PDA

View Full Version : Possible blackout and no sell outs

Sick Dog
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
What the heck is going on with the fans of the Chiefs in the local area. They are 9-5 first in AFC West and not selling out. Come on already I would kill to get to a game but problem being in another country.

The 12th man is important people show your appreciation and support here:whipping1:

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 12:29 PM
What the heck is going on with the fans of the Chiefs in the local area. They are 9-5 first in AFC West and not selling out. Come on already I would kill to get to a game but problem being in another country.

The 12th man is important people show your appreciation and support here:whipping1:
Canada has no problem getting to arrowhead :sFl_canada2: :lol:

Ryfo18
12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
This is bull****...I would love to live in KC and would without a doubt go to every game.

Seek
12-23-2010, 12:58 PM

I don't know. I mean why would anyone put their family and their religion before the Chiefs. I mean Chiefs before Christmas all the time.

That being said, I will be there.

Canada
12-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Canada has no problem getting to arrowhead :sFl_canada2: :lol:

Sick dog lives down the road from me!! :lol:

I don't know. I mean why would anyone put their family and their religion before the Chiefs. I mean Chiefs before Christmas all the time.

That being said, I will be there.

Whats so religious about boxing day?:beer:

Hayvern
12-23-2010, 03:57 PM
I have never been lucky enough to live in either city of my two favorite sports teams. When the Cardinals come to LA, I try to at least get to one game at Dodger's stadium to watch them.

Since LA has no football team, it is much harder to get to a KC Chiefs game from where I live. If I lived within 40 miles of the stadium though, I would be there on Sunday.

Seek
12-23-2010, 04:17 PM

Whats so religious about boxing day?:beer:

I don't know. I quit going to Church after the Catholic schools taught it out out of me, but I seem to remember something about keeping the Sabath Day Holy. It is also a day that people will travel or host their Christmas celebration. Specially if a family is divorced, in which you have to take your kids to two different Days of Christmas just on the in-law side as well as fit in the other side of the family, just so the spoiled little brats can get their presents from all grandparents.

Some Families also expect Christmas to be a top priority over the Chiefs. Fortunately for some, They tell those types of families to stick it the day the Chiefs schedule is set.

I mean you can't look at the last 8 home games with no threat of a black and then look at this game where the game really matters and think it is the fans not wanting to go.

Christmas and travel is clearly the issue with attendance this game.

But like I SAID. I will be going.

honda522
12-23-2010, 04:25 PM
I wonder if its just an attempt to sell more tickets...I have a hard time believing they aren't even close to selling out. My dad might take me. It sounds crazy but I almost don't wanna go...By the time I get home from work being in the cold all morning and then sitting in the cold all day is going to suck.

Hayvern
12-23-2010, 04:30 PM
I wonder if its just an attempt to sell more tickets...I have a hard time believing they aren't even close to selling out. My dad might take me. It sounds crazy but I almost don't wanna go...By the time I get home from work being in the cold all morning and then sitting in the cold all day is going to suck.

I am not sure I could ever say that anything involving a Chiefs game could be used in the same sentence as "is going to suck" unless that sentence is about the Chief's losing the game.

About the only time a Chiefs game would ever suck for me is if I was sitting in the freezing rain and cold and the Chief's lost to the Raiders. That would suck!

4everchiefsfan25
12-23-2010, 05:11 PM
If you drink enough beer and booze that will keep you warm so drink up :toast2:

AkChief49
12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
:mancard: wear some long handle underwear!!!!!

wilqb16
12-23-2010, 07:20 PM
I actually read something and have heard talk that attendance is a league wide problem. In this age of NFL Sunday ticket and everyone having 60" HD TV's, more and more people are opting to stay at home and watch the games as opposed to going....factor in the high price of tickets and attendance is dropping around the league.

Don't worry about the NFL, though, it isn't hurting revenues as they continue to make tons of money off of merchandising and their TV deals...not to mention NFL network, etc.

I think we are moving to a more digital age, where going to the games is sadly becoming sort of passe.

Of course, I can't go but I just figured out I am probably about 75 minutes from Hayvern!

kcvet
12-23-2010, 07:41 PM
local CBS station here in KC reports no blackout

wilqb16
12-23-2010, 07:43 PM
local CBS station here in KC reports no blackout

That is ironic...

kcvet
12-23-2010, 07:47 PM
I just posted it with a link

BoltWalt
12-26-2010, 11:04 AM
I actually read something and have heard talk that attendance is a league wide problem. In this age of NFL Sunday ticket and everyone having 60" HD TV's, more and more people are opting to stay at home and watch the games as opposed to going....factor in the high price of tickets and attendance is dropping around the league.

Don't worry about the NFL, though, it isn't hurting revenues as they continue to make tons of money off of merchandising and their TV deals...not to mention NFL network, etc.

I think we are moving to a more digital age, where going to the games is sadly becoming sort of passe.

Of course, I can't go but I just figured out I am probably about 75 minutes from Hayvern!
This is why all fans should be pressuring the networks to do away with home market TV blackouts in the next TV contracts. The blackouts where a necessity when the bulk of a teams revenues were derived from ticket sales.

