PDA

View Full Version : New Power Rankings

stlchief
09-26-2007, 06:28 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/09/26/ranks.part1/index.html?bcnn=yes

11 - Broncos
12 - Chargers
25 - Chiefs
26 - Raiders

Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....

hermhater
09-26-2007, 06:29 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/09/26/ranks.part1/index.html?bcnn=yes

11 - Broncos
12 - Chargers
25 - Chiefs
26 - Raiders

Good lord - what has anyone seen from Broncos or the Chargers to say top half? nothing different than the Chiefs. No respect. When #11 & #12 lose this week and #25 & #26 win, I doubt there is any change in the relative order of the AFC West in this poll....

Nothing new...

The Chiefs never get any respect by the analysts!

m0ef0e
09-26-2007, 06:31 PM

11 - Broncos
12 - Chargers
25 - Chiefs
26 - Raiders

Seems like the guys as SI are still watching preseason tapes...

stlchief
09-26-2007, 09:45 PM
A few more facts I couldn't add earlier:
BRONCOS (11) 6th ranked offense / 3rd ranked defense:

(W) Bills are ranked 32nd in offense & 32nd in defense.
(W) Raiders are ranked 15th in offense & 27th in defense.
(L) Jaguars are ranked 19th in offense & 6th in defense.

CHARGERS (12) 27th ranked offense / 22nd ranked defense:
(W) Bears are ranked 30th in offense & 16th in defense.
(L) Patriots are ranked 1st in offense & 1st in defense.
(L) Packers are ranked 18th in offense & 15th in defense.

CHIEFS (25) 29th ranked offense / 4th ranked defense:
(L) Texans are ranked 23rd in offense & 13th in defense.
(L) Bears are ranked in 30th offense & 16th in defense.
(W) Vikings are ranked 26th in offense & 11th in defense.

RAIDERS (26) 15th ranked offense / 27th ranked defense:
(L) Cowboys are ranked 2nd in offense & 21st in defense.
(L) Broncos are ranked 6th in offense & 4th in defense.
(W) Browns are ranked 9th in offense & 31st in defense.

(BTW – Rams have looked like crap – 25th ranked offense / 7th ranked defense – I live here so I hear how bad they are – are 0-3 and are ranked 24th. A-mazing…)
Everything changes with a Bronco loss to Indy & a Chiefs win over San Diego.

m0ebr0
09-26-2007, 10:03 PM

11 - Broncos
12 - Chargers
25 - Chiefs
26 - Raiders

All sports casters think the Chiefs will do horrible this year.

timsatt1
09-26-2007, 11:39 PM
All sports casters think the Chiefs will do horrible this year.

i am chiefs fan and also am not blind. i saw all three games. and you expect us to be power ranked above 20 so far? or what? what are you thinking? byast opinions. Yes, we LOOK HARDER for possible potential in our own team cause they aRE OUR TEAM. Yes, we have a chance to make the playoffs, but we also have a chance at going 7-9.

so take it easy on the analysts, they are just using common sense.

Coach
09-26-2007, 11:45 PM
i am chiefs fan and also am not blind. i saw all three games. and you expect us to be power ranked above 20 so far? or what? what are you thinking? byast opinions. Yes, we LOOK HARDER for possible potential in our own team cause they aRE OUR TEAM. Yes, we have a chance to make the playoffs, but we also have a chance at going 7-9.

Yes, I hear you. I want my Chiefs to kick butt on Sunday. But at the same time, they haven't done anything to deserve a lot of respect so far. Their defense has looked good, but their offense has looked worse than any other team in the league IMO. If the Chiefs put up 20 pts on the Bolts and hold the bolts to 10 pts, then they will earn some repsect.

Canada
09-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Yes, I hear you. I want my Chiefs to kick butt on Sunday. But at the same time, they haven't done anything to deserve a lot of respect so far. Their defense has looked good, but their offense has looked worse than any other team in the league IMO. If the Chiefs put up 20 pts on the Bolts and hold the bolts to 10 pts, then they will earn some repsect.

I think the fact that they are the #4 defense in the league when we have an offense that goes 3 and out 8-10 times a game is absolutely incredible. 40 minutes a game they are out there and still better than most defenses in the league.

Look at the offense they have in the team we will not mention!! They are bad....we are still in preseason form on offence. When they start to click the Big Red Machine will be rolling over teams and the NFL won't know what hit em!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
09-26-2007, 11:51 PM

Dude do you work for the media or what?

:lol::mob:

timsatt1
09-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Dude do you work for the media or what?

:lol::mob:

haha, well, yes i know you are kidding with that line...

but i definately see byast in you wanting the chiefs to somehow have a decent power ranking after being 1-2 and the offense looking SO SO SO sO TERRIBLE...i mean did you not watch the same 3 games that i saw? can you at least admit to being byast.

i see the same potential y ou do....so yes i agree that they have a shot at playoffs....depending on many things, a big one being the play calling.

BUT THEY dont get their power rankings moved up unless they earn it and actually deserve it.

they are at 26, which is exactly what they deserve.

hermhater
09-27-2007, 12:03 AM

but i definately see byast in you wanting the chiefs to somehow have a decent power ranking after being 1-2 and the offense looking SO SO SO sO TERRIBLE...i mean did you not watch the same 3 games that i saw? can you at least admit to being byast.

i see the same potential y ou do....so yes i agree that they have a shot at playoffs....depending on many things, a big one being the play calling.

BUT THEY dont get their power rankings moved up unless they earn it and actually deserve it.

so you think St Louis should be ranked higher than us with a worse record playing against worse teams?

I don't get it.

I know there are all kinds of problems with the organization, but don't dis the team dis HERM and CARL!

Canada
09-27-2007, 12:06 AM

Play calling...that is what you put this down to. Do you think that it is something that won't get sorted out once the season gets heated up. Herm may not be perfect but our scoring will go up. Would you say that we would deserve to be 26th in 2003 when our O was great a our D was like a high school team?? A playoff team last year that lost one player and has the4th best defense in the league and on the rise as the season gets longer is not a 26th ranked team,

Go ahead...keep bashing them and calling yourself a fan!!

chief31
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I would be unable to rank the Chiefs much higher, myself. The fact that they are 1-2 and squeeked past a poor Vikings team, at Arrowhead, is the primary factor.

Yes the defense has good stats. But, how good would those stats be, if our opponents were needing to score, throughout the game? The urgency isn't there, for opposing offenses, when they can count on the Chiefs offense to give the ball back, while they are already leading?

The Raiders were ranked fourth, overall, in defense, a year ago. The only difference for that defense is the fact that the Raiders offense is scoring a few points this year. If the Raiders offense is going to score some points, then their opponents NEED to score some more, to win.

I want to see if the Chiefs defense is as good as it looks, when we have a lead. When the opposition feels like they HAVE TO score.

Canada
09-27-2007, 10:55 AM
\that was the last 4 minutes of the game on Sunday and MIN did nothing but go backwards

chief31
09-27-2007, 10:56 AM
that was the last 4 minutes of the game on Sunday and MIN did nothing but go backwards

The mighty Minnesota offense, for one possession? I had something more in mind.

Canada
09-27-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't buy that teams are not trying to score onour D. Minesota did not say hey....were up 10-6, no need to not score from the second Q on. CHI wanted to score more....didn't....HOU wanted to score more....didn't min same thing. Our defence is that good. Bal had good D and crap O but i bet they are a lot higher than us. I am not saying that we should be ranked at the top, but we do not deserve to be a bottom feeder either.

chief31
09-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't buy that teams are not trying to score onour D. Minesota did not say hey....were up 10-6, no need to not score from the second Q on. CHI wanted to score more....didn't....HOU wanted to score more....didn't min same thing. Our defence is that good. Bal had good D and crap O but i bet they are a lot higher than us. I am not saying that we should be ranked at the top, but we do not deserve to be a bottom feeder either.

I never said that teams aren't trying to score. What I said is that they don't have the same feeling of urgency to score.

When you are behind on the scoreboard, you feel like you have to score. While, if you are ahead, it just isn't as definite that you must. Look at the Chiefs offense. Do you believe that if the early play-calling had somehow worked and given us a lead, going into the fourth quarter, that we would have leaned so heavily on the passing game? Would we have been as desperate for another touchdown?

It isn't just the players. In fact, I think if it were entirely up to the players, few offenses would lose the "Must have touchdowns" mentallity, ever. But coordinators and coaches tend to be chicken-s***s. Employing a "Well, we don't want to turn the ball over and lose because we were too risky" mentallity.

Very rarely does a team rank high on the defensive stats, while also having high-ranking offense, for that exact reason.

As stated above, I just want to see this defense perform as well, with a lead. (More than one possession, against a bad offense.)

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 12:35 PM
A few more facts I couldn't add earlier:
BRONCOS (11) 6th ranked offense / 3rd ranked defense:

(W) Bills are ranked 32nd in offense & 32nd in defense.
(W) Raiders are ranked 15th in offense & 27th in defense.
(L) Jaguars are ranked 19th in offense & 6th in defense.

CHARGERS (12) 27th ranked offense / 22nd ranked defense:
(W) Bears are ranked 30th in offense & 16th in defense.
(L) Patriots are ranked 1st in offense & 1st in defense.
(L) Packers are ranked 18th in offense & 15th in defense.

CHIEFS (25) 29th ranked offense / 4th ranked defense:
(L) Texans are ranked 23rd in offense & 13th in defense.
(L) Bears are ranked in 30th offense & 16th in defense.
(W) Vikings are ranked 26th in offense & 11th in defense.

RAIDERS (26) 15th ranked offense / 27th ranked defense:
(L) Cowboys are ranked 2nd in offense & 21st in defense.
(L) Broncos are ranked 6th in offense & 4th in defense.
(W) Browns are ranked 9th in offense & 31st in defense.

(BTW – Rams have looked like crap – 25th ranked offense / 7th ranked defense – I live here so I hear how bad they are – are 0-3 and are ranked 24th. A-mazing…)
Everything changes with a Bronco loss to Indy & a Chiefs win over San Diego.

The Faders lost to the Lions in week 1. The Cowboys beat the Giants.

I agree about the Rams. They should be ranked lower than the Chiefs AND the Faders. Your record should reflect in your power rankings.

BTW, the Vikings and Texans are very similar as far as rankings go. They both have good defenses this year with offenses that boast some great players but do not rank among the highest in the league. The fact that we beat the Vikings after how we lost to the Texans says a lot about the improvement of our team thus far this season.

If you are going to agree with these rankings, just go ahead and give the Patriots the title for this year. Then we can just play the next season from this point with everybody sitting at 0-0 again, right? Anybody who takes the OPINIONS of these guys as fact is a sheep and nothing more. You wanna talk about bias? If you read most of the garbage that SI puts out closely, it ties into a lot of atlerior agendas and propaganda. ESPN is bad enough, SI employs robots and andriods that just say what they are programmed to.

Coach
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM
SI sucks. I still personally hold them responsible for chasing my hero, Bob Knight, out of Indiana.

Three7s
09-27-2007, 01:54 PM
The reason we lost to the Texans was because it was in Houston, if we play the Vikings in Minnesota, we probably lose.

DrunkHillbilly
09-27-2007, 02:10 PM

Since you think 26th is underrated, name 10 teams that are worse than us.

DrunkHillbilly
09-27-2007, 02:13 PM
The Faders lost to the Lions in week 1. The Cowboys beat the Giants.

I agree about the Rams. They should be ranked lower than the Chiefs AND the Faders. Your record should reflect in your power rankings.

BTW, the Vikings and Texans are very similar as far as rankings go. They both have good defenses this year with offenses that boast some great players but do not rank among the highest in the league. The fact that we beat the Vikings after how we lost to the Texans says a lot about the improvement of our team thus far this season.

If you are going to agree with these rankings, just go ahead and give the Patriots the title for this year. Then we can just play the next season from this point with everybody sitting at 0-0 again, right? Anybody who takes the OPINIONS of these guys as fact is a sheep and nothing more. You wanna talk about bias? If you read most of the garbage that SI puts out closely, it ties into a lot of atlerior agendas and propaganda. ESPN is bad enough, SI employs robots and andriods that just say what they are programmed to.

I did pick the Patriots to win it all in June. I have a friend who is a die hard Pats fan and it killed me to say that to him!

McLovin
09-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Im a diehard chiefs fan and I agree that they shouldnt be ranked below STL but ... but I am thinking somewhere in the lower half on just what they have shown so far. I would love to see a number one ranking but know this isnt deserved yet. I watch the power rankings close not for the number next to it but for what is said next to the number. In the foxsports power ranking I like what was said. Here is the site and a quote.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

"24. The Chiefs got their first win of the season on Sunday, avoiding the franchise's first 0-3 start in 27 years. With the running game doing absolutely nothing, Kansas City turned to the aerial attack, getting just enough offense to win 13-10. Larry Johnson was held to 42 yards on 24 carries, but quarterback Damon Huard completed 20-of-29 passes for 209 yards. The defense did its part to ensure the victory. With the Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers all either 2-1 or 1-2, the Chiefs are still in the mix in the crowded AFC West."

24th but the writer admits that this is going to be a long year for the West. I could possibly see whoever wins the division winning it with 8-8 a far cry from missing the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

Denver is squaking out wins but then thats what they do. Do I think Denver will win the division ... probably not.

San Diego is starting to doubt each other .. bunch of great players .. not a team. Do I think they will win the division. Maybe just have to wait and see.

Faders right now to me the scariest team in the division. Yes they lost to Denver but in the West it seems like game with 2 West teams are always close. They are absolutely going to do better then last year. But I think that winning the division is a couple years off. (and by then they will be losers again and still not win the division.

Chiefs - first two games looked horrible, I was still a fan but thinking they might wanna look at a nice #1 or 2 overall pick. Thought maybe a QB and then some O line help. Get Boomer stronger in his position, man I miss Tony Richardson. I think this week will be very telling on what kind of a team the Chiefs are. If they play like last week and the handcuffs and hard restaints are released, Damon or Brodie is allowed to air it out a lil. It could be a great weak against a somewhat weak Chargers Pass D. A quote from my Fantasy League about Bowe "Chiefs rookie WR Dwayne Bowe has made a nice impact in the last couple of weeks, gaining seven passes for 93 yards and a touchdown. The Chargers rank 22nd in pass defense, and have allowed three passing touchdowns and a 100-yard receiver in each of the last two games.
(Updated 09/26/2007)." cbssports.com fantasy news from NFL.com fantasy football.
If the Chiefs win this game then they are in contention, Blow out the Chargers and get some respect and maybe be the favorite in the division. Lose and everybody says see I told you the Chiefs werent any good.

Just my 2 cents

bryonc

On another note Im behind ya Canada on calling out a 'fan' who in the posts I have read doesnt seem to be a fan at all. Guess ill have to keep reading and hopefully be proven wrong. Im too new here to be pointing fingers. As I said in the chat room while there were speculations that Canada could just be the streaker.... GO CANADA lol

rbedgood
09-27-2007, 02:22 PM

I'll take a crack at that...

Atlanta
Cleveland (I don't care about the Cincy game, they lost to Oakland)
Oakland
Buffalo
Minnesota (umm scoreboard?!)
Miami
St Louis (no offense & no defense, nice combo)
Tampa Bay
New Orleans (1 week fluke, 2 weeks slump, 3 weeks TREND)
NY Jets
NY Giants
and possibly Cincy (no defense)

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 02:37 PM

Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, Arizona, San Fransisco are just a few of the teams that I think should be ranked below the Chiefs right now if one is not considering records. (SI obviously doesn't.)

There is a huge list of teams that I think are on approximately the same level as the Chiefs. Just because we haven't blown up the scoreboard yet doesn't mean we are any worse than any of these teams. Very few teams in the league right now don't have some kind of weakness that is obvious. Even the Cowboys, who people are calling the best team in the NFC right now (and I agree) are ranked 21st in defense and have allowed over 20 points per game. Teams like the Bengals, Lions, and Giants are putting up points but are getting run over on defense. Who in their right mind would NOT pick the Chiefs to put up a bunch of points on a team like that?? The Jets (20th against the run) gave up 100+ yards and 2 TD's to Ronnie Brown-- who is not a bad back, but is no LJ, either. You think LJ's woes would continue against a team like that??

I did pick the Patriots to win it all in June. I have a friend who is a die hard Pats fan and it killed me to say that to him!

How often is a June prediction actually correct after the season is done? I agree, right now, the Pats are the best candidate but I would not be surprised at all if somebody else that only a few homers were picking went to the big game. It happens with regularity in a league as competetive as the NFL. This isn't baseball and the Patriots aren't the Yankees.

DrunkHillbilly
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, Arizona, San Fransisco are just a few of the teams that I think should be ranked below the Chiefs right now if one is not considering records. (SI obviously doesn't.)

There is a huge list of teams that I think are on approximately the same level as the Chiefs. Just because we haven't blown up the scoreboard yet doesn't mean we are any worse than any of these teams. Very few teams in the league right now don't have some kind of weakness that is obvious. Even the Cowboys, who people are calling the best team in the NFC right now (and I agree) are ranked 21st in defense and have allowed over 20 points per game. Teams like the Bengals, Lions, and Giants are putting up points but are getting run over on defense. Who in their right mind would NOT pick the Chiefs to put up a bunch of points on a team like that?? The Jets (20th against the run) gave up 100+ yards and 2 TD's to Ronnie Brown-- who is not a bad back, but is no LJ, either. You think LJ's woes would continue against a team like that??

How often is a June prediction actually correct after the season is done? I agree, right now, the Pats are the best candidate but I would not be surprised at all if somebody else that only a few homers were picking went to the big game. It happens with regularity in a league as competetive as the NFL. This isn't baseball and the Patriots aren't the Yankees.

I'll take my prediction over yours! Whoever it may be.

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 03:03 PM

I said the Pats are the best candidate right now. Sense tells me to roll with that. That could all change by week 8, though and THAT was my point. A superbowl prediction in June is a pretty shaky limb to be on regardless of how good it looks for the team picked or how bad for everyone else. I think you don't even read my posts sometimes and just try to piss me off to argue. Good luck with that.

hermhater
09-27-2007, 03:05 PM
I said the Pats are the best candidate right now. Sense tells me to roll with that. That could all change by week 8, though and THAT was my point. A superbowl prediction in June is a pretty shaky limb to be on regardless of how good it looks for the team picked or how bad for everyone else. I think you don't even read my posts sometimes and just try to piss me off to argue. Good luck with that.

Excellent post.

All it takes is one bad hit on Brady's knee and then what's up?

DrunkHillbilly
09-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Docs has the Chiefs ranked #22 in thier rankings this week.

DrunkHillbilly
09-27-2007, 03:29 PM

I read them and try to piss you off because your skin is thin!!!!!! Don't flatter yourself!

Slow down there tough guy. Remember, I can't see your face to see your expression or hear your voice to know your tone. I was simply making a statement. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Week 8? It could change tomorrow with an injury! I just said they were my pick. And I Hate the Patriots!

DrunkHillbilly
09-27-2007, 03:43 PM
I'll take a crack at that...

Atlanta
Cleveland (I don't care about the Cincy game, they lost to Oakland)
Oakland
Buffalo
Minnesota (umm scoreboard?!)
Miami
St Louis (no offense & no defense, nice combo)
Tampa Bay
New Orleans (1 week fluke, 2 weeks slump, 3 weeks TREND)
NY Jets
NY Giants
and possibly Cincy (no defense)

Hard for me to rank teams with the same record above us. But, I realize they have to get ranked somrwhere.

I haven't looked but I am guessing that most if not all of the teams you mentioned have out scored us and probably not far behind in the PA catagory.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, my point was that the last 15 teams in the power rankings are just all jumbled together and anyone could be ranked above or below anyone for a bunch of reasons. With the exception of the 0-3 teams that is.

