PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald is not coming to KC

figcrostic
12-23-2010, 12:41 AM
I just don't see it happening he cost too much and the Chiefs are cheap (unless your last name is Cassel or Berry), and I don't see the Cards giving him up. Pioli is gonna draft a WR probably in the third or below knowing him. I would love to have the guy I think he is phenomenal but I don't see it happening.

AussieChiefsFan
12-23-2010, 03:49 AM
I just don't see it happening he cost too much and the Chiefs are cheap (unless your last name is Cassel or Berry), and I don't see the Cards giving him up. Pioli is gonna draft a WR probably in the third or below knowing him. I would love to have the guy I think he is phenomenal but I don't see it happening.
I wouldn't word it like that.

chiefnut
12-23-2010, 07:37 AM

one thing the Hunt family is NOT is cheap!

Fitz won't be a commin here cause he no wanna come. The Chiefs are a"runnin" team while he be a pass catchin machine. i am sure his teams of choice would be pats and bolts.

okikcfan
12-23-2010, 07:57 AM
You need a good passing game just as much as you need a good running game otherwise your just one sided. Tho I would not expect him to be a Chief next year, I would not count it out either. Lamar is gone and things have changed for the better. I wish he could have been here to have seen this season.

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 08:47 AM
one thing the Hunt family is NOT is cheap!

Fitz won't be a commin here cause he no wanna come. The Chiefs are a"runnin" team while he be a pass catchin machine. i am sure his teams of choice would be pats and bolts.
Fitz already said that he would love to play for Haley and was saying that he would run through a wall for him and he was saying that Haley was the reason why he is so successful in the NFL. If we had Fitz he would help our run game a lot and Jamaal would help Fitz get his share of catches and TD's because Fitz would benefit a lot from the play action

Drunker Hillbilly
12-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Fitz already said that he would love to play for Haley and was saying that he would run through a wall for him and he was saying that Haley was the reason why he is so successful in the NFL. If we had Fitz he would help our run game a lot and Jamaal would help Fitz get his share of catches and TD's because Fitz would benefit a lot from the play action
I'd like to see this quote.....

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Ill get it for you but Fitz was saying that all week during the Chiefs vs Cardinals game. I can't believe you didnt hear about it.

nigeriannightmare
12-23-2010, 09:07 AM

Arizona no running game, pats no running game, bolts no running game...scott pioli got randy moss for a fourth rounder not saying that cardinals are that dumb just saying pioli is that good.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Ill get it for you but Fitz was saying that all week during the Chiefs vs Cardinals game. I can't believe you didnt hear about it.
I live in Az and watch every Cardinal game as well as hear most quotes and interviews with Cardinal players. I think what I heard was that basically he liked playing for Haley while he was with the Cardinals. I don't recall hearing him say anything about Haley being the reason he was successful.

I think there is about a 1% chance of Fitz coming to the Chiefs. The Cardinals will do everything in their power to keep him and in the event that he does leave after next year, there will be soooo many other teams that will throw bags of money at him that I don't believe the Chiefs will be able to compete in that department. While this guy loves the game of football, he IS about the money. He flaunts what he has here around town. I attend quite a few events that he attends and he very rarely shows up in something less than a Lambo or Bentley. He is a great guy and humble on the surface but don't be fooled, he likes the expensive toys. I can't blame him that's for sure!!

70 chiefsfan70
12-23-2010, 09:15 AM
I don't see us needing him bad enough to give what it takes to sign him. I believe in our drafts better then I have ever, and trust they can and will do as good this year as the last draft. I would really hate to see them use a first or second on a wide receiver, hoping those go for NT and a good pressure LB or OL.

Our coaching team will come out of this draft shining and a steal of a WR will be a part, JMO

No need to give a first, a second and a fifth for a WR when we have the greatest draft machine.

Canada
12-23-2010, 10:24 AM

then shouldnt the thread title be "I dont think Fitz is coming to KC"

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 12:34 PM
I live in Az and watch every Cardinal game as well as hear most quotes and interviews with Cardinal players. I think what I heard was that basically he liked playing for Haley while he was with the Cardinals. I don't recall hearing him say anything about Haley being the reason he was successful.

I think there is about a 1% chance of Fitz coming to the Chiefs. The Cardinals will do everything in their power to keep him and in the event that he does leave after next year, there will be soooo many other teams that will throw bags of money at him that I don't believe the Chiefs will be able to compete in that department. While this guy loves the game of football, he IS about the money. He flaunts what he has here around town. I attend quite a few events that he attends and he very rarely shows up in something less than a Lambo or Bentley. He is a great guy and humble on the surface but don't be fooled, he likes the expensive toys. I can't blame him that's for sure!!
Did you watch the Cardinals Chiefs game? Even the TV announcers said it during the game.

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Larry Fitzgerald may not be long for Arizona | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/21/larry-fitzgerald-may-not-be-long-for-arizona/)

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 01:11 PM
The One Trick Pony (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/The-One-Trick-Pony/1b1ac161-b309-4fe7-9cc2-6e3e6a38df65)
Here is the one I was looking for

Canada
12-23-2010, 01:24 PM
YEAH Ya Hillbilly!!

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 01:26 PM
YEAH Ya Hillbilly!!
:lol:

matthewschiefs
12-23-2010, 01:30 PM
I would love to see him in KC but I also don't see it happening.

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Well....If a player that good would really like to play for Haley then I'd surely like to see him in KC. That said, as well as we have done this year, I also think we could use some help on the O-line and our D could use some help too.

Our D is young (for the most part) and they have played way above expectations this year....helped a good bit by a fairly easy schedule.

We're getting to be a pretty decent team, but I think we need a little extra before we start making Superbowl reservations.

Do we try to draft that kind of talent over the next 2 years and go for "dynasty" or do we try to trade for a couple of stars and go for a Superbowl by January 2013? I dunno.

But I sure wouldn't mind if the Chiefs made a play for Fitzgerald....even if he came with a big price tag.

But I'll trust Haley and Pioli. I think they have done a real good job so far.

SIC J
12-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Arizona no running game, pats no running game, bolts no running game...scott pioli got randy moss for a fourth rounder not saying that cardinals are that dumb just saying pioli is that good.

Pats are 15th in the run. I wouldn't say they have no run game being that they average 112 yards a game.

As far as the Chargers, the top 4 games where Rivers passed for the most yards this season, the Chargers have LOST.

SIC J
12-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I think Fitz wants to win a Super Bowl. He already made the money. Now his goal is to get the ring.

marloweopatchiefs
12-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Right, and you also said matt cassel wasn't good and we should give brodie a chance. i don't think you know what your talking about.

SIC J
12-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Right, and you also said matt cassel wasn't good and we should give brodie a chance. i don't think you know what your talking about.

Who is this directed to?

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I think Fitz wants to win a Super Bowl. He already made the money. Now his goal is to get the ring.
And he thinks that Haley is the guy that can take him to the Super Bowl.

SIC J
12-23-2010, 03:59 PM
And he thinks that Haley is the guy that can take him to the Super Bowl.

Thats what I was saying.

Hayvern
12-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Whether Fitzgerald comes to Kansas City or not is a matter of whether Haley and Pioli think that adding him will be the difference in getting us to a Super Bowl. If they deem that he would be a good choice and could get us there, then they will go after him.

It also comes down to whether they think they are truly going to be competitive or not.

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Whether Fitzgerald comes to Kansas City or not is a matter of whether Haley and Pioli think that adding him will be the difference in getting us to a Super Bowl. If they deem that he would be a good choice and could get us there, then they will go after him.

It also comes down to whether they think they are truly going to be competitive or not.
IMO you can't go wrong no matter how you look at it if you pick up Larry Fitzgerald

Drunker Hillbilly
12-23-2010, 05:42 PM
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ari/arizona-cardinals) wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5528) is just 14 yards shy of his fifth career 1,000-yard receiving season, quite an accomplishment considering the Cardinals are next to last in the NFL in passing offense.
It's little solace for a player with one more year on his contract, the face of a franchise that the Cardinals dearly want to keep.
"I want to stay here. I enjoy playing for coach [Ken] Whisenhunt. I enjoy working for the Bidwills," Fitzgerald said in an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday. "They've always treated me good since I first got here. This is all I know. I can't ever say that I want to go anywhere else."

This is a quote from yesterday (Dec 22nd) that he gave to ESPN and the Associated Press.

wilqb16
12-23-2010, 07:24 PM
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ari/arizona-cardinals) wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5528) is just 14 yards shy of his fifth career 1,000-yard receiving season, quite an accomplishment considering the Cardinals are next to last in the NFL in passing offense.
It's little solace for a player with one more year on his contract, the face of a franchise that the Cardinals dearly want to keep.
"I want to stay here. I enjoy playing for coach [Ken] Whisenhunt. I enjoy working for the Bidwills," Fitzgerald said in an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday. "They've always treated me good since I first got here. This is all I know. I can't ever say that I want to go anywhere else."

This is a quote from yesterday (Dec 22nd) that he gave to ESPN and the Associated Press.

A class player saying the right things. I disagree whole heartedly with this thread. I bet that the Chiefs find a way to get Fitzgerald here in 2011...it just makes too much sense. It is an obvious area of need, Fitzgerald is in the last year of his contract (so we would need to get a deal in place before the trade) and he is a Haley guy...

Canada
12-23-2010, 09:37 PM
YEAH ya DrunkHillbilly!!

honda522
12-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Did you really need to start a new thread?

I'll laugh when we pay out to get Fitz just cause you said this.

KristofLaw
12-23-2010, 11:24 PM
We'll see.

I say we are in the upper 10% of the teams in the league with a shot to get him. Arizona is on the down-slide (even though they remain in the NFC West hunt as we speak :D), if he sticks with them it says a lot of his character which seems to be good but also would be kind of stupid.

Chiefsfanforlife
12-23-2010, 11:43 PM
it can happen because Haley used to love Fitzgerald and not like cardinals ever going to get future QB next 2, 3 years

figcrostic
12-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Did you really need to start a new thread?

I'll laugh when we pay out to get Fitz just cause you said this.

I would lmao as well and would be very happy. That said the Cards aren't going to let him go, and Pioli is not going to drop 10 million a year plus for fitz.

Canada
12-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I would lmao as well and would be very happy. That said the Cards aren't going to let him go, and Pioli is not going to drop 10 million a year plus for fitz.

And you know this how? Stating an opinion is fine, but you pass this off as fact. Is there something you know or are you just assuming?

nigeriannightmare
12-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Pats are 15th in the run. I wouldn't say they have no run game being that they average 112 yards a game.

As far as the Chargers, the top 4 games where Rivers passed for the most yards this season, the Chargers have LOST.

Not sure you got what I was saying, we are the number one rushing offense you add fitzgerald to bowe I would think the sky is the limit. More upside here than most other teams.

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I'd be as excited as anyone to see Fitz come to the Chiefs, but I'd still like to see another playmaker on our O-line, D-line and maybe in the secondary.

SIC J
12-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Not sure you got what I was saying, we are the number one rushing offense you add fitzgerald to bowe I would think the sky is the limit. More upside here than most other teams.

Ah I was saying the same thing. Misunderstanding.

Cassel is playing great but most teams in the NFL still don't respect the Chiefs passing game. Adding Fitz would instantly make teams have to back off the Chiefs run game and wouldn't be able to stack the box anymore. Chiefs could pass and/or run whenever they wanted.

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2010, 03:15 PM
So true! Though over the years I have seen many teams with mind blowing offenses fold early in the playoffs because they just couldn't stop the other team's offense. And I am still not sold that we have a Superbowl caliber O-line or defense.

Thank heavens I'm not the guy that has to decide how the Chiefs will spend their money and draft choices!

SIC J
12-24-2010, 03:23 PM
So true! Though over the years I have seen many teams with mind blowing offenses fold early in the playoffs because they just couldn't stop the other team's offense. And I am still not sold that we have a Superbowl caliber O-line or defense.

Thank heavens I'm not the guy that has to decide how the Chiefs will spend their money and draft choices!

I agree. Another off-season of getting a couple more solid players and next year the Chiefs should be a contender.

ctchiefsfan
12-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I honestly think we will make the playoffs this year and as we all know, once you get there anything can happen. But I think we all know we've been helped by our schedule.

But more exciting is that I think we are poised to become a real NFL powerhouse. And not a contender cobbled together with aging veterans. We may just have the management team that can make us the team of the coming decade.

Bye Bye Pats!!!!! CHIEFS are coming to town!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs: GO CHIEFS!!!!

Chiefsfanforlife
12-27-2010, 04:48 PM
CHIEFS to the SUPER BOWL

ctchiefsfan
12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not counting on it, but stranger things have happened. Meantime, I'm drinking brandy and beer and basking in the glow of a truly amazing season! :chiefs::chiefs::chiefs: GO CHIEFS!!!