BoltWalt
12-26-2010, 11:10 AM
:mancard: wear some long handle underwear!!!!!
What are long handle underwear? Is it some weird mid-west thing?

Canada
12-26-2010, 12:12 PM

He's from Alaska.

buffman316
12-26-2010, 06:35 PM
When I was selling season tickets, the majority of people said they are not going back until they are better. Well, we are clearly better, and in first place so where you at?

Seek
12-26-2010, 09:35 PM
When I was selling season tickets, the majority of people said they are not going back until they are better. Well, we are clearly better, and in first place so where you at?

I was there.

rook3207
12-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah, i was really surprised to see that a good portion of the second and upper deck were empty. I really hate seeing all that yellow in the second deck. It kinda makes it hard to sell the fact that arrowhead is the loudest and toughest place to play and has the best and most loyal fans in the nfl. But in all due respect, i was not their, it was not a division foe, and it was Christmas weekend. I just hope that the place is rockin next sunday when we kick the s--t out of the raiders.

AkChief49
12-27-2010, 12:09 AM
Ok, Long-Johns then?

Sick Dog
12-27-2010, 12:30 PM
I know the stadium will be loaded for the playoff game or least I hope it will it needs to be ear popping loud...:chiefs:

Seek
12-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I am telling you all. The lack of seats this Sunday was 95% related to Christmas. I know many people who had tickets that could not go because of travel. I also burned two tickets because my entire family except me, my father and youngest son caught some flu bug Saturday night/Sunday morning.

For only having 60K there, it was still hostile. I know the play off tickets are going like hot cakes. I have many people asking me if I can get some or how to get them.

The play off game will be electric.

4everchiefsfan25
12-27-2010, 12:50 PM
I know the stadium will be loaded for the playoff game or least I hope it will it needs to be ear popping loud...:chiefs:
There is a long line that has been getting longer since 8:00 this morning so it will def. be back to form in Arrowhead

Canada
12-28-2010, 09:49 AM

Im driving down from Canada for the 3rd time this season.

kcvet
12-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Im driving down from Canada for the 3rd time this season.

you may need chains with all the snow

Canada
12-28-2010, 09:56 AM
you may need chains with all the snowIm used to driving in that sh!t. I do it 4 months a year!! :sFl_canada2:

kcvet
12-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Im used to driving in that sh!t. I do it 4 months a year!! :sFl_canada2:

you could fly but you'll have to strip butt naked for security and get felt up. HE

Canada
12-28-2010, 10:07 AM
you could fly but you'll have to strip butt naked for security and get felt up. HE
well...if shes cute

kcvet
12-28-2010, 10:10 AM
well...if shes cute

or he??? :lol:

how long does it take you to drive here???

Canada
12-28-2010, 10:49 AM
or he??? :lol:

how long does it take you to drive here???

We took 18 in an RV for the 49ers game, but we are gonna rent a car. I figure it should be 15 or 16 hours. (depending on the weather)

4everchiefsfan25
12-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, i was really surprised to see that a good portion of the second and upper deck were empty. I really hate seeing all that yellow in the second deck. It kinda makes it hard to sell the fact that arrowhead is the loudest and toughest place to play and has the best and most loyal fans in the nfl. But in all due respect, i was not their, it was not a division foe, and it was Christmas weekend. I just hope that the place is rockin next sunday when we kick the s--t out of the raiders.
Do you know how much the yellow seats are? They are almost $400 a seat. I dont know about you but I cant afford $400 dollars for one seat thats just rediculous, plus I have sat in the yellow seats before (only because they were given to me) but I will never sit in the yellow seats ever again. you get Rich snobby people who don't come to the game to cheer and yell, they just want to sit there and just watch it. When I went I had to tell one guy that if I was pissing him off because I was standing up on 3rd down and yelling and cheering that he needed to go home and watch it on TV because this is Arrowhead and this is what real Chief fans do.

Sick Dog
12-28-2010, 01:04 PM

I am coming with you one year:sFl_canada2:

4everchiefsfan25
12-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I am coming with you one year:sFl_canada2:
The playoff game is the perfect time for you to come down!

Canada
12-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Do It!!

4everchiefsfan25
12-28-2010, 01:15 PM
peer pressure peer pressure peer pressure :D

Sick Dog
12-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Ya ya...love to but I can't afford it this year...kids to Disney...Christmas and it costs a lot more for us Canadians to do that trip on top of the price of tickets...I need to save up for the Chiefs in Superbowl:yahoo:

4everchiefsfan25
12-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Oh Canada can spot you the money hes just made of money :lol:

Canada
12-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Oh Canada can spot you the money hes just made of money :lol::lol: Im debating sleeping in the back of a car so I can go!! With all the other rich guys of course!!

Seek
12-28-2010, 05:13 PM
:lol: Im debating sleeping in the back of a car so I can go!! With all the other rich guys of course!!

If you do that, you can park your car at my house. I might even let you in the house to use the restrooms, but no toilet paper. That is asking too much.