PDA

View Full Version : Bowe as our # 1 WR

Lazeye
12-30-2010, 12:58 PM
The Ultimate Goal (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/The-Ultimate-Goal/50ecf550-78ff-4aa1-9849-95bf5523612c)
I think since Haley has his ways with WR and can bring out the talent in them that Bowe can be true #1. With what Haley did with L. Fitz he is now doing with Bowe, but only time will tell and I hope this season was a preview of what we all knew when we drafted Bowe.
:chiefs:

chiefnut
12-30-2010, 01:03 PM
what we need is a compliment to him on the other side, chambers is not the answer.

matthewschiefs
12-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Bowe has the talent to be a REAL good #1 WR in the NFL. If he can only be a little more consitant then He will be one of the best in the league. Maybe someone to go along side him would help with that. It's a big need for this football team.

1KC_Fan
12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Yea the only problem is that when he gets doubled all we really have is big Mo and charles or dmc outa the backfield.

wilqb16
12-30-2010, 02:36 PM
what we need is a compliment to him on the other side, chambers is not the answer.

I have to agree - but I am not sure why. Chambers played great when we got him last season and I am certain that it isn't that he is out of shape.

Maybe he just got old. Only good thing is that Chambers has factored with a couple of 3rd down grabs the last couple of games. Hopefully he will build on that because we are going to need another option in the playoffs.

Long-term I think if we can get Fitzgerald we would be fools not to do so. Otherwise, I think we obviously need someone on the roster to develop, another FA or to draft someone. There are a handful of young fast wideouts on the roster but all are raw but it so hard to tell if these guys have the potential to be players. One good thing is that Haley knows his wideouts and I am sure we will have an answer.

Also, I think we need to get DMC into the mix more as a slot guy.

honda522
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
I think part of his success is that he is creating alot of separation finally.

Lazeye
12-30-2010, 03:50 PM
The reason I posted this is because alot of us here have said Bowe is not going to be our #1 because he drops to many passes and I agree with that to. But with what Bowe did with himself this year even though I blamed him for one of our losses I think haley has done alot to make bowe who he is at the moment and wonder if he will one day be like L. Fitz. Since Haley is all about using what he has I almost bet Tucker or Cooper will become our #2 since Bowe is turning into slowly our #1. I am also going to say we dont even draft a WR in this draft, either we get a FA or haley will turn one of our guys we already have into something worth a #2. Prob get 1 FA and thats it. Hopefully we can pull this post out of the closet this time next year and I am right but if not then well I will eat my crow with bacon, lett, tom, pickles, gouda cheese all on a toasted sourdough bun oh yeah I want those goofy long toothpicks stuck in it as well.

wilqb16
12-30-2010, 04:01 PM
The reason I posted this is because alot of us here have said Bowe is not going to be our #1 because he drops to many passes and I agree with that to. But with what Bowe did with himself this year even though I blamed him for one of our losses I think haley has done alot to make bowe who he is at the moment and wonder if he will one day be like L. Fitz. Since Haley is all about using what he has I almost bet Tucker or Cooper will become our #2 since Bowe is turning into slowly our #1. I am also going to say we dont even draft a WR in this draft, either we get a FA or haley will turn one of our guys we already have into something worth a #2. Prob get 1 FA and thats it. Hopefully we can pull this post out of the closet this time next year and I am right but if not then well I will eat my crow with bacon, lett, tom, pickles, gouda cheese all on a toasted sourdough bun oh yeah I want those goofy long toothpicks stuck in it as well.

Yeah - I don't know. I would think we would probably look at Fitz just because Haley likes to have a lot of options at receiver (I think he had three 1000 yarders his last season with the Rams).

However, if we don't sign Fitz I can see that wouldn't take one in the first round. We still have more pressing needs at that point.

I can see Tucker as a #2 guy and maybe Lawrence. I doubt Copper is that guy. If he was, he would be already.

kcvet
12-30-2010, 04:04 PM
lets see if butter fingers holds on to it with all the marbles at stake

Lazeye
12-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah - I don't know. I would think we would probably look at Fitz just because Haley likes to have a lot of options at receiver (I think he had three 1000 yarders his last season with the Rams).

However, if we don't sign Fitz I can see that wouldn't take one in the first round. We still have more pressing needs at that point.

I can see Tucker as a #2 guy and maybe Lawrence. I doubt Copper is that guy. If he was, he would be already.
Yeah I agree with that, I really like Tucker and wow I forgot about lawerence. I did not know Haley had 3 1000 yarders with the rams, I dont know to much about Haley as a WR coach other than the crap with Owens and Fitz that made the news. I know more about Haleys past and all that.

1KC_Fan
12-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Let's go get a vet wr

Drunker Hillbilly
12-30-2010, 05:42 PM
I've hammered Bowe for the last 2 seasons and rightfully so IMO. He has stepped up for the most part this season. If he can continue to play the way he is now then I think there is no doubt he can and will be our #1. I am still a bit skeptical about his consistancy but moving towards thinking he can turn it around. I may need the first part of next year to be sold.....

matthewschiefs
12-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I've hammered Bowe for the last 2 seasons and rightfully so IMO. He has stepped up for the most part this season. If he can continue to play the way he is now then I think there is no doubt he can and will be our #1. I am still a bit skeptical about his consistancy but moving towards thinking he can turn it around. I may need the first part of next year to be sold.....

That's the only question that I have with Bowe as well. Hopefully next season he shows that this is not an issue.

Lazeye
12-30-2010, 06:45 PM
What about this year if he shows up big in the playoffs? Funny thing is not sure if any of us are sold yet on the man but he leads all WR which I do find funny. Year one we all thought he would be a probowl WR and after the last 3 years I was not sure if he would even be here next year and now look hes in the probowl. All I can say is Go Haley!!!

Ryfo18
12-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Bowe is one of the best WR's in the NFL right now. There's not doubting he's a #1.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-30-2010, 08:50 PM
What about this year if he shows up big in the playoffs? Funny thing is not sure if any of us are sold yet on the man but he leads all WR which I do find funny. Year one we all thought he would be a probowl WR and after the last 3 years I was not sure if he would even be here next year and now look hes in the probowl. All I can say is Go Haley!!!
After having been near the top in drops for a couple years now, I'm still going to need more than 1 year. What if he comes out the first 4 games of next year and had 5 drops? Just me......... but I am definitely pleased with how he has played for the latter part of this season. Hope he convinces me......

slc chief
12-30-2010, 09:32 PM
he is number one in the league with touchdown catches.i will call him a number 1

Lazeye
12-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Well if he comes out and has 5 drops it then will depend on how many TD's he has and then maybe yards. Dont get me wrong I was pissed about his play for to long and had given up on him all together, but then he pulls this out his a$$ and becomes the number one TD rec and heads to the probowl...well I am finally proud to know what I believed in was true ok to a point. The drops need to stop but if he is plaing number one football like his right now then well he is our number 1 for the future well unless we get Fitz...just because he is more mature. I am not asking anyone to say he is our number one I am just trying to imply he may just become our number one and IMO he is as of this year, Haley will not let Bowe decline because Bowe has finally bought in.

chief31
12-30-2010, 11:43 PM

I have been behind Bowe for the entire ride. But, he has come awefully close to losing me.

I couldn't be more thrilled with his turnaround from where he was headed.

I am anxious to see Bowe go against a 'shutdown corner' again, to see if he can really beat one.

He torched Champ Bailey, in what could be viewed as trash time, but was shut down in the second meeting with The Broncos.

Like to see a couple more attempts going his way next time.