PDA

View Full Version : What needs to happen for us to go to the playoffs

figcrostic
12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
I know some of you number crunchers out there know the answer to this. So tell me what are the scenarios that can happen for us to win. Can we still lose a game? If we win our next two are we guaranteed? Thanks.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 10:57 AM
we cant lose a game if San Diego doesn't lose a game

wildcat
12-20-2010, 11:05 AM
In all honesty, we need to win the AFC West to make the playoffs. We are only 5-5 against AFC teams, so basically everybody else has all of the tie breakers. If we lose a game, we are out of the wildcard race.

With two games left, the Jets and Pittsburgh/Baltimore have a 1 win lead, plus the tie breakers. One of those teams would have to lose their last two in order for us to pass them and we would have to win both. If we win both of our remaining games, we win the division anyway. So, the reality is, we have to win the division. If we don't, we won't have enough wins to get a wildcard anyway.

To really simplify it, we have to at least keep pace with the Chargers over the last two games in order to win the division and make the playoffs. Preferably, we will just win out and take any doubt out of the scenario.

BoltWalt
12-20-2010, 11:34 AM
I know some of you number crunchers out there know the answer to this. So tell me what are the scenarios that can happen for us to win. Can we still lose a game? If we win our next two are we guaranteed? Thanks.
Chiefs must win these last two games to take the division. Lose one game and you open the door for the Bolts to step through and take the AFC West. The Raiders need the Chiefs to lose out and the bolts two drop one game to take the division and go to the playoffs.

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 11:34 AM
It's real simple to make the playoffs we have to win the next two games. That's how we would make the playoffs. Is it possible to lose a game and get in yes but we would have to have either the Bengals or the Donkeys beat the Chargers. I don't see either happing. I think we have to win the AFC West to get in there are just to many good teams in the AFC for us to get a wild card.

SIC J
12-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Win last 2 games = AFC West Champs
Win 1 and Chargers lose 1 = AFC West Champs
Win 0 and Charger lose 2, Raiders lose 1 = AFC West Champs

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Winning.

Coach
12-20-2010, 02:46 PM
There you have it.

BoltWalt
12-20-2010, 03:24 PM
That sums it up very good. Well Done.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 03:27 PM
it seems like sum1 always asks what the playoff scenario is every week if the Chiefs win out we go to the playoffs dont worry about ne thing else

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM
it seems like sum1 always asks what the playoff scenario is every week if the Chiefs win out we go to the playoffs dont worry about ne thing else

Yup, we win our remaining games it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM
thats the only way i would have it