PDA

View Full Version : larry fitzgerald

marloweopatchiefs
12-20-2010, 12:27 PM
If you google "fitzgerald to be traded to chiefs" it brings up alot of links. I have thought about this the past few weeks. I read that there are certain stimpulations in his contract to where he cannot be traded to a team he doesn't wanna go to. And that he gets along with todd haley and also works out with bowe. I like the thought of the chiefs going for him after this off season. I'll try to find the thread i read and post it. And his contract ends in 2011.

marloweopatchiefs
12-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Kansas City Chiefs Future At Receiver: Dwayne Bowe, Then What? - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2010/12/16/1873950/kansas-city-chiefs-receiver-dwayne-bowe-larry-fitzgerald)

marloweopatchiefs
12-20-2010, 12:31 PM
another one

Kansas City Chiefs Brokering Trade for Larry Fitzgerald Makes Sense | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/491740-chiefs-brokering-trade-for-larry-fitzgerald-makes-sense-for-kansas-city)

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 12:51 PM
If you google "fitzgerald to be traded to chiefs" it brings up alot of links. I have thought about this the past few weeks. I read that there are certain stimpulations in his contract to where he cannot be traded to a team he doesn't wanna go to. And that he gets along with todd haley and also works out with bowe. I like the thought of the chiefs going for him after this off season. I'll try to find the thread i read and post it. And his contract ends in 2011.
Fitzgeralds contract doesn't end in 2011 it ends in 2012 but this coming up year he is allowed to opt out of his contract.

marloweopatchiefs
12-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Fitzgeralds contract doesn't end in 2011 it ends in 2012 but this coming up year he is allowed to opt out of his contract.

Thank you that is what i meant. HE can opt out. I just wanted opinions.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I would love it man, I have the most trust in Pioli to beable to get it done. If we had Fitz and Bowe I cant imagine how far our Chiefs can go

marloweopatchiefs
12-20-2010, 12:58 PM
fitz would be are true number 1..not to take anything away from bowe cause i want him there to. It's just that i am sick of the easy drops on like say 3rd and 2....by bowe...fitz would not drop the easy ones.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 01:00 PM
No he wouldn't but I mean if Bowe practiced with Fitz every day instead of just in a camp then I think Bowe could do a lot better. Bowes best fit is a number 2 WR, and when bowe gets his big head Fitz will beable to be there and bring him back down to reality

wilqb16
12-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I think Fitzgerald would be a great fit and I think he and some O-line help are the pieces missing to move the offense to the next level

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 01:05 PM
If we can get Fitz during the offseason that is one less pick that we need in the draft and we will beable to focus more on all the other spots that we need to fill

#58ChiefsFan
12-20-2010, 01:22 PM
If we can get Fitz during the offseason that is one less pick that we need in the draft and we will beable to focus more on all the other spots that we need to fill

It's going to require some early draft picks to bring Larry here. Hard to say with Haley and company if giving up that much young talent would be worth having a superstar wideout. I'm leaning to the side of Fitzgerald being to pricey for us to acquire, I'd love to be wrong though!

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I think there will be a lot of negotiating and hopefully Pioli can talk Arizona out of the huge price that they are going to want. Also if Fitz is too expensive Vincent Jackson is going to be a FA next year maybe we go after him.

Ryfo18
12-20-2010, 01:32 PM
It's a lot to give up I'm sure in terms of draft picks and then they also have to make sure they can resign him to make it worth it, otherwise he's a 1 year loaner. He'd be totally worth it though provided Pioli can lock him up long term.

#58ChiefsFan
12-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Scott has made some pretty good deals in the past so it's not out of the question. I just think of Fitz as the best receiver in the game.

Ryfo18
12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Scott has made some pretty good deals in the past so it's not out of the question. I just think of Fitz as the best receiver in the game.

I'd say Andre Johnson, only because I have a huge man crush on him, but Fitz is definitely a close 2nd.

matthewschiefs
12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
I would not mind haveing him at all. He would not only give us a good wr in himself but he would also be a help to D Bowe. I think it would just be a good thing for us to do if we don't have to give up to much for him and we can sign him to a deal more then 1 year.

Coach
12-20-2010, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't be against trading a 1st rd'er for Fitzgerald. We ned another good WR. Adding bonafide talent for a 1st round pick is a good trade in my opinion. 1st round picks are not guaranteed to work out anyway as we all know all too well.

1st- Fitz
2nd- LB,NT,C
3rd- LB,NT, C
4th LB,NT,C

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 02:26 PM
The addition of Fitz could only be a positive. I know he'd come with a steep price tag, but as much as we have conserved over the years we should be able to swing it.

Coach
12-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Here is an excerpt from the Larry Fitzgerald article shown below:

“I would love to go play for Coach Haley,” Fitzgerald said. “I will go play for him in Canada or if he was coaching high school. I would go and do whatever Coach Haley asked me to do, because that is just the respect and admiration I have for him. But I’m in contract in Arizona and have a job to do here. Until something changes that’s where I want be and that’s where my heart is.”

Fitzgerald on Todd Haley - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15400)

Chiefster
12-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Here is an excerpt from the Larry Fitzgerald article shown below:

Fitzgerald on Todd Haley - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15400)

He's just the kind of guy you want on the team!

honda522
12-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Not sure I would want to trade for him...atleast for the 2011 season.

4everchiefsfan25
12-20-2010, 03:34 PM
It's a lot to give up I'm sure in terms of draft picks and then they also have to make sure they can resign him to make it worth it, otherwise he's a 1 year loaner. He'd be totally worth it though provided Pioli can lock him up long term.
If Pioli can get Jamaal Charles to sign a 5 year 32 million dollar contract and be happy about it, im pretty sure he will beable to get Fitz to sign a long term contract.

stadw0n306
12-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh man, i would be so happy.. he is my favorite player that isnt on the chiefs, him comming to the chiefs would make everything perfect for me haha, he has some of the best hands in the league if not the best, sure wouldnt be seeing to many drops anymore :D

brdempsey69
12-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I like Fitzgerald a lot like everyone else here -- but the most I'd give up is a 1st rounder and only if he agrees to a long-term deal with the Chiefs before hand. The Chiefs still need a couple of quality interior O-Lineman ( Waters and Weigmann are nearing the end ), but you can get those in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds or via FA.

OPLookn
12-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I would love it man, I have the most trust in Pioli to beable to get it done. If we had Fitz and Bowe I cant imagine how far our Chiefs can go

I can...it starts with Super and ends with Bowl.

:lol:

SIC J
12-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Picking up a guy like Fitz would take so much pressure off the run game and upgrade this offense greatly!

Canada
12-20-2010, 09:10 PM
“I will go play for him in Canada"

That would be uncomfortable.

Lazeye
12-20-2010, 09:39 PM
If Pioli can get Jamaal Charles to sign a 5 year 32 million dollar contract and be happy about it, im pretty sure he will beable to get Fitz to sign a long term contract.
I think S.P. with what he showed the world in New England with keeping people in line and for the right price is he sells the big picture not the big star. I think the players understand the goal and that was to win the BIG GAME....thats the dream right! Fitz knows the chiefs are on the come up and now is a good chance to win that game.

4everchiefsfan25
12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
I think S.P. with what he showed the world in New England with keeping people in line and for the right price is he sells the big picture not the big star. I think the players understand the goal and that was to win the BIG GAME....thats the dream right! Fitz knows the chiefs are on the come up and now is a good chance to win that game.
that and he loves Haley he said that he would run threw a wall for him so I mean Fitz would fall in line with how the team feels about Haley already.

Coach
12-21-2010, 12:05 PM
that and he loves Haley he said that he would run threw a wall for him so I mean Fitz would fall in line with how the team feels about Haley already.
I dont think there is really any question about Larry's willingness to play for the Chiefs/Haley. But that's the easy part.

4everchiefsfan25
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
ya thats true but Pioli's strength besides the draft is negotiations IMO

Canada
12-21-2010, 04:02 PM
ya thats true but Pioli's strength besides the draft is negotiations IMOAnd hes a snappy dresser!!

N TX Dave
12-21-2010, 04:15 PM
And hes a snappy dresser!!

That he may be but that does not help the Chiefs win any games and that is all I care about he could dress in sweats all the time as long as the Chiefs win under him.

4everchiefsfan25
12-21-2010, 04:15 PM
you dress for success lol

Canada
12-21-2010, 04:24 PM
That he may be but that does not help the Chiefs win any games and that is all I care about he could dress in sweats all the time as long as the Chiefs win under him.You dont know that

4everchiefsfan25
12-22-2010, 09:01 AM
That he may be but that does not help the Chiefs win any games and that is all I care about he could dress in sweats all the time as long as the Chiefs win under him.
Look at Josh Mcdaniels he wore sweats and a hoody and he couldn't get his donkeys a winning season:beat_DeadHorse:

tornadospotter
12-22-2010, 08:59 PM
I would trade a first round pick for a proven star that still has an upside to his career.

#58ChiefsFan
12-22-2010, 09:07 PM
I would trade a first round pick for a proven star that still has an upside to his career.

Absolutly, but Fitz will take a LOT more than one pick to get.

Lazeye
12-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Absolutly, but Fitz will take a LOT more than one pick to get.
I dont think so, with Fritz loving Haley so much I think it will be almost to easy. When you make the kind of money they do, one would take less money in most/some cases to play for a certain coach. It happens in all sports. If we were not playoff bound for 2 years I would say impossible but we are playoff bound without him so with him we may be more, and it I remember that is a players goal, tony left us for that reason.

tornadospotter
12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Wondering if Tony has any regrets about his decision to leave our Team.

figcrostic
12-23-2010, 12:22 AM

Aren't the Falcons almost certain to go to the playoffs?

tornadospotter
12-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Aren't the Falcons almost certain to go to the playoffs?
That was not the Question.

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I bet he will if the Falcons don't win the Super Bowl this year or next year. It would of been nice though to get Tony G a Super Bowl in a Chiefs uniform

Canada
12-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Wondering if Tony has any regrets about his decision to leave our Team.Maybe not now, but he will in Feb when he watches Cassel hoist the Lombardi after defeating the Falcons!! :D

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I dont think so, with Fritz loving Haley so much I think it will be almost to easy. When you make the kind of money they do, one would take less money in most/some cases to play for a certain coach. It happens in all sports. If we were not playoff bound for 2 years I would say impossible but we are playoff bound without him so with him we may be more, and it I remember that is a players goal, tony left us for that reason.

There's a real good point....Every pro football player dreams of being a star in the Superbowl, and they want to play for a team that they think can get them there. Our run this year means that established stars who want a Superbowl would consider playing for us for less $$$ than they would want from a basement dweller.

Throw in how Fitz feels about Haley and we might be able to sign him for less cash than a lot of other teams.

But that won't change the fact that the Card are going to want a lot for him. Getting him before he is a FA will COST us but it might well be worth it.

In any case, I think that the things he has been saying about Haley are his way of telling Haley he wants to be here in the hopes that Haley can convince Pioli.

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2010, 02:15 PM

I dunno about that, but I surely wish we had had him this year!

marloweopatchiefs
12-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Ignore the thread of fitz not coming to kc This is the same person and i know it's him cause i have remembered his name since the beginning of the year who said matt cassel was not capable of being the QB of the future and that we should give brodie croyle a chance.

Hayvern
12-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Who is this Tony G of which you speak? I know a player named Tony M!

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah.....Tony M is turning into one hell of a threat in his own right!