PDA

View Full Version : Eric Berry Is The Man

azchiefsfan
12-28-2010, 08:26 AM
He isn't a "shut down" safety yet, but boy can he play on the ball like a laser. How 'bout some props for the guy who's gonna pimp slap wide receivers for us the next 12 years?

OMGLadyGaga
12-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Alot of people didnt like Berry as our pick. I would have preferred a Tackle BUT after we picked up Berry there was just no way this guy could be a bust. And to be honest a first year safety no matter where he is taken in the draft is not supposed to have the type of impact that he has had already. He is a sure tackler, a hard hitter, and has what 4 interceptions? And has also shown some great run back ability, that touchdown vs Tenn was the best KC play this year. The only thing he needs to improve on is his reading of the field in order to provide necessary help over the top BUT lets face it that will come with experience. GO CHIEFS

hometeam
12-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Berry for DROY!

85 tackles, 2 sacks, a forced fumble, 13 passes defensed, and 4 picks one of which went to the house!

One game to go too.. id like to see a pick 6 and a sack to seal it :P

figcrostic
12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm much more impressed by Kendrick Lewis. Berry was the fifth pick overall, Lewis was drafted in the fifth round and is just as good as berry if not better. Also Lewis would have 4 int if he didn't get robbed by the refs on that shaun smith call what BS.

OPLookn
12-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm much more impressed by Kendrick Lewis. Berry was the fifth pick overall, Lewis was drafted in the fifth round and is just as good as berry if not better. Also Lewis would have 4 int if he didn't get robbed by the refs on that shaun smith call what BS.

I have to admit I'm much more impressed by Lewis as well. It seemed apparent to me that when he was out we were worse off for it. Like you said he's a GREAT 5th round find and if Lewis and Berry continue to play the way they have been with Flowers as lock down as he is...dang. At that point we just need someone to step in and get mentored/share plays with Vrabel and I'd say we're set!

4everchiefsfan25
12-28-2010, 11:11 AM
I have to admit I'm much more impressed by Lewis as well. It seemed apparent to me that when he was out we were worse off for it. Like you said he's a GREAT 5th round find and if Lewis and Berry continue to play the way they have been with Flowers as lock down as he is...dang. At that point we just need someone to step in and get mentored/share plays with Vrabel and I'd say we're set!
I am very impressed by Lewis but for Berry to come in as a rookie and become the leader of the Defense that is very huge. IMO Berry has more affect on this defense because of his leadership, but it doesn't matter because the two of them playing together is freakin awesome! Give it another year or two and nobody is going to beable to throw the football on us

Coach
12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm impressed by lewis, but I wouldn't say "more impressed". Lewis was great value in the 5th round, but Berry is the much better player. They are a great combo. It's funny what a defensive coordinator can do. Crennel has everyone playing well.
I'm actually a big fan of OLB Andy Studebaker. Big time motor. He is going to be good IMO.

Biggest areas of need right now are WR2, RG, NT, LOLB, CB2

Ryfo18
12-28-2010, 11:53 AM
I agree that both have shored up our safety position. The two positions are so different though (free vs. strong). In my opinion the skillset required to play strong safety is much more difficult to find. It's essentially a guy capable of playing LB or CB depending on the situation. Berry has done an excellent job of that.

Kendrick Lewis is a very smart, fast player. Our secondary is going to be one of the best in the league for years to come.

OPLookn
12-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm impressed by lewis, but I wouldn't say "more impressed". Lewis was great value in the 5th round, but Berry is the much better player. They are a great combo. It's funny what a defensive coordinator can do. Crennel has everyone playing well.
I'm actually a big fan of OLB Andy Studebaker. Big time motor. He is going to be good IMO.

The reason I say I'm "more impressed" with Lewis is that you expect your first round pick not only that your top 5 pick to come in and have an immediate impact. That's why they're picked that high. With all the hype that was around Berry you might as well have handed him pro bowl the first year.

Lewis on the other had came in as a fifth rounder and everyone knows that at times fifth rounders sometimes don't make it out of camp. Not only did Lewis make it out of camp but he made the starting roster over a veteran. Because of that I'm more impressed with Lewis.

I love how Berry is playing but I expected that kind of play from him.

I agree with your assessment of what's needed but what do you think is the #1 need right now. To me it's fine to list off what's needed but what needs help the most? My thought is that Cassel is showing he's our QBotF so it's time to get him some more weapons to throw to. We've struggled at the line position but unless you're going for a left tackle great value can be found in the lower rounds. As for the defensive side of things I know we're not perfect but we've spent the past few years shoring that up. I don't know if there's any guys coming into free agency that could play that opposite side of Hali as well as he does or what. But I think defense comes second to offense when we get to the draft.

With that said how AWESOME is it that we're talking about meaningful football in late Dec/soon to be Jan and playoffs?!? Last year this time we'd been talking draft options for several months by now!

matthewschiefs
12-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Got to admit that I was not high on drafting him But he is starting the change my mind more and more. As the season has gone on he has gotten better that's all you can ask for from any rookie. Hope he is a chief for many years to come.

4everchiefsfan25
12-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Got to admit that I was not high on drafting him But he is starting the change my mind more and more. As the season has gone on he has gotten better that's all you can ask for from any rookie. Hope he is a chief for many years to come.
Why were you not high on drafting Berry?

slc chief
12-28-2010, 07:48 PM
the rookie is balling it up. solid pick i dont care where he was taken

tornadospotter
12-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Eric Berry, has shown why he was pick, Kendrick Lewis has been a great plus. But biggest impact on the team? You have to add, DMC and Tony M in to this also.

germaine93
12-28-2010, 08:44 PM
The reason I say I'm "more impressed" with Lewis is that you expect your first round pick not only that your top 5 pick to come in and have an immediate impact. That's why they're picked that high. With all the hype that was around Berry you might as well have handed him pro bowl the first year.

Lewis on the other had came in as a fifth rounder and everyone knows that at times fifth rounders sometimes don't make it out of camp. Not only did Lewis make it out of camp but he made the starting roster over a veteran. Because of that I'm more impressed with Lewis.

I love how Berry is playing but I expected that kind of play from him.

I agree with your assessment of what's needed but what do you think is the #1 need right now. To me it's fine to list off what's needed but what needs help the most? My thought is that Cassel is showing he's our QBotF so it's time to get him some more weapons to throw to. We've struggled at the line position but unless you're going for a left tackle great value can be found in the lower rounds. As for the defensive side of things I know we're not perfect but we've spent the past few years shoring that up. I don't know if there's any guys coming into free agency that could play that opposite side of Hali as well as he does or what. But I think defense comes second to offense when we get to the draft.

With that said how AWESOME is it that we're talking about meaningful football in late Dec/soon to be Jan and playoffs?!? Last year this time we'd been talking draft options for several months by now!
what we need is easy...imho in this order....2nd wr, nose tackle, then rt. after that we just need to fill the roster with depth. thats all we really need.

josh1971
12-28-2010, 08:48 PM
We also need a backup QB.

hometeam
12-28-2010, 09:02 PM
^ truth

figcrostic
12-28-2010, 09:26 PM

Everyone was on berrys jock even before he was drafted and he's good but he's not even the best Lewis is just as good and no one even knew the guy existed. In my opinon berry has more athletic talent but Lewis is more consistent on coverage.

Boxermm187
12-28-2010, 10:26 PM
this past draft has to be the best draft choices in the NFL this year. wow, mostly every draft pick really impacted this team. now, with scott, i am excited for next years class.

4everchiefsfan25
12-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Everyone was on berrys jock even before he was drafted and he's good but he's not even the best Lewis is just as good and no one even knew the guy existed. In my opinon berry has more athletic talent but Lewis is more consistent on coverage.
Eric Berry is a better leader of the Defense than Lewis and Berry plays the run a lot better than Lewis so I'm not so sure u can say Lewis is as good as Berry.

4everchiefsfan25
12-29-2010, 01:20 PM
this past draft has to be the best draft choices in the NFL this year. wow, mostly every draft pick really impacted this team. now, with scott, i am excited for next years class.
Does anybody remember what Mel keiper said about the Chiefs draft this year?

Chiefster
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM

Quoted for truth!

4everchiefsfan25
12-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Quoted for truth!
Maybe we can draft a WR and then turn him into our 2nd string QB... It looks like it worked for the Vikings:D

figcrostic
12-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Eric Berry is a better leader of the Defense than Lewis and Berry plays the run a lot better than Lewis so I'm not so sure u can say Lewis is as good as Berry.

I think Lewis is just as good, but the fact that it is debatle shows how impressive a pick Lewis was. He was drafted in the fifth round, Berry had so much hype around him and no one even talked about this guy Lewis. The fact that Lewis is on the same level as someone so hyped and picked up the 5th spot is amazing.

4everchiefsfan25
12-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I think Lewis is just as good, but the fact that it is debatle shows how impressive a pick Lewis was. He was drafted in the fifth round, Berry had so much hype around him and no one even talked about this guy Lewis. The fact that Lewis is on the same level as someone so hyped and picked up the 5th spot is amazing.
Well then why arent you talking about Brandon Carr? because Flowers and Carr is the same situation as Lewis and Berry. So we have two Amazing situations.

figcrostic
12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Well then why arent you talking about Brandon Carr? because Flowers and Carr is the same situation as Lewis and Berry. So we have two Amazing situations.

We were talking about rookies, but your right Carr has played great the last couple games he stumbled a little same as berry but they both are playing great now.

rodu
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM

I'd like to get a veteran over a rookie for 2nd string QB

Another need would be at center

buffman316
12-29-2010, 05:00 PM
I am glad to say I have been on the Berry Bandwagon from the last game in 2009, but Lewis is a bonus! The two of them together is truly awesome. I say in free agency we get the WR and back up QB. The rest can be done in the draft.

figcrostic
12-29-2010, 05:12 PM
I am glad to say I have been on the Berry Bandwagon from the last game in 2009, but Lewis is a bonus! The two of them together is truly awesome. I say in free agency we get the WR and back up QB. The rest can be done in the draft.

I support this

brdempsey69
12-29-2010, 06:11 PM
......... I say in free agency we get the WR and back up QB. The rest can be done in the draft.

Seconded !!

azchiefsfan
12-29-2010, 08:57 PM
The fact that we can discuss who is the better player in the secondary, rather than the worst, is something I didn't think would happen for a couple years. We have bonafide, out of the box starters. After this season they will have experienced pretty much all that offensive coordinators can throw at them. This bodes well for the future. I still believe that you win Super Bowls with defense and we have a legitimate championship caliber defense.

4everchiefsfan25
12-30-2010, 11:16 AM
The fact that we can discuss who is the better player in the secondary, rather than the worst, is something I didn't think would happen for a couple years. We have bonafide, out of the box starters. After this season they will have experienced pretty much all that offensive coordinators can throw at them. This bodes well for the future. I still believe that you win Super Bowls with defense and we have a legitimate championship caliber defense.
This draft is excellent and I cant wait to see what Haley and Pioli can do in our next draft because if they can do the same thing that they did last year I think we will be Super Bowl champs

figcrostic
12-30-2010, 11:47 AM
This draft is excellent and I cant wait to see what Haley and Pioli can do in our next draft because if they can do the same thing that they did last year I think we will be Super Bowl champs

As long as we work on our o-line and get a pass rusher to help hali im happy

kcred
12-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Trading up for Sue would have been the better move in the long run. That's what I have been saying since before the draft Sue will be rookie of the year to go along with his probowl. We still need a nose tackle. What a beast he hasntt missed a beat

70 chiefsfan70
01-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Trading up for Sue would have been the better move in the long run. That's what I have been saying since before the draft Sue will be rookie of the year to go along with his probowl. We still need a nose tackle. What a beast he hasntt missed a beat

Suh would not have been a great pick, sure he would have helped us, I don't see him ever being a anchor NT, and we had lots of talent already signed, therefore we would have had even more talent in a position that well filled up.

Sure he is one heck of a player and lots of fun to watch, but timing was wrong and other needs were many. Dorsey and Gilberry are playing very well, and I think Jackson is getting it and should be a pig next year.

I do like Suh, I just don't see him fitting well. Eric Berry is the MAN!!!!!!

Ryfo18
01-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Kendrick Lewis' attempted tackle (or lack thereof) on the Bush TD run is a prime example of why Eric Berry is a better all-around football player.

70 chiefsfan70
01-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Kendrick Lewis' attempted tackle (or lack thereof) on the Bush TD run is a prime example of why Eric Berry is a better all-around football player.

Yep , I'll have to say that was one of the worst tackle attempts I've ever seen.

azchiefsfan
01-02-2011, 04:51 PM
The Traiders clearly made their offensive schemes to avoid Berry. Ball control has been key to our season. The defense hung on until the last quarter, but they were on the field far too long today. It all goes back to the O line. Gees I hope those guys were out partying last night. If not, it's gonna be a short playoff run and a long, cold off season.

1KC_Fan
01-02-2011, 05:53 PM
The man just gaqve up another td and changed the flow of the game and lost it for us

figcrostic
01-02-2011, 06:15 PM

I'm guessing you had you eyes closed when Berry gave up that TD.

Ryfo18
01-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm guessing you had you eyes closed when Berry gave up that TD.

No, I didn't. That play Campbell had forever to throw. Yeah Berry blew coverage. Kendrick Lewis almost ran backwards to avoid having to make contact with Michael bush.

figcrostic
01-02-2011, 06:57 PM
No, I didn't. That play Campbell had forever to throw. Yeah Berry blew coverage. Kendrick Lewis almost ran backwards to avoid having to make contact with Michael bush.

I'm trying to find a website that gives td's allowed can't find one but I know just a little over a month ago nobody had allowed more td's then Berry No safety has allowed more touchdowns than Eric Berry (six). Tyvon Branch (OAK) and Bernard Pollard... - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/11/20/1827105/no-safety-has-allowed-more-touchdowns-than-eric-berry-six-tyvon)

josh1971
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm trying to find a website that gives td's allowed can't find one but I know just a little over a month ago nobody had allowed more td's then Berry No safety has allowed more touchdowns than Eric Berry (six). Tyvon Branch (OAK) and Bernard Pollard... - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/11/20/1827105/no-safety-has-allowed-more-touchdowns-than-eric-berry-six-tyvon)

The difference- Branch has been in the NFL for 3 seasons, Pollard for 5, and they have each allowed only one less TD than the ROOKIE Eric Berry.

Whereas, Berry has 3 more int than the pair of them combined (They have 1 between the pair of them this season).

So let's see how many TDs that Berry is giving up after he's been in the NFL a few seasons. I bet his number comes down.

matthewschiefs
01-02-2011, 09:22 PM

I'm sorry I thought it was teams that gave up TDS not a single player. There are 10 other guys who could have made plays besides berry on those plays. IT'S NOT ERIC BERRY GAVE UP A TD ITS THE CHIEFS DID.

figcrostic
01-02-2011, 09:55 PM
The difference- Branch has been in the NFL for 3 seasons, Pollard for 5, and they have each allowed only one less TD than the ROOKIE Eric Berry.

Whereas, Berry has 3 more int than the pair of them combined (They have 1 between the pair of them this season).

So let's see how many TDs that Berry is giving up after he's been in the NFL a few seasons. I bet his number comes down.

This was all safeties including rookies and Berry gave up more td's then any of them.

70 chiefsfan70
01-03-2011, 08:29 AM
This was all safeties including rookies and Berry gave up more td's then any of them.

There is soooo much more to how well a ss plays then this, Every team is different is strength and weaknesses, therefore the roll of the Safty varies a lot, also how many tackles, and missed tackles has Berry had compared to these two?

Theres not a safty out there that hits harder and stops the ball carrier in his tracks better then the Berry mobile.

Strong saftey is a very hard position to compare because of the many different ways teams use them.

Its obvious you have no love for Berry, thats ok though,I still see you as a very big Chiefs fan. Plus I have enough Man Love for him, for the both of us.:bananen_smilies046:

figcrostic
01-03-2011, 10:33 AM
There is soooo much more to how well a ss plays then this, Every team is different is strength and weaknesses, therefore the roll of the Safty varies a lot, also how many tackles, and missed tackles has Berry had compared to these two?

Theres not a safty out there that hits harder and stops the ball carrier in his tracks better then the Berry mobile.

Strong saftey is a very hard position to compare because of the many different ways teams use them.

Its obvious you have no love for Berry, thats ok though,I still see you as a very big Chiefs fan. Plus I have enough Man Love for him, for the both of us.:bananen_smilies046:

I see good things in Berry the only thing I have a problem with is the hype around the man. I said Lewis is just as good and I get laughed at and I show proof and now I'm a hater. I think Berry will be a good SS I still don't think he was worth the pick but I can't change that. Your right he does hit hard but he needs to work on his coverage especially in the redzone.

4everchiefsfan25
01-05-2011, 01:09 PM
I see good things in Berry the only thing I have a problem with is the hype around the man. I said Lewis is just as good and I get laughed at and I show proof and now I'm a hater. I think Berry will be a good SS I still don't think he was worth the pick but I can't change that. Your right he does hit hard but he needs to work on his coverage especially in the redzone.
Your one of those people that think they are always right huh? As a rookie did Ronnie Lott ever blow a coverage? I mean Berry has lived up to all the hype IMO. He is second on the team with tackles as a rookie he has stayed healthy he has leadership skills. He is a beast and your a :sign0104: for saying you dont understand all the hype with Berry

tornadospotter
01-05-2011, 09:22 PM
We will not know how good Eric Berry is, and how good the draft pick for him was, for at least 2 more seasons. Yes he is a great pick choice in this day and season. But he is no where yet proven. To make it in the NFL, takes much more than a rookie season. As with all things, time will tell the story.

Ryfo18
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Well Berry just won NFL Rookie of the Month for Dec/Jan. The first Chief to EVER win a rookie of the month award!

4everchiefsfan25
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Well Berry just won NFL Rookie of the Month for Dec/Jan. The first Chief to EVER win a rookie of the month award!
I would think thats him living up to his hype dont you?:D