PDA

View Full Version : The official Tailgate Thread for Playoff game

Seek
12-30-2010, 01:25 PM
For all those interested. A bunch of members on here are planning on joining me in Parking Lot N. That is the general admission parking lot. We will try to set up shop on the grass between lots N and G. I will have two tents. One red, the other white. I will have sides up to block the wind. I imgaine there will be a Canadian Flag somewhere. We should also have a heater.

I will be smoking some BBQ. Most likely pulled Pork and a Brisket. I have more than plenty plates, forks and napkins left over from the home opener.

If you all want to join that is great. All I am supplying is the meat and probably some chips. I imagine others will bring sides. I will ask that if you do eat help cover the cost of the meat. It probably will be around 5 bucks a person.

I will be waiting for the gates to open to so that I can retain the parking spot, so if you want to meet me prior to going there keep that in mind.

If you have access to the Chiefs Crowd via your phone, I will update where we are located once we set up shop.

It easiest to get to Lot N, but entering the stadium using Gate 6. For those who don't know how to get there, Gate 6 is off stadium drive. You can get to Stadium either off I35 or off 40 hwy. Stadium is one block away from Sports Nutz. When you go into Gate 6, stay on the right or they will park you in the Grass way up on the hill.

Seek
12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Correction off 435, not I35.

Canada
12-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Dan and I are in!!!

Seek
12-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Dan and I are in!!!
I didn't know that. :sFl_canada2:

Oh that is supposed to be advertisement right. Like having the hot half naked girl spread out on a car, to get guys interest in the car.

Canada
12-30-2010, 02:59 PM
I didn't know that. :sFl_canada2:

Oh that is supposed to be advertisement right. Like having the hot half naked girl spread out on a car, to get guys interest in the car.

No, it was more of a remider to bring some extra beer!!:bananen_smilies046:

Seek
12-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Dang I left out the part where it is BYOB.

tornadospotter
12-30-2010, 08:05 PM
I sticky the thread for you.

Canada
12-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Dang I left out the part where it is BYOB.Too late now sucker!! :beer:

kcnation
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
seek my wife and i are ready to join you guys for a great day.we are staying at the hyatt about 20 miles from the stadium so just let me know what time you are setting up shop and how early should i get going to avoid any traffic problems getting to arrowhead.would appreciate any help you can give me or anyone else for that matter

Seek
01-03-2011, 09:58 AM
seek my wife and i are ready to join you guys for a great day.we are staying at the hyatt about 20 miles from the stadium so just let me know what time you are setting up shop and how early should i get going to avoid any traffic problems getting to arrowhead.would appreciate any help you can give me or anyone else for that matter

I plan to leave at 7:20 which will put me at Arrowhead around 8:00 AM. The gates will open at 8:30 so I will go in get my spot and set up shop as soon as I can.

That is about normal time for me, so I don't know what traffic is like after that as I usually go very early.

I would tend to think if you planned on getting at Arrowhead around 8:45 or 9 Am, traffic wouldn't be to bad.

Seek
01-04-2011, 04:35 PM
At this time, I believe we have about 27 people joining us. From this site I have Canada and Dan, Coach, Kc Nation, Eben01 and Chiefster in Heart.

Is there anyone else I am missing or still wanting to Join us?

YZILLA
01-04-2011, 04:59 PM
KC Outlaw (Nate) and I with the wives will be there ! Would love to join in !

Seek
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM

Glad to have you. We should be in the same spot as the Niners game.

Seek
01-04-2011, 05:11 PM

your buddy, Xfactor/Ty has been hanging around the last two home games. He said he would be back that way this week also.

I have been setting up shop close to the Porta Potties so I talked to him while waiting in line... I don't think he was feeling any pain on Sunday.

uben01
01-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Uben01 And My Buddy Carlos Are In For Sure..... I Know Its Byob, But Make Sure To Keep Us Updated On Anything Else You Guys Will Need......

kcnation
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
what is the weather update for the game on sunday?....also what do they let you bring into the game if anything,can you bring bottled water in or not,i forgot since the last time i was there

YZILLA
01-05-2011, 01:12 AM
You can bring one bottled water per person

Seek
01-05-2011, 08:08 AM
what is the weather update for the game on sunday?....also what do they let you bring into the game if anything,can you bring bottled water in or not,i forgot since the last time i was there

some reports show it to be a high in the low 40's and Sunny. Other reports say a front will hit on Sunday making the high around 35 with 30% chances of showers/snow.

kcnative
01-05-2011, 02:15 PM
So I'm new here but have been a Chiefs fan since I was born. My wife and I would love to join your tailgate if you guys are open to that. We will be driving up from Nashville on Sat and staying at the Drury by the stadium so we'll be walking to the game. I will bring beer and food and/or $$...whatever's needed.

I'm 37 and normal. No felonies, diseases, or missing limbs. I just really don't know anyone in KC anymore...

Canada
01-05-2011, 04:23 PM
So I'm new here but have been a Chiefs fan since I was born. My wife and I would love to join your tailgate if you guys are open to that. We will be driving up from Nashville on Sat and staying at the Drury by the stadium so we'll be walking to the game. I will bring beer and food and/or $$...whatever's needed.

I'm 37 and normal. No felonies, diseases, or missing limbs. I just really don't know anyone in KC anymore...

This isnt a requirement to attend is it?

Seek
01-05-2011, 05:26 PM
This isnt a requirement to attend is it?

They let a bunch or raider fans in last week.

Seek
01-05-2011, 05:28 PM

Food is covered. Just bring your own drinks. Lot n is the opposite side of deity in. It is back by the practice facility, but please come of you can.

kcnative
01-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Right on, thank you kindly.

Seek
01-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Food is covered. Just bring your own drinks. Lot n is the opposite side of deity in. It is back by the practice facility, but please come of you can.

Deity = Drury. Stupid Iphone auto spell.

Seek
01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
The lates weather reports I saw, showed the cold front coming in on Saturday. Possible snow showers Saturday and Sunday. Another report showed a chance for a few Flurries on Sunday, with it getting worse on Monday.

When the cold front hits is a question, but it does look like Sunday won't be warm and sunny.

kcnative
01-06-2011, 10:13 AM
I started preparing my wife for the cold this morning. The coldest game she's been to was when KC came to TN a few years ago. It was about 32˚ and ended up snowing during the game.

I hope we are able to tell whether or not we're going to have to drive up/back in snow though...it would help to have the Jeep. But due to gas mileage, I'd much rather take our other car.

If/when it does snow, is it supposed to be a lot?

kcnative
01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
...and sometimes I HATE iPhone auto spell. But it's more handy than not.

LlamaNinja
01-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Well this will be the first KC game I have been able to go to (I live in VA so it is a bit of a drive). I was curious if you still had any room for more people to join in.
It would be me and my wife, I am 24 and she is 26 so not sure if that is too young for the crowd or something. I never have been to a game as my dad is a giants fan and well I never really liked the giants...

Seek
01-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Well this will be the first KC game I have been able to go to (I live in VA so it is a bit of a drive). I was curious if you still had any room for more people to join in.
It would be me and my wife, I am 24 and she is 26 so not sure if that is too young for the crowd or something. I never have been to a game as my dad is a giants fan and well I never really liked the giants...

Sure, I am smoking pulled Pork and Brisket. The pulled pork itself will feed up to 40 people.

Seek
01-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I started preparing my wife for the cold this morning. The coldest game she's been to was when KC came to TN a few years ago. It was about 32˚ and ended up snowing during the game.

I hope we are able to tell whether or not we're going to have to drive up/back in snow though...it would help to have the Jeep. But due to gas mileage, I'd much rather take our other car.

If/when it does snow, is it supposed to be a lot?

right now it is just a few flurries. To be honest they are never right. They may expect a foot of snow and we get half an inch. Some times flurries end up being 6 inches... They then make the excuse that their viewing coverage is so large that it covers from Colorado to St. Louis and some where in that area they were right.

KCTV5.com - Weather Maps (http://www.kctv5.com/wxmap/13469562/detail.html)

4everchiefsfan25
01-06-2011, 12:45 PM
right now it is just a few flurries. To be honest they are never right. They may expect a foot of snow and we get half an inch. Some times flurries end up being 6 inches... They then make the excuse that their viewing coverage is so large that it covers from Colorado to St. Louis and some where in that area they were right.

KCTV5.com - Weather Maps (http://www.kctv5.com/wxmap/13469562/detail.html)
:lol: aint that the truth:bananen_smilies046:

LlamaNinja
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
:lol: aint that the truth:bananen_smilies046:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/01/6.jpg
Better not do that

LlamaNinja
01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Ohh also a question probably sounds dumb but gotta ask. If we park away from the stadium can we still get to the area where you will setup.

4everchiefsfan25
01-06-2011, 01:18 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/01/6.jpg
Better not do that
:lol:

Seek
01-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Ohh also a question probably sounds dumb but gotta ask. If we park away from the stadium can we still get to the area where you will setup.

Yes but it will be a walk.

linden
01-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Snow is fine... no one will be able to contain Charles in the snow...

:)

2 of us (my brother and I) are flying up from Canada. 5th game this year. Can't wait. I am guessing it will be as insane as
MNF. We'd love to stop by and have no issue contributing to some of the cost :)

Canada
01-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Snow is fine... no one will be able to contain Charles in the snow...

:)

2 of us (my brother and I) are flying up from Canada. 5th game this year. Can't wait. I am guessing it will be as insane as
MNF. We'd love to stop by and have no issue contributing to some of the cost :)All the cool kids are from Canada!! :sFl_canada2:

kcnative
01-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Talked to the wife a little about planning while eating dinner tonight. She's okay with getting there at 9am so we're gonna try to make it that early...so if you need help setting anything up or anything like that, it looks like we'll be there.

Also looks like we're probably just going to drive over and pay the $22 to park. Are you guys going to be in general parking, that we'd be able to find you and park somewhat close (especially if we show up that early)?

She's 3 mos. from ACL surgery and is going to do enough walking around that day...we figured it'd be better to go ahead and just drive over. That way we can bring chairs and a real cooler and such.

stricken721
01-06-2011, 09:13 PM
All the cool kids are from Canada and Texas. But the coolest kids are from Nebraska!! :sFl_canada2:

You're too kind!

stricken721
01-06-2011, 09:23 PM
:lol: Excellent addition.

tornadospotter
01-07-2011, 12:17 AM
My friend that I am seeing the game with is a professional photographer....that has shot a few nfl games from the sidelines. He will have his highly expensive camera there and will take some nice pics of us all at the tailgate party....if that is cool with everyone.

The dude loves taking pictures!!!
Outstanding idea!

stricken721
01-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Those are excellent shots!

Seek
01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
is there a main contact in this group that is willing to share their cell # in case I have trouble finding the group before the game?!?!?

My cell is #(###) ###-####. Would be nice to have someones as well...but please text me around 10:30am Sunday!!! Or call.

Sent you a PM.

Seek
01-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Talked to the wife a little about planning while eating dinner tonight. She's okay with getting there at 9am so we're gonna try to make it that early...so if you need help setting anything up or anything like that, it looks like we'll be there.

Also looks like we're probably just going to drive over and pay the $22 to park. Are you guys going to be in general parking, that we'd be able to find you and park somewhat close (especially if we show up that early)?

She's 3 mos. from ACL surgery and is going to do enough walking around that day...we figured it'd be better to go ahead and just drive over. That way we can bring chairs and a real cooler and such.

We will have everything set up. I am a season ticket holder so I am a veteran tailgater.

Yes, we are in general parking. If you go in gate 6, stay on the right side. The entrance to Parking Lot N is literally 25 yards past the gates. If you go down the left side they will try to send you a different direction.

Seek
01-07-2011, 09:01 AM
All the cool kids are from Canada!! :sFl_canada2:
The real Men are from Missouri.

Seek
01-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Emergency UPDATE: I just so happen to work with a wonderful woman whose husband works for Boulevard Beer, Located here in KC. They graciously donated 2 cases of beer for this tailgate.

Canada
01-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Emergency UPDATE: I just so happen to work with a wonderful woman whose husband works for Boulevard Beer, Located here in KC. They graciously donated 2 cases of beer for this tailgate.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:Thats awesome...what are you guys gonna drink though? :D

Seek
01-07-2011, 11:23 AM
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:Thats awesome...what are you guys gonna drink though? :D

I will be drinking something a little stronger and less filling.

kcnative
01-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the parking info Seek, and thanks for the emergency update!

Seek
01-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey, I know u mentioned like $5 per person as far as eating...I will have at least 2 other ppl with me (that would be willing to pay $5) but if there is not enough food for everyone...me having additional ppl, i am ok with that...i dont NEED to eat with y'all. Just mainly want to meet up w/ you guys.
There should be plenty of food for your friends.

kcnation
01-08-2011, 04:55 AM
heading for the airport guys,see you all in KC,can't wait for the tailgate party

Canada
01-08-2011, 09:51 AM
heading for the airport guys,see you all in KC,can't wait for the tailgate partyHave a safe trip!! Im leaving in 3 hours. I guess I should start packing!! :yahoo:

Seek
01-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Food is ready and I am going to relax and okay some call if duty. I will post our location tomorrow for those needing it.

kcnative
01-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the effort Seek. I am a big smoker as well and I know what it takes to do something like that. I'm looking forward to reaping the benefits...

Seek
01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Freaking band wagon tailgaters. Alot of people waiting to get in.

Seek
01-09-2011, 10:06 AM
We are set up. Closest to n45 in the grass facing arrowhead. There is a red and blue tent next to us and on the other side is a dumpster and two porta potties.

kcnative
01-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Thank you Seek for a great tailgate...very much appreciative of the hospitality, and great job on the brisket.

tornadospotter
01-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Seek, you are the man! Glad we got to say hi and grab some food to eat...and I got to meet the famous Canada!:sFl_canada2:
Canada is a great Chief! Lots of fun to be with. I am sure you all had a great time, even with the loss.

Seek
01-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Seek, you are the man! Glad we got to say hi and grab some food to eat...and I got to meet the famous Canada!:sFl_canada2:
Remember when I said you looked familiar. It must have been your avatar picture under your user name. :lol:

I am not sure what fate Canada holds. They were still needing a ride back to their Hotel, and if they accomplished that, flights might be canceled due to the snow storm.

I did leave them with enough beer to get them back to the hotel.

Canada
01-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Im home. Trip home sucked. Got in a car accident. I only had $1 to get home with. Tailgate was kiKC as$ though!!

Chiefster
01-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Im home. Trip home sucked. Got in a car accident. I only had $1 to get home with. Tailgate was kiKC as$ though!!

Are you alright man?

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Update please, are you and all okay?

Canada
01-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Had a really hard time getting out of bed today. Cant walk too well or stand up straight. On my way to the hospital now to see the doc. (wifes makin me go) Thanks for the concern, I will survive.

Ryfo18
01-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Had a really hard time getting out of bed today. Cant walk too well or stand up straight. On my way to the hospital now to see the doc. (wifes makin me go) Thanks for the concern, I will survive.

If you need an ambulance, I know a guy.

Hope you're alright man. Take care.

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 09:35 AM
If you need an ambulance, I know a guy.

Hope you're alright man. Take care.
So do I,,,,, but he is already going to the Hospital.

Take care Canada, get better, and then we want the story.

Canada
01-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Im pretty sure they are gonna give me beer as a painkiller!!

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Im pretty sure they are gonna give me beer as a painkiller!!
Probably have a case already loaded into IV's. If you called ahead and gave them time to prepare.

stricken721
01-11-2011, 04:22 PM

Hope you're ok man. You know there's always... :SmokinBanana: to help with those problems. :D

Seek
01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Hope you're ok man. You know there's always... :SmokinBanana: to help with those problems. :D

That is what caused the accident. Not really, some idiots driving on a little bit of snow. I am sure Canada is fine, Someone recently told me that Canadians are tough, and I can't believe you were a kicker.

Canada
01-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Damn kickers...

Seek
01-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Hockey sucks

Canada
01-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Hockey sucksSo does American beer

stricken721
01-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Hockey is awesome! Just about as cool as the Chiefs

Isn't that what you meant to say? :D

Seek
01-11-2011, 07:31 PM
So does American beer

How much beer did you see me drink?

Seek
01-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Isn't that what you meant to say? :D

My message was received!!!

tornadospotter
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Interesting, I am waiting the story.

Boxermm187
01-11-2011, 08:38 PM
i enjoyed that beer

Seek
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM

There is no story. There is just three things that really pushes Canada's buttons. One is stating that Canada Sucks and well that is common knowledge. Talking trash on the Chiefs and I don't want to do that, and then talking trash on Hockey more specificially the Canadian Hockey team.

Canada
01-12-2011, 05:30 PM

There is no story. There is just three things that really pushes Canada's buttons. One is stating that Canada Sucks and well that is common knowledge. Talking trash on the Chiefs and I don't want to do that, and then talking trash on Hockey more specificially the Canadian Hockey team.He kust waited until I was out of the country to say it. Must be a kicker.

Seek
01-13-2011, 11:36 AM
He kust waited until I was out of the country to say it. Must be a kicker.

I am not your pumpkin.:meow:

Chiefster
01-13-2011, 11:38 AM
I love this thread! :D

Canada
01-13-2011, 03:39 PM
I am not your pumpkin.:meow:Sleep tight!!

Connie Jo
01-14-2011, 09:37 PM
For all those interested. A bunch of members on here are planning on joining me in Parking Lot N. That is the general admission parking lot. We will try to set up shop on the grass between lots N and G. I will have two tents. One red, the other white. I will have sides up to block the wind. I imgaine there will be a Canadian Flag somewhere. We should also have a heater.

I will be smoking some BBQ. Most likely pulled Pork and a Brisket. I have more than plenty plates, forks and napkins left over from the home opener.

If you all want to join that is great. All I am supplying is the meat and probably some chips. I imagine others will bring sides. I will ask that if you do eat help cover the cost of the meat. It probably will be around 5 bucks a person.

I will be waiting for the gates to open to so that I can retain the parking spot, so if you want to meet me prior to going there keep that in mind.

If you have access to the Chiefs Crowd via your phone, I will update where we are located once we set up shop.

It easiest to get to Lot N, but entering the stadium using Gate 6. For those who don't know how to get there, Gate 6 is off stadium drive. You can get to Stadium either off I35 or off 40 hwy. Stadium is one block away from Sports Nutz. When you go into Gate 6, stay on the right or they will park you in the Grass way up on the hill.

I didn't have my PC hooked up, nor internet until this week. Tried to connect with Canada, to find out for sure where y'all were at, but we kept missing each others calls. I have a new cell phone, and it wasn't ringing when Dave would call, I only knew he'd called when looking at my call log. Kelly finally figured out the ringer wasn't turned on. :/