PDA

View Full Version : Who owns the tiebreaker?

Canada
12-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Chiefs beat the Raiders and we end up11-5, if the Steelers lose they will be 11-5 also. Anyone know who would have the tiebreaker for the 2nd seed in the AFC??

nigeriannightmare
12-26-2010, 10:54 PM
I would say that it would be pittsburgh even with a loss next week it would be only four losses in the afc and we would have 5.

wildcat
12-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Pittsburg would. The Ravens also have 11 wins and would also have the tiebreaker against us. We can't get a bye no matter what happens.

captainamerica
12-26-2010, 11:07 PM
the best we can finish is 3rd.

Canada
12-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Then I hope we play the Jets

Boxermm187
12-26-2010, 11:56 PM
at home vs jets, ravens, or steelers on jan 8 or 9.

wilqb16
12-27-2010, 01:44 AM
We do want to win the game vs. the Raiders to lock up the 3rd seed. If we lose and the Colts win, according to NFL tiebreaking procedures, we drop below them because we lost against them head-to-head.

Tie breaking procedures: NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures (http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures)

Three7s
12-27-2010, 02:08 AM
As much as I want the 3rd seed to face the Jets, who I think we can definitely beat, I remember that last game against the Raiders.

They injured a lot of our key players, which really killed us against the Broncos the following week. I say keep the boys in and get to a huge lead like we did against the Titans, then get everyone out of there.

Just pray no one gets hurt.

wilqb16
12-27-2010, 02:12 AM
As much as I want the 3rd seed to face the Jets, who I think we can definitely beat, I remember that last game against the Raiders.

They injured a lot of our key players, which really killed us against the Broncos the following week. I say keep the boys in and get to a huge lead like we did against the Titans, then get everyone out of there.

Just pray no one gets hurt.

I think it is actually good for us to play the Raiders and beat a big physical team. We are going to have to do that go deep in the playoffs and I think this team is still learning. We aren't at the point to take games off...this team grows and gets better with every experience...

Chiefster
12-27-2010, 02:17 AM
I think it is actually good for us to play the Raiders and beat a big physical team. We are going to have to do that go deep in the playoffs and I think this team is still learning. We aren't at the point to take games off...this team grows and gets better with every experience...

Absolutely correct IMO! We've all seen teams who have rested their starters the last game of the season in a seemingly "meaningless" contest to be sure they go into the playoffs rested and healthy only to stink it up.

McLovin
12-27-2010, 03:35 AM
With the 3rd Seed the Chiefs would most likely play the Jets in the Wildcard round, while with the 4th Seed the Chiefs would likely

play the Ravens, while both are winnable I think the Jets game might be slightly easier.

The big difference in seeding comes after the first win. With the 3rd seed and a win the Chiefs would play the Steelers while

dropping to a 4th seed and winning the wildcard round would send the Chiefs to Foxboro to play the Pats. I personally would

rather go to Pittsburg and let Indy or Baltimore go to NE.

Putting another game between the Chiefs and NE, and you never know in the Playoffs Indy might step up and beat the

Pats leaving the Chiefs to beat Indy for the trip to the Super Bowl, earlier in the year the Chiefs almost beat (and really should

have) the Colts and frustrated Manning. Plus if the Colts beat the Pats and the Chiefs beat the Steelers from the 3rd seed the

Championship game would be hosted at ... you guessed it Arrowhead.

So now I ask how important is a win in Oakland and a 3rd Seed over a 4th Seed.

GO CHIEFS AFC West Champs 2010

KristofLaw
12-27-2010, 03:37 AM
Jets, Ravens or Steelers that home game is going to be great! I can't see us losing at home next week. With the euphoria the fan-base is feeling we should not let Oakland lay any seeds for next year and continue to assert our dominance in the West. Hopefully Thomas Jones can have a big game next week to prep for the Ravens or Jets.

The Jets are a better team on the road this year than the Ravens but you gotta think they would be the team to play. Whatever. I can't wait 'til the regular season is over! :D

nigeriannightmare
12-27-2010, 08:46 AM

Yessir I want the J-E-T-S, jets, jets, jets.

4everchiefsfan25
12-27-2010, 11:18 AM
I want Sanches to play in the Sea of Red Arrowhead will be rockin!

chiefnut
12-27-2010, 01:19 PM

actually i would rather play the colts. we already played them well and know we can beat them, plus i want to get the first round colts monkey off our backs once and for all. bring them in, beat 'em and send 'em home to watch us advance.:bananen_smilies046::chiefs:

4everchiefsfan25
12-27-2010, 01:30 PM
actually i would rather play the colts. we already played them well and know we can beat them, plus i want to get the first round colts monkey off our backs once and for all. bring them in, beat 'em and send 'em home to watch us advance.:bananen_smilies046::chiefs:They have to win their division to go into the playoffs and if they win their division the Chiefs wouldnt play them in the first round

Canada
12-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I want the Jets round 1
Round 2 would be us agains Pit
Bal/Indy against NE
Round 3 Chiefs V (hopefully) Bal or Indy (as long as NE loses)
Round 3 would be hosted at Arrowhead!!
SuperBowl Chiefs def. ATL and Tony G can hang out and look at the rings, but he wont get his own (unless he signs a 1 yr contract with us next season and rides the pine behind Moeaki while we REPEAT!!)

4everchiefsfan25
12-27-2010, 03:30 PM
I want the Jets round 1
Bal/Indy against NE
SuperBowl Chiefs def. ATL and Tony G can hang out and look at the rings, but he wont get his own (unless he signs a 1 yr contract with us next season and rides the pine behind Moeaki while we REPEAT!!)
That sounds damn good to me

Canada
12-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Know what else sounds good. I have been celebrating the Chiefs division win since 8pm last night and I just bought 30 more beers!! GO CHIEFS!!

4everchiefsfan25
12-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Know what else sounds good. I have been celebrating the Chiefs division win since 8pm last night and I just bought 30 more beers!! GO CHIEFS!!
haha damn I dont think I can keep up unless my job starts letting me drink on the job :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :toast2: (we need a keg stand smiley)

Three7s
12-27-2010, 06:02 PM
I want the Jets round 1
Bal/Indy against NE
This is my dream scenario!

Only I REALLY want to torch the Colts at Arrowhead in the Championship game.