PDA

View Full Version : Done deal weis is leaving

hayden2004
01-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Report: Florida hires Weis to be offensive coordinator - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5979522)

Boxermm187
01-01-2011, 10:19 PM
lets just hope it does not affect the team. I really hate these distractions. I am going to start thinking about all this after the chiefs season.....hopefuly after the super bowl.

Chiefster
01-01-2011, 10:21 PM
That's just great! :(

tornadospotter
01-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Well if you are a Chief, you will be. If not then, your not. Adios, good wishes, see you later.

okikcfan
01-01-2011, 11:36 PM
It's all in Pioli's hands now.....

AussieChiefsFan
01-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Well, Pioli will have to work his magic and hire another great OC!
Weird to see Weis go though, the Offense has played really well this year!

okikcfan
01-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Well I guess we will find out on Monday. So long Charlie, Best of luck to ya and thanks for a very good year!

Hayvern
01-02-2011, 12:26 AM
So I was wrong, won't be the last time and it sure wasn't the first. So long Charlie boy, don't let the door hit you in your rather ample backside on the way out!

Sn@keIze
01-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Charlie you piece of crap.

once things get going you leave? WTF?

i hope you choke on a rack of lamb.

wildcat
01-02-2011, 12:36 AM
What really bothers me is that he is putting himself first and allowing this distraction to come out now, right before the playoffs. This is very unprofessional in my opinion. If I were Florida, I would take note.

On the other hand, I think most people are forgetting that the Chiefs were a top 10 offense in the second half of last season. The truth is that our success on offense is more closely tied to the system (which was in place before Weis get here), and the emergence of Jamaal Charles. Weis leaving has no effect on either of those things. The improvement of our offensive line, and in the passing game also have a lot to do with the run game. We will be just fine.

iratefan
01-02-2011, 12:53 AM
f u too wies. as someone else wrote, dont get your fat *** caught by the door on your way out. sack of s***. hopefully cassels got enough in him to keep the O focused and sharp. is this one f***ed up way to jinx your team going into the playoffs or what?

Chiefster
01-02-2011, 01:17 AM
What really bothers me is that he is putting himself first and allowing this distraction to come out now, right before the playoffs. This is very unprofessional in my opinion. If I were Florida, I would take note.

On the other hand, I think most people are forgetting that the Chiefs were a top 10 offense in the second half of last season. The truth is that our success on offense is more closely tied to the system (which was in place before Weis get here), and the emergence of Jamaal Charles. Weis leaving has no effect on either of those things. The improvement of our offensive line, and in the passing game also have a lot to do with the run game. We will be just fine.

Sure hope so! Good post reply!

bigpoppachief
01-02-2011, 01:26 AM
I know a lot of people hat him around here but maybe haley was whispering get fired to mcdaniels lol

Ryfo18
01-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Pretty ridiculous that some of you can bad mouth the guy without knowing the circumstances for his departure. I wish Charlie the best, it's been a great ride with him and we still have to win 4 more games!

SIC J
01-02-2011, 03:56 AM
I'm pretty sure this just "didn't happen" and the Chiefs were aware of it well before the announcement.

SIC J
01-02-2011, 04:03 AM
I read somewhere that he wants to be closer to his son. Not sure if thats true or not. But it makes sense cuz Weis has a lot of health issues. Putting his family first.

Let's bring in McDaniels! He's a horrible HC but an offensive genius!

Sn@keIze
01-02-2011, 05:10 AM
I read somewhere that he wants to be closer to his son. Not sure if thats true or not. But it makes sense cuz Weis has a lot of health issues. Putting his family first.

i heard that too.

thats BS.

Your a GD OC n the NFL.

you got the $.

You care that much you move him closer to you!

Hunt didnt fork out the dough and fans support him so he can just puss out.

If i ever see him in real life Im gonna sew his mouth to my anus and drink fleet all day.

Ryla02
01-02-2011, 06:05 AM
WTF ? Just when thing gets rolling.

70 chiefsfan70
01-02-2011, 08:28 AM
:sign0178: There has to be more to the story then this, He has done a great job for us and I wish him well.

We still have the same run game and we will be ok. Cassel and Bowe got it going on, We will have another OC that will be good.

Winning is habit forming and the Chiefs are addicted. It will be much easier for the next coach to come in and take over.

Just will find it hard to like Josh Mac. if they bring him in.http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

But I'll learn to love another.http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Thanks Weis, for a great season, just wish you didn't leave just yet, but Best Wishes to ya, Be Wise!!!

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2011, 09:28 AM

Florida chose to contact him and asked permission first, and IMO Pioli always wanted McDaniels,he knows Matt Cassel much better than Weis does. Everyone is so agianst bringing McDaniels in, he is a good OC and knows our qb. it really is a good match despite popular opinon saying outherwise.

Here is a conspiracy for y'all. Pioli told lMcDaniels to take the HC job in denver to sabotage the donkeys knowing he would be the OC of the chiefs in a couple years.

kcvet
01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't want Mcspy. its the end of our running game. he'll turn Cassel into a throwing fool.

azchiefsfan
01-02-2011, 11:02 AM

If his leaving is due in part to the bad blood from their days at the Jets, have you looked at the sig picture with Haley and McDaniels. They openly hate each other.

azchiefsfan
01-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I really couldn't believe he was leaving. As was mentioned here and in the last thread about this; this is a distraction that can sink a team in the playoffs. Why would he and Florida announce this now? If it were a HC job, it would make more sense, but to throw this can of gas on the fire just before the playoffs makes it seem like he is trying to sabotage our playoffs. If this is true, I will be hurling insults his way, just because of the douche factor of the timing.

Hayvern
01-02-2011, 11:35 AM
I really couldn't believe he was leaving. As was mentioned here and in the last thread about this; this is a distraction that can sink a team in the playoffs. Why would he and Florida announce this now? If it were a HC job, it would make more sense, but to throw this can of gas on the fire just before the playoffs makes it seem like he is trying to sabotage our playoffs. If this is true, I will be hurling insults his way, just because of the douche factor of the timing.

AND THIS is the rub. This is BS and why Weiss has to go. You never announce things like this before the end of the season unless everyone on the team was aware of an issue.

I really have to believe there is more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps his poor health, I would think that Pioli/Haley talked to him and told him to find a new job before this one kills him.

I just cannot believe that this is the way he WANTED to treat this team before the playoffs something forced his hand.

Lazeye
01-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Pretty ridiculous that some of you can bad mouth the guy without knowing the circumstances for his departure. I wish Charlie the best, it's been a great ride with him and we still have to win 4 more games!
Its the way he is leaving that gets me mad as hell. Its just dumb, if I were Pioli I would say dont show up anymore just be gone we got this without you. This is not how business is done, should always wait til the end of a season. Screw CW!!!

1KC_Fan
01-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Yea its final he is gone.. just great. Its gonna make next year even harder. I don't think chiefs weren't happy with him. He is def. Taking a huge drop in job quality.

brdempsey69
01-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I just don't like the timing of this announcement as others have stated. It could have waited until after the season.

Bike
01-02-2011, 02:55 PM
I think Weis wanted more control over the offense than former OC Haley was willing to give. This parting may be less than amicable - otherwise why let it out before our playoff run?

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
01-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Thats good we dont want a quitter anyways

Fastphilly
01-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I thought other teams were not allowed to solicit players/coaches on another team if their season is still active..I'm guessing that applies only to NFL teams? Even if it does, what a cheap shot by Wies and Florida...I hope they both swing from a yardarm.

Ryfo18
01-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I thought other teams were not allowed to solicit players/coaches on another team if their season is still active..I'm guessing that applies only to NFL teams? Even if it does, what a cheap shot by Wies and Florida...I hope they both swing from a yardarm.

They asked the Chiefs for permission. Who cares if Weis is leaving? He's still the OC through the end of this year.

Coach
01-02-2011, 07:56 PM
They asked the Chiefs for permission. Who cares if Weis is leaving? He's still the OC through the end of this year.

Exactly, who cares! If Crennel was leaving, I'd be pissed.

Weis is running Haley's offense. So will the next O.C. whomever it might be. Weiss was mainly responsible for play selection which IMO has been very suspect many times this year. Passing on 3rd and short when we were averaging 6 yards a carry. Running plays when its 3rd and long. A lot of head scratchers this year IMO. He out thought himself many times.

KristofLaw
01-03-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm guessing there is truth to this. Anyways I'd like to thank him for coming to Kansas City regardless of thoughts on his performance and wish him the best if he does indeed leave for Florida. My only problem is the timing of this being leaked....

matthewschiefs
01-03-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm guessing there is truth to this. Anyways I'd like to thank him for coming to Kansas City regardless of thoughts on his performance and wish him the best if he does indeed leave for Florida. My only problem is the timing of this being leaked....

That's the age we live in these days with the internet there are very few storys that don't get leaked a few days before it's annonced.

chief31
01-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm pretty sure this just "didn't happen" and the Chiefs were aware of it well before the announcement.

No doubt.

Agreed.

:sign0178: There has to be more to the story then this, He has done a great job for us and I wish him well.

We still have the same run game and we will be ok. Cassel and Bowe got it going on, We will have another OC that will be good.

Winning is habit forming and the Chiefs are addicted. It will be much easier for the next coach to come in and take over.

Just will find it hard to like Josh Mac. if they bring him in.http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

But I'll learn to love another.http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Thanks Weis, for a great season, just wish you didn't leave just yet, but Best Wishes to ya, Be Wise!!!

Exactly!

I don't want Mcspy. its the end of our running game. he'll turn Cassel into a throwing fool.

I believe that injury, or old age, are the only ways to end a running game that features JC.

I just don't like the timing of this announcement as others have stated. It could have waited until after the season.

Absolutely.

McD, should he be our next OC, has to have impressed people with the work that he did with Kyle Orton, a guy The Bears got rid of because he was completely unable to throw the ball downfield.

And, while the whole football world seemed to have determined that Tim Tebow couldn't play NFL QB, one could presume that McDaniels' guidance paved the way for him to play pretty well when he did get to play.

And, should he be our next OC, how nice would it be to have him living off of a huge settlement from The Broncos, while calling the plays to destroy them?

okikcfan
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
I think McD is a very good OC but because of everything that happen in Denver, I'm not too sure Pioli and Haley will go for it tho I could very well be wrong. Question is can Haley and McD get along? As Coach has said I do question some of Wies's play calling and wonder if that could have been the biggest problem there. Out of respect for KC they (Fla) should have kept there mouth's shut until after our season ended. But the fact is Cassel improved Greatly under Wies. Back to McD, he made some very questionable decisions when he went to Denver, Peyton Hillis, Brady Quinn and so on and oh, spygate, yea, he didn't know about that but he did watch the tape and didn't say anything. Now he won't have the control he had in Denver and IF Haley and McD could team up and make a good odd couple then I am all for it. I am just worried that McD would want more say so on who he keeps and what he wants. Sorry it's early and I'm just rambling! lol

Hayvern
01-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I think McD is a very good OC but because of everything that happen in Denver, I'm not too sure Pioli and Haley will go for it tho I could very well be wrong. Question is can Haley and McD get along? As Coach has said I do question some of Wies's play calling and wonder if that could have been the biggest problem there. Out of respect for KC they (Fla) should have kept there mouth's shut until after our season ended. But the fact is Cassel improved Greatly under Wies. Back to McD, he made some very questionable decisions when he went to Denver, Peyton Hillis, Brady Quinn and so on and oh, spygate, yea, he didn't know about that but he did watch the tape and didn't say anything. Now he won't have the control he had in Denver and IF Haley and McD could team up and make a good odd couple then I am all for it. I am just worried that McD would want more say so on who he keeps and what he wants. Sorry it's early and I'm just rambling! lol

McDaniels right now has to be thinking the best he could hope for is a OC job. There is no chance he will be a head coach again for a few more years unless it is at a college level.

As for him coming here? I find that a long shot, there is something going around the league about him as a head coach. I think his youth got him in trouble a little as well. I doubt he will come here after what went on in Denver.

One thing about Whitlock's article that struck me is the size of Haley's ego. I am not sure any OC will be able to come in here and work with Haley. Haley seems to be unable to release the reigns on the offensive side of the ball.

We will see though.

Canada
01-04-2011, 03:38 PM
McDaniels right now has to be thinking the best he could hope for is a OC job. There is no chance he will be a head coach again for a few more years unless it is at a college level.

As for him coming here? I find that a long shot, there is something going around the league about him as a head coach. I think his youth got him in trouble a little as well. I doubt he will come here after what went on in Denver.

One thing about Whitlock's article that struck me is the size of Haley's ego. I am not sure any OC will be able to come in here and work with Haley. Haley seems to be unable to release the reigns on the offensive side of the ball.

We will see though.

The only times I have ever heard of Haleys ego are 1. When Waters was complaining about him at the start of the year and 2. From Fatlock.

Waters is now going to the Pro Bowl and I think Fatlock is full of sh!t so I dont put a lot of stock in this Haleys ego crap.

Chiefster
01-04-2011, 03:54 PM
The only times I have ever heard of Haleys ego are 1. When Waters was complaining about him at the start of the year and 2. From Fatlock.

Waters is now going to the Pro Bowl and I think Fatlock is full of sh!t so I dont put a lot of stock in this Haleys ego crap.

I completely agree and ignore Fatlock every chance I get. :D

OPLookn
01-04-2011, 04:26 PM

Agreed not to mention that your #1 was the same time that Haley and Pioli were trying to bring in our QBotF and an OLB that's played great for us for two years now.

As to your second point....Fatlock calling someone else egotistical....pot...this is kettle. Fatlock is just jealous that he never got a story out of Haley or Pioli so now he bags on them as much as possible. That's cool, he can keep bagging on them all the way til after the super bowl when Haley has a ring on his finger.

Fatlock = :sign0104:

okikcfan
01-05-2011, 01:31 AM

Fatlock? Hmmm, never heard of him, lol I for one am not really gonna worry about it till the time comes. We still have a few games to go yet before our season is over. I'm sure Pioli is already scanning the market as we speak so whom ever will be hired before we ever get wind of it cause thats the Chiefs way. Just as long as it's not Cable...lol

:toast2: and I really like how this glass just keeps filling itself! No more :beer:

Hayvern
01-05-2011, 10:40 AM

Well someone had an ego that refused to allow them to see the other's point of view when Gailey was here. Gailey was let go because he and Haley did not see eye to eye and instead of working through it, someone was too stubborn to see the other's point of view.

Could have been Gailey, could have been Haley, I don't know either of them, and like you I don't really trust the Fat One, however, now you also have Weiss leaving as well.

Maybe Weiss is leaving for the very reasons he says he is, but you really have to wonder.

4everchiefsfan25
01-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Well someone had an ego that refused to allow them to see the other's point of view when Gailey was here. Gailey was let go because he and Haley did not see eye to eye and instead of working through it, someone was too stubborn to see the other's point of view.

Could have been Gailey, could have been Haley, I don't know either of them, and like you I don't really trust the Fat One, however, now you also have Weiss leaving as well.

Maybe Weiss is leaving for the very reasons he says he is, but you really have to wonder.
IMO its not Haleys ego that made Gailey leave. Todd Haley knows what he wants and he is very exact about it and Gailey couldnt give what Haley wanted so he got the boot. Just like Haley came in and knew how he wanted to do training camp and thats prooven to work. I just think Weiss is the one that is very arrogant.

Canada
01-05-2011, 12:32 PM

Haley wanted someone to implement the system that we are running now and Gailey was not willing to do that. That is not an ego problem, that is the boss telling an employee what to do. Regardless of Gaileys point of view, he was the OC and if he isnt going to do what the HC wants then whats the point in keeping him? If we had Gailey running the pistol offense again then we would be a year behind where we are now. I really think that if Haleys ego was that bad then we would be hearing about it from more than just one guy.

4everchiefsfan25
01-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Haley wanted someone to implement the system that we are running now and Gailey was not willing to do that. That is not an ego problem, that is the boss telling an employee what to do. Regardless of Gaileys point of view, he was the OC and if he isnt going to do what the HC wants then whats the point in keeping him? If we had Gailey running the pistol offense again then we would be a year behind where we are now. I really think that if Haleys ego was that bad then we would be hearing about it from more than just one guy.
Also to add to that if Haley had a big ego problem wouldn't you think that Pioli would put that to a stop? I think Pioli is the one that has the last say and if Haley had the ego I believe he would be the one trying to have the last say.

matthewschiefs
01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Also to add to that if Haley had a big ego problem wouldn't you think that Pioli would put that to a stop? I think Pioli is the one that has the last say and if Haley had the ego I believe he would be the one trying to have the last say.

I agree I really don't buy into the whole Ego thing for either Haley or Pioli. I think that talk is just from certain people who just don't like them and will say anything to discount and discredit what they have and will do in Kansas City.

4everchiefsfan25
01-05-2011, 12:53 PM
I agree I really don't buy into the whole Ego thing for either Haley or Pioli. I think that talk is just from certain people who just don't like them and will say anything to discount and discredit what they have and will do in Kansas City.
Thats true Whitlock has always had something out for Haley and Pioli, maybe he is just jealous

matthewschiefs
01-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Thats true Whitlock has always had something out for Haley and Pioli, maybe he is just jealous

I think he is still upset that we moved on from Herm. He defended Herm after a 2-14 season wanting him to come back. Now we are 10-6 AFC west Champs and he has questions about our head coach. He is self servering in what he writes. He needs to take a course in being professional.

4everchiefsfan25
01-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I think he is still upset that we moved on from Herm. He defended Herm after a 2-14 season wanting him to come back. Now we are 10-6 AFC west Champs and he has questions about our head coach. He is self servering in what he writes. He needs to take a course in being professional.
The one that has the huge Ego problem is him because I mean when he left the Kansas City Star he had some talk radio special and explaining why he left and blah blah blah he just wanted the spot light for him hes a joke.

Canada
01-05-2011, 01:18 PM

Whitlock got all bent out of shape after Herm and CP were let go. They were open about everything that was going on at 1 Arrowhead dr. Now the new regime keeps things quiet so fatlock had nothing to write about because he isnt capable of writing a story all on his own

4everchiefsfan25
01-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Whitlock got all bent out of shape after Herm and CP were let go. They were open about everything that was going on at 1 Arrowhead dr. Now the new regime keeps things quiet so fatlock had nothing to write about because he isnt capable of writing a story all on his own
:bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
01-06-2011, 04:30 PM
IMO its not Haleys ego that made Gailey leave. Todd Haley knows what he wants and he is very exact about it and Gailey couldnt give what Haley wanted so he got the boot. Just like Haley came in and knew how he wanted to do training camp and thats prooven to work. I just think Weiss is the one that is very arrogant.

And you guys are making my point for me. Either Haley, or Gailey had a problem with ego. Each of them had an opinion on how the offense should have been run. The head coach is the leader and has final say, but a leader listens to the people around him and should make a decision based on the information provided. Haley and Gailey needed to work together and they could not, for whatever reason.

Ultimately, I believe that something similar is in play with Weiss even though Weiss denies it. Anyone watching can tell that there is strife in the offensive play calling at times, there is no secret there. There needs to be trust between each of them and I just don't think that trust is all it should be.

If the truth is known, I would bet there is an ego issue somewhere in this mess. Maybe it is Weiss's ego that is the problem, I don't know, but something has happened to make Weiss change his mind about staying on.

And yes, it could be exactly what Weiss says it is.

Canada
01-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Thats not an ego problem. Gailey did not want to do his job. He got fired. End of story.

KristofLaw
01-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Scott Pioli will bring in the right guy next year. His hiring history is pretty solid.