PDA

View Full Version : Barry in KC?

hermhater
09-27-2007, 06:31 PM
ESPN says that KC or Tampa Bay are considering signing Barry Bonds next year for a reported $8m.

Heard the guy is a total jerk, and I am sure he took steroids (makes sense if your batting against some pitcher who is also taking steroids, it's just leveling the playing field), but it was apparently before they were tested for in MLB.

Any thoughts?

m0ef0e
09-27-2007, 06:57 PM
ESPN says that KC or Tampa Bay are considering signing Barry Bonds next year for a reported $8m.

Heard the guy is a total jerk, and I am sure he took steroids (makes sense if your batting against some pitcher who is also taking steroids, it's just leveling the playing field), but it was apparently before they were tested for in MLB.

Any thoughts?

OMG!!! NOOO!!! Take him, Tampa!!! PLEEEEEASE!!! Don't let the Royals be that stupid!

McLovin
09-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Seriously, this is blowing my mind ... the Royals actually have fans. Wow gonna take a while to get over the shock. :bash::SHOCKED:

hermhater
09-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Seriously, this is blowing my mind ... the Royals actually have fans. Wow gonna take a while to get over the shock. :bash::SHOCKED:

Hey, I watch the games until they lose 10 in a row!

I remember '85!

:funnypost:

hermhater
09-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Hey, I watch the games until they lose 10 in a row!

I remember '85!

:funnypost:

So I watch about 11 games!

:lol:

McLovin
09-27-2007, 11:48 PM
I moved into KC as a baseball fan who could care less about football, moved out a huge Chiefs fan who could care less about baseball. Been out of town 15 years and still barely watch baseball. Lived right across the street from Arrowhead / Kaufmann. Although running into Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith (to have that combo back ... those were the days) in Fuddruckers and getting kicked out of a bar in Blue Springs (underage) for playing darts between fans and the playoff game. I didnt have a chance had to become a fan.

bryonc ... might have a poll for a new nick or a sig line anyone up for it?

hermhater
09-28-2007, 12:01 AM
I moved into KC as a baseball fan who could care less about football, moved out a huge Chiefs fan who could care less about baseball. Been out of town 15 years and still barely watch baseball. Lived right across the street from Arrowhead / Kaufmann. Although running into Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith (to have that combo back ... those were the days) in Fuddruckers and getting kicked out of a bar in Blue Springs (underage) for playing darts between fans and the playoff game. I didnt have a chance had to become a fan.

bryonc ... might have a poll for a new nick or a sig line anyone up for it?

The Chiefs players are very approachable. My gf worked at a bar called the Lockerroom and the Chiefs were there a lot. I sat and shared popcorn chicken with DT after a game (we lost) and he was kind of down but still appreciative of a fan.

Well if you're a displaced Chiefs fan lets see...

backtoarrowhead ? missingkc? chiefinexile?

stlchief
09-28-2007, 12:09 AM
The Chiefs players are very approachable. My gf worked at a bar called the Lockerroom and the Chiefs were there a lot. I sat and shared popcorn chicken with DT after a game (we lost) and he was kind of down but still appreciative of a fan.

Well if you're a displaced Chiefs fan lets see...

backtoarrowhead ? missingkc? chiefinexile?

Was the bar @ one of the boats? My sis worked at a boat-bar I think called the Lockerroom...

hermhater
09-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Was the bar @ one of the boats? My sis worked at a boat-bar I think called the Lockerroom...

Nah, it was at 40hwy and Noland road.

It was only called that for a few years, then Mike and Ike's or something.

McLovin
09-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Isn't that near where Celebrities was, or was that closer to Arrowhead maybe near the Adams Mark. I was told that some of the Chiefs owned Celebrities and they went there after most home games or a lot or ... well you get it.

Found out last time I was back hard to remember the area. I worked off Independence Ave (Cypress 'down by Prospect') in KC .. drove down there (during the day) to show my family where I worked, couldn't even find it.

Although think if I was alone I could still find the Shady Lady... lol
hmmm - Displaced-Chief ... has a ring to it, could go by DC

stlchief
09-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Isn't that near where Celebrities was, or was that closer to Arrowhead maybe near the Adams Mark. I was told that some of the Chiefs owned Celebrities and they went there after most home games or a lot or ... well you get it.

Found out last time I was back hard to remember the area. I worked off Independence Ave (Cypress 'down by Prospect') in KC .. drove down there (during the day) to show my family where I worked, couldn't even find it.

Although think if I was alone I could still find the Shady Lady... lol
hmmm - Displaced-Chief ... has a ring to it, could go by DC

The shady lade, the dove, EC. they all have a way of finding us...

:bananen_smilies046:

Guru
09-28-2007, 01:11 AM
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Guru
09-28-2007, 01:12 AM
and NO

hermhater
09-28-2007, 01:15 AM
The shady lade, the dove, EC. they all have a way of finding us...

:bananen_smilies046:

Be very careful... it seems I knew stlchief in another life... he is stalking me...

hehehehehe... :lol:

Chiefster
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Ditto

and NO

...and DITTO

Canada
09-29-2007, 08:28 PM
So Barry Bonds wants to play for the Chiefs or the Bucs?

sling58
09-30-2007, 08:11 AM
WHo's Barry Bonds?

hermhater
09-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!

sling58
09-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!

Great post whoring skills!! I wonder who taught you this....oh yeah ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: