PDA

View Full Version : !@#$, !@#$, !@#$

luv
09-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Found out tonight that they will be cutting our hours at work from 40 to 35 per week. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it will be $150 cut from my paycheck (every two weeks). Being an assistant supervisor, I'm allowed 2.5 hours of overtime per payperiod, so there's another $50. $200 less PER PAYCHECK.

They're starting it for a month, and doing it on a month to month basis until the work load goes back up (or enough people quit, I'm sure). My supervisor seems to think it will be like this until the first of next year.

:( :( :( :( :(

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 09:37 PM
That sucks luv!

luv
09-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Losing those hours is essentially the same as if I worked 40 hour weeks at $2 less per hour. I've been wondering about changing shifts, and I would lose about that much (unless an assistant supervisor spot miraculously became open on days). I guess I can use this time to see how I do living off of that much less.

Trying to see the positives.

Chiefster
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Losing those hours is essentially the same as if I worked 40 hour weeks at $2 less per hour. I've been wondering about changing shifts, and I would lose about that much (unless an assistant supervisor spot miraculously became open on days). I guess I can use this time to see how I do living off of that much less.

I read ya; my wife works at Amazon.com, and the only thing they care about is a healthy bottom line despite how it affects the ones they depend on the most to deliver it.

Canada
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
:mob:Want me to round up some Crowders and we can come down there and have a "talk" with yer boss!!:mob:

Chiefster
09-27-2007, 12:00 AM
:mob:Want me to round up some Crowders and we can come down there and have a "talk" with yer boss!!:mob:

Right behind ya dude! :D

(Camera in hand ready to photograph the event)

Coach
09-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Since you obviously like to write, I will toss this idea out there.

There is a nice market for people that are willing to write unique articles for the web. Usually you'll see people get somewhere around .05 per word to write articles about various topics depending on the quality of your work. Someone such as yourself could make $20-$30/hr. pretty easily without leaving their couch. PM me if you would like more info.

tornadospotter
09-27-2007, 12:49 AM

Sorry to here about this Luv, I think it will work out, I am kinda in a same spot. I am losing my part time job as EMA in my County, ( part time paid, 24/7 responsibliltys). So I am going to lose income also. I know this does not help right now. But there is always a possitive that comes out in all things in our lives.

luv
09-27-2007, 01:34 AM
Since you obviously like to write, I will toss this idea out there.

There is a nice market for people that are willing to write unique articles for the web. Usually you'll see people get somewhere around .05 per word to write articles about various topics depending on the quality of your work. Someone such as yourself could make $20-$30/hr. pretty easily without leaving their couch. PM me if you would like more info.
Info please!

Canada
09-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Info please!

That isn't a pm. Can't even follow instructions!! :lol::bananen_smilies046:

luv
09-27-2007, 12:24 PM
That isn't a pm. Can't even follow instructions!! :lol::bananen_smilies046:
I sent him a pm too. :p

sling58
09-28-2007, 08:29 AM

Count me in!!! Cutting a Chiefs fan beer drinking money is just wrong!!!

Canada
09-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Count me in!!! Cutting a Chiefs fan beer drinking money is just wrong!!!

Damnit!! I never thought about it that way!!! NOW I AM REALLY MAD!!!!! :mob:

sling58
09-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Damnit!! I never thought about it that way!!! NOW I AM REALLY MAD!!!!! :mob:

Glad I could bring another point to the arguement of going down there and laying a beating on a boss!

Chiefster
09-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Glad I could bring another point to the arguement of going down there and laying a beating on a boss!

Less filling.

hermhater
09-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Less filling.

Tastes great.

Chiefster
09-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Tastes great.

Eggsactly! :lol:

Canada
09-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Less filling.

who cares :drunkhb: just pound it in there

Tastes great.

No it dosen't....drink Canadian beer!! :bananen_smilies046:

luv
09-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Bored. Waiting for dinner to arrive. Next week, it's back to yogurt and cereal bars.

Chiefster
09-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Bored. Waiting for dinner to arrive. Next week, it's back to yogurt and cereal bars.

What'd ya buy us luv; surely you know the Crowd ordinance that states that if you're buying dinner then you must buy enough for everyone.

luv
09-29-2007, 08:50 PM
What'd ya buy us luv; surely you know the Crowd ordinance that states that if your buying dinner then you must buy enough for everyone.
Pulled pork sandwich and jambalaya.

I got a mixed sixer at the store today.

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Pale Ale
Shiner Bock
Killian's Irish Red
Smithwick's Irish Ale (by Guinness)
Guinness Drought

I was going to order pasta, but I thought the above ould taste better with beer.

McLovin
09-29-2007, 08:53 PM
I am just wondering if I am invited over for dinner (at Luv's).... maybe a lil candlelight some romantic music.

luv
09-29-2007, 09:00 PM
I am just wondering if I am invited over for dinner (at Luv's).... maybe a lil candlelight some romantic music.
Candlelight goes better with Italian food and wine.

McLovin
09-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I could be eating cheap frozen pizza by candlelight as long as I was at your house Luv.

sling58
09-30-2007, 08:01 AM
I think we should all leave this forum and leave bryon and Luv alone to explore their feelings!

tornadospotter
09-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I think we should all leave this forum and leave bryon and Luv alone to explore their feelings!
Ah shucks! then we will miss all the good stuff :D

sling58
09-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Ah shucks! then we will miss all the good stuff :D

No I heard Byron has it set up on webcam so we can watch it later.

:lol: :lol:

tornadospotter
09-30-2007, 12:59 PM
No I heard Byron has it set up on webcam so we can watch it later.

:lol: :lol:
:fan_wave2: :fan_wave2: :lol:

luv
09-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Not necessary.