PDA

View Full Version : Cassel active

kcvet
12-19-2010, 11:59 AM
ST. LOUIS -- Quarterback Matt Cassel is active for the Kansas City Chiefs, only 11 days after undergoing an emergency appendectomy.

The Chiefs did not say whether Cassel would start Sunday against the St. Louis Rams in a game between surprise playoff contenders. Third-string quarterback Tyler Palko was inactive.

Kansas City managed only 67 yards with backup Brodie Croyle as the starter last week in a 31-0 loss at San Diego. Cassel had been listed as questionable.

Cornerback Justin King and rookie wide receiver Mardy Gilyard were among the Rams' inactives. King was out the second straight week with a shoulder injury and Gilyard, a fourth-round pick, was inactive for the second time in three weeks.

CBS (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14464212/returning-from-appendectomy-cassel-active-for-kc)

but will he start???

stricken721
12-19-2010, 12:17 PM
I hope he starts, but Adam Schefter makes it sound like he won't.

pbatrucker
12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
He is starting!

KCchiefs2369
12-19-2010, 12:42 PM
According to Stephania Bell, ESPN's injury analyst, he is in fact starting :)

http://twitter.com/Stephania_ESPN

kcvet
12-19-2010, 12:45 PM
well if he is starting the O line best suck it up big time. we'll run but lets see if Cassel can take a hit.

matthewschiefs
12-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Great news we need him for sure. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIC J
12-19-2010, 12:49 PM
For all we know he is 100%. But the Chiefs weren't gonna release that info. We will see once the game starts.

toyotapower
12-19-2010, 02:20 PM
He plays with some serious heart. He's our leading rusher right now and has the offense finally moving. Unquestioned leader of this team and we should all be thankful

Big Daddy Tek
12-19-2010, 02:45 PM
This guy was ready to go on Tuesday. The Chiefs did a great job of not having him over extend his body at practice all week while still practicing with the first team.

I knew he was starting, told you guys he was starting and have been laughing at media reports all week.

The combination of what the Chiefs looked like without Matt Cassel and then this week, with Matt Cassel, should automatically throw him into the MVP conversation.

GarH
12-19-2010, 05:53 PM
I'd say he was very active!

Chiefster
12-19-2010, 11:05 PM
I've never been more of a Cassel fan then I am right now; he and Chiefs have exceeded my expectations this season.

stricken721
12-19-2010, 11:14 PM
I've never been more of a Cassel fan then I am right now; he and Chiefs have exceeded my expectations this season.

Same here. I've never liked the taste of crow but I will eat it when somebody exceeds what I thought they would do :D

Coach
12-19-2010, 11:20 PM
The combination of what the Chiefs looked like without Matt Cassel and then this week, with Matt Cassel, should automatically throw him into the MVP conversation.

I had similar thoughts today. His name is never even mentioned. Very few QB's have stat lines as good as Cassel's. If the Chiefs win the AFC West, Cassel's name has to be in the discussion.

I've heard Haley's name mentioned several times for coach of the year.

Chiefster
12-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Same here. I've never liked the taste of crow but I will eat it when somebody exceeds what I thought they would do :D

Ahhh yes! The sweet, sweet taste of crow. :D

Chiefster
12-19-2010, 11:25 PM
I had similar thoughts today. His name is never even mentioned. Very few QB's have stat lines as good as Cassel's. If the Chiefs win the AFC West, Cassel's name has to be in the discussion.

I've heard Haley's name mentioned several times for coach of the year.

Well, one things for sure, even with the interception he turned in an MVP performance today!