PDA

View Full Version : 2011 without the NFL

Scout200
12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
As the end of the year is approaching, several are wondering about the possible lockout next year. If there is a lockout in 2011 what impact will it have on the NFL, players, fans and in general, America? Also, if there is a lockout, who's to blame?

stricken721
12-21-2010, 06:14 PM
As the end of the year is approaching, several are wondering about the possible lockout next year. If there is a lockout in 2011 what impact will it have on the NFL, players, fans and in general, America? Also, if there is a lockout, who's to blame?

It will be a huge blow to a lot of people. I know that I love football and it's a passion of mine and I would hate to see a lockout. I really think that both the players and owners would be to blame on this issue. I'm hoping there won't be a lockout, but it looks like it's almost unavoidable.

Chiefster
12-21-2010, 10:03 PM
It will be a huge blow to a lot of people. I know that I love football and it's a passion of mine and I would hate to see a lockout. I really think that both the players and owners would be to blame on this issue. I'm hoping there won't be a lockout, but it looks like it's almost unavoidable.

I agree; I find myself having very little sympathy for either side here.

AussieChiefsFan
12-22-2010, 02:14 AM
I think I've missed something here? No NFL in 2011?! Has this ever happened before?:beat_DeadHorse:

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!! Stay calm. Deep breaths.

4everchiefsfan25
12-22-2010, 08:49 AM
I don't know what I'm going to do every Sunday during football season if there is no Chiefs games. This is going to suck! but I think its going to be both sides fault for all this.

Scout200
12-22-2010, 02:44 PM

Agreed! Goodell recently announced that that there's no CBA deadline for the NFL but a deal could be reached by Super Bowl...

matthewschiefs
12-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Agreed! Goodell recently announced that that there's no CBA deadline for the NFL but a deal could be reached by Super Bowl...

I think both sides are going to reach an agrement before next season begins. I do think there will be a lockout but it won't go into the season. Both sides are going be willing to give a bit more when it comes time to start makeing money in the next year.

AussieChiefsFan
12-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Can someone please explain to me why this could happen? I really have no idea why!

stricken721
12-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Can someone please explain to me why this could happen? I really have no idea why!

Basically the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) The owners and NFLPA have to agree who will make what money. It expires at the end of the season, with no agreement there will be no football until it is fixed.

That's the problem in a nutshell.

AussieChiefsFan
12-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Basically the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) The owners and NFLPA have to agree who will make what money. It expires at the end of the season, with no agreement there will be no football until it is fixed.

That's the problem in a nutshell.
Ohhh.

Has this happened before?

matthewschiefs
12-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Ohhh.

Has this happened before?

Its happen a long time ago not sure of the year but it's been a long time.

It's happend in other sports as well. Hockey missed a whole season due to a lockout.

AussieChiefsFan
12-23-2010, 11:01 PM

It's happend in other sports as well. Hockey missed a whole season due to a lockout.
Hmm, ok. Thanks for replying

Scout200
12-30-2010, 11:40 AM

I believe it happened in both 1982 and 1987. In '82, it reduced the season to only 9 games and in '87, the strike reduced the 16 game season to a 15 game season...