YZILLA
09-27-2007, 04:19 PM

I agree 100% . A win is a win yes, But I would rather win in a convincing way before I start patting myself on the back . The Vikings game could have gone either way in my opinion. Luckily we got the refs to stick with the incomplete pass that went under review. We now know the taste of the endzone and I hope that we treat this like a snowball that grows and grows as it rolls foward. GO CHIEFS!!

timsatt1
09-27-2007, 06:31 PM
im not looking for someone here to decide if i am a real fan or not. I am not whining about our 1-2 team, that has played very poorly, getting a low power rank, which means nothing.

this isnt ncaa where it is going to decide what bowl game we go to. power rankings in week 3 are only so accurate, as you have only had 3 games to analyze. whether they rank us 19 or 29...i dont think it matters. I am saying you are all dillusional, seeing the 3 games that we have played so far, making a big deal or whining about the power ranking we were given. i mean you all (the ones complaining) are a joke to me. for real. DAMN. i would hate to know what y ou think you see when you look at your own damn self inthe mirror. I am sure you all (the whiners) think you look like brad pitt or ...jared allen :)

ok dont take that too personally, there was some sarcasm in that post, and some seriousness. get over yourselves. When our record reflects a good team, then we can start complaining over the media's ratings...whicn again dont determine anything anyways.

hermhater
09-27-2007, 06:39 PM
im not looking for someone here to decide if i am a real fan or not. I am not whining about our 1-2 team, that has played very poorly, getting a low power rank, which means nothing.

this isnt ncaa where it is going to decide what bowl game we go to. power rankings in week 3 are only so accurate, as you have only had 3 games to analyze. whether they rank us 19 or 29...i dont think it matters. I am saying you are all dillusional, seeing the 3 games that we have played so far, making a big deal or whining about the power ranking we were given. i mean you all (the ones complaining) are a joke to me. for real. DAMN. i would hate to know what y ou think you see when you look at your own damn self inthe mirror. I am sure you all (the whiners) think you look like brad pitt or ...jared allen :)

ok dont take that too personally, there was some sarcasm in that post, and some seriousness. get over yourselves. When our record reflects a good team, then we can start complaining over the media's ratings...whicn again dont determine anything anyways.

When we are *****ing about the media rankings (hey I'll own it) we are discussing a historical precedent set forth in the NFL when Lamar Hunt started the AFL.

There has been a media, as well as organizational bias since the inception of the Chiefs organization.

I realize 1-2 is not that great but put a team that is 0-3 ahead of us in the rankings.

We have played some serious defenses this year (except Houston I guess) and they don't bring that into consideration in the media, whereas all they are talking about for SD is the fact that they played three great defenses, and that is why they are struggling.

It is a double standard and if you don't see it then you either are biased yourself, or have not been paying attention for the last 20 years.

Good posts though! Keep those opinions coming!:toast2:

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Hard for me to rank teams with the same record above us. But, I realize they have to get ranked somrwhere.

I haven't looked but I am guessing that most if not all of the teams you mentioned have out scored us and probably not far behind in the PA catagory.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, my point was that the last 15 teams in the power rankings are just all jumbled together and anyone could be ranked above or below anyone for a bunch of reasons. With the exception of the 0-3 teams that is.

So true. The bottom half of the list is so undefined this early in a season.

stlchief
09-28-2007, 12:31 AM
My main issue is that when the Chiefs beat the Chargers on Sunday, and the Donks get their helmets handed to them in Indy, do you think the Chiefs will be ranked above either in any poll?

And I do think the team is better. The personnel is there. We have 2 styles of play-calling:

1) Avoid turn-overs at all costs (done by running & passing w/in 2 yards of the line of scrimmage), even if it means 3-out on every drive
2) damn - we're down, mix it up --> which moves the ball. Every drive we have had that has gone anywhere has been mixing it up.

If we went with #2 all the time (mix it up, not being down), then we would have scored more points, maybe double what we have now. We would not have put the defense on the field any longer. And we would probably be at least 2-1.

I think the other 1-2 and 0-3 teams have been bringing their A-game every drive, and not succeeding. The Chiefs are keeping the A-game for the 2nd half.

This is why I think we are the top of the 1-2's.

Being a homer or a rose-colored view? I don't think so. I think it is looking beyond the stats....

Canada
09-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Since you think 26th is underrated, name 10 teams that are worse than us. Jokeand, Buffalo, Arizona, Miami, NY Jets, Cleveland, Denver, St. Louis, Giants, Carolina...should I go on?

Canada
09-28-2007, 09:47 AM

Sounds like you really know your football. Most kids i know in Grade 5 picked the same team. Good luck with that....I picked the Chiefs as I did last year, the year before that and I will every year until it happens.

DrunkHillbilly
09-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Sounds like you really know your football. Most kids i know in Grade 5 picked the same team. Good luck with that....I picked the Chiefs as I did last year, the year before that and I will every year until it happens.

Great pick for the last 38 years!!! No wonder you live in Canada! You must do well in football pools if you pick the Chiefs every week! Wake up dude! Not everyone is as knowledgeable about the game of football as you!!!! Ha Ha!! What a joke! Stick to the Argonauts or the Reign Fire and keep us updated on how they are doing!

I don't understand why people ( you in particular ) can't grasp the idea of cheering for your team and being critical of them at the same time!! I contribute to the salaries of these players every year so I believe it is my right to be critical. Do you also think the people in Green Bay should not be pissed when they have fielded a ****ty team for the last 5 or 6 years? They own the team!!

McLovin
09-28-2007, 11:46 AM
fan2
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
[Origin: 1885–90, Americanism; short for fanatic (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fanatic)http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/09/31.jpg]

or a Chiefs Fan (short for Fanatic) Being critical of a team is ok but when one has nothing good to say about a team I would tend to feel that this person is in fact not a fan. Maybe a fan of another team with some misplaced agression posing as a real fan. If your so called meaning of fan were the true meaning then the Cubs wouldnt have a single fan.
Nuff Said

GO CANADA -- I got yer back (even though you dont need it.

been trying to hold my tongue and have pulled in the reigns on several posts and even completely deleted some. But as hard as I could try cant stand by and let Canada go it alone on this one.

Let the flaming begin I am a man I can handle it as can Canada .. oooh and I AM a Chiefs fan 13-3 or 3-13 Go Chiefs

sling58
09-28-2007, 11:47 AM
fan2
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
[Origin: 1885–90, Americanism; short for fanatic (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fanatic)http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/09/31.jpg]

or a Chiefs Fan (short for Fanatic) Being critical of a team is ok but when one has nothing good to say about a team I would tend to feel that this person is in fact not a fan. Maybe a fan of another team with some misplaced agression posing as a real fan. If your so called meaning of fan were the true meaning then the Cubs wouldnt have a single fan.
Nuff Said

been trying to hold my tongue and have pulled in the reigns on several posts and even completely deleted some. But as hard as I could try cant stand by and let Canada go it alone on this one.

Let the flaming begin I am a man I can handle it as can Canada .. oooh and I AM a Chiefs fan 13-3 or 3-13 Go Chiefs

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will sit on the same sideline as you and Canada any day! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
09-28-2007, 12:09 PM
fan2

Nuff Said

Not sure what this means but if you want some....come get some!

Obviously you have not read all of my posts because I have said positive things about the Chiefs as hard as it may be. Have said they are not that far away and just need a few pieces to the puzzle. Have said Bowe may be the real deal. On and on and on!!!!

However, as much as you must feel like it is essential to say everything positive about the team and nothing negative, says to me that you must not be a real fan!!!!

While you settle to stay mired in the pool of mediocrity with the rest of the "fans" that refuse to note the lack of urgency this team has shown for the last umpteen years to make the decisions to balance this team on offense as well as defense and actually have a shot a winning in the playoffs, I choose to continue to cheer for my team while noting some of the wholes in our team. At the same time, try to voice a few opinions on what I think they need to to to achieve this goal.

Oh yea, and your little theory about the Cubs Fans......I'm sure they haven't had anything negative to say about the Cubs in the last 100 years!!!!! Your going to have to bring more than this one post wonder boy because I will eat you alive!!!:iamwithstupid:

chief31
09-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Oh yea, and your little theory about the Cubs Fans......I'm sure they haven't had anything negative to say about the Cubs in the last 100 years!!!!! :iamwithstupid:

As a Cubs fan and someone who knows a s***load of other Cub fans, I can tell you that yes...we get very salty about the organizations failures to address certain obvious defeiciencies with the team.

But that isn't every Cubs fan. As with any sports teams fans, some can stay positive, no matter how bleak the outlook, while others are less forgiving to the teams mistakes.

I, for one, am generally very critical of my team, but I also get salty when hearing others bash them. Not so much other fans of the same team, but T.V. analysts and other teams fans.

Living in central Illinois, there are large numbers of fans of, both, the Cubs and the hated St. Louis Cardinals. That rivalry strengthens the commitment that each partys fans have.

Yeah, the Cardinals won a world series last year...(Crap-assed team that that was.) But the Cubs owned the Cardinals in head-to-head play. Just something to use against Cardinal fans. Eventhough the Cubs sucked last season, we had to keep our chins up.

That is why, during the off-season, I am very negative about the Chiefs, while during the season, I tend to be alot more optimistic. I also tend to share my angst about my team, with other fans of my team. Because they usually share those concerns.

Some fans tend to be more optimistic than others, but each wants the team to do well, no matter what. Some are led by blind faith, while others see the team while considering that some things should have been done differently, therefore holding some animosity toward the team. Then, there are those who just want the team to better tommorrow and are willing to sacrifice a season, just to achieve that goal. They too tend to be highly critical of the team, in what appears to be a "rooting against them" way.

Either way, it is juvenile to suggest that a fan of your team is not a "real", or "true" fan. If that person is a regular, on a board like this, negative, or not, then odds are that they want us to win.

I saw that the definition of the word "fan" was posted, but where is the definition of a "true/real fan"?

I would suggest that there are different types of Chiefs fans. Each kind of fan being "real/true".

(This, from the teachings of chiefster, regarding "peace-keeper techniques.)

Canada
09-28-2007, 10:58 PM

Obviously you have not read all of my posts because I have said positive things about the Chiefs as hard as it may be. Have said they are not that far away and just need a few pieces to the puzzle. Have said Bowe may be the real deal. On and on and on!!!!

However, as much as you must feel like it is essential to say everything positive about the team and nothing negative, says to me that you must not be a real fan!!!!

While you settle to stay mired in the pool of mediocrity with the rest of the "fans" that refuse to note the lack of urgency this team has shown for the last umpteen years to make the decisions to balance this team on offense as well as defense and actually have a shot a winning in the playoffs, I choose to continue to cheer for my team while noting some of the wholes in our team. At the same time, try to voice a few opinions on what I think they need to to to achieve this goal.

Oh yea, and your little theory about the Cubs Fans......I'm sure they haven't had anything negative to say about the Cubs in the last 100 years!!!!! Your going to have to bring more than this one post wonder boy because I will eat you alive!!!:iamwithstupid:

I agree that you can say critical things about your team...as long as they are true. This all started cause some kid was spouting off at the mouth talkin about how we are gonna lose to the dolts cause we are playing in SD. The whole point of all of this is that there are a lot of people that talk a lot more sh*t about the team when we are losing. We choose to look at more of the negatives. I know there are problems....as does everyone else....i choolse to believe that booing or *****ing and complaining is not going to solve anything. The only thing that I control as a Chiefs fan is being the 12th man at Arrowhead and I make damn sure that when I get the pleasure of being there, people will remember that crazy ******* that was goin nuts all game. I just hate coming into a "fan site" and hearing about Herms play calling in 75% of the posts and only 25% about the outstanding defense we have on the field.

And remember....u were once a one post wonder in here too. :bananen_smilies046:

timsatt1
09-28-2007, 11:01 PM
I agree that you can say critical things about your team...as long as they are true. This all started cause some kid was spouting off at the mouth talkin about how we are gonna lose to the dolts cause we are playing in SD. The whole point of all of this is that there are a lot of people that talk a lot more sh*t about the team when we are losing. We choose to look at more of the negatives. I know there are problems....as does everyone else....i choolse to believe that booing or *****ing and complaining is not going to solve anything. The only thing that I control as a Chiefs fan is being the 12th man at Arrowhead and I make damn sure that when I get the pleasure of being there, people will remember that crazy ******* that was goin nuts all game. I just hate coming into a "fan site" and hearing about Herms play calling in 75% of the posts and only 25% about the outstanding defense we have on the field.

And remember....u were once a one post wonder in here too. :bananen_smilies046:

wrong. i told you why THE MEDIA is picking the DOLTS...not me. i pick chiefs. i said that the media picked SD because it is a home game for them, if it was the other way around and the game was at arrowhead, the media would pick the chiefs to win by 3. simple as that.

Canada
09-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Great pick for the last 38 years!!! No wonder you live in Canada! You must do well in football pools if you pick the Chiefs every week! Wake up dude! Not everyone is as knowledgeable about the game of football as you!!!! Ha Ha!! What a joke! Stick to the Argonauts or the Reign Fire and keep us updated on how they are doing!

I don't understand why people ( you in particular ) can't grasp the idea of cheering for your team and being critical of them at the same time!! I contribute to the salaries of these players every year so I believe it is my right to be critical. Do you also think the people in Green Bay should not be pissed when they have fielded a ****ty team for the last 5 or 6 years? They own the team!!

I just noticed this post. Didn't know you wanted to disrespect me like that. Don't you live in Arizona?? I am probably closer to Arrowhead than you and your local team in the Cardinals?? You live in desert. You are honestly the greatest Monday morning QB I have ever seen. It is almost like you spew out all the same regurgitated bull**** you hear on TV. You think if you start your posts by insulting people you will sound important...maybe big and tough....you sound like an ***. You don't like me cheering for my team....kiss my ***. I live way up in Canada....that is good. It's almost like you display your ignorance of the world around you and you are actually proud of it. It's funny to see people in a little bubble where they are the greatest. Wake up man....u r an idiot. :bananen_smilies046:

timsatt1
09-28-2007, 11:16 PM
I just noticed this post. Didn't know you wanted to disrespect me like that. Don't you live in Arizona?? I am probably closer to Arrowhead than you and your local team in the Cardinals?? You live in desert. You are honestly the greatest Monday morning QB I have ever seen. It is almost like you spew out all the same regurgitated bull**** you hear on TV. You think if you start your posts by insulting people you will sound important...maybe big and tough....you sound like an ***. You don't like me cheering for my team....kiss my ***. I live way up in Canada....that is good. It's almost like you display your ignorance of the world around you and you are actually proud of it. It's funny to see people in a little bubble where they are the greatest. Wake up man....u r an idiot. :bananen_smilies046:

man what is wrong with our board....us fans are at eachothers throats as much as the chiefs are at each other and their coach. and the dolts teammates as well.

HAHAHAH good stuff. if i were to make a power ranking today based on honesty, keeping my love byast for the chiefs out of it, i would put us right where we are. they probably just put the power rankings in order of who had the most 3 and outs....the one who had the most being last and teh one who had the least (probably colts or pats) at the front.

McLovin
09-28-2007, 11:34 PM
man what is wrong with our board....us fans are at eachothers throats as much as the chiefs are at each other and their coach. and the dolts teammates as well.

HAHAHAH good stuff. if i were to make a power ranking today based on honesty, keeping my love byast for the chiefs out of it, i would put us right where we are. they probably just put the power rankings in order of who had the most 3 and outs....the one who had the most being last and teh one who had the least (probably colts or pats) at the front.

I cant tell you what is wrong with out board. At least with being civilized. But I can tell you that what is wrong with it has nothing to do with Canada. Canada is a big part of what is right on this board, and a big part of why I am a member and why I feel the need to post. If people want to challenge me and call me a one post wonder that is fine. I will speak with my actions rather then retaliate. Again 13-3 or 3-13 Chiefs fan with glass half full. GO CHIEFS.

DrunkHillbilly
09-28-2007, 11:41 PM

Are you completely out of your mind or just stupid? Your comparison of me to a 5th grader is what lead to my post and being critical of you! I believe that's where the disrespect started!

I'm not exactly sure what your geograghical placement has to do with anything but anyway. Nobody said anything about you cheering for your team. On the contrary I believe!

Seriously though, if all your going to do is call me an *** or an idiot or a Monday morning QB, save it! I've got much more important people to listen to than some tool up in Canada that believes that when it comes to cheering for the Chiefs, it's either his way or no way! Well, I got news for ya bud, it doesn't work that way! I'm sorry my points of view don't meet your standards of football knowledge or that you disagree with everything I say but I am sure I have watched as much football or more than you in my day and have a fairly good idea of how the game is played. Please continue to feel free and disagree with all of my posts. It's good to have a little debate once in a while.

As for your comments about me, grow up a little! I can go that route as well but I'm a grown *** man. You need to learn to keep it under control tough guy!!

hermhater
09-28-2007, 11:41 PM

At the risk of sounding biased here I would say it is you. Not necessarily your point of view, but how you come across. You call others stupid for having differing views of the way the Chiefs are being handled, either by management, or their performance.

It kills me to say that I agree with much that you post, but you are such and a$$ about expressing your point of view.

I don't agree with any of your personal views about American society and am disgusted by the way you treat Canada.

You are a stereotype of the redneck American jerk that thinks the rest of the world doesn't matter and that they should be just like us.

I find diversity the defining characteristic of human nature. Acceptance of others differences brings about a broader point of view and defers ignorance and hate.

Stay on this board and share your point of view without being quite so critical of others.

YZILLA
09-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Go Chiefs !go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs!
Go Chiefs !go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs!

DrunkHillbilly
09-28-2007, 11:51 PM
As a Cubs fan and someone who knows a s***load of other Cub fans, I can tell you that yes...we get very salty about the organizations failures to address certain obvious defeiciencies with the team.

But that isn't every Cubs fan. As with any sports teams fans, some can stay positive, no matter how bleak the outlook, while others are less forgiving to the teams mistakes.

I, for one, am generally very critical of my team, but I also get salty when hearing others bash them. Not so much other fans of the same team, but T.V. analysts and other teams fans.

Living in central Illinois, there are large numbers of fans of, both, the Cubs and the hated St. Louis Cardinals. That rivalry strengthens the commitment that each partys fans have.

Yeah, the Cardinals won a world series last year...(Crap-assed team that that was.) But the Cubs owned the Cardinals in head-to-head play. Just something to use against Cardinal fans. Eventhough the Cubs sucked last season, we had to keep our chins up.

That is why, during the off-season, I am very negative about the Chiefs, while during the season, I tend to be alot more optimistic. I also tend to share my angst about my team, with other fans of my team. Because they usually share those concerns.

Some fans tend to be more optimistic than others, but each wants the team to do well, no matter what. Some are led by blind faith, while others see the team while considering that some things should have been done differently, therefore holding some animosity toward the team. Then, there are those who just want the team to better tommorrow and are willing to sacrifice a season, just to achieve that goal. They too tend to be highly critical of the team, in what appears to be a "rooting against them" way.

Either way, it is juvenile to suggest that a fan of your team is not a "real", or "true" fan. If that person is a regular, on a board like this, negative, or not, then odds are that they want us to win.

I saw that the definition of the word "fan" was posted, but where is the definition of a "true/real fan"?

I would suggest that there are different types of Chiefs fans. Each kind of fan being "real/true".

(This, from the teachings of chiefster, regarding "peace-keeper techniques.)

Your point about fans being able to be critical and not the media is what I have been trying to get across this whole time! As you said, we have some people on here that think the only way to be a "real fan" (whatever that means ) is to never say a bad word about them. I feel just the opposite! Fans should ***** and moan when thier team is in a 38 year funk!! Being sarcastic to a point but I think you get my drift. I love the ole 10 win seasons. It just seems we have gone backwards in the last several years. One year we are winning 13 games and the next year, we do nothing to help get us over the hump! I continue to cheer my *** off every Sunday, don't get me wrong! Very sore throat on Monday mornings and my dogs ears hurt but I also feel I have the right to voice whatever opinion I have and say what I think the team needs to do. I think that is what everybody does....isn't it? Very good post by the way!

stlchief
09-28-2007, 11:56 PM
What jackass started this thread??? We should kick him off the board. Anyone who wants to post something so controversial that would bring chiefs fans to blows is...

what?

I started it?

Um, as I was saying:
Let's all focus on the positive. Die hard Chiefs fanatacism.

I am the first in line to be labled a "homer", because believe or not - I still see 10-6 as a remote possiblility. A 9-7 record with the AFC West title a probability.

Why? numbers don't tell the story. Everyone on this board, even the ones that say the Chiefs have big problems, will probably be agree, every game this year can be divided into 2 parts: 1) run-run-safe pass-punt, and 2) well-balanced offense. When we are in mode 2, guess what? WE MOVE THE BALL & PUT UP POINTS. Mode 1 --> season over.

This is why I personally think the power rankings should have us higher. Because if we come balanced, the offense is better than where it is ranked now.

Problems? sure. better than 25th - damn straight.

chief31
09-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Your point about fans being able to be critical and not the media is what I have been trying to get across this whole time! As you said, we have some people on here that think the only way to be a "real fan" (whatever that means ) is to never say a bad word about them. I feel just the opposite! Fans should ***** and moan when thier team is in a 38 year funk!! Being sarcastic to a point but I think you get my drift. I love the ole 10 win seasons. It just seems we have gone backwards in the last several years. One year we are winning 13 games and the next year, we do nothing to help get us over the hump! I continue to cheer my *** off every Sunday, don't get me wrong! Very sore throat on Monday mornings and my dogs ears hurt but I also feel I have the right to voice whatever opinion I have and say what I think the team needs to do. I think that is what everybody does....isn't it? Very good post by the way!

I agree. (I have to take a shower, as soon as this post is concluded.) I not only think that is o.k. to criticize your own team, but I think that it is a good thing. When the fans, as a group, speak, the team can hear it. Idf they speak too nicely, then that is what the team will wind-up hearing.

If one person notices something that the team is doing wrong and shares that opinion with others, they may see the same thing and the word will spread. When there are enough fans complaining about the same thing, the press will hear it and eventually, the team will. Maybe the team will do something about it, if they are hearing it enough.

Or, at least I hope so.

McLovin
09-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Thats the way to get a thread back in the right direction. And as to the original poster: what kind of person.. actually great thread just got off course.
GO CHIEFS ...

What jackass started this thread??? We should kick him off the board. Anyone who wants to post something so controversial that would bring chiefs fans to blows is...

what?

I started it?

Um, as I was saying:

I am the first in line to be labled a "homer", because believe or not - I still see 10-6 as a remote possiblility. A 9-7 record with the AFC West title a probability.

Why? numbers don't tell the story. Everyone on this board, even the ones that say the Chiefs have big problems, will probably be agree, every game this year can be divided into 2 parts: 1) run-run-safe pass-punt, and 2) well-balanced offense. When we are in mode 2, guess what? WE MOVE THE BALL & PUT UP POINTS. Mode 1 --> season over.

This is why I personally think the power rankings should have us higher. Because if we come balanced, the offense is better than where it is ranked now.

tperkins73
09-29-2007, 12:05 AM
The Broncos and Chargers are what give me hope....:drunkhb:

hermhater
09-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Well I am picking sides in this battle of fans.

I pick the Chiefs!

stlchief
09-29-2007, 12:07 AM
The Broncos and Chargers are what give me hope....:drunkhb:
AMEN & WELCOME! but don't forget the Broncs are gonna challenge the Chargers for AFC supremecy this year. We have to hear that until the each lose 6 or 7 games...

tperkins73
09-29-2007, 12:10 AM
AMEN & WELCOME! but don't forget the Broncs are gonna challenge the Chargers for AFC supremecy this year. We have to hear that until the each lose 6 or 7 games...

:sign0153: <--------- Mark Schlerith (close)

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 12:21 AM
I agree. (I have to take a shower, as soon as this post is concluded.) I not only think that is o.k. to criticize your own team, but I think that it is a good thing. When the fans, as a group, speak, the team can hear it. Idf they speak too nicely, then that is what the team will wind-up hearing.

If one person notices something that the team is doing wrong and shares that opinion with others, they may see the same thing and the word will spread. When there are enough fans complaining about the same thing, the press will hear it and eventually, the team will. Maybe the team will do something about it, if they are hearing it enough.

Or, at least I hope so.

Make sure Canada and his cronies don't see that you actually agree with me on something. They will put you on the ignore list!
Anyway, I couldn't agree more! All this agreeing is making me ill, you got anything you want to argue about?

chief31
09-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Make sure Canada and his cronies don't see that you actually agree with me on something. They will put you on the ignore list!
Anyway, I couldn't agree more! All this agreeing is making me ill, you got anything you want to argue about?

I can't think of anything right now, but I am sure we'll find something soon enough.

stlchief
09-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Make sure Canada and his cronies don't see that you actually agree with me on something.

Isn't this a little bit "lord of the flies"ish?

hermhater
09-29-2007, 12:30 AM
DrunkHillbilly your sig is killing me!

There's nothing wrong with trying to get a rise out of someone.

I just don't like it when ANYONE uses personal insults to do it.

Express yourself and debate without prejudice!

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 12:38 AM
DrunkHillbilly your sig is killing me!

There's nothing wrong with trying to get a rise out of someone.

I just don't like it when ANYONE uses personal insults to do it.

Express yourself and debate without prejudice!

Uhhh I think I do until I am berated. Then the gloves are off! I don't even know this guy prejudice but if he will help get these people off my *** then I would like to meet him!!!:lol:

hermhater
09-29-2007, 12:39 AM
Uhhh I think I do until I am berated. Then the gloves are off! I don't even know this guy prejudice but if he will help get these people off my *** then I would like to meet him!!!:lol:

Notice the emphasis on ANYONE... wasn't talking about anyone in particular, guy! :D

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Notice the emphasis on ANYONE... wasn't talking about anyone in particular, guy! :D

I know.:bananen_smilies046:Guy!!!! LOL!

McLovin
09-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Wow im one of Canadas Cronies and I didnt even prepare a speech. First I would like to think my mom. Without her I wouldnt be here. And I need to think the staff at that little bar in Blue Springs, if it wasnt for them I wouldnt have wondered why so many people were so invested in a team, and then became a Chiefs fan after researching it. Im sure I missed people but I will try harder in the future to mention all of those who have helped me along the way. Again Thanks. Ohhh and BTW hillbilly I now know how to put ppl on ignore and your still not on it, I have so far given you the benefit of the doubt and trying to better understand your viewpoints. So why exactly would I put Chiefs31, (someone who I watch for the insight in posts, and enjoy talking to) on ignore for understanding your viewpoint ... exactly what I'm trying to do. BTW you were made an example in my ignoring users post because through the day today I have been upset by the posts you have posted. But the ignore idea was somewhat more general as I thought it might be a good tool for the board, thought maybe you could ignore me as I am too agreeable. Just trying to be a good contributor to the board, saw something I felt could be of use, didn't know it existed so I brought it up. And above all I have a unique opinion ... it is my own.

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Wow im one of Canadas Cronies and I didnt even prepare a speech. First I would like to think my mom. Without her I wouldnt be here. And I need to think the staff at that little bar in Blue Springs, if it wasnt for them I wouldnt have wondered why so many people were so invested in a team, and then became a Chiefs fan after researching it. Im sure I missed people but I will try harder in the future to mention all of those who have helped me along the way. Again Thanks. Ohhh and BTW hillbilly I now know how to put ppl on ignore and your still not on it, I have so far given you the benefit of the doubt and trying to better understand your viewpoints. So why exactly would I put Chiefs31, (someone who I watch for the insight in posts, and enjoy talking to) on ignore for understanding your viewpoint ... exactly what I'm trying to do. BTW you were made an example in my ignoring users post because through the day today I have been upset by the posts you have posted. But the ignore idea was somewhat more general as I thought it might be a good tool for the board, thought maybe you could ignore me as I am too agreeable. Just trying to be a good contributor to the board, saw something I felt could be of use, didn't know it existed so I brought it up. And above all I have a unique opinion ... it is my own.

Great what a concept.....your own opinion!!!! Finally we agree on something!!

hermhater
09-29-2007, 12:57 AM

Did you get your $100 Arrowcash for the idea submission?

(Now that is what I call a true post whore. Did it for the Arrowcash!)

:toast2::sign0098::lol:

hermhater
09-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Great what a concept.....your own opinion!!!! Finally we agree on something!!

Hey man put a lol smiley or something after that or he will think your just being an a$$... ooohh wait... i see...

:lol::sign0103:

McLovin
09-29-2007, 01:00 AM
You read me like a book. I dont know if I got the Arrowcash but I hope so. Since it is already available does that mean I wont get the 1000. Man gonna have to come up with something else now. Or I could just put on something seductive, and hit the corner of Independence Ave and Cypress and Post Whore in the pros.

Did you get your $100 Arrowcash for the idea submission?

(Now that is what I call a true post whore. Did it for the Arrowcash!)

:toast2::sign0098::lol:

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Hey man put a lol smiley or something after that or he will think your just being an a$$... ooohh wait... i see...

:lol::sign0103:

What's new!!!!:yahoo: I need to find a "frownie" not a smilie!

Oh well, good night Canada!!! Man, was that Kornheiser?????

hermhater
09-29-2007, 01:22 AM
What's new!!!!:yahoo: I need to find a "frownie" not a smilie!

Oh well, good night Canada!!! Man, was that Kornheiser?????

Very good one dude!

:lol::lol::lol:

sling58
09-29-2007, 07:57 AM

what?

I started it?

Um, as I was saying:

GO CHIEFS. I do however have something to say.....I hate everyone always talkin s**t about our team. Yes we have problems (that can be fixed) but we do not suck. My opinion is my opinion and if it does not coincide with yours then that's okay cause I am a CHIEFS FAN and if I want to say my team is the best in the entire world I can do that. I think it's crap that the n00bs that come on here go after the main contributors of this site right away. What are you trying to do, make a name for yourself? I have an idea lets all adopt a name for ourselves, ummmm what can it be......it's coming to me......oh yeah.....CHIEFS FANS!!!!!!!!!!! Lets talk about our team and why we are fans instead of going at eachother. We should be ripping the throats out of DONKS, FADERS, and EGGO fans not each other. And about this post, if you don't like it that's your opinion and you can have it but if anyone calls be a Homer for being a fan then f**k off! IMO!

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Yea!!

Canada
09-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Are you semi retraded?? Do you just make sh*t up so that you can continue to argue and think you are right and then make whitty comments at the end like I will eat you alive. All I said is that it would be nice if the positive comments on this site outweighed the negative ones. I know that is a lot of math for a simple man like yourself and if you can't figure it out I am sure I will hear another of your brilliant comments

Canada
09-29-2007, 09:44 AM

Are you 14?? Ignore list....we can't be friends cause hillbilly likes him. God you are an idiot

Canada
09-29-2007, 09:48 AM
I read them and try to piss you off because your skin is thin!!!!!! Don't flatter yourself!

Slow down there tough guy. Remember, I can't see your face to see your expression or hear your voice to know your tone. I was simply making a statement. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Week 8? It could change tomorrow with an injury! I just said they were my pick. And I Hate the Patriots!

Are you completely out of your mind or just stupid? Your comparison of me to a 5th grader is what lead to my post and being critical of you! I believe that's where the disrespect started!

I'm not exactly sure what your geograghical placement has to do with anything but anyway. Nobody said anything about you cheering for your team. On the contrary I believe!

Seriously though, if all your going to do is call me an *** or an idiot or a Monday morning QB, save it! I've got much more important people to listen to than some tool up in Canada that believes that when it comes to cheering for the Chiefs, it's either his way or no way! Well, I got news for ya bud, it doesn't work that way! I'm sorry my points of view don't meet your standards of football knowledge or that you disagree with everything I say but I am sure I have watched as much football or more than you in my day and have a fairly good idea of how the game is played. Please continue to feel free and disagree with all of my posts. It's good to have a little debate once in a while.

As for your comments about me, grow up a little! I can go that route as well but I'm a grown *** man. You need to learn to keep it under control tough guy!!

Yeah....u never get personal

Canada
09-29-2007, 09:50 AM
oh yeah...and please stop talkin all that **** about I'm a grown *** man and bring it on tough guy. You sound like a moron. I try so hard to like you and you make it so difficult. Just stop acting like an *** for a minute or someone might take you up on one of your offers.

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Are you semi retraded?? Do you just make sh*t up so that you can continue to argue and think you are right and then make whitty comments at the end like I will eat you alive. All I said is that it would be nice if the positive comments on this site outweighed the negative ones. I know that is a lot of math for a simple man like yourself and if you can't figure it out I am sure I will hear another of your brilliant comments

This is funny. I am the dunb one here!!!!

What does retraded mean?

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 02:02 PM
oh yeah...and please stop talkin all that **** about I'm a grown *** man and bring it on tough guy. You sound like a moron. I try so hard to like you and you make it so difficult. Just stop acting like an *** for a minute or someone might take you up on one of your offers.

Hopefully you!

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah....u never get personal

Why don't you post what these posts are replying too?

chief31
09-29-2007, 02:05 PM
This is funny. I am the dunb one here!!!!

What does retraded mean?

I think that it is an antonym for the word "Dunb". :lol: (Might want to check your spelling, when addressing that of others.) :D

sling58
09-29-2007, 02:07 PM
I think that it is an antonym for the word "Dunb". :lol: (Might want to check your spelling, when addressing that of others.) :D

That's funny! I don't care who you are! (Larry)

m0ebr0
09-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Let the media talk crap on the Chiefs. We know what the Chiefs are capable of. D is ranked 4th O is improving. We have problems yes but what team doesnt have problems?

This is a palce where we come to talk about the Chiefs not trash one another. Yes we may disagree on somethings but we can all agree on the Chiefs winning. Thats what matters. Lets be loyal to our team and enjoy the Chiefs together as fans.

sling58
09-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Let the media talk crap on the Chiefs. We know what the Chiefs are capable of. D is ranked 4th O is improving. We have problems yes but what team doesnt have problems?

This is a palce where we come to talk about the Chiefs not trash one another. Yes we may disagree on somethings but we can all agree on the Chiefs winning. Thats what matters. Lets be loyal to our team and enjoy the Chiefs together as fans.

Aaannndddd Scene......spoken like a true Chiefs fan!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
09-29-2007, 02:17 PM

Good one!!!:D

Canada
09-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Hopefully you!

If u feel u must, I won't disappoint you :funnypost:

hermhater
09-29-2007, 04:33 PM

Doesn't seem like the Dolts are having many problems right now!

:lol::mob::beer:

chief31
09-29-2007, 05:27 PM

Until tommorrow!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

hermhater
09-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Until tommorrow!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Mean the Colts! Not the Bolts!

Chargers WILL have BIG problems tomorrow!

sling58
09-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hermhater
09-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said it sling GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!

sling58
09-29-2007, 05:52 PM
You said it sling GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!GO CHIEFS!

Yeah but you added just enough to make it come out the way I intended it too. Thanks!

:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Obligatory GO CHIEFS!!!!!

sling58
09-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Obligatory GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Way to finally contribute to this site Chiefster. ha ha

:lol: :lol: