PDA

View Full Version : today turned me into a Cassel fan

iratefan
12-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Ive been rather critical of the Cassel in recent games, and ill still maintain that hes deserved it. After coming back just what 11 days now from an appendectomy procedure and barely practicing late in the week, he comes out on the field and starts leading his team like a true QB. Hes finally learning to step INTO the pocket, look over the whole field and for god sakes he can scramble and rush! I couldnt have been more proud of him to stretch his legs out a few of those plays and scramble for first downs and taking the hits. He was doing well enough that i actually laughed at the wildly overthrown screen pass and not get all pissed off. Hes got some serious heart, and now that hes shown that he also can learn and adapt hes looking SHARP! didnt care that he threw an INT. i didnt care even as i saw it happen. His pocket presence was ace today and the throws downfield were precise!

Ive come to expect GOOD things from Cassel since a few weeks ago in each game. the game against the chargers shows just how sad this team can be without the a strong lead man in the trenches with them. The rams arent exactly the biggest threat in the NFL but this was definitely not a gimme game and we couldnt have won without a stellar QB performance.

i just gotta shoot love out to jamaal charles too. man is he such a fun player to watch. got me nervous as hell though seeing him down twice. particularly after that breakout 80 yarder (which was poetry to watch as well!).

Bike
12-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm a fan. Cassel is a gamer.

Chiefster
12-19-2010, 11:12 PM
I was a Cassel fan before today.

Coach
12-19-2010, 11:16 PM
There are a lot of players on this team that I really like. We need to get a long term deal done for Hali.

Chiefster
12-19-2010, 11:18 PM
There are a lot of players on this team that I really like. We need to get a long term deal done for Hali.

Agreed! I also liked how Chambers finally showed up big today. I like Bowe, but he continues to frustrate me.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Agreed! I also liked how Chambers finally showed up big today. I like Bowe, but he continues to frustrate me.
I think they should deal Bowe now while he has value. IMO, he has reached his full potential.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 10:56 AM
I liked Cassel before yesterday but he is a leader for sure

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 11:30 AM
I think they should deal Bowe now while he has value. IMO, he has reached his full potential.

True; as long as it's not another AFC West team. Knowing our luck, though, whoever we get for him will end up being a bust while he goes on to be a franchise player somewhere else.

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 11:43 AM

Me as well. A couple of monthes ago I said that he was not a real number 1 WR in the NFL. He got hot and made me rethink it. But now I am leaning that way again. He is to inconsitant to be a true number 1 WR IMO. But I do think that he is a good NFL WR.

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Me as well. A couple of monthes ago I said that he was not a real number 1 WR in the NFL. He got hot and made me rethink it. But now I am leaning that way again. He is to inconsitant to be a true number 1 WR IMO. But I do think that he is a good NFL WR.

I guess it is what it is. I know that even the best of consistent NFL receivers will have a dropped ball here and there, but it's difficult to know just which Bowe will show up.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I want to know what goes on in his head because he has the talent but for some reason he isnt always there mentally.

wilqb16
12-20-2010, 01:05 PM

I think he'd be a great compliment to Larry Fitzgerald...

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 01:06 PM
that and IMO Fitz will elevate Bowes play and make him practice hard all the time

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 01:08 PM
I want to know what goes on in his head because he has the talent but for some reason he isnt always there mentally.

I don't know; call me a "Homer" but I'm not really seeing that. Aside from the intentional grounding yesterday I thought it appeared that his head was pretty much in the game all day long. The interception occurred because Bowe and Moeaki took each other out of the play.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know; call me a "Homer" but I'm not really seeing that. Aside from the intentional grounding yesterday I thought it appeared that his head was pretty much in the game all day long. The interception occurred because Bowe and Moeaki took each other out of the play.
I was talking about Bowe my bad

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 01:11 PM
I was talking about Bowe my bad

:lol:

Oh, sorry about that. I agree then. :smile

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 01:12 PM
:lol:

Oh, sorry about that. I agree then. :smile

:lol: I'm glad we are on the same page :bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
12-20-2010, 01:16 PM

I am with you on this one. Bowe is just not that good. I know a lot of people here think that he is the second coming, but he is really starting to crank me off.

Seriously, the one headed drop monster reared its ugly head again yesterday. In addition he continues to blow routes, and he seems to be impossible to get lined up properly. How many illegal procedure calls were called yesterday anyway?

I am tired of having to watch Cassel move this guy around the field. Let's get someone in here that can actually play the game. I have had it with the Bowe Show.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 01:19 PM
I am with you on this one. Bowe is just not that good. I know a lot of people here think that he is the second coming, but he is really starting to crank me off.

Seriously, the one headed drop monster reared its ugly head again yesterday. In addition he continues to blow routes, and he seems to be impossible to get lined up properly. How many illegal procedure calls were called yesterday anyway?

I am tired of having to watch Cassel move this guy around the field. Let's get someone in here that can actually play the game. I have had it with the Bowe Show.
In Bowes defense all those illegal procedures wernt just on Bowe and I believe that Moeaki ran the wrong route when him and Bowe got mixed up with each other. I think Bowe just needs a #1 WR to take all the pressure off him

Hayvern
12-20-2010, 01:26 PM
There is still something missing.

I have been a Cassel fan and still am, I have been critical of him sometimes and rightfully so. There is still something missing.

Maybe it is the receivers, maybe Cassel is just a little late with his reads and throws, we just do not seem to be seeing those clear in the open passes that you see from Great quarterbacks.

All of our complete passes seem to be very physical affairs as if either the receivers were not able to get open, or the defenders were able to identify the intended target and get into coverage before the ball was in the receiver's vacinity.

Something i think we need to improve upon.

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 01:28 PM
:lol: I'm glad we are on the same page :bananen_smilies046:

:bananen_smilies046:

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 03:45 PM
There is still something missing.

I have been a Cassel fan and still am, I have been critical of him sometimes and rightfully so. There is still something missing.

Maybe it is the receivers, maybe Cassel is just a little late with his reads and throws, we just do not seem to be seeing those clear in the open passes that you see from Great quarterbacks.

All of our complete passes seem to be very physical affairs as if either the receivers were not able to get open, or the defenders were able to identify the intended target and get into coverage before the ball was in the receiver's vacinity.

Something i think we need to improve upon.
A lot of it is because of the WR. I mean when Bowe got seperation deep down the sideline against the Rams Cassel threw a perfect ball. When the recievers help Cassel out he can make the throws that great QBs can make IMO

KCMASS
12-20-2010, 04:20 PM
I agree about Cassel. I live in New England & they love Cassel here. I knew he was tough after getting sacked so many times last year. I never seen him complain. He just dusted himself off & got back into the huddle. Cassel is a soild QB & I'm glad we have him!

Hayvern
12-20-2010, 04:52 PM
In Bowes defense all those illegal procedures wernt just on Bowe and I believe that Moeaki ran the wrong route when him and Bowe got mixed up with each other. I think Bowe just needs a #1 WR to take all the pressure off him

I know the announcers seemed to think Moeaki ran the wrong route, but who really knows? Just the guys on the team. Bowe has been known for running wrong routes all season long and while I am not saying Moeaki is perfect, you don't really see his name called so much for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

chief31
12-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Wait...

We hate Bowe again?

Good luck with that, guys. I am staying put on this one. I like him.

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Wait...

We hate Bowe again?

I like him too, but he does frustrate me.

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 09:56 PM

Me as well. He can make you say WOW in a good way and a bad way. But I do think he is a very important part of our offense.

Coach
12-21-2010, 12:07 AM
If it's 3rd and 18 and we need a TD, I'd throw it to Bowe. If it's 3rd and 4 and we need to move the chains, I wouldn't even look at his side of the field.

Chiefster
12-21-2010, 12:30 AM
If it's 3rd and 18 and we need a TD, I'd throw it to Bowe. If it's 3rd and 4 and we need to move the chains, I wouldn't even look at his side of the field.

Good point; I don't know if it's some kind of mental thing with him or what, but I sure wish he could get whatever the problem is worked out.

4everchiefsfan25
12-21-2010, 11:11 AM
his problem is all upstairs because I know that dude has all the talent in the world he just needs to get his mind right and stop getting distracted.

wilqb16
12-21-2010, 05:44 PM
his problem is all upstairs because I know that dude has all the talent in the world he just needs to get his mind right and stop getting distracted.

I agree - but do we all think its fixable?

One thing I noticed is that a lot of the good receivers drop a lot of passes. Surpringly, Terrell Owens, Ochocinco and Wes Welker are all among the leagues to 20 in dropped passes. However Bowe (who only has 5 dropped passes this season) seems to drop his at critical times and particularly on 3rd down.

I think that Bowe is going to just drop passes. Its just one of those things. However, I still like him. I just think we need to compliment him with another receiver - like Fitzgerald - who is good in critical situations and 3rd downs...

4everchiefsfan25
12-22-2010, 11:01 AM

One thing I noticed is that a lot of the good receivers drop a lot of passes. Surpringly, Terrell Owens, Ochocinco and Wes Welker are all among the leagues to 20 in dropped passes. However Bowe (who only has 5 dropped passes this season) seems to drop his at critical times and particularly on 3rd down.

I think that Bowe is going to just drop passes. Its just one of those things. However, I still like him. I just think we need to compliment him with another receiver - like Fitzgerald - who is good in critical situations and 3rd downs...
It seems like it is fixable we just need a veteran WR like Fitz to be there with Bowe all season long. You could see that things really sank into Bowes head in the beginning of the season when whatever Fitz taught him in his camp was still fresh in his head. Now the season is getting longer and its not as fresh in Bowes head of what Fitz had said to him so maybe if we had Fitz all year long in Bowes ear it would help Bowe stay on track

Hayvern
12-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Wait...

We hate Bowe again?

No change from me, he has to do a lot more than play well for two or three games to be considered a good player.

I am willing to bet that we see some serious moves in the receiver area this yeah and if Bowe is back next year, he will NOT be a number 1 receiver.

Hayvern
12-22-2010, 04:09 PM

He still misses his routes, he drops balls at critical times, is unable to get seperation against defenders. He can make an amazing flying through the air, double backflip, two feet in the end of the end zone catch one minute, and then drop a small floating screen pass the next.

I once said that as long as you never throw the ball directly TO Bowe, he will be a good receiver, the minute he gets a pass on target, placed perfectly, with a huge gain potential, he drops it.

Canada
12-22-2010, 04:11 PM
He still misses his routes, he drops balls at critical times, is unable to get seperation against defenders. He can make an amazing flying through the air, double backflip, two feet in the end of the end zone catch one minute, and then drop a small floating screen pass the next.

I once said that as long as you never throw the ball directly TO Bowe, he will be a good receiver, the minute he gets a pass on target, placed perfectly, with a huge gain potential, he drops it.If that were true Croyle would be a lot better!! :lol:

Hayvern
12-22-2010, 04:15 PM
If that were true Croyle would be a lot better!! :lol:

Bah, that was funny!

:sFl_canada2: