PDA

View Full Version : Frustration.

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm not trying to start a war. I'm just venting. So please, keep that in mind here...

I'll be honest. I've been getting frustrated, even pissed off, with the constant trashing of the Chiefs by their own fans. Most posts I have read that belittle the Chiefs and their chances this year are laden with sarcasm and negativity with seemingly little to no factual basis, whatsoever. I have done a lot of research and posted many stats that speak to the contrary of what many are saying in the national media and in the Chiefs' fan-nation, alike. Yet, only a few seem to want to give these facts any merit.

I was discouraged enough by this to again check out other Chiefs' forums on the web. What I found was not only more of the same, but it was actually worse. Going into the fourth week of the season, most of these sites are still giving ear to debates that have been long over here on the crowd. For instance, the starting quarterback debate was over as soon as Herm announced Damon as the starter in the preseason. I understand that people who supported Croyle as the starter still made their opinions known on the crowd for some time after but it seems to me that the crowd now views this issue as what it really is: a dead horse. That being said, the "hardcore Chiefs discussion" forum on most other sites is still laden with posts about the matter after 3 weeks regular-season play. Please allow me to say that if you think Croyle should start at this point of the season, you are a certifiable moron, in my opinion.

I also noticed on other Chiefs' forum sites that next-to-nobody posts any stats or analysis to back-up their opinions. There are many posters on the crowd that do, and for that, I am thankful. With the rare exeption, most of the people here at the crowd post with signs of some level of intellect. Those being: complete sentences; stats, facts, and analysis to validate your opinion; respect for others; and keeping things mostly civil when somebody presents an opposing viewpoint. I am glad to be a member of this community as it is by far the best and most-informed I have seen on the web regarding the Chiefs.

However, to those who merely adopt the opinions of others as their own and back it up with nothing more than sarcasm and negativity, I say this: First of all, do yourself a favor by reading and researching in order to formulate your own opinion. This will help develop decision-making skills and improve the logical thought-process. Secondly, do not waste your time trying to change my mind. In fact, there is no reason for you to even talk to me. I will NEVER take off the red sunglasses. Call them rose-colored if you want, but I know the truth. They are RED. Like the color of the Chiefs. Like the color of my team, who always has my full support and in whom I will always place my faith. I see red, I bleed red and I am PROUD of my team. In fact, I would suggest that some of you take off the blue sunglasses because being blue all the time is not a good way to go through life and it seems you may have some depression issues. I'm not naming names and I'm not calling out anybody in particular, here. All I'm saying is get your damn chins up! This is CHIEFS' football season and it's supposed to be FUN and full of HOPE and excitement! I know the possiblilty of disappointment always exists but I'll deal with that when I have to! Until then...

GO CHIEFS!!!

hermhater
09-27-2007, 04:53 PM
This is one of the most eloquent, inspiring and educated post I have seen yet on this site.

Thank you for reminding us all about the most important thing of all, our unconditional love for our Chiefs football team!

Many people on this site have many different opinions.

Please note that an opinion is not the same thing as an educated, well formed hypothesis based on previous data, and or analysis culled from those who have studied the game.

It is by all means someones right to have an opinion and express it, but it lowers the IQ of the conversation when bigotry and prejudice are introduced.

Sarcasm is one of this sites premiere attractions to me, but simply being snotty to the Chiefs football team is not the same.

If anyone is just looking to anger others on the site, and change their opinions at a whim to do it, so they can get a rise out of another that is not the spirit of this forum and will never be.

I doubt that opinions will ever be censored like profanity, but let it be known that the Mods on this site don't take kindly to blind retribution on ones part, by taking their frustrations out by causing outrage among the other members of this site.

I realize I am not required to read every post by every person on the site (I often choose selectively when reading posts) but this is a Chiefs fan site built to support our Chiefs players.

Realize that the PLAYERS on this team have internet access too and it is detrimental to the success of our team to constantly bash their abilities on the field.

The media and the players take cues from the fans and we proudly rank as the number one fans in the NFL (or about any other professional sports team that I can think of) in this city and I for one will not sit by idly while that reputation is tarnished.

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I meant to say what hermhater did. Awesome post, dude!

DrunkHillbilly
09-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow! I didn't expect a short novel on your feelings about me!!!!!! ( Ha ha, LOL, just kidding, I'm smiling now, funny ect...)

Doing research is great and I think most do some to a certain extent here on the crowd. However, numbers don't always make a valid point! I believe the 3 top RB's in the league are proving that right now. If you were to do research on the Champs from last year, it would say the D sucked for 17 weeks! Well, in the end, that's what won them the Superbowl.

Opinions are just that, opinions! Everyone's is different. We can all think what we want and there's not a damn thing anybody can do about it. It pisses everyone off at some point! Nobody likes to be disagreed with.

I think another thing you have to keep in mind here is that human nature comes into play. Now, you may be the excepytion to the rule but I doubt it. After a person hears something so many times, it is human nature to start to believe what you are hearing. This may be one of the reasons so many people here or on the other sites you visited are saying the things they are saying. Or, they just might have the opinion that the team is just not going to be that good for whatever reason.

This has been hashed and rehashed time and time again. You know this! IMO, just because you have some negativity towards the lack of offseason moves your team made, coaching decisions or just the crappy play of the team, doesn't make you any less of a fan than the guy that has never ever and never will say a bad word about the team! The whole realistic thing comes into play and it's just a ciclical merry go round that never ends.

Fans are fans and they all cheer for their team in different ways. Just like people celebrate or morn in different ways. Remember dude, this is just a forum for people who like the Chiefs to come and talk to other fans. Some are here to bull**** and some are here for the hardcore stuff. Like I said, most are fans or they wouldn't be here and they have the right to voice their opinions just as you or I do. Not life or death, just a football forum with what I would say are pretty good peeps!!!!! Have a beer! Cheers!!

hermhater
09-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Wow! I didn't expect a short novel on your feelings about me!!!!!! ( Ha ha, LOL, just kidding, I'm smiling now, funny ect...)

Doing research is great and I think most do some to a certain extent here on the crowd. However, numbers don't always make a valid point! I believe the 3 top RB's in the league are proving that right now. If you were to do research on the Champs from last year, it would say the D sucked for 17 weeks! Well, in the end, that's what won them the Superbowl.

Opinions are just that, opinions! Everyone's is different. We can all think what we want and there's not a damn thing anybody can do about it. It pisses everyone off at some point! Nobody likes to be disagreed with.

I think another thing you have to keep in mind here is that human nature comes into play. Now, you may be the excepytion to the rule but I doubt it. After a person hears something so many times, it is human nature to start to believe what you are hearing. This may be one of the reasons so many people here or on the other sites you visited are saying the things they are saying. Or, they just might have the opinion that the team is just not going to be that good for whatever reason.

This has been hashed and rehashed time and time again. You know this! IMO, just because you have some negativity towards the lack of offseason moves your team made, coaching decisions or just the crappy play of the team, doesn't make you any less of a fan than the guy that has never ever and never will say a bad word about the team! The whole realistic thing comes into play and it's just a ciclical merry go round that never ends.

Fans are fans and they all cheer for their team in different ways. Just like people celebrate or morn in different ways. Remember dude, this is just a forum for people who like the Chiefs to come and talk to other fans. Some are here to bull**** and some are here for the hardcore stuff. Like I said, most are fans or they wouldn't be here and they have the right to voice their opinions just as you or I do. Not life or death, just a football forum with what I would say are pretty good peeps!!!!! Have a beer! Cheers!!

Thank you for the good response!

I wasn't agreeing with any one person or disagreeing with any one person in my post.

I was simply trying to remind us all that this IS our team and believe it or not the players look to us to support them no matter what.

We do it at Arrowhead and it feed their fire.

The same can be said of this forum.

It is viewed by a lot more people than just the ones who have registered on the site.

I personally would not be surprised to find out that one or two of the Chiefs organization is logged on at all time.

Believe it or not the organization pays more attention to the fans than we may believe.

Whether or not they act upon those observations is irrelevant. It keeps the spirit of the team aloft.

This is not a lost season.

Feel free to express opinions on what you think the organization should do, but please guys let's support our players and encourage them in any way we can!

Excellent postings by all in this thread!

chief31
09-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Yep. I agree.:lol:

DrunkHillbilly
09-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Thank you for the good response!

I wasn't agreeing with any one person or disagreeing with any one person in my post.

I was simply trying to remind us all that this IS our team and believe it or not the players look to us to support them no matter what.

We do it at Arrowhead and it feed their fire.

The same can be said of this forum.

It is viewed by a lot more people than just the ones who have registered on the site.

I personally would not be surprised to find out that one or two of the Chiefs organization is logged on at all time.

Believe it or not the organization pays more attention to the fans than we may believe.

Whether or not they act upon those observations is irrelevant. It keeps the spirit of the team aloft.

This is not a lost season.

Feel free to express opinions on what you think the organization should do, but please guys let's support our players and encourage them in any way we can!

Excellent postings by all in this thread!

I appreciate your posts and you make some valid points but with all due respect, I believe there is some contradiction in what you say. If you believe the organization, whether it be players, coaches, Gm or owner, look at this site ( I personally don't) and you think we should support the team no matter what to keep the spirit of the team aloft, why all the hating on Herman Edwards? Your name even reflects negative energy! Do you think it bothers him when he see's something like this?

Now, it doesn't bother me by any stretch but if we go by what you think may be the case, maybe it bothers the team in some way. I don't think we have to worry about the team losing games because they read something on this site and it affected the way they play!

I believe by getting to know a few people through this site that most of us are going to say what we feel when we feel like it. Even the mods get a little pissed off once in a while as well they should. This is our (the fans) team. We pay lots of money as a group to watch these guys play, buy their jerseys ect. IMO, there is nothing wrong with a little fire in the belly when you as a fan believe your team is not doing everything they can to win games and have a productive season. After all, it has been 38 years since we have even sniffed the SuperBowl!

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 05:58 PM

I would definately have to agree with that. There are a lot of good people here on the crowd.

Also a great point about human nature. I had no idea you could be so eloquent! :lol:

Really a great post, though. Thanks for not totally rippin me! :D

DrunkHillbilly
09-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I would definately have to agree with that. There are a lot of good people here on the crowd.

Also a great point about human nature. I had no idea you could be so eloquent! :lol:

Really a great post, though. Thanks for not totally rippin me! :D

There's no doubt I like to stir the pot once in a while, I just think it makes thing interesting and brings passion out of people who may tend to be a little intraverted.
AND IT"S FUN!!!!!!!!

Eventhough I majored in hockey and minored in beer, girls and football, I still have my moments!! Thanks.

hermhater
09-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I appreciate your posts and you make some valid points but with all due respect, I believe there is some contradiction in what you say. If you believe the organization, whether it be players, coaches, Gm or owner, look at this site ( I personally don't) and you think we should support the team no matter what to keep the spirit of the team aloft, why all the hating on Herman Edwards? Your name even reflects negative energy! Do you think it bothers him when he see's something like this?

Now, it doesn't bother me by any stretch but if we go by what you think may be the case, maybe it bothers the team in some way. I don't think we have to worry about the team losing games because they read something on this site and it affected the way they play!

I believe by getting to know a few people through this site that most of us are going to say what we feel when we feel like it. Even the mods get a little pissed off once in a while as well they should. This is our (the fans) team. We pay lots of money as a group to watch these guys play, buy their jerseys ect. IMO, there is nothing wrong with a little fire in the belly when you as a fan believe your team is not doing everything they can to win games and have a productive season. After all, it has been 38 years since we have even sniffed the SuperBowl!

Thanks for the response!

HERM has stated publicly that he "doesn't even have the internet", so I doubt that he even knows about me (wish it were different and he were listening).

You have every right to vent your frustrations on this site as well as any other.

If HERM would not say such ridiculously stupid things publicly I would not be stating the obvious.

I believe he can change and I believe if anyone can help him do that, it will probably be this Kansas City Chiefs football team, and fans.

He says he listens and it showed in the second half last week. I know some of the players commented on Solari seeing something wrong with their defense and making adjustments in the second half, but I like to believe HERM listened to the offense and their frustrations at the play calling and called out Solari during half time forcing him to make plays independent of HERMs gameplan.

I have stated previously that I like HERM just not what he has done to our team!

I WANT to change my name to hermlover (as gay as that may sound) when he starts showing a determined effort to not embarrass us in a public forum and hamstringing our offense.

PROPS to Herm for improving our defense (even at the detriment of our O!)

Thanks again for an insightful response!:bananen_smilies046::drunkhb::toast2:

hermhater
09-27-2007, 06:11 PM
m0ef0e how did this thread not start in Hardcore Chiefs Discussion?

This might be one of the best threads I've seen in some time!

Keep up the good work DrunkHillbilly!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Chiefster
09-27-2007, 06:37 PM
However, to those who merely adopt the opinions of others as their own and back it up with nothing more than sarcasm and negativity, I say this: First of all, do yourself a favor by reading and researching in order to formulate your own opinion. This will help develop decision-making skills and improve the logical thought-process. Secondly, do not waste your time trying to change my mind. In fact, there is no reason for you to even talk to me. I will NEVER take off the red sunglasses. Call them rose-colored if you want, but I know the truth. They are RED. Like the color of the Chiefs. Like the color of my team, who always has my full support and in whom I will always place my faith. I see red, I bleed red and I am PROUD of my team. In fact, I would suggest that some of you take off the blue sunglasses because being blue all the time is not a good way to go through life and it seems you may have some depression issues. I'm not naming names and I'm not calling out anybody in particular, here. All I'm saying is get your damn chins up! This is CHIEFS' football season and it's supposed to be FUN and full of HOPE and excitement! I know the possiblilty of disappointment always exists but I'll deal with that when I have to! Until then...

GO CHIEFS!!!

It's ok, you can say it; "Chiefster". :lol:

I agree with much, actually nearly all, of what you're saying here which is what places our Chiefs community apart from all the rest IMO. However, I will continue to take the keeping my expectations relatively low approach, and be happy to eat crow on occasion and be pleasantly surprised then to raise my expectations only to come crashing down.

I have tried to keep my negativity to a minimum. :D

Nice article!:sign0098:

hermhater
09-27-2007, 06:42 PM

I agree with much, actually nearly all, of what you're saying here which is what places our Chiefs community apart from all the rest IMO. However, I will continue to take the keeping my expectations relatively low approach, and be happy to eat crow on occasion and be pleasantly surprised then to raise my expectations only to come crashing down.

And it shows!

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 06:46 PM
m0ef0e how did this thread not start in Hardcore Chiefs Discussion?

This might be one of the best threads I've seen in some time!

Keep up the good work DrunkHillbilly!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

It's really just a rant as opposed to anything constructive, IMO. I thought it would be better served here because we aren't going through stats and analysis. Maybe I was wrong. I was just venting, anyway.

Dang! How did you know I was talking about you???:lol:

Man, you're just such a negative jerk to everybody. No wonder you don't have any friends!
:sign0103:

j/k :lol: We love you, Chiefster!

Chiefster
09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
It's really just a rant as opposed to anything constructive, IMO. I thought it would be better served here because we aren't going through stats and analysis. Maybe I was wrong. I was just venting, anyway.

Dang! How did you know I was talking about you???:lol:

Man, you're just such a negative jerk to everybody. No wonder you don't have any friends!
:sign0103:

j/k :lol: We love you, Chiefster!

:lol::lol:

I have a kind of sixth sense that way. :D

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 10:01 PM
:lol::lol:

I have a kind of sick sense that way. :D

FYP

j/k :lol:

McLovin
09-28-2007, 12:27 AM
With the anonymity of the internet how are we to know that some of the regular posters on here arent part of the Chiefs organization. Like take for example Herm-Hater ... that could actually be Herm only other person that I know of that has the time to read and post as much as HH is Herm. Especially during the game. (Laughing.. no really laughing don't get your panties in a bunch lol) and I totally agree, it is fine to post a rant about this part of the team or that part of the team from time to time, a certain amount of the negativity isn't a secret. But a true fan even when down will try to find the good as often as possible. I love this board because for the most part there are a lot of diehard fans. But there are still a couple that I feel also leave a little to be desired. On LJ, he hasn't produced like I thought he would.... well duh I wouldn't have drafted him first in my fantasy draft if I thought he would be shut down like he has been ... but ... and this is a big but... LJ had a LOT to do with the Chiefs win against the Vikes. Hard to double team Bowe and Gonzo when your stacking the box, because no matter how poorly he has faired in one or two games he is the Centaur - Half-Man Half-Beast. And who doesn't love the sound of Mitch Holthaus .... Touchdown Kaaannn-saassss City. Final thought if everyone continually says the Chiefs are a bad team, they will end up having the mentality of the 2006 Raiders (Randy Moss enough said) or of the current San Diego team.. if you can call them a team, they are a lot of very skilled individuals that don't seem to form a team.

My 2 cents - Had to post I bet all my newly aquired bucks on the Chiefs to beat San Diego. (figured if I win ... great if I lose I just have to post more and get it back. So for your sake lets hope they win big so you don't have to listen to me.)

Well enough of my rambling...

bryonc

hermhater
09-28-2007, 12:31 AM
With the anonymity of the internet how are we to know that some of the regular posters on here arent part of the Chiefs organization. Like take for example Herm-Hater ... that could actually be Herm only other person that I know of that has the time to read and post as much as HH is Herm. Especially during the game. (Laughing.. no really laughing don't get your panties in a bunch lol) and I totally agree, it is fine to post a rant about this part of the team or that part of the team from time to time, a certain amount of the negativity isn't a secret. But a true fan even when down will try to find the good as often as possible. I love this board because for the most part there are a lot of diehard fans. But there are still a couple that I feel also leave a little to be desired. On LJ, he hasn't produced like I thought he would.... well duh I wouldn't have drafted him first in my fantasy draft if I thought he would be shut down like he has been ... but ... and this is a big but... LJ had a LOT to do with the Chiefs win against the Vikes. Hard to double team Bowe and Gonzo when your stacking the box, because no matter how poorly he has faired in one or two games he is the Centaur - Half-Man Half-Beast. And who doesn't love the sound of Mitch Holthaus .... Touchdown Kaaannn-saassss City. Final thought if everyone continually says the Chiefs are a bad team, they will end up having the mentality of the 2006 Raiders (Randy Moss enough said) or of the current San Diego team.. if you can call them a team, they are a lot of very skilled individuals that don't seem to form a team.

My 2 cents - Had to post I bet all my newly aquired bucks on the Chiefs to beat San Diego. (figured if I win ... great if I lose I just have to post more and get it back. So for your sake lets hope they win big so you don't have to listen to me.)

Well enough of my rambling...

bryonc

Possibly the most insightful thing you have ever posted on this site and I am jealous I hadn't formed the thought myself.

I think I posted an article about how Solari saw something in their defensive scheme and changed at half time. Would have been nice for them to take advantage of stacking the box in the first half.

(It was in there somewhere lost amongst the mental cobwebs from recovering from Canadas visit.)

Good post!

:sign0098:

Chiefster
09-28-2007, 12:45 AM
FYP

j/k :lol:

Well that too, and it goes without saying. :D

hermhater
09-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Well that too, and it goes without saying. :D

You still up geezer?

Good for you!

sling58
09-28-2007, 07:34 AM
I will never bash the Chiefs GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Canada
09-28-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm not trying to start a war. I'm just venting. So please, keep that in mind here...

I'll be honest. I've been getting frustrated, even pissed off, with the constant trashing of the Chiefs by their own fans. Most posts I have read that belittle the Chiefs and their chances this year are laden with sarcasm and negativity with seemingly little to no factual basis, whatsoever. I have done a lot of research and posted many stats that speak to the contrary of what many are saying in the national media and in the Chiefs' fan-nation, alike. Yet, only a few seem to want to give these facts any merit.

I was discouraged enough by this to again check out other Chiefs' forums on the web. What I found was not only more of the same, but it was actually worse. Going into the fourth week of the season, most of these sites are still giving ear to debates that have been long over here on the crowd. For instance, the starting quarterback debate was over as soon as Herm announced Damon as the starter in the preseason. I understand that people who supported Croyle as the starter still made their opinions known on the crowd for some time after but it seems to me that the crowd now views this issue as what it really is: a dead horse. That being said, the "hardcore Chiefs discussion" forum on most other sites is still laden with posts about the matter after 3 weeks regular-season play. Please allow me to say that if you think Croyle should start at this point of the season, you are a certifiable moron, in my opinion.

I also noticed on other Chiefs' forum sites that next-to-nobody posts any stats or analysis to back-up their opinions. There are many posters on the crowd that do, and for that, I am thankful. With the rare exeption, most of the people here at the crowd post with signs of some level of intellect. Those being: complete sentences; stats, facts, and analysis to validate your opinion; respect for others; and keeping things mostly civil when somebody presents an opposing viewpoint. I am glad to be a member of this community as it is by far the best and most-informed I have seen on the web regarding the Chiefs.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Is that a shot at me?? :lol:

As for the rest of the post...CHIEFS KICK ***!!! :bananen_smilies046:

McLovin
09-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I personally have wondered the fan status of one on this board since I started posting ( No it isnt you Canada) but then there is one other that has made me loosen up on the first poster.. One Im trying to decide what team he is a fanboy of but he is obviously not a Chiefs fan, maybe fairweather but not a true fan. Almost posted replys a dozen times .. and find myself often siding with Canada on this issue, and a lil scared how many opinions I share with Herm-Hater. Good Post m0ef0e. Im right there with ya.

btw have I mentioned lately
Fire Herm and Solari
C-O-W-H-E-R :yahoo:

Canada
09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
I personally have wondered the fan status of one on this board since I started posting ( No it isnt you Canada) but then there is one other that has made me loosen up on the first poster.. One Im trying to decide what team he is a fanboy of but he is obviously not a Chiefs fan, maybe fairweather but not a true fan. Almost posted replys a dozen times .. and find myself often siding with Canada on this issue, and a lil scared how many opinions I share with Herm-Hater. Good Post m0ef0e. Im right there with ya.

btw have I mentioned lately
Fire Herm and Solari
C-O-W-H-E-R :yahoo:

Can't go wrong there brother!! :bananen_smilies046: