PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on here a huge Gilberry fan?

figcrostic
12-30-2010, 11:56 AM
I love this guy and he gets very little attention he has quietly had 7 sacks this year and he's a backup to Dorsey, WTF!!! I think Vrabel has slown down a lot give Gilberry his spot as a LOLB and have him and Hali light the QB up. Then we don't have to draft a pass rusher and we can focus on other things.

josh1971
12-30-2010, 12:09 PM
I am- I think he's been a spot of joy for the defense, and he really gets after the QB! I had the same idea- move Gilberry to LOLB and maybe even put Vrabel inside.

As long as we keep Gilberry!

figcrostic
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I am- I think he's been a spot of joy for the defense, and he really gets after the QB! I had the same idea- move Gilberry to LOLB and maybe even put Vrabel inside.

As long as we keep Gilberry!

Lets send this idea to Romeo Crennel between the two of us he has to listen right? :D

Lazeye
12-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Lets send this idea to Romeo Crennel between the two of us he has to listen right? :D
LMFAO he might but I am sure he has already thought of that I am sure. I say you atleast try, send it and maybe he will get it and then maybe he can join the chiefs crowd, not that would be pimpin

figcrostic
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
LMFAO he might but I am sure he has already thought of that I am sure. I say you atleast try, send it and maybe he will get it and then maybe he can join the chiefs crowd, not that would be pimpin

Maybe if we get enough people involved it might make an impact. Anyone got a good email address to contact him or someone with a mouthpiece to mr. crennel's ear?

wilqb16
12-30-2010, 02:46 PM
I love Gilberry but the only thing is that Gliberry is not an OLB. He comes from the outside in the 3-point stance.

That is why we only use him in passing situations. He lines up wide but is still really playing D-End.

I think that Studebaker is the heir apparent to Vrabel's position.

figcrostic
12-30-2010, 02:56 PM
I love Gilberry but the only thing is that Gliberry is not an OLB. He comes from the outside in the 3-point stance.

That is why we only use him in passing situations. He lines up wide but is still really playing D-End.

I think that Studebaker is the heir apparent to Vrabel's position.

I like Studebaker as well, but I wanna see Gilberry given a chance he is very effective at getting to the qb. Also Gilberry is a small De he's the same size as Hali.

wilqb16
12-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Also Gilberry is a small De he's the same size as Hali.

That is true. Actually, Gilberry is a 4-3 DE in my opinion that we use in pass siutations.

My concern about moving him outside is that not all players can make the transition to linebacker and he is pretty effective the way that we use him now. We got luckly with Hali that he can cover and do the other things needed. Also, OLB position played by Vrabel is generally more of a cover backer in Crennel's scheme. So, moving Gilberry there really wouldn't make sense because you would take away his rush and ask him to cover.

You could move him in there at times just to rush in passing situations, but that really wouldn't be that different than what we do now. Plus, you would now have to drop one of our safeties or nickel backs (who we will typically blitz) into coverage. I really like Arenas, Lewis and Berry on the blitz so I'd rather have them plus Hali and Gilberry coming at the QB - which is what we do now.

slc chief
12-30-2010, 09:30 PM
That is true. Actually, Gilberry is a 4-3 DE in my opinion that we use in pass siutations.

My concern about moving him outside is that not all players can make the transition to linebacker and he is pretty effective the way that we use him now. We got luckly with Hali that he can cover and do the other things needed. Also, OLB position played by Vrabel is generally more of a cover backer in Crennel's scheme. So, moving Gilberry there really wouldn't make sense because you would take away his rush and ask him to cover.

You could move him in there at times just to rush in passing situations, but that really wouldn't be that different than what we do now. Plus, you would now have to drop one of our safeties or nickel backs (who we will typically blitz) into coverage. I really like Arenas, Lewis and Berry on the blitz so I'd rather have them plus Hali and Gilberry coming at the QB - which is what we do now.

well said

Three7s
12-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Gillberry will never be an OLB. He's a pure pass rusher, and as an OLB, there are coverage responsibilities that he's never had to deal with.

I think he's perfect in the nickel package where he belongs to stop passing plays. Maybe if he gets better against the run, he can start seeing more time at DE outside the nickel.

70 chiefsfan70
01-01-2011, 10:16 AM
I agree Gilberry is underated, but really like the way we've been using him, it keeps Dorsey fresh for the (expected) running plays.

We really need another passrush OLB, as you mentioned Vrabel is getting slow and would still be able to play well in the inside position, even outside as a backup, or to give the starter some rest time, but I don't see him starting him outside next year.

Our defense has played well, but it does still have needs.

Coach
01-01-2011, 11:19 AM
I agree Gilberry is underated, but really like the way we've been using him, it keeps Dorsey fresh for the (expected) running plays.

We really need another passrush OLB, as you mentioned Vrabel is getting slow and would still be able to play well in the inside position, even outside as a backup, or to give the starter some rest time, but I don't see him starting him outside next year.

Our defense has played well, but it does still have needs.I agree with many if the posts so far. Gilberry is probably a better 4-3 DE than a olb. But what we are doing is working, why screw with it.
I also agree that studebaker is the likely replacement for Vrabel. I'm fine with that. But I also think drafting another olb to create some competition and depth at the position makes a lot of sense.

GarH
01-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Well I'm definitely a Gilberry fan and I'm about 50 lbs overweight. Would that make me a huge Gilberry fan?