PDA

View Full Version : Offical end to the Chiefs Qb debate

matthewschiefs
12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
After today I think we finally no that we have a qb to build this team around. Matt Cassel is our QB and that is a good thing. Less then 2 weeks after a major surgery he showed up and lead this offense. It was sluggish early but he got the job done. Matt Cassel is our QBOTF it's offical.

honda522
12-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Yea, he still gotta lot to learn though.

Pro_Angler
12-19-2010, 04:26 PM
yea, he still has those bone head plays, but they are getting further apst and least drastic.

GarH
12-19-2010, 04:33 PM
You couldn't ask for a tougher QB. NOBODY can question his heart.

Bike
12-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Cassel is our qb. He's a gamer. All my unanswered questions with Cassel were answered today.

brdempsey69
12-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Well said matthewschiefs, the Chiefs have the QB they can build around.

kcvet
12-19-2010, 05:06 PM
http://jediknight960.tripod.com/obiwan4.jpg

dolt fans say only he can save them now

:lol: :lol:

donks/failers tied at 14

Boxermm187
12-19-2010, 05:58 PM
After today I think we finally no that we have a qb to build this team around. Matt Cassel is our QB and that is a good thing. Less then 2 weeks after a major surgery he showed up and lead this offense. It was sluggish early but he got the job done. Matt Cassel is our QBOTF it's offical.
TOTALLY AGREE!!!! GO CASSEL!!!! stop hating HATERS

Sick Dog
12-19-2010, 06:08 PM

I didn't know there was a debate...and those making it don't know what the heck they are talking about...I think Poli knows what he is doing.

SIC J
12-19-2010, 06:49 PM
There was no question in my mind. YES he has a lot to learn and has a LOT of room to grow, but what QB doesn't?

Every week that goes by Cassel gets better at reading defenses, calling out blitzes, calling audibles, going to his check downs, etc etc.. Thats the difference between Cassel and Croyle.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-19-2010, 07:28 PM
yea, he still has those bone head plays, but they are getting further apst and least drastic.
He makes bone head plays is what i said to my chic today but cassel Has proved to me today he is our QB of the future for sure!

Hayvern
12-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I didn't know there was a debate...and those making it don't know what the heck they are talking about...I think Poli knows what he is doing.

Oh there were still a few of those guys that thought that somehow Croyle was still the better QB since he was taken in the third round and actually played in college.

deerhunter2
12-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I was at the game today, and what I saw Cassel show, was that he took every play serious. He was obviously upset at every in-completion or failed run. Never did he show an "oh well, only one play" attitude. He showed the urgency and determination to win the game.

Ryfo18
12-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I tried to say this week 6 but nobody wanted to have any of it :). Matt showed that he is a dog gamn stud today, playing 1 1/2 weeks after an appendectomy and playing well.

#58ChiefsFan
12-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Seeing him lead the team out of the tunnel today he had more of leadership mojo than I think I have seen.

We got some smiles from the D following the National Anthem, the game tone was set at that point.

Nothing better than seeing and hearing the chop as the opposing fans are leaving their stadium!

Big congrats to Matt

Chiefster
12-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Casselo answered all the questions in a big way today IMO. Eleven days after emergency surgery he he performed admirably today!

wilqb16
12-19-2010, 11:02 PM
What I loved today about Cassel was his leadership. Early when the Chiefs were struggling he kept at. Never mind that we had 4 more 3rd down drops...3 of which were in the "are you kidding me" category. Cassel is like the anti-Rivers, he cares, leaves it all on the field but also doesn't show up his teammates when they make mistakes...great job Matt!

Coach
12-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Ive been saying for a long time that this kid is tough as nails. He's a fighter. And he's also playing some incredible football.

Chiefster
12-19-2010, 11:07 PM

Without question.

kcvet
12-20-2010, 08:55 AM
of note in the post game interview he said he's played his entire career with the appendix and this was the first game played without it. ok. hmmmm

like it would make a diff ???? that was funny

nigeriannightmare
12-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Ive been saying for a long time that this kid is tough as nails. He's a fighter. And he's also playing some incredible football.

having been fortunate enoughto meet him and his wife. being in his presence makes you admire his toughness all the more not exaclty and imposing figure ...love his heart and tenacity the dude is a leader period.

Vanilla Garilla
12-20-2010, 09:39 AM
I am proud to have him as our Chiefs QB!

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 11:39 AM
of note in the post game interview he said he's played his entire career with the appendix and this was the first game played without it. ok. hmmmm

LOL I saw that two. It was a show of his sense of humor. Something I am glad to see seeing that it means that the Chiefs are most likely winners if that happens.

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 11:40 AM

I think that every NFL qb makes bone head plays at times. The more they play the less are further apart they get. I think that's something that is going to continue with Cassel.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Cassel has showed us that the more he plays the more he progresses

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Cassel has showed us that the more he plays the more he progresses

...This! Aside from the intentional grounding I thought he had another solid game.

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 02:03 PM
...This! Aside from the intentional grounding I thought he had another solid game.

I didn't even think the intertional grouding was on Cassel I think him and Chambers had a miscommuncation and Chambers ran the wrong way. I did see a couple of bad throws from him but All in all I would take that effort from Matt Cassel any week.

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I didn't even think the intertional grouding was on Cassel I think him and Chambers had a miscommuncation and Chambers ran the wrong way. I did see a couple of bad throws from him but All in all I would take that effort from Matt Cassel any week.

Bottom line for me is that I believe he has displayed all the physical and mental attributes that makes him the kind of starting QB I want on our beloved Chiefs! :yahoo:

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 03:42 PM
he has more confidence now you dont see him hesitating on a throw. He is just reacting to what he sees and boom he throws it. In the beginning of the season he would see someone open then he would second guess himself and he wouldnt even throw it,but now hes going through his progressions and hes really lookin like a good NFL QB

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
he has more confidence now you dont see him hesitating on a throw. He is just reacting to what he sees and boom he throws it. In the beginning of the season he would see someone open then he would second guess himself and he wouldnt even throw it,but now hes going through his progressions and hes really lookin like a good NFL QB

It's all about developing good instincts and the ability to accurately read and react.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 03:46 PM
It's all about developing good instincts and the ability to accurately read and react.
agreed:bananen_smilies046:

OPLookn
12-20-2010, 04:55 PM

Hmm, I'm thinking we can start a new stat for him now.

Without appendix 1-0...

:lol:

figcrostic
12-20-2010, 05:10 PM

Absolutely now we just need an upgrade on the O-line and a speedy dependable WR.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 05:19 PM

Without appendix 1-0...

I wanna see the win loss record for the first game back of QB's who have had their appendix taken out

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 05:22 PM

Without appendix 1-0...

Maybe Matt Cassels appendix is the cause of that 4-12 season a year ago.

aaronchieffan
12-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Matt Cassel is the BEST

wilqb16
12-20-2010, 07:22 PM

Maybe Matt Cassels appendix is the cause of that 4-12 season a year ago.

I say as part of the offseason program the Chiefs remove the whole teams appendices...at the very least it should make them all faster...without his appendix no way Charles gets caught on that 80-yard run...

kcvet
12-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I say as part of the offseason program the Chiefs remove the whole teams appendices...at the very least it should make them all faster...without his appendix no way Charles gets caught on that 80-yard run...

throw in the gallbladder and some kidney beans :lol:

chief31
12-20-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't have any idea how his tougness was still in doubt after he survived last season.

That was all i needed to know about his toughness.

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 09:49 PM

:lol: Sounds like a plan to me.