Which Cleveland team will show up? The one that blows up the Bengals defense for over 50 points or the one that loses to the Raiders? I have to go with Baltimore on this one. They are more consistent than the Browns from week to week and they have a top-10 defense right now. - BAL

Oak @ Mia - Flip a coin. Trent and Oakland's defense are pretty familiar with each other. Both teams are ranked past 20th on defense and boast offenses that are ranked 14th and 15th in the league. I'm pulling for Trent go out on a high note in Miami before he retires and it's great when Oakland loses. Therfore, I am going to go with the homer pick on this one. - MIA

Chi @ Det - Detroit has improved a lot but Chicago is finally going to try something different at quarterback. Grossman has been single-handedly giving games away this year. If Griese can just avoid giving the ball away, the bears will have a much better chance to win. I'm still going to pick Detroit on this one because they have homefield advantage and their offense is ranked 3rd in the league while the Bears defense is ranked 16th. The Lions defense is ranked 30th, however. So, if Griese comes out and plays really well, the Bears could pull out a win. - DET

Nyj @ Buf - Buffalo is last in the league on both offense AND defense so far this year. Enough said. - NYJ

Gb @ Min - The rookie, Peterson, is the best thing the Vikings have on offense by far. Green Bay is 10th in the league against the run and Favre has been outstanding so far this season. - GB

Stl @ Dal - The Rams have yet to get anything going while Dallas is probably the best team in the NFC right now. - DAL

Pit @ Ari - I'm not sure Whisenhunt is acutally very wise pulling what is supposed to be your franchise quarterback in favor of a guy who was sitting the bench because he had already proved himself to be washed up in the opinions of many. This could really hurt Leinart's confidence in the future with Arizona. Matt is starting this week, but Whisenhunt has already said that they are going to find ways to get Warner in the game. Leinart hasn't been playing up to his potential but he is only in his second season as the starter for the Cardinals. I think this was a bad move on the part of their coach and the controversy that may have been sown would be unnecessary. Meanwhile, the Steelers are just DESTROYING other teams. - PIT

Tb @ Car - This is a tough one to call. Both teams are the negative image of the other. Tampa Bay is above average on defense while slightly below on offense while Carolina is the reverse. Tampa Bay destroyed the Rams last week while Carolina squeezed past Atlanta. However, Steve Smith has recored five consecutive games of 100 yards or more receiving against the Bucs. This is a streak Tamba Bay needs to break this week if they hope to win. - CAR

Sea @ Sf - The 'Niners, being much improved, is on their way "in" while the Seahawks are getting older and are arguably on their way "out". - SF

Kc @ Sd - The Chiefs have some positive to build on this week while Chargers once again tasted the biterness of defeat. I think this game may very well come down to who can get the run game going more in order to sustain a few drives and control the clock. So far this season, both teams have fallen well short of expectations, running the football. If the Chiefs can open up with a few good plays to Bowe and Gonzales, it should open up the defense some for Johnson. The Chiefs have the 4th-ranked defense in the NFL right now while the Chargers are 22nd. This leads me to believe that KC may be the ones to get their offense going some this week. - KC

Den @ Ind - Denver has scraped by some teams that are less than impressive. The Colts are one of the top teams in the league again this year and Indianapolis is a tough place to try and win on the road. - IND

Phi @ Nyg - McNabb and Westbrook REALLY got it going last week while annihilating the Lions. I don't see them falling off again at leas for a while. Especailly not this week against a Giants defense who has proved that they have issues. - PHI

Ne @ Cin - Cincinatti's defense is atrocious (29th in NFL rankings). New England is arguably the best team in the NFL right now and so far, nobody has been able to firgure out how to sever the Brady-Moss connection. I highly doubt the Bengals will be the ones to discover and pioneer the path that leads to victory against the Patriots. - NE

anaeelbackwards
09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Hou @ Atl =Atl they have a lot to prove, and its at home.

Bal @ Cle =Bal, they look real good.

Oak @ Mia=Mia they need that win

Chi @ Det=Chi, dont know who they have at quarterback whatever it is, CHI gets back on track.

Nyj @ Buf= J-E-T-S, jets jets jets.

Gb @ Min=GB the look pretty good this season.

Stl @ Dal =THE COWBOYS

Pit @ Ari =The Steelers

Tb @ Car =CAR

Sea @ Sf =SF

Kc @ Sd =I want KC to win, but LT is out for blood.

Den @ Ind =Colts, at home, hope those donks lose!

Phi @ Nyg= EAGLES, McNab is back...

Ne @ Cin =Im gonna pick an upset but I like Cinci at home.

rbedgood
09-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Hou @ Atl=I'll take Hou on the road.
Bal @ Cle=Baltimore on the road
Oak @ Mia=Miami
Chi @ Det=Chicago...Rex is gone
Nyj @ Buf=(team not to be mentioned)
Gb @ Min=MN
Stl @ Dal=Dallas
Pit @ Ari=Pitt
Tb @ Car=TB
Sea @ Sf=SF
Kc @ Sd=KC
Den @ Ind=Indy
Phi @ Nyg=Phi
Ne @ Cin=NE

m0ebr0
09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Hou @ Atl - Houston. Houston is lookin good this year
Bal @ Cle - Baltimore. Baltimore Vs Who?
Oak @ Mia - Miami. Will anyone choose the Faiders?
Chi @ Det - Chicago. Rex is benched. D can stop Det.
Nyj @ Buf - Jets. Buffalo just sux all around this year.
Gb @ Min - Green Bay. Farve is on fire this year.
Stl @ Dal - Dallas. Offense is running full speed.
Pit @ Ari - Pittsburg. Willie Parker is lookin real good.
Tb @ Car - Carolina. Steve Smith is a TD machine.
Sea @ Sf - 49ers. They are looking good so far.
Kc @ Sd - Chiefs. Donnie Edwards will be fired up.
Den @ Ind - Indy. Ponies are winning once again.
Phi @ Nyg - Philly. McNabb will do good again.
Ne @ Cin - Pats. Cinci has no D this year so far.

Coach
09-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Hou @ Atl
Bal @ Cle
Oak @ Mia
Chi @ Det
Nyj @ Buf
Gb @ Min
Stl @ Dal
Pit @ Ari
Tb @ Car
Sea @ Sf
Kc @ Sd
Den @ Ind
Phi @ Nyg
Ne @ Cin

You can put it on the board....Yes.

That was for you Chief31.

Chiefster
09-27-2007, 01:35 AM

Hint, hint!

chief31
09-27-2007, 10:13 AM

That's the Whie Sox announcer and they suck ***. :D

Canada
09-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Hou @ Atl
Bal @ Cle BAL
Oak @ Mia Oak
Chi @ Det CHI
Nyj @ Buf JYJ
Gb @ Min FAVRE
Stl @ Dal DAL
Pit @ Ari PIT
Tb @ Car CAR
Sea @ Sf SF
KC @ Sd CHIEFS!!
Den @ Ind IND
Phi @ Nyg PHI
Ne @ Cin NE

There really is only one game that I am really concerned with and that is the one where the Chiefs will be handing the Dolts their asses!!! :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
09-27-2007, 12:34 PM
That's the Whie Sox announcer and they suck ***. :D

:sign0098:

McLovin
09-28-2007, 08:56 PM
There really is only one game that I am really concerned with and that is the one where the Chiefs will be handing the Dolts their asses!!! :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

Actually the Denver / Indy Game .. where the Donk's go home with their tail between there legs and everyone realizes they are a fraud and cant play. And the Faders game where Trent Lights them Up and the Faders are exposed for the losers they really are. The rest is all filler.

Canada
09-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Actually the Denver / Indy Game .. where the Donk's go home with their tail between there legs and everyone realizes they are a fraud and cant play. And the Faders game where Trent Lights them Up and the Faders are exposed for the losers they really are. The rest is all filler.

That is gonna happen so much this season I am almost gonna get bored of it!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-29-2007, 08:32 AM
That is gonna happen so much this season I am almost gonna get bored of it!! :bananen_smilies046:

I can never get bored with any one of the other AFC West teams besides the Chiefs losing. I actually enjoy watching their misery!

:bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
10-01-2007, 04:33 AM
Hou @ Atl=I'll take Hou on the road.
Bal @ Cle=Baltimore on the road
Oak @ Mia=Miami
Chi @ Det=Chicago...Rex is gone
Nyj @ Buf=(team not to be mentioned)
Gb @ Min=MN
Stl @ Dal=Dallas
Pit @ Ari=Pitt
Tb @ Car=TB
Sea @ Sf=SF
Kc @ Sd=KC
Den @ Ind=Indy
Phi @ Nyg=Phi
Ne @ Cin=NE

Hmmm...this list sucked...glad I didn't pull it up and copy it for my office pool...looks like 6/13...NE would give me 50%

rbedgood
10-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Hou @ Atl Hou
Bal @ Cle Bal
Oak @ Mia Oak
Chi @ Det Chi
Nyj @ Buf Nyj
Gb @ Min Min
Stl @ Dal Dal
Pit @ Ari Pit
Tb @ Car Car
Sea @ Sf Sea
Kc @ Sd KC
Den @ Ind Ind
Phi @ Nyg Phi
Ne @ Cin NE

At your request HH, you're currently at 6/13...NE gives you 50%...

sling58
10-01-2007, 07:06 AM
I think week 4 messed up a lot of people.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Wow, 6-8 this week. I sucked. Looks like a tie between Canada and Chiefster at 7-7.

hermhater
10-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Wow, 6-8 this week. I sucked. Looks like a tie between Canada and Chiefster at 7-7.

I think I went .500 too...

:sign0098::lol: :funnypost: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-03-2007, 03:27 PM

What do we win?? :beer:

hermhater
10-03-2007, 03:30 PM

WE win :toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2: :toast2::toast2:

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 03:30 PM
A beer from your fridge. Congrats!

Canada
10-03-2007, 03:32 PM
At least there are good prizes. Now if we could just teach Hermhater the proper rotation for maximising beer coldness we will be all set!!

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 03:33 PM
At least there are good prizes. Now if we could just teach Hermhater the proper rotation for maximising beer coldness we will be all set!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I still need to figure out how to get that video out of my phone. I don't have the cable and it won't e-mail it to me for some reason. That was just funny stuff!

hermhater
10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I still need to figure out how to get that video out of my phone. I don't have the cable and it won't e-mail it to me for some reason. That was just funny stuff!

I like my beer just next to frozen...

But I will drink it p!ss warm out of a shoe if necessary!

:sign0098::lol::lol: :bananen_smilies046: :beer: :toast2:

Polleo Pit Man
10-04-2007, 02:38 AM

That is for real :toast2: man!!!!!

anaeelbackwards
10-04-2007, 07:37 AM

just as long as its budweiser or pabst...... hehe

Canada
10-04-2007, 01:47 PM
just as long as its budweiser or pabst...... hehe

As long as it is cold, wet and tastes like beer...forget warm and out of a shoe...I even drank American beer at the game!! :bananen_smilies